The Technodrome Forums

Go Back   The Technodrome Forums > TMNT Universes > TMNT Comic Discussion

Notices

Old 07-31-2013, 09:52 PM   #121
ProphetofGanja
Dub Professor

Quote:
Originally Posted by funatic View Post
was it stated anywhere specifically that the Alopex micro takes place between 23 & 24? I know the foot deserters at the beginning have a City Fall vibe, but that thread goes back all the way to the Savate being introduced in the single digit issues. Just seems strange that Shredder would take a trip to Alaska amid the building tensions - I've done that flight before and it is no picnic. How's
He going to seize New York when overcome with jetlag?!
Spoiler:
It would also play Alopex as a stronger character if she'd been plotting against Shredder for longer, biding her time for the best opportunity to take him out.
Based on Bobby Curnow saying that the Alopex micro fits in chronologically between #21 and #22, I'm more inclined to think a theory I have is right
Spoiler:
The Alopex micro takes place at some point soon after the events in issue #21, the prologue to City Fall (really, it could take place at the same time, since they're in totally different places. All that matters is that the events in the Alopex micro take place before City Fall properly begins). In the first three issues of City Fall, only a few hours have passed so far. When the turtles arrive back at their home after realizing Leo is missing, the message from Hob is already on their wall. That means Hob already knew the events that were going to transpire. It seems to me that Alopex and Hob have formed some kind of arrangement. I think Alopex has become disenchanted by the whole Foot Clan, not just the Shredder, and has decided to ally herself with the other mutants. That seems to me to be the only way Hob could've found out everything he knows. I think in the future we may see Hob, Slash and Alopex (and possibly other mutants) form a kind of mutant/animal-rights team.
ProphetofGanja is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2013, 02:37 AM   #122
Joey Kamikaze
Stone Warrior

I'd say the Kitsune issue chronologically fits at the beginning of City Fall, but thematically fits where they've published it.

And I'm hoping for anti-hero pseudo-Mutanimals too.
Joey Kamikaze is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2013, 07:12 AM   #123
ToTheNines
[sic]

So after reading #26 and seeing that the last scene of #25 leads directly into it (the Foot brass on the rooftop with binoculars), that means "Hun" has to take place in between the "No more!" page and the last couple pages of #25.

Doesn't mess up the previous reading order, but worth noting.
ToTheNines is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2013, 11:31 AM   #124
Bobby Curnow
Official TMNT Staff/Cast

How do you suppose that? Scoping out the Savate HQ has nothing to do with Hun. Hun micro takes place between #25 and #27, so roughly the same time as #26, over a month's time.
Bobby Curnow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2013, 11:35 AM   #125
ToTheNines
[sic]

#25 ends with them loading into a helicopter talking about attacking the Savate, and #26 opens with them jumping out of helicopters and attacking the Savate.

While it's possible that they flew away and came back a month later, I think it's more plausible to just say that there is a month time skip within the pages of #25.
Old 09-26-2013, 01:34 PM   #126
Bobby Curnow
Official TMNT Staff/Cast

Yeah, but Hun micro shows him beating up some Savate totally seperately. They're looking in Savate HQ in #25, from a roof across the way, then we see the helicopters flying in from farther away in #26. #25 was recon, #26 the attack. But again, all that stuff doesn't really have much to do with the Hun micro.
Old 09-26-2013, 02:45 PM   #127
ToTheNines
[sic]

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bobby Curnow View Post
How do you suppose that? Scoping out the Savate HQ has nothing to do with Hun. Hun micro takes place between #25 and #27, so roughly the same time as #26, over a month's time.
Quote:
Yeah, but Hun micro shows him beating up some Savate totally seperately. They're looking in Savate HQ in #25, from a roof across the way, then we see the helicopters flying in from farther away in #26. #25 was recon, #26 the attack. But again, all that stuff doesn't really have much to do with the Hun micro.
Ok. I just re-read #25, and it definitely is not the same night as #26. I also see what you mean with it taking place between #25 and #27. Everything in flashbacks through the confrontation with Angel is before #26, and the rest of the issue is after.

All makes sense now. Thanks!
Old 12-14-2013, 12:49 PM   #128
RaphaelsIsolation
Hench Mutant

Just wanted to give a massive thank you to all involved in getting this together.

It is 100% accurate from what I can, and I read my comics by this timeline.

Thank you very much. It is appreciated big time!
RaphaelsIsolation is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2013, 08:32 AM   #129
DrSpengler
Foot Elite

So the way I've got the upcoming issues slated in the timeline at my site is like so:

UTROM EMPIRE

TMNT: Utrom Empire #1 (review)
TMNT: Utrom Empire #2 (review)
TMNT: Utrom Empire #3 (review)

NORTHAMPTON

TMNT #29 (review)
TMNT #30 (review)
X-Files: Conspiracy - TMNT #1 (review)
TMNT #31 (review)
TMNT #32 (review)

Bobby just mentioned where X-Files: Conspiracy takes place, though I'm guessing on Utrom Empire (it doesn't feature the TMNT, right? Just Baxter, Krang and the Fugitoid, etc?).
DrSpengler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2013, 04:19 PM   #130
ToTheNines
[sic]

Quote:
Originally Posted by DrSpengler View Post
Bobby just mentioned where X-Files: Conspiracy takes place, though I'm guessing on Utrom Empire (it doesn't feature the TMNT, right? Just Baxter, Krang and the Fugitoid, etc?).
I think the turtles are featured some. Donnie is on the cover of #1. My personal guess is after "Northampton", but I'll ask BC next month.
Old 01-29-2014, 11:24 AM   #131
***First of Two Latin Kings***
Will not be censored

I think Utrom Empire takes place during City Fall, Donatello is reading the journal about it during the Northampton arc. I am still confused about where Tricerations fall in relation to Rock Soldiers, however.
I can hear it now: "I'm sorry little April, I told you that if you didn't take good care of them I'd be taking them away. Now they are going to the lab to be abused for experimentation" (You could almost rewrite this as April caused the fire to get back at her father over it...)
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheCanadiandrome View Post
Powder I'd not defend him, that's just how he gets

International shipping assistance: DARTHCJJ@GMAIL.COM
***First of Two Latin Kings*** is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2014, 12:41 PM   #132
DrSpengler
Foot Elite

Quote:
Originally Posted by ***Doo Doo Acureds*** View Post
I think Utrom Empire takes place during City Fall, Donatello is reading the journal about it during the Northampton arc. I am still confused about where Tricerations fall in relation to Rock Soldiers, however.
According to Curnow on the IDW Forums:

Quote:
Utrom Empire takes place during Northampton. You'll see some of the Turtles at the farm in the pages of Utrom Empire. (Technically Utrom Empire #1 takes place within the pages of TMNT #29... the notebook Don is reading at night at the end of #29 comes from the pages of Utrom Empire.)
So far as reading order goes, between "City Fall" and "Northampton" seems like the best place to slot it rather than stagger the issues out between chapters of the ongoing.
Old 01-29-2014, 06:47 PM   #133
ToTheNines
[sic]

Quote:
Originally Posted by DrSpengler View Post
So far as reading order goes, between "City Fall" and "Northampton" seems like the best place to slot it rather than stagger the issues out between chapters of the ongoing.
I have Utrom Empire (at least #1) taking place in between #29 and #30. That scene in UE with Don and Mike in NH has to be post #29.

EDIT: It has to be within the pages of 29, since the last scene shows Don reading Honeycutt's notes.

Last edited by ToTheNines; 02-11-2014 at 08:10 AM.
Old 02-13-2014, 03:51 PM   #134
Joey Kamikaze
Stone Warrior

So far I wouldn't mind putting Utrom Empire between #29 and #30. According to Mikey's letter, there's a week break between the two issues. From a storytelling perspective that feels like a more natural place to scene wipe to the villains for a bit before returning to the heroes with a week passed rather than going heroes fleeing NY > cut to villains > immediate fallout from City Fall for the heroes > Week break > Next issue for the heroes. And if you look at the earlier arcs, there's plenty of precedence for side stories like the micros and Infestation filling in time periods during the looser story arcs.

If there's a break in time between #30 and #31 (which the placement of Conspiracy suggests), that might be a good spot for Utrom Empire too. Maybe there's a few days between Koya finding the family and the arrival of Foot backup. It'll be hard to say for sure until #33 comes out and we know 1) how much downtime there is during the Northhampton arc and 2) how much time there is between Northhampton and the next arc. For all we know at this point #32 could a cliffhanger leading directly to #33.

Last edited by Joey Kamikaze; 02-13-2014 at 04:05 PM.
Old 02-13-2014, 04:17 PM   #135
DrSpengler
Foot Elite

Yeah, since that's definitely the case, I'll probably stagger the issues out where they belong amongst the Northampton arc in my timeline.
Old 02-25-2014, 11:26 AM   #136
Bobby Curnow
Official TMNT Staff/Cast

hey guys,
For my own benefit, I was looking on the last year of continuity. I think Villain Micro #4: Alopex, fits best after #24. So the following read order:

TMNT #24
Alopex
Karai
TMNT#25

My thinking is that Alopex is pretty readily participating in the actions of #22, and #23/24 happen shortly after that. There is a period of time between #24 and #25, where the events of the Alopex micro could plausibly take place (traveling to Alaska), and in #25, we see her start to question the Foot with Karai, something that would make sense to happen shortly after the events of her Micro.

Anyone see any reason that I might be missing that contradicts that placement?
Old 02-25-2014, 11:47 AM   #137
DrSpengler
Foot Elite

Quote:
hey guys,
For my own benefit, I was looking on the last year of continuity. I think Villain Micro #4: Alopex, fits best after #24. So the following read order:

TMNT #24
Alopex
Karai
TMNT#25

My thinking is that Alopex is pretty readily participating in the actions of #22, and #23/24 happen shortly after that. There is a period of time between #24 and #25, where the events of the Alopex micro could plausibly take place (traveling to Alaska), and in #25, we see her start to question the Foot with Karai, something that would make sense to happen shortly after the events of her Micro.

Anyone see any reason that I might be missing that contradicts that placement?
It does seem to flow better thematically since, as you said, Alopex doesn't start questioning the Foot in the ongoing series until #25, so when reading chronologically the narrative feels tighter.

The trip to Alaska is a bit of a side story/diversion from the gang wars, but with Shredder already delegating so much of that work to his various underlings, I don't think it's too out of the question for him to find the time to make a day-trip. And with the whole point of that trip being to test Alopex's resolve as a potential Chunin, it does tie into what he was up to during the events of City Fall.

And aside from all that, it solves the counterintuitive problem of placing Villain Micro #4 *before* Villains Micro #3.

So hey, sounds good. Updated the timeline at TMNT Entity accordingly (as well as updating the placement of Utrom Empire re; Northampton).
Old 02-25-2014, 08:10 PM   #138
ToTheNines
[sic]

Cool, I'll switch it for now and look into it. I'm currently reading through the whole series and I'm on Secret History of the Foot Clan.
Old 02-26-2014, 01:42 AM   #139
Joey Kamikaze
Stone Warrior

Quote:
Originally Posted by ToTheNines View Post
Cool, I'll switch it for now and look into it. I'm currently reading through the whole series and I'm on Secret History of the Foot Clan.
Ha, same. Just finished Krang War/the Krang Micro last night, on to Baxter and then SHotFC probably tomorrow. This series really holds up great on re-reads.

One thing I just noticed from reading the Conspiracy issue and then the #31 preview... Don has internet in Conspiracy. Terrible internet, but internet. In #31 he complains about having no internet. And I'm guessing #31 leads into #32. So...

(Not a huge thing, but it jumped out at me.)

Also, great, now I have to rebag my City Fall issues so Alopex is in the right spot. :p But I do like having the Villains micros in numerical order.
Old 02-26-2014, 12:38 PM   #140
ToTheNines
[sic]

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joey Kamikaze View Post
One thing I just noticed from reading the Conspiracy issue and then the #31 preview... Don has internet in Conspiracy. Terrible internet, but internet. In #31 he complains about having no internet. And I'm guessing #31 leads into #32. So...
In Conspiracy he says that April was online, not himself. And he repeats as much in #31. Although... Conspiracy doesn't really jive with Leo's story arc at all. Its status of being canon or not is iffy.

Quote:
Also, great, now I have to rebag my City Fall issues so Alopex is in the right spot. :p But I do like having the Villains micros in numerical order.
You do two books per bag too? It actually works out better, since Old Hob share a bag with #23 and they take place concurrently. I can be OCD sometimes lol.

Tags
timeline