The Technodrome Forums

Go Back   The Technodrome Forums > General Forums > General Discussion > Everything Else

Notices

Old 11-15-2017, 11:31 AM   #281
newfan
Mad Scientist

Quote:
Well, 33+ still sounds a bit "old" to me tbh. But I might change my mind once I get close to it.
First off, happy birthday Prowler. It probably does seem old to people in their 20's but you likely won't feel that when you get there, and you won't see it that way when you look back at 30

Cubed, you kind of remind me of myself with your age problem (but maybe more of a degree for you), 30 is't even middle aged, now go out and enjoy yourself.
newfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2017, 11:35 AM   #282
Andrew NDB
Weed Whacker

Quote:
Originally Posted by newfan View Post
Cubed, you kind of remind me of myself with your age problem (but maybe more of a degree for you), 30 is't even middle aged
Isn't it almost, though? The average male life expectancy is only about 70. At 35, you're already one foot in the grave.
Andrew NDB is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2017, 11:38 AM   #283
sdp
-

30 seemed so far away when this thread was started, f-ck
sdp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2017, 11:38 AM   #284
CyberCubed
Overlord

And besides that, nobody expects to do amazing things in their lives from 55-70+ either.

Most of the big events in your life generally take place from around 20-45 or so. If you don't have all the important stuff happening between those decades I don't think it gets any different from 50 onward.
CyberCubed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2017, 11:40 AM   #285
newfan
Mad Scientist

Quote:
Originally Posted by Andrew NDB View Post
Isn't it almost, though? The average male life expectancy is only about 70. At 35, you're already one foot in the grave.
I had this discussion when called middle aged at 33, I was not happy. Anyway, after a search of life expectantly I think half the age was about 37, higher if I did it just on my country but worldwide it was lower due to the poorer countries. (figures could have changed since then)
I did start seeing myself as that not long after though.
Quote:
And besides that, nobody expects to do amazing things in their lives from 55-70+ either.
Some people never do amazing things and some people do enjoy and do things in life at 50+ you know. Imagine you have good health and live until you are 90, would you spend from 50 to 90 being written off?

Last edited by newfan; 11-15-2017 at 11:49 AM.
Old 11-15-2017, 11:44 AM   #286
CyberCubed
Overlord

Quote:
Originally Posted by sdp View Post
I remember when we all came online when we were young teenagers, then when we were in our early 20's. I never had any idea the next decade would go by so fast.

That's why I say 2003-2007 or so are my fondest memories on the internet, it's because that's when I was a teen entering my early 20's and you generally make the most memories going online for the first time. I miss the early 2000's, I really do.
Old 11-15-2017, 11:45 AM   #287
sdp
-

The fandom you belong to can make you feel older, for example in gaming most of the members are younger so you feel older while here you know the majority is going to be older so at least I feel a bit younger ;p
sdp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2017, 11:47 AM   #288
CyberCubed
Overlord

I remember registering to IGN when I was only 13. Back then I was one of the youngest members of the board, everyone else was like 16-17 or in their 20's already. I felt like a kid among adults.

Nowadays I'm one of the oldest ones and I see someone saying, "I'm graduating High School this year" and it makes me feel so old.
Old 11-15-2017, 11:51 AM   #289
newfan
Mad Scientist

Yeah there's that, this fandom will obviously have more of an age range...... now I just need to find an even older franchise.....
Old 11-15-2017, 12:03 PM   #290
Prowler
Emperor

Quote:
Originally Posted by newfan View Post
First off, happy birthday Prowler. It probably does seem old to people in their 20's but you likely won't feel that when you get there, and you won't see it that way when you look back at 30

Cubed, you kind of remind me of myself with your age problem (but maybe more of a degree for you), 30 is't even middle aged, now go out and enjoy yourself.
Well, when I was 15, I considered people aged 24 and above "old" as well. I'm sure teenagers of today also would consider someone like me "old".

Quote:
Originally Posted by Andrew NDB View Post
Maybe around 38-39.

Quote:
Yeah lol

Quote:
Originally Posted by CyberCubed View Post

Most of the big events in your life generally take place from around 20-45 or so. If you don't have all the important stuff happening between those decades I don't think it gets any different from 50 onward.
Well depends on the person. And depends what do you mean by big events/amazing things. Like what, marriage and kids?

Quote:
I remember when we all came online when we were young teenagers, then when we were in our early 20's. I never had any idea the next decade would go by so fast.

That's why I say 2003-2007 or so are my fondest memories on the internet, it's because that's when I was a teen entering my early 20's and you generally make the most memories going online for the first time. I miss the early 2000's, I really do.
I started to discover online forums and fandoms around 2001-2003 when I was 10-13 years old. Facebook, Wikipedia and YouTube weren't even around back then still. When I joined the Drome I was only 18, damn.

Quote:
The fandom you belong to can make you feel older, for example in gaming most of the members are younger so you feel older while here you know the majority is going to be older so at least I feel a bit younger ;p
That's one thing I like about the 'Drome. I actually feel young here . But anime and gaming communities? Holy hell, I'm usually one of the oldest ones. And the other "older" users are like 21 years old.

Quote:
I remember registering to IGN when I was only 13. Back then I was one of the youngest members of the board, everyone else was like 16-17 or in their 20's already. I felt like a kid among adults.

Nowadays I'm one of the oldest ones and I see someone saying, "I'm graduating High School this year" and it makes me feel so old.
I was 14 when I registered on IGN way back in the day. Used to talk a lot about wrestling there
Prowler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2017, 01:52 PM   #291
CyberCubed
Overlord

When most of the now famous singers/actors are younger than you, then you know you've gotten old. When I was younger all the big movie stars, hot new music people, etc. were of course all older than me.

Now it's gotten to the point where I've gotten older than the new ones. Meanwhile all the previous movie stars/actors/singers are now all in their 40's-50's and 60's. They're all ancient.

Gal Gadot is the same age as me. Jesus Christ.
Old 11-16-2017, 01:56 PM   #292
newfan
Mad Scientist

Quote:
When most of the now famous singers/actors are younger than you, then you know you've gotten old. When I was younger all the big movie stars, hot new music people, etc. were of course all older than me.

Now it's gotten to the point where I've gotten older than the new ones. Meanwhile all the previous movie stars/actors/singers are now all in their 40's-50's and 60's. They're all ancient.

Gal Gadot is the same age as me. Jesus Christ.
Yes we notice when the stars of our childhood are becoming older or even passing away.
Oh aren't we joyful

Ancient at 40?

At least so many in the population are still older than you, if you live to an older age, very few in the world will be.

Last edited by newfan; 11-16-2017 at 02:18 PM.
Old 11-16-2017, 02:09 PM   #293
Prowler
Emperor

Looking at girls aged 18-22 is starting to feel a bit creepy. Yes, I know they're legal adults, but they look considerably younger and more immature than me. Makes you feel a bit dirty when you look at a 19 year old university student and think "damn, she's hot", know what I mean?
Old 11-16-2017, 02:50 PM   #294
Candy Kappa
The Agenda of Existing

There's not much to cope, I feel very much the same as I did 5-10 years ago
Candy Kappa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2017, 02:51 PM   #295
CyberCubed
Overlord

Yeah, 18-22 year olds still look like kids. At least to me. They're like barely older teens and that's it.
Old 11-16-2017, 03:09 PM   #296
Prowler
Emperor

Quote:
Yeah, 18-22 year olds still look like kids. At least to me. They're like barely older teens and that's it.
Especially girls. They seem to age faster. Although guys can visibly age if they grow more facial hair and start balding.

I already had receding hair when I was 21 and fortunately it hasn't receded any more since then yet.
Old 11-22-2017, 03:57 PM   #297
Refractive Reflections
Mad Scientist

Quote:
LOL, we're literally at the end of the 2010's decade already. I feel like 2010 was just yesterday.
Here's a song from 2010 to compliment your feelings of old age...and to fit with the theme of this thread:
Refractive Reflections is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2017, 06:36 PM   #298
CyberCubed
Overlord

I still remember events from 2001-2005 like they're happening just now.
Old 11-22-2017, 07:11 PM   #299
MsMarvelDuckie
I Married a Duck!

Location: The bowels of Hell, Texas(otherwise known as Decatur)
Drome BINGO!! Just got another square on my card covered. Cubed reminisces/gripes about time/growing older.

"Where Science ends, magic begins." -Spiral, Uncanny X-Men #491

My various stories and fan-fics are now here-

https://m.fanfiction.net/u/4770494/#end
MsMarvelDuckie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2017, 11:18 PM   #300
newfan
Mad Scientist

Quote:
Originally Posted by MsMarvelDuckie View Post
Drome BINGO!! Just got another square on my card covered. Cubed reminisces/gripes about time/growing older.
I tend to have a problem with that too, not healthy really as there isn't anything you can do about it.

Tags
cybercubed the timemaster, cybercubed thinks deep, cybercucked, same old song and dance, sjw is the new 30