The Technodrome Forums

Go Back   The Technodrome Forums > TMNT Universes > Nick TMNT Cartoon Discussion

Notices

View Poll Results: Owari
Splinter's dead but it's still not the end of him. 16 27.12%
The Turtles are going through their teenage goth phase. 6 10.17%
Fishface being dirty when he said "I'll give you bass to mouth". 14 23.73%
So is Baxter going to become a cyborg next season. 4 6.78%
So who's ready for season 5. 19 32.20%
Voters: 59. You may not vote on this poll

Old 02-26-2017, 12:52 PM   #101
ToTheNines
[sic]

Anybody have screen shots of Leo appearing on the cliff with the helmet in hand? Then moments later, the shot from behind where he's holding it up?

Would be appreciated.
ToTheNines is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2017, 12:52 PM   #102
JH24
Hench Mutant

That was amazing. Seeing this in English made so much of an impact.

The scene with Karai and the turtles in the hospital was so well done. Such a contrast with how she was back in season 2 when she tried to kill Leo and April. It truly feels like she's part of the family now.

Loved the scene and music when they were all preparing for the battle against Shredder. Casey's new mask is awesome.

The scene with Baxter was odd, yet does make sense as he had only known failure in his life and now had found something he was actually good at. I did hope for a bit of character development from his side though by thanking Mikey, but that's just not him. The billboard with "Stockman Industries" was nice and it seems he was able to move on.

The scene against Shredder was amazing. The music was awesome, it really felt like a final showdown.

My favorite part? Leo's words to Shredder...I wasn't expecting that.

"He was your brother, Saki! Your best friend! How could you do that!?"

"You're a monster, a demon! Is that your destiny?" "No, I...I..."

Such a powerful moment. Leo's words... Leo calling him Saki. This exchange was all I could wish for... and even more.

The ending scene was beautifully done, with them all sitting on the roof. They are all family now, and whatever the future will bring, they will face it together.

Last edited by JH24; 02-26-2017 at 01:01 PM.
JH24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2017, 01:03 PM   #103
matteso586
Stone Warrior

The funeral would be better if Muckman attended too. And good to know that Pigeon Pete is still alive. Makes me question how Dr. Cluckingsworth was able to take care of herself.

Casey's new mask looked really cool.

The fight with Fishface gave me some deja vu to Vision Quest.

Now we know why we haven't seen Stockman continue his work on demutating himself since Return to New York.

Am I the only one who caught the reference to the Mirage comics and 2003 series when Leo and Super Shredder clashed?
matteso586 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2017, 01:11 PM   #104
oldmanwinters
Overlord

Quote:
Originally Posted by cryan View Post
I can see Splinter being similar to Obi-wan. I do wish there was a scene where April told about her first meeting Splinter they never showed that at the beginning.
Maybe he'll be like Jaga in Thundercats, where only Lion-O (or in this case) Leonardo could see him?

Experience the TMNT Fan Commentaries!
Check out my TMNT fan comic, "Nothing to Fear"!
View my sketch work!
I'm selling some of my hard-to-find TMNT items!
oldmanwinters is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2017, 01:11 PM   #105
ToTheNines
[sic]

Quote:
Originally Posted by JH24 View Post
The billboard with "Stockman Industries" was nice and it seems he was able to move on.
That's been a recurring prop from day 1, and through each subsequent season.
Old 02-26-2017, 01:14 PM   #106
Utrommaniac
Resident overthinker

I'm still processing it.

I'd almost say Xever's death was the most brutal of this series, and there have been some brutal deaths. Not entirely sure if Bebop and Rocksteady are alive, and I think I missed Razahr somehow???

Nice to know the tradition of Leo decapitating Shredder is carried on, though. And the head staying off.

It's the framing of the Stockman Industries Billboard that seems to suggest that he'll be a bigger threat. If he'll be a cyborg, the best I can imagine is that he'll be giving himself wings this time, to make up for what he lost as a fly. And they actually did what I wished they'd done in the OT too! I was so mad that they had retromutagen on them and they didn't just throw it at him, they just shoved him back between dimensions! So it's nice that they remedied that.
Old 02-26-2017, 01:20 PM   #107
Redworld96
Stone Warrior

Quote:
Originally Posted by ToTheNines View Post
Anybody have screen shots of Leo appearing on the cliff with the helmet in hand? Then moments later, the shot from behind where he's holding it up?

Would be appreciated.
These?

Spoiler:

Redworld96 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2017, 01:23 PM   #108
ToTheNines
[sic]

Yessss. Thanks Reddy!
Old 02-26-2017, 01:32 PM   #109
MikeandRaph87
Jedi Master

Wait...Xever is dead? I thought the only status change was the demutation of Baxter Stockman. The other five as they always have been just without Shredder to lead them.
Old 02-26-2017, 01:34 PM   #110
Vicky82
Emperor

Quote:
Originally Posted by MikeandRaph87 View Post
Wait...Xever is dead? I thought the only status change was the demutation of Baxter Stockman. The other five as they always have been just without Shredder to lead them.
No Xever isn't dead

https://www.instagram.com/p/9TwhL5nIMS/

Vicky82 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2017, 01:37 PM   #111
Ashwolf
Stone Warrior

definitely my favorite episode of the show so far, loved the fights and laughed when the lasers were turned on bepop and rocksteady

sooo cant wait for season 5, i love mystical content

Quote:
Originally Posted by JH24 View Post
That was amazing. Seeing this in English made so much of an impact.

The scene with Karai and the turtles in the hospital was so well done. Such a contrast with how she was back in season 2 when she tried to kill Leo and April. It truly feels like she's part of the family now.

Loved the scene and music when they were all preparing for the battle against Shredder. Casey's new mask is awesome.

The scene with Baxter was odd, yet does make sense as he had only known failure in his life and now had found something he was actually good at. I did hope for a bit of character development from his side though by thanking Mikey, but that's just not him. The billboard with "Stockman Industries" was nice and it seems he was able to move on.

The scene against Shredder was amazing. The music was awesome, it really felt like a final showdown.

My favorite part? Leo's words to Shredder...I wasn't expecting that.

"He was your brother, Saki! Your best friend! How could you do that!?"

"You're a monster, a demon! Is that your destiny?" "No, I...I..."

Such a powerful moment. Leo's words... Leo calling him Saki. This exchange was all I could wish for... and even more.

The ending scene was beautifully done, with them all sitting on the roof. They are all family now, and whatever the future will bring, they will face it together.
already said this in the tokka vs the world thread but the billboard sign is in that episode as well, when tokka is landing
Old 02-26-2017, 02:30 PM   #112
MrTMNT2012
Mad Scientist

Can we appreciate the best moment in the entire series?

Shredder tackling Raphael into the brick wall only to have Raph reverse that sh!t as they burst through the wall?!

10/10 GOAT TMNT SERIES EVER

Fav Quote - 87 Leo: "TURTLES FIGHT WITH HONOUR!"
Fav Series - 2012 Nickelodeon
Fav Game - Out of the Shadows
Fav Comic - IDW Series
Fav Movie - Liebesman's TMNT (2014)
MrTMNT2012 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2017, 02:39 PM   #113
xenopokemon
Foot Soldier

Good episode, nice to wrap things up after a long and tiring season 4. Glad they put Casey and April aside for the final fight. Shredder vs the Turtles was pretty fun to watch. I would have preferred if Xever died there on the shore but as Vicky pointed out, we will see him again. Rahzar tho, nah he gone. Leatherhead probably ate him bits underwater as he drowned . Morbid jokes aside, here's to season 5 *raises glass* and hopefully the reappearance of Newtralizer and a cyborg Stockman.

"Destruction Of The Kraang!"
xenopokemon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2017, 02:49 PM   #114
Powder
So tired of this place

Quote:
Originally Posted by xenopokemon View Post
Rahzar tho, nah he gone.
He & Fishface are both at Tigerclaw's side in the season 5 preview Nick posted today.

I'm convinced that none of you have ever experienced joy
Powder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2017, 03:03 PM   #115
Ninjinister
無問題

Quote:
Originally Posted by Powder View Post
He & Fishface are both at Tigerclaw's side in the season 5 preview Nick posted today.
I watched that five times and I couldn't catch any glimpse of Fishface. Rahzar was definitely there next to Shredder's corpse, though.
Old 02-26-2017, 03:19 PM   #116
GoldMutant
Control Your Narrative

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ninjinister View Post
I watched that five times and I couldn't catch any glimpse of Fishface. Rahzar was definitely there next to Shredder's corpse, though.
If you can't see him, there was a leaked Instagram clip for a season 5 episode with Raphael and Fishface. (I think Tiger Claw too) Vicky82 would have the clip.
Old 02-26-2017, 03:22 PM   #117
CyberCubed
Overlord

We'll probably see all of Shredder's henchmen wrapped up in Season 5. I wonder if they'll all be demutated and thrown in jail.
CyberCubed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2017, 03:37 PM   #118
Coola Yagami
Overlord

One thing I thought was, had this been the real final episode, they would have the turtles spraying all the henchmen as they made their way to Shredder. It woulda been cool to see a de-mutated Tiger Claw.

Check out my blog for Comic Reviews and other things. https://markepicblogofrandomness.blogspot.com/
I also started The AEW Crew, the All Elite Wrestling Fan Club! https://www.facebook.com/groups/637508120044168/
Coola Yagami is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2017, 03:45 PM   #119
xenopokemon
Foot Soldier

Quote:
Originally Posted by Powder View Post
Ah, didn't see that until now. I wish the characters could die and stay dead.

"Destruction Of The Kraang!"
xenopokemon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2017, 03:57 PM   #120
ToTheNines
[sic]

Quote:
Originally Posted by xenopokemon View Post
Ah, didn't see that until now. I wish the characters could die and stay dead.
Me too. My headcanon is that everyone but TigerClaw died. I'm going to enjoy season 5, but it's just "extra" at this point. Nick Turtles ended with Owari, for me.