The Technodrome Forums

Go Back   The Technodrome Forums > General Forums > General Discussion > TV and Movies

Notices

Old 07-02-2018, 09:24 PM   #3881
Allio
Foot Elite

it's funny about what they say about the voice over in the Next Mutation crossover when it wasn't even the voices from the show.
Old 07-03-2018, 01:00 AM   #3882
Storm Eagle
Saved by

Quote:
Originally Posted by ranger_scout View Post
Here are the best and worst crossover episodes. There is one that I am sure a lot of users on this forum will recognize or maybe want to forget.

About "Shell Shocked". It says that crossing over with what's considered the worst Ninja Turtles series may not have been the smartest move, but despite how it's generally reviled, The Next Mutation actually did well.

I noticed it didn't mention "Rangers of Two Worlds". I watched that today as part as a marathon of Billy-focused Zeo episodes, or at least what could pass as Billly-focused Zeo episodes. I'm still upset about how Billy was written out.
Storm Eagle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2018, 07:54 AM   #3883
MikeandRaph87
Jedi Master

It surprised me to learn how well Power Rangers fans received In Space and yet Next Mutation did better than it and Next Mutation is viewed poorly by Ninja Turtles fans. You all know how I hated the crossover, but would it have been better if the original Mighty Morphin teamed up with the four Ninja Turtles of any other incarnation? Also, a more neutral encounter without one group mind controlled?
Old 07-03-2018, 09:33 AM   #3884
sdp
Megan Fox = April

I don't like the idea of the TMNT living in the Power Rangers world and yes that is a terrible episode all around for both franchises but I only disagree with the video in that at the end just seeing my two childhood heroes fighting (each other & together) was enough for me to like it, at least the fight scenes were good. More thoughts on the Power Rangers in Space crossover are in this Ninja Turtles Next Mutation episode review I made.

I mostly agree with the list though I did like Once a Ranger, I totally forgot Zedd/Rita had a son. I know he was hated in the fandom but I liked him well enough. The Legendary battle was indeed a huge mess. The list also makes me miss crossovers, which for me it was always a big appeal to following the series even the ones I disliked and without them a part of that magic and need to watch is gone. Hope Hasbro makes yearly crossovers again, I'm guessing the chances are small but hey, it's possible. 5 years for a crossover is not fun.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MikeandRaph87 View Post
It surprised me to learn how well Power Rangers fans received In Space and yet Next Mutation did better than it and Next Mutation is viewed poorly by Ninja Turtles fans. You all know how I hated the crossover, but would it have been better if the original Mighty Morphin teamed up with the four Ninja Turtles of any other incarnation? Also, a more neutral encounter without one group mind controlled?
I don't understand this, are you saying TNM did better in ratings than In Space? Didn't now that if true. In Space is good but it's nowhere deserving the praise that it gets but I understand why it's loved. It was the end of an era, those who watched MMPR all the way to in space so it as a closure to the saga they had been watching, the show was actually good with good chemistry and interesting takes as well so mix those and it's treated like it's much better than it actually is, and it isn't a bad season, it just isn't amazing to me.

TNM I also understand why it's hated, it came out after all the original TMNT fans were teenagers or close to it so they saw it as "uncool" since it skewed younger. Others felt it as a Power Rangers rip off and TMNT fans were usually not fans of power rangers. I on the other hand was the perfect age, old enough to remember TMNT but young enough to like the redesigns.
sdp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2018, 11:22 AM   #3885
MikeandRaph87
Jedi Master

https://www.neogaf.com/threads/i-alw....441254/page-2

I know I read it somewhere other than th link, but Saban needed to cancel its higher rated show due to licensing it opposed to owning it and it cleared funds to continue Power Rangers beyond In Space which while higher than Turbo were lower than Next Mutation. What Fox did clearing all of the shows it licensed to where it all others it airs it owns sans Gotham and Lethal Weapon is a similar move. Its about how much money you can get from a product not necessarily ratings. Gotham has a lucrative Netflix deal so it was franted a season to hit 100 episodes.

I was in 5th grade at the time of the Turbo to In Space and Next Mutation. Age did keep me from hating Next Mutation like I do now, but I hated Venus from the get go. I stayed with Ninja Turtles but not Power Rangers. Its more of TMNT having a consistent character set and wider plot variety than Power Rangers.
Old 07-03-2018, 12:48 PM   #3886
sdp
Megan Fox = April

Quote:
Originally Posted by MikeandRaph87 View Post
https://www.neogaf.com/threads/i-alw....441254/page-2

I know I read it somewhere other than th link, but Saban needed to cancel its higher rated show due to licensing it opposed to owning it and it cleared funds to continue Power Rangers beyond In Space which while higher than Turbo were lower than Next Mutation. What Fox did clearing all of the shows it licensed to where it all others it airs it owns sans Gotham and Lethal Weapon is a similar move. Its about how much money you can get from a product not necessarily ratings. Gotham has a lucrative Netflix deal so it was franted a season to hit 100 episodes.

I was in 5th grade at the time of the Turbo to In Space and Next Mutation. Age did keep me from hating Next Mutation like I do now, but I hated Venus from the get go. I stayed with Ninja Turtles but not Power Rangers. Its more of TMNT having a consistent character set and wider plot variety than Power Rangers.
That neogaf link is just some random guy, now I used to spend a lot of time in the power rangers fandom and apparently the ratings were good but I never heard better than In Space, I also never read it did better than In Space.

I wrote about Ninja Turtles Next Mutation Season 2 based off all the information I could find about it and basically most info is only alleged, there's hardly any conformable sources of information.
Old 07-07-2018, 10:30 AM   #3887
ranger_scout
Foot Elite

There's going to be auction selling off costumes and props from last year's reboot. So, I think it's safe to say that Hasbro will be doing a reboot rather than a sequel in the future.

http://comicbook.com/powerrangers/20...-sequel-hopes/

This really shouldn't come as a surprise, especially how I read the other day that the film made Lionsgate lose over $74 million.

https://web.archive.org/web/20171030.../movie/budgets
ranger_scout is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2018, 09:50 PM   #3888
psychturtle
Mad Scientist

I’m in the camp of liking the last movie. But I fully expect a complete reboot from Hasbro. Ready for the new toys and merch tbh.
psychturtle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2018, 10:21 PM   #3889
Allio
Foot Elite

finally got to reading "From here to despair." So I decided to finally update the Boom Power Rangers best reading order.

Spoiler:
  • GoGo #1-4
  • Annual'16: Only the Strong
  • GoGo #5-12
  • GoGo Power Rangers Back to School
  • MMPR #10^
  • Annual'17: Trini’s vacation^
  • Annual'16: A Spot of Trouble^
  • mmpr#5^

*End of GoGo
  • MMPR #1-4
  • MMPR #6-9
  • MMPR #11-15
  • Annual'17: Search Party
  • Year One: From Hope to Despair
  • MMPR #16
  • Annual'17: Forever Mighty Morphin Black
  • MMPR 17 and 18
  • Annual'17: Perfect
  • MMPR #19-26
  • Free Comic Book Day 2018
  • Annual 2018
  • MMPR#27-30
  • Shattered Grid #1
  • MMPR#31-present

^ are estimates
Old 07-19-2018, 11:20 AM   #3890
ZariusTwo
Overlord

We have another anniversary reunion special coming in the fall, a Street Fighter vs PR short, here's the teaser:

Last edited by ZariusTwo; 07-19-2018 at 11:30 AM.
ZariusTwo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2018, 01:06 PM   #3891
sdp
Megan Fox = April

I don't care for a Street Fighter/Power Rangers crossover, it makes no sense in the game and a shame all this money is being wasted on that instead of a Lord Drakkon short film that could also advertise the game but I guess the Street Fighter name will attract more people.

It's awesome to see Tommy as the Black Ranger though! I couldn't tell who the blonde girl was but based on the morph I'm guessing it's the original actress of the Pink Time Force Ranger.

If someone can answer these questions it'd be great:
I'm guessing this fanfilm has the Saban/Hasbro approval the other bat in the sun shorts did? Who's paying for this? Lionsgate Games? So even without the movie they still have a stake on the games license? Is Legacy Wars actually doing super well in sales? It sure seems like it with all the marketing it gets.
Old 07-19-2018, 01:22 PM   #3892
Ninjinister
無問題

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZariusTwo View Post
We have another anniversary reunion special coming in the fall, a Street Fighter vs PR short, here's the teaser:

Not only that, but Ryu is a Power Ranger in the game starting today
https://www.inverse.com/article/4710...er-legacy-wars
Old 07-19-2018, 01:31 PM   #3893
ZariusTwo
Overlord

Quote:
Originally Posted by sdp View Post
couldn't tell who the blonde girl was but based on the morph I'm guessing it's the original actress of the Pink Time Force Ranger.
It's Gia from Megaforce.
ZariusTwo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2018, 09:02 AM   #3894
Storm Eagle
Saved by

Someone from Rangerboard shared some images of the upcoming Power Rangers Ultimate Visual History book that have surfaced.

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/DilDqOhXUAEqWrB.jpg
https://pbs.twimg.com/media/DilDqNzX0AA8V4B.jpg
https://pbs.twimg.com/media/DilDqN1WkAAuLy3.jpg
https://pbs.twimg.com/media/DilDqOhWsAAWzxm.jpg
Storm Eagle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2018, 03:55 PM   #3895
The Deadman
Foot Elite

Last Movie Watched: Hell House LLC (2015).
Last TV Show Watched: Adventures of Sonic The Hedgehog (S1:E29).
The Deadman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2018, 04:02 PM   #3896
neatoman
Emperor

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Deadman View Post
Jesus Christ, is that clickbait channel still active? Have they done "Top ten best ways to treat indigestion" yet?
Hahahaha!
neatoman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2018, 05:40 PM   #3897
Allio
Foot Elite

Well, number one was disappointingly predictable.
Old 07-27-2018, 10:54 AM   #3899
MikeandRaph87
Jedi Master

I watched the typical x facts you did not know video to see if there was something to pick up. One image caught my attention. At 2:29 its Japanese footage. However, why is there red marks on the neck line and belt of the Green and Red Rangers?
Old 07-27-2018, 11:23 AM   #3900
Allio
Foot Elite

in the show "Hikonin Sentai Akibaranger," which is the official unofficial parody of Super Sentai (meaning it's made by Toei and the Sentai team but it isn't apart of the line up), There is an episode in season 2 where reality gets rewritten so that Super Sentai is an adaptation of the american show called "Powerful Rangers."

basically just watch this video and you get a gist

It's just a series about Otakus and Blue is the straight man

even takes a jab at 90's comic book era

It's honestly one of my favorite episodes. It talks about how Super Sentai/Power Rangers isn't about the action/monsters (otherwise you could just watch one version of the show) but instead it's about the characters presented that seperates Power Rangers and Super Sentai.

Of course when the original episode premiered trust me when I said some people took it as mean spirit. I mean if you wanted to see Tommy and Jason oogle some tits and ass.

Last edited by Allio; 07-27-2018 at 11:29 AM.
Allio is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
power rangers