The Technodrome Forums

Go Back   The Technodrome Forums > General Forums > General Discussion > Everything Else

Notices

Old 01-02-2018, 09:07 AM   #7901
plastroncafe
PerfectlyTunedFightEngine

I have to admit, I clicked that link fully expecting the song to be that Christmas Shoes one.
So your wants and needs as a fan should outweigh everyone else's?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sabacooza View Post
There's no sense catering just to one demographic which is idiotic.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vegita-San View Post
just ignore what you don't like rather than obsessing over it and move on with your life.
plastroncafe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2018, 09:13 AM   #7902
ProactiveMan
Spooky ghost

I've always been partial to Bony M. I'm not a religious man but...

Old 01-02-2018, 09:19 AM   #7903
newfan
Mad Scientist

That ones on my Christmas playlist
newfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2018, 11:41 AM   #7904
IndigoErth
Team Blue Boy

Quote:
Originally Posted by plastroncafe View Post
I have to admit, I clicked that link fully expecting the song to be that Christmas Shoes one.
Oh god, I never even heard or thought of that one this season. Love it but so heartbreaking.

Grind... This cold weather much of this country is dealing with. The pipes to the kitchen sink froze the other day. Probably no thanks to the enclosed back porch having been removed. It itself was always cold and cold air has always come in through those cabinets, but now it's worse... It's never frozen before. The porch at least kept things 'warm' enough to prevent this in the past.

AND later the same day I was hearing loud water running. Was thinking maybe someone was watering the plants wintering over in the basement, but it was going on weirdly long. Sister tried to brush off my concern as probably the dish washer, but... water going to it never sounds that loud or for that long. Looked out the window... Er, yeah, apparently the weather caused the pipes and/or spigot outside to break and was the source of the loud water running.

Lucky that wasn't hard to shut the water off to. And there is a small space heater now under the sink, however the water pressure to the sink has only been maybe half as strong since...

Last edited by IndigoErth; 01-02-2018 at 01:22 PM.
IndigoErth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2018, 05:26 PM   #7905
Cure
Y'all need Jesus

I get it, people. I have a higher chance of getting hit by lightning on a sunny day than actually winning the Mega Millions. Just let me buy my ticket in peace.
Old 01-02-2018, 07:21 PM   #7906
IndigoErth
Team Blue Boy

But sooner or later someone's gonna have to get hit. Good luck!

Not so much a grind, but when you make up chat bot thingie you want to make something of (esp when you link it to a site you made), but then don't really touch it for some months, knowing the amount of entries you'll have to go through and clear out will be high, and you finally get yourself to log it and the first one alone has over 3300... Ouch. (But that's the Leo inspired one that's popular enough to be listed on the second page of the host site still. His brothers are somewhere back in other pages, but god knows by now they prob have tons of entries to clear out as well.)
Old 01-02-2018, 07:38 PM   #7907
plastroncafe
PerfectlyTunedFightEngine

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cure View Post
I get it, people. I have a higher chance of getting hit by lightning on a sunny day than actually winning the Mega Millions. Just let me buy my ticket in peace.
If the pot gets big enough I'll buy a ticket...and then refer to it as paying my Idiot tax.

But you know...it's well worth the price of the ticket to spend the bulk of the day dreaming of what I'd do with all that money.
So your wants and needs as a fan should outweigh everyone else's?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sabacooza View Post
There's no sense catering just to one demographic which is idiotic.
Quote:
just ignore what you don't like rather than obsessing over it and move on with your life.
plastroncafe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2018, 07:09 PM   #7908
Krutch
Like, stupid rich.

One of life's greatest injustices is that Frasier still hasn't been given an HD treatment.

Ridiculous.
Krutch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2018, 07:15 PM   #7909
MsMarvelDuckie
I Married a Duck!

Location: The bowels of Hell, Texas(otherwise known as Decatur)
A travesty indeed.

"Where Science ends, magic begins." -Spiral, Uncanny X-Men #491

My various stories and fan-fics are now here-

https://m.fanfiction.net/u/4770494/#end
MsMarvelDuckie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2018, 03:45 AM   #7910
Papenbrook
*The King of Nothing*

Someone just threatened to kick me in the crotch.

I feel awfully terrified now.
Papenbrook is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2018, 05:05 PM   #7911
IndigoErth
Team Blue Boy

So a big new list of closing Sears and Kmarts came out today. I don't work again until Saturday evening, so I got to find out through a list online that I guess our store will be closing in early April...

So that just made today fantastic...

I know the company has not been doing well, but our store has been one of the better ones in its district and we have (or at least had!) still been receiving product (including spring stuff!) so it's kind of surprising. Even if the whole company is doomed eventually, I didn't expect this one to be axed this soon.

It's especially a shame since this particular location is probably older than I am and I had been there off and on since I was young. It's been there forever.

I don't even know where to go from here, this area isn't exactly the land of opportunity and as for being stuck in retail, well... its not like other stores aren't also doing poorly and in danger of following along behind Kmart and Sears. (So much for this goverment saving jobs and those big cooperation tax breaks doing any good!)

Well if anyone is curious if their local stores are in danger, here's the link. If you have gift cards or rewards points I'd use them soon.

http://searsholdings.com/docs/010418...osing-list.pdf
Old 01-05-2018, 02:44 AM   #7912
newfan
Mad Scientist

That sucks Indigo, sorry to hear, also that you had to find out on-line rather than being told.
It's sad seeing so many stores/companies going under or closing a lot of stores.
newfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2018, 10:49 AM   #7913
IndigoErth
Team Blue Boy

Thanks. Yeah, and especially sad that the roots of this company go back to 1886. The whole thing is likely doomed sooner or later.

I feel for my managers having to tell people yesterday and this morning. It's probably a shock as, from what I heard from my direct manager, we were expecting some changes to an extent in the store early in the year (combining my team and the cashiers; rearranging part of the upstairs), but we were not at all expecting to close.

Pretty ironic really that while government talks about supposedly saving jobs, and now a tax cut that is supposed to benefit companies and, some might try to believe, us little people... this happens. Retail is ignored in the job saving heroism rhetoric and as I damn well knew, those tax cuts will just go right into the pockets of those at the top that have been making all these failing decisions yet still paying themselves millions, while cutting the rest of us out... (And lost jobs, well, then what income is there even to tax or give a cut to...)

I do worry about the likes of Amazon eating most everything else alive. If that ends up being where a lot of would-be retail workers end up someday... I was already there for a short time once a number of years ago and, while it may be great on the customer side, it is not a place you want to be as a worker. Even their corporate offices are supposedly a terrible, soul killing environment. Anyone who can work for Amazon long term and not end up emotionally dead inside deserves a medal.

edit: Local article mentioned that my store has been there since 1963...

1/6 - These temperatures we've been having for WAY too long need to frigging stop. I'd say these temps should go to hell, but then hell will just freeze over! (And lord knows what would happen then, given all the things that are said wouldn't happen until it did freeze over... lol)

Last edited by IndigoErth; 01-06-2018 at 12:18 PM.
Old 01-16-2018, 11:42 AM   #7914
Vegita-San
Emperor

I thought I left the playground behind about 25 years ago ;o).

sigh...children everywhere.
Vegita-San is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2018, 11:44 AM   #7915
CyberCubed
Overlord

Quote:
I thought I left the playground behind about 25 years ago ;o).

sigh...children everywhere.
You almost sound like you have a problem interacting with people, both online and offline.
CyberCubed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2018, 11:48 AM   #7916
Utrommaniac
Resident overthinker

All these fanfic ideas and not a clue of where to put them and no idea how to make them work together...
Old 01-16-2018, 10:17 PM   #7917
MsMarvelDuckie
I Married a Duck!

Location: The bowels of Hell, Texas(otherwise known as Decatur)
Ah, I know the feeling. I get so many ideas and often don't know what to do with them.

"Where Science ends, magic begins." -Spiral, Uncanny X-Men #491

My various stories and fan-fics are now here-

https://m.fanfiction.net/u/4770494/#end
MsMarvelDuckie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2018, 10:33 PM   #7918
Utrommaniac
Resident overthinker

And now I HAVE the ideas but I'm not sure how to fit them all together! Or at least better ideas than I had the last time.
Old 01-17-2018, 04:21 PM   #7919
Katie
Just...way too serious.

Being told during my work review that I need to “soften my opinions”. Now, mind you, part of my job is making credit decisions which I regularly have to debate and defend to credit officers and reviewers. But no, they weren’t talking about that. They were talking about me saying something in a casual conversation. As in my political views are different than the VAST majority of people where I live.

What was relayed to me as an “example” of my hard opinions was when I got frustrated at my cube-mate for some very racist things he was saying. “People infringing on my European privledge”. I sh!t you not. At work.

I told him I didn’t care to hear such things because even though I look white, I’m not. I’m biracial. I was not mean or agressive and I said it in as even s tone as I could. Now I am a “snowflake” and “Pocahontas”.

And when I take it to my boss....I need to soften my opinions. And Cube-mate continues his nasty remarks everyday.

Good times.
Old 01-17-2018, 04:28 PM   #7920
CyberCubed
Overlord

Welcome to Trumps America.
CyberCubed is offline   Reply With Quote