The Technodrome Forums

Go Back   The Technodrome Forums > TMNT Merchandise > Toy/Collectible Discussion

Notices

Old 02-18-2017, 10:16 AM   #541
zaktheneutrino
Stone Warrior

Quote:
Originally Posted by MisterMiracle View Post
Bad News: No more Nick TMNT Minimates.
More Bad News: No more TMNT Minimates at Toys R Us.
Good News: 80's Turtles are here!

https://www.instagram.com/p/BQog72Qh...llectdst&hl=en

Series 6 (Retro Series 1)

Donatello
Leonardo
Shredder
April
Casey Jones
Bebop
Foot Soldier
Foot Solider

Series 7 (Retro Series 2)

Michelangelo
Raphael
Splinter
Rocksteady
Baxter Stockman (Fly)
Humanoid Krang
Foot Soldier
Foot Soldier
These look great!! Thanks for sharing. Sucks no more Nick turtles though. I really liked all of the previous releases!

Check out my TMNT website for news, reviews and more!
http://www.thewhitefootsoldier.com

Instagram: The White Foot Soldier
zaktheneutrino is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2017, 12:56 PM   #542
Toadtrooper
Hench Mutant

I don't know why anyones's surprised. There are only two types of Minimates. Marvel and Cancelled.
Toadtrooper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2017, 09:02 PM   #543
DonnieLaForge
Stone Warrior

Too bad the humans are always chase figures I have to buy on eBay for $20 each. Come on DST...that sucks most of the fun out of it...these don't move quick enough for those shenanigans.

I'm also ready for these to end. They were fun until Mega came along. Classic series will be about as fun a way to wind down as I can imagine!
DonnieLaForge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2017, 02:20 AM   #544
DSTZach
Thug

Quote:
Originally Posted by Toadtrooper View Post
I don't know why anyones's surprised. There are only two types of Minimates. Marvel and Cancelled.
Every toy line eventually ends, including Minimates -- except Marvel, which was our first 2" Minimates line in 2002 and is kind of a phenomenon. 73 series!

Five assortments is a pretty good run, if you consider this a cancellation (it isn't, really). DC MM went 8 or 9 series. Ghostbusters Movie MM did 6-7 series before shifting to RGB, and later GB2016. Predator is up to Series 4. Alien/Aliens did four assortments plus deluxe sets and vehicles, and now it's moving on to Alien: Covenant.

And these will not be blind-bagged. Two-packs.

Classic Series 1
Donatello/Shredder
Leonardo/Bebop
April/Foot Soldier
Casey Jones/Foot Soldier

Classic Series 2
Michelangelo/Rocksteady
Raphael/Humanoid Krang
Splinter/Foot Soldier
Baxter Stockman (Fly)/Foot Soldier
DSTZach is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2017, 02:25 AM   #545
Ninturtle
Mad Scientist

Quote:
Originally Posted by DSTZach View Post
Every toy line eventually ends, including Minimates -- except Marvel, which was our first 2" Minimates line in 2002 and is kind of a phenomenon. 73 series!

Five assortments is a pretty good run, if you consider this a cancellation (it isn't, really). DC MM went 8 or 9 series. Ghostbusters Movie MM did 6-7 series before shifting to RGB, and later GB2016. Predator is up to Series 4. Alien/Aliens did four assortments plus deluxe sets and vehicles, and now it's moving on to Alien: Covenant.

Classic Series 1
Donatello/Shredder
Leonardo/Bebop
April/Foot Soldier
Casey Jones/Foot Soldier

Classic Series 2
Michelangelo/Rocksteady
Raphael/Humanoid Krang
Splinter/Foot Soldier
Any chance of making more Mirage minimates or convention exclusive minimates for TMNT DST Zach?
Ninturtle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2017, 08:11 AM   #546
MisterMiracle
Foot Soldier

Quote:

Classic Series 1
Donatello/Shredder
Leonardo/Bebop
April/Foot Soldier
Casey Jones/Foot Soldier

Classic Series 2
Michelangelo/Rocksteady
Raphael/Humanoid Krang
Splinter/Foot Soldier
Couple of questions:

1. Are the Foot Soldiers from Series 2 the same as Series 1? (Or do they have different accessories or are maybe different colors like the ones from the old arcade game?)

2. How do you guys come up with the pairings on the 2-packs? I would've done Leo/Donnie, Mikey/Raph, Shredder/Splinter, Bebop/Rocksteady, April/Casey, Baxter/Krang and Foot Soldier/Foot Soldier. Is there a certain you try to pair a character up with another character?
MisterMiracle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2017, 08:14 AM   #547
EddieNES
Stone Warrior

Quote:
Couple of questions:

1. Are the Foot Soldiers from Series 2 the same as Series 1? (Or do they have different accessories or are maybe different colors like the ones from the old arcade game?)

2. How do you guys come up with the pairings on the 2-packs? I would've done Leo/Donnie, Mikey/Raph, Shredder/Splinter, Bebop/Rocksteady, April/Casey, Baxter/Krang and Foot Soldier/Foot Soldier. Is there a certain you try to pair a character up with another character?
Not sure about the pairing, but I'd assume split the turtles up into 4 different packs to push sales.
EddieNES is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2017, 08:46 AM   #548
DonnieLaForge
Stone Warrior

Quote:
Whew! Praise be for that!
DonnieLaForge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2017, 09:08 AM   #549
MisterMiracle
Foot Soldier

Pics are up for all of the new 80's TMNT Minimates (plus some other new stuff):

http://news.toyark.com/2017/02/19/to...-243377#images

They look great!
MisterMiracle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2017, 10:23 AM   #550
go_ninja84
Mad Scientist

that flying and iced Delorean

I must possess them
go_ninja84 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2017, 10:54 AM   #551
Toadtrooper
Hench Mutant

Quote:

You're just proving my point. Your core audience is Marvel. Even new collectors have over a decade of compatible figures to hunt after. Other licenses can't compete with that backlog and robust secondary market. If you're a Marvel fan it's fantastic, because you have a few series every year of what-if material, matching off Iron Man again Alien or Deadpool against The Muppets. But you're never going to have another success like Marvel.

The problem is you just see the various product lines DST is paying you to promote. But fans see incomplete collections as failures. Failures that were guaranteed the moment the license was announced. Because they're not Marvel.
Toadtrooper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2017, 03:00 PM   #552
zaktheneutrino
Stone Warrior

I think Splinter and Krang look the best but I'll buy all of these!

Check out my TMNT website for news, reviews and more!
http://www.thewhitefootsoldier.com

Instagram: The White Foot Soldier
zaktheneutrino is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2017, 07:37 PM   #553
atreyu2112
Foot Soldier

Quote:

Classic Series 1
Donatello/Shredder
Leonardo/Bebop
April/Foot Soldier
Casey Jones/Foot Soldier

Classic Series 2
Michelangelo/Rocksteady
Raphael/Humanoid Krang
Splinter/Foot Soldier
Great news about the 2-packs & I'm so thankful they're not blind bags!
Also, they look absolutely fantastic, very excited to get them!

Quote:
How do you guys come up with the pairings on the 2-packs? Is there a certain you try to pair a character up with another character?
It's always been good guy/bad guy for TMNT 2-packs, no?

Quote:
You're just proving my point......
I get what you're saying, and I am not defending DST, but I have to say that I don't see how what they released for The Nick TMNT as a failure or incomplete. We got all the MAIN protagonists and a decent showing of secondary characters as well as multiple army builders with variants (both Kraang & Foot). We even got Ice Cream Kitty, Spike & Baby Karai as well as a TON of well thought out accessories.

This is way more than can be said for several other lines they had, Lord of the Rings being a prime example. We got to physically see a complete wave 3 along with the completed packaging and it never came out. I'm still disappointed to this day because that one wave of 8 minimates had multiple MAIN characters that would have rounded out perfectly the entire collection for all 3 movies enough that almost all the fans would have been fine with not getting a 4th wave.

To have the Nick TMNT line be successful enough to get a 6th & 7th wave ... and to have it be the most iconic/nostalgic series of all TMNT, I'd say that's pretty awesome!

*edit for a ps...
If you saw PixelDan's Playmates Nick TMNT walk through, you'd probably know why there aren't going to be many further releases with many companies for the Nick show as its rebranding as Tales of the TMNT. The Shredder story line is coming to an end and they are moving to smaller stand alone story arcs that aren't really a part of each other like the main story line over the past 4 seasons.

Last edited by atreyu2112; 02-19-2017 at 07:47 PM.
atreyu2112 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2017, 01:59 AM   #554
TheBlueTurtle1
Foot Elite

I think they look great, I think Splinter looks the best. Leo and Mikey's colours look a little off, but apart from that, look to be some of the best minimates, up there with the Giant size x-men and Thundercats.

http://jandmdev.deviantart.com/ (My Brother and I have a dev page, I am J, brother is M)
TheBlueTurtle1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2017, 02:53 PM   #555
DSTZach
Thug

Mirage is possible.

Foot soldiers are the same, I believe.

WE tryto spread out the turtles to e

Quote:
You're just proving my point. Your core audience is Marvel. Even new collectors have over a decade of compatible figures to hunt after. Other licenses can't compete with that backlog and robust secondary market. If you're a Marvel fan it's fantastic, because you have a few series every year of what-if material, matching off Iron Man again Alien or Deadpool against The Muppets. But you're never going to have another success like Marvel.

The problem is you just see the various product lines DST is paying you to promote. But fans see incomplete collections as failures. Failures that were guaranteed the moment the license was announced. Because they're not Marvel.
That makes no sense. Because Marvel has a proven sales history, unlimited characters, am established collector base, strong tie-in media, and has been running for a long time, any other line is a failure? So should we never make anything else?

Nothing can run for as long as Marvel, because time is linear, but we can certainly try to start something that will be equally or more successful in a contemporaneous sense, like Walking Dead or Aliens or TMNT.

Besides, there are not as many TMNT characters as there are Marvel characters, both in their expanded universes and as far as "anchor" characters go (4 vs. 15-20). And when the same 30-40 characters are re-introduced each time the universe reboots, it puts a cap on the number of characters that can be realistically made.

The Marvel Universe has had alternate timelines, and second-generation heroes, but it has never "rebooted." It's been running for over 50 years, while TMNT never lasts more than, what, 10 before it starts over.

I assume the cartoon was cancelled because kids have tired of the current universe, and I am pretty sure that is reflected in toy sales, their primary measure of the show's success. Hopefully older 1980s fans support the line in larger numbers now that the characters are closer to what they remember.
Old 02-22-2017, 06:53 PM   #556
Ninturtle
Mad Scientist

Quote:
Mirage is possible.

Foot soldiers are the same, I believe.

WE tryto spread out the turtles to e

That makes no sense. Because Marvel has a proven sales history, unlimited characters, am established collector base, strong tie-in media, and has been running for a long time, any other line is a failure? So should we never make anything else?

Nothing can run for as long as Marvel, because time is linear, but we can certainly try to start something that will be equally or more successful in a contemporaneous sense, like Walking Dead or Aliens or TMNT.

Besides, there are not as many TMNT characters as there are Marvel characters, both in their expanded universes and as far as "anchor" characters go (4 vs. 15-20). And when the same 30-40 characters are re-introduced each time the universe reboots, it puts a cap on the number of characters that can be realistically made.

The Marvel Universe has had alternate timelines, and second-generation heroes, but it has never "rebooted." It's been running for over 50 years, while TMNT never lasts more than, what, 10 before it starts over.

I assume the cartoon was cancelled because kids have tired of the current universe, and I am pretty sure that is reflected in toy sales, their primary measure of the show's success. Hopefully older 1980s fans support the line in larger numbers now that the characters are closer to what they remember.
Does Baxter Stockman come with swapable parts to create his human form?
Ninturtle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2017, 07:30 PM   #557
atreyu2112
Foot Soldier

Zach, can you tell us when we can expect these to hit comic shops? And will both waves hit together, or how far back will the 2nd wave be?

Also, since now you are making the classic Fred Wolf turtles, any chance at getting a party wagon (like the aAliens APC)?
atreyu2112 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2017, 06:19 AM   #558
TheBlueTurtle1
Foot Elite

Quote:
Originally Posted by atreyu2112 View Post
Zach, can you tell us when we can expect these to hit comic shops? And will both waves hit together, or how far back will the 2nd wave be?

Also, since now you are making the classic Fred Wolf turtles, any chance at getting a party wagon (like the aAliens APC)?
I second all the above!

http://jandmdev.deviantart.com/ (My Brother and I have a dev page, I am J, brother is M)
Old 02-23-2017, 07:17 AM   #559
DSTZach
Thug

I do not believe there will be swappable Baxter parts, but I will check.

Series 1 should hit first, not sure how far apart they'll be.

No plans for vehicles.

And I should add that I am not just paid to promote DST lines with no investment in them. I'm a fan of all of this stuff, I was before I worked here, and before I worked at ToyFare magazine covering all of it. I'll admit to not watching the Nick show very much, or read many of the comics, but I watched the original show religiously, and read a lot of the Mirage and Archie comics, and while I'd love to get Usagi Yojimbo or Man Ray or Leatherhead or Cudley or Wingnut and Screwloose or the wrestling uniforms or the Neutrinos or Metalhead, I think this is a pretty good-looking collection that covers all of the MAIN characters, and if the line ended here, it would be a great set for any fan to complete. I've certainly collected smaller, shorter-lived toy lines. Hopefully it continues!

Last edited by DSTZach; 02-24-2017 at 05:02 AM.
Old 02-27-2017, 06:30 AM   #560
TheBlueTurtle1
Foot Elite

If this is all the 80s TMNT minimates we get, I'll be happy. We have every major character, BUT if we get a 3rd series, we MUST have Irma, Vernon and Burne.

Also the Punk frogs, neutrinos and Leatherhead.

Last edited by TheBlueTurtle1; 02-27-2017 at 07:17 AM.