The Technodrome Forums

Go Back   The Technodrome Forums > TMNT Universes > General TMNT Discussion

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 03-18-2017, 10:53 AM   #1
Tetsu Deinonychus
The Iron Dinosaur

What's the worst TMNT you can imagine?

We have a lot of threads about people's "ideal" version of TMNT that they would create if they were in charge. But, what about the opposite?

If for some reason you just wanted to tank TMNT with the worst version ever (TV show, comic, or movie), what would it be like?

I'll have to give it some thought myself, but I'd love to see what everyone comes up with.

Two ground rules...

1. It still has to have most of the "fundamentals" in place and be recognizable as TMNT in some form.

2. Don't just point to an already existing version of TMNT that you don't like and say "that". Be creative, and remember you're trying to top (or bottom or whatever) that version for "worst TMNT ever!"
Old 03-18-2017, 11:24 AM   #2
Jephael
That whack job behind you

I dunno if it's still out there, but once upon a time there was a short series of YouTube videos where each of the Turtles went their separate ways and kinda became their worst selves. Mikey wound up in some halfway house kind of establishment with a bunch of drug addicts; Leonardo tried to live a normal human life and got some office job where people would pick on him behind his back for looking so strange. I believe he was even married to April in this version (there were a lot of Leo/April shippers back then). Donatello meanwhile became a nerd blogger who would go on about his favorite anime (sound familiar, Cubed?) Finally Raphael was pretty much a loner who still went around looking for trouble. Eventually they all came together after the tragic death of Master Splinter, and they get into a big fight over how they lost their way after splitting up. Then in comes their mortal enemy Oroku Saki who is now a woman. So yea, that for me pretty much sums up what the worst version of TMNT could be like.

Looking back I'm willing to bet the guy who wrote and created that mini-series was like mortified by how horrible it came out and took the videos down, hence why they can't be seen again. Even the costumes were horrible, it was just a bunch of guys wearing green face paint and color coded bandannas, or in Leonardo's case a really terrible human disguise. I do remember the "Lady Shredder" actress being pretty hot though. As far as I could tell she was 100% female in real life simply playing a transgendered Saki.

www.jephael.com

Last edited by Jephael; 03-18-2017 at 11:35 AM.
Old 03-18-2017, 12:00 PM   #3
Utrommaniac
Resident overthinker

It's already happened. The Next Mutation/Music Tour brand of "make everyone Michelangelo and jokes of what pacifism is". The death rattles of Turtlemania in the 90's.
Old 03-18-2017, 12:26 PM   #4
FredWolfLeonardo
Big Blue Boy Scout

The worst version of tmnt would be a combination of PD Michealangalo, Christmas special Leonardo, Coming out of their shells tour Raphael and TMNT 3 Donatello, with their Splinter being a hybrid of all 4 versions.
Old 03-18-2017, 01:52 PM   #5
snake
Disgusting

PD is the worst. Atleast the christmas special and COOTS incarnations have entertainment value.
Old 03-18-2017, 01:56 PM   #6
Powder
So tired of this place

Platinum Dunes already made it.

& no I'm not trying to be funny.

I'm convinced that none of you have ever experienced joy
Old 03-18-2017, 02:06 PM   #7
ProphetofGanja
Dub Professor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Powder View Post

It really is the worst; more obnoxious than the Fred Wolf show with butt-ugly turtles
Old 03-18-2017, 02:20 PM   #8
CyberCubed
Overlord

Quote:
Originally Posted by ProphetofGanja View Post
It really is the worst; more obnoxious than the Fred Wolf show with butt-ugly turtles
The Fred Wolf show was about tongue in cheek and sarcastic humor, it's nothing like the new movies.
Old 03-18-2017, 03:22 PM   #9
Cryomancer
Mad Scientist

Quote:
Originally Posted by Powder View Post

The leaked script was worse. So much worse.

Probably the worst possible tmnt would somehow enforce the lessons "life is always great no matter what", "revenge is totally radical", and "adopted people aren't real family, only blood matters!"

Final Boss of translation group Opentrain.
We do videogame comics and TMNT stuff.
http://opentrain.theyear199x.org/
Old 03-18-2017, 05:47 PM   #10
CyberCubed
Overlord

Just be thankful we dodged alien Turtles and a Shredder who was a white man. Jesus Christ.

The fact that Eric Sachs was originally intended to be Shredder makes my blood boil even more than Turtle nostrils. And that's saying a lot.
Old 03-19-2017, 11:05 AM   #11
Wesley
Mad Scientist

I'd say the worst version of tmnt would be the Turtles not being the main focus, kinda like the way Sonic X focused more on Chris than Sonic himself.
Old 03-19-2017, 11:09 AM   #12
ToTheNines
[sic]

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wesley View Post
I'd say the worst version of tmnt would be the Turtles not being the main focus, kinda like the way Sonic X focused more on Chris than Sonic himself.
Another Bayturtles trope.

Although, to be fair, TMNT 1990 is a bit guilty of that too.
Old 03-19-2017, 11:17 AM   #13
myconius
Abby Normal

Location: the grave marked "Unknown" right beside Arch Stanton.
Quote:
Originally Posted by ToTheNines View Post
Although, to be fair, TMNT 1990 is a bit guilty of that too.
true! pretty much every scene with Danny was pretty cringe worthy.

watching Keno was no picnic either!

but none are as painful to watch as this guy

Old 03-19-2017, 11:26 AM   #14
CyberCubed
Overlord

They add kid sidekick characters to every series.

Original toon had Zack and to a lesser extent Carter (even though he was in College and technically older than all the Turtles, lol)

4kids had Angel and that kid from "Lone Raph and Cub" who helped Raph fight the gangsters

Nick had Timmy before he became Mutagen Man. You could sort of count April/Casey too since they're de-aged.

IDW has Angel again

Mirage has Shadow, and she is actually in a lot of Tales stories as both a teenager and young adult

I wonder why they always do this? Do they think adding a human kid sidekick helps people related to the Turtles?
Old 03-19-2017, 11:42 AM   #15
myconius
Abby Normal

Quote:
Originally Posted by CyberCubed View Post

Original toon had Zack and to a lesser extent Carter (even though he was in College and technically older than all the Turtles, lol)

4kids had Angel and that kid from "Lone Raph and Cub" who helped Raph fight the gangsters

Nick had Timmy before he became Mutagen Man. You could sort of count April/Casey too since they're de-aged.

IDW has Angel again

Mirage has Shadow, and she is actually in a lot of Tales stories as both a teenager and young adult

I wonder why they always do this? Do they think adding a human kid sidekick helps people related to the Turtles?
just feels like the meddling of clueless corporate executives

"research studies show that BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH..."

they feel less a sidekick and more of just an annoying tagalong.
Old 03-19-2017, 11:50 AM   #16
ToTheNines
[sic]

Quote:

IDW has Angel again

I would not count Angel in IDW. She's like 21 and does her own thing.

And you forgot Cody from Fast Forward.
Old 03-19-2017, 12:04 PM   #17
myconius
Abby Normal

Quote:
You could sort of count April/Casey too since they're de-aged.
they at least were developed characters before Nick decided to turn them into kiddie tagalongs.

i image they're going to do this to the new cartoon as well?
Old 03-25-2017, 02:50 PM   #18
Rooish
Devil's Advocate

I wasn't happy with the characterization at first with Image. It was super macho and occasionally quite sexist and not at all like the Turtles usually are.

It got better as it went, except all the crossovers.
Old 03-25-2017, 05:19 PM   #19
Konchadunga
Stone Warrior

I'll define mine as a list of bullet points taken from past incarnations.
•The fighting would be the slapstick sort from most of the Fred Wolf show.
•Venus would be in it.
•Venus would act like she did in The Next Mutation.
•Except she'd be the leader.
•Every other turtle would have the personality of Mikey at his very worst.
•The Turtles would actually be aliens, and none would be siblings.
•It would be a musical, with songs on-par with the Coming Out of Their Shells Tour other than "Pizza Power."
•It would be live-action and use the costumes from that LA public transportation PSA.
•Shredder would be as incompetent as his Fred Wolf incarnation, as one-dimensional as his 4Kids incarnation, and have the costume and anti-music conspiracy of his Coming Out of Their Shells incarnation.
•Splinter would be as much of a jerk and an idiot as he is in the worst moments of the Nick show, all the time.
•Every episode would contain at least ten uses of "Cowabunga" and "What the Shell".
•April would have no talents, no sense of danger, no fashion sense and no breasts.
•Burn Thompson would be her boss, played by Whoopi Goldberg dressed to look like a white man.
•Irma would actually be a Kraang, but not a smart and sentient and funny one and not voiced by Godfrey. He'd be one of the moronic Kraang, except even more moronic. His Irma costume would have the portion he rides in always visible, and everyone would just pretend not to notice because they wouldn't want to hurt his feelings.
•The Pulveriser would be in it, just as fat and worthless as he was in the Nick show, except this time the show's narrative would treat every bit of constructive criticism he gets as mendacious fat-shaming. Then, in a moment of self-contradiction, he would foul up so badly about a thousand people die. He would not become Mutagen Man.
•The Vomit Monster would be in it, as a regular villain.
•All of the Turtles would be bisexual and the male turtles would divide their time between making out with each other and fighting over who gets Venus.
•Also both Don and Miley would lust after April and hatch schemes to get with her.
Closed Thread

Tags
worst tmnt