The Technodrome Forums

Go Back   The Technodrome Forums > General Forums > General Discussion > TV and Movies

Notices

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-17-2018, 11:17 AM   #821
newfan
Mad Scientist
 
newfan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2017
Location: UK
Posts: 1,482
Hmm another show, I only keep up with the others in the crossovers tbh.
newfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2018, 11:22 AM   #822
Andrew NDB
Weed Whacker
 
Andrew NDB's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Location: Auburn, WA
Posts: 14,687
Quote:
Originally Posted by TurtleTitan97 View Post
Well, that's surprising.

Would still like to see an actual Batman appearance on TV though.
Or Green Lantern.

It's so weird to me. WB hasn't put out a Batman movie in 6 years and is no closer than they were a year or two ago to putting one out; they're so scared to touch Green Lantern that they didn't even bother to include him on the roster of "Justice League" despite being a founding member in every iteration. Yet... "You can't use Batman on TV because it might confuse people that watch Batman in the movies!"? What, the Nolan ones from a decade ago? Eh, whatever. But what is it for Green Lantern? I mean, is it, "Don't use Green Lantern on TV because... we... might use him again in 3, 4 years! Maybe, probably not! But... just in case, don't use him!" Hal Jordan is supposed to be Oliver Queen's best friend, for sh**'s sake.

So weird.
Andrew NDB is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2018, 11:31 AM   #823
ZariusTwo
Overlord
 
ZariusTwo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2003
Location: Britain, DINO THUNDER...POWER UP!
Posts: 14,947
Arrow is also moving to Mondays
ZariusTwo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2018, 12:31 PM   #824
CylonsKlingonsDaleksOhMy
Annalist
 
CylonsKlingonsDaleksOhMy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2004
Posts: 13,625
Quote:
Originally Posted by Andrew NDB View Post
Or Green Lantern.

It's so weird to me. WB hasn't put out a Batman movie in 6 years and is no closer than they were a year or two ago to putting one out; they're so scared to touch Green Lantern that they didn't even bother to include him on the roster of "Justice League" despite being a founding member in every iteration. Yet... "You can't use Batman on TV because it might confuse people that watch Batman in the movies!"? What, the Nolan ones from a decade ago? Eh, whatever. But what is it for Green Lantern? I mean, is it, "Don't use Green Lantern on TV because... we... might use him again in 3, 4 years! Maybe, probably not! But... just in case, don't use him!" Hal Jordan is supposed to be Oliver Queen's best friend, for sh**'s sake.

So weird.
The DC film/TV executives make about as much sense as a roomful of koalas on LSD. I mean, it's entertaining to watch the chaos for a little while... but it sure as sh!t ain't good business.
__________________
ALL THEIR DAYS ARE NUMBERED
CylonsKlingonsDaleksOhMy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2018, 07:42 PM   #825
Andrew NDB
Weed Whacker
 
Andrew NDB's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Location: Auburn, WA
Posts: 14,687
Just watched the season premiere of the latest season of "Arrow."

Wow. So bad. They've spun like a million subplots right off the bat, none of them interesting.
Andrew NDB is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2018, 02:42 AM   #826
newfan
Mad Scientist
 
newfan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2017
Location: UK
Posts: 1,482
Quote:
Originally Posted by Andrew NDB View Post
Just watched the season premiere of the latest season of "Arrow."

Wow. So bad. They've spun like a million subplots right off the bat, none of them interesting.
Is this for the latest season?

I got bored during this one and fed up with some of the characters, my recordings would start to pile up before I watched them. Anyway it seems to have picked up a little for me again towards the end, still part 2 of the finale to go here.
newfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2018, 02:58 AM   #827
Andrew NDB
Weed Whacker
 
Andrew NDB's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Location: Auburn, WA
Posts: 14,687
Quote:
Originally Posted by newfan View Post
Is this for the latest season?
Yeah, latest. Saw 2nd episode earlier today... still yikes. And killing off William's mom just so Oliver can play dad, all bad. It feels as cheap as it did in the latest Fast & Furious movie where they killed off a longstanding character so that Vin Diesel can do the same thing with a baby he never knew he had.

You can just hear the writers room. "Wouldn't be so new and fresh to see Oliver having to be a father suddenly, all on his own??"

And "uh oh... everyone thinks Ollie is Arrow!!" Again? This is like the third time. Maybe the fourth.
Andrew NDB is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2018, 03:13 AM   #828
newfan
Mad Scientist
 
newfan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2017
Location: UK
Posts: 1,482
Quote:
Originally Posted by Andrew NDB View Post
Yeah, latest. Saw 2nd episode earlier today... still yikes. And killing off William's mom just so Oliver can play dad, all bad. It feels as cheap as it did in the latest Fast & Furious movie where they killed off a longstanding character so that Vin Diesel can do the same thing with a baby he never knew he had.

You can just hear the writers room. "Wouldn't be so new and fresh to see Oliver having to be a father suddenly, all on his own??"

And "uh oh... everyone thinks Ollie is Arrow!!" Again? This is like the third time. Maybe the fourth.
Yeah remaining hidden isn't a strong point .... also the dad thing was kinda predictable.
One predicable route for a character in this series I liked though.
newfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2018, 12:49 PM   #829
Andrew NDB
Weed Whacker
 
Andrew NDB's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Location: Auburn, WA
Posts: 14,687
11 episodes into the latest season now. Still awful! The bad guy is lame, Evil Black Canary is a joke, and the Team Arrow drama is wearing really thin on me.
Andrew NDB is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2018, 02:17 AM   #830
Andrew NDB
Weed Whacker
 
Andrew NDB's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Location: Auburn, WA
Posts: 14,687
Saw the season finale.

Ehhh... this could have been so much better. The death of Quentin Lance wasn't handled right at all. It should have been, the FAKE Laurel Lance remained conflicted the whole last half of the season, but still with a glimmer of redemption in her eye. Then her dad sacrifices himself for her and that's the big moment where she realizes who she used to be was bullsh**. Instead, it barely even seems to register for FAKE Laurel, and even at his actual deathbed she's not even crying. Big missed opportunity. Could have been really powerful.

I don't like Ricardo Diaz at all. The actor is... OK. Not as good or intense as the Prometheus guy last season, and not as athletic. There really wasn't anything particularly special about him at all (I think the producers were holding out for a big name to play Diaz, but when that didn't happen we're just stuck with this guy). I didn't buy that he is supposed to be a bigger badass or threat than Prometheus at all. I also didn't buy that Laurel was scared of him... surely she could catch him off-guard in a hallway somewhere and just Canary Cry right into his ear anytime, right?
Andrew NDB is online now   Reply With Quote
Reply

Tags
cuck arrow

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -6. The time now is 06:01 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2018, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.