The Technodrome Forums

Go Back   The Technodrome Forums > TMNT Universes > TMNT Comic Discussion

Notices

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-10-2018, 03:32 PM   #1
AlZarkovski
Stone Warrior
 
AlZarkovski's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Location: Russia
Posts: 559
TMNT Universe #22 Preview and Discussion

Full preview soon. First look:

Spoiler:
__________________
Sorry for my bad English
AlZarkovski is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2018, 04:23 PM   #2
Utrommaniac
It only took 30 years
 
Utrommaniac's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2015
Location: All is strange and vague. Are we dead? Or is this Ohio?
Posts: 4,103
I get the feeling that a good thing and a bad thing are going to happen at the same time.

The Treaty will be successful, but Ch'rell will be loose and screaming. Probably something with the leading women and teenage boy smacking their dissenters on the wrist or wrist equivalent.

From what I can tell on the windows, they appear to be in space, maybe? For some reason?

Either that, they're in some room on Burnow Island and Krang just had really weird taste in art.

And Don had been with them for months? Months???

Here's an easier read. Looks like we'll find out what Leatherhead has been up to. How...how deep into the water has he gone if he's fighting a squid bigger than his face and has a viperfish nearby? I mean, that's gotta be at least over 2,000 feet.
__________________
Resident Overthinker of Inconsequential Biology


To my DeviantArt

Last edited by Utrommaniac; 05-10-2018 at 06:50 PM.
Utrommaniac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2018, 08:15 AM   #3
bushido
Stone Warrior
 
bushido's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2014
Location: France
Posts: 568
Full preview here.
__________________
bushido is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2018, 08:26 AM   #4
Utrommaniac
It only took 30 years
 
Utrommaniac's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2015
Location: All is strange and vague. Are we dead? Or is this Ohio?
Posts: 4,103
And we have a new forum reaction image, for those times when the nonsense is just too much!




Don's got this though. I think the description might be underselling a bit. Kleve's not going to get too far.
__________________
Resident Overthinker of Inconsequential Biology


To my DeviantArt
Utrommaniac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2018, 05:22 PM   #5
ChosenOne
Mad Scientist
 
ChosenOne's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2014
Posts: 1,290
How do you say "Kleve"? I've been saying it like "sleeve" in my head, but I'm usually wrong about stuff like that.
ChosenOne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2018, 05:25 PM   #6
Utrommaniac
It only took 30 years
 
Utrommaniac's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2015
Location: All is strange and vague. Are we dead? Or is this Ohio?
Posts: 4,103
I'm not sure what else there is except the word "cleave"...which would be appropriate given his ambition to "cleave" the agreement apart .
__________________
Resident Overthinker of Inconsequential Biology


To my DeviantArt
Utrommaniac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2018, 05:59 PM   #7
ChosenOne
Mad Scientist
 
ChosenOne's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2014
Posts: 1,290
Yep, definitely checks out! Ironically, "Montuoro" was easier for me to figure out and pronounce, being an Iberian native and all.
ChosenOne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2018, 06:02 PM   #8
CylonsKlingonsDaleksOhMy
Victory Is Life
 
CylonsKlingonsDaleksOhMy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2004
Posts: 12,819
Oh for fruck's sake, Don. You can't talk a shooter down. You're a NINJA. Do something ninja.

And consider me PSYCHED for Deep Sea Leatherhead. Sounds like a rad action figure variant!
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by Andrew NDB View Post
Technodrome Member: Whys CylonsKlingonsDaleksOhMy running?

Technodrome Moderator: Because we have to chase him.

Technodrome Member: He didnt do anything wrong.

Technodrome Moderator: Because hes the hero Technodrome Forums deserves, but not the one it needs right now. So well hunt him because he can take it. Because hes not our hero. Hes a silent guardian. A watchful protector. A dark knight.
CylonsKlingonsDaleksOhMy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2018, 06:28 PM   #9
spookycookies
Hench Mutant
 
spookycookies's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2012
Location: NEPA
Posts: 424
Hmm so if Don has been in negotiations for months would that put this story after kingdom of rats? At first I wanted this to be an epilogue to Triceriton Invasion but I forget when the first bit of Kingdom picked up after it.
spookycookies is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2018, 06:34 PM   #10
Ninjinister
無問題
 
Ninjinister's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2004
Location: Moesko Island, WA
Posts: 13,473
Quote:
Originally Posted by Utrommaniac View Post
I'm not sure what else there is except the word "cleave"...which would be appropriate given his ambition to "cleave" the agreement apart .
Or like "clef" but with a v at the end? Or "kle-veh"?
__________________
Quote:
How mad you gotta be at a piece of fiction that you won't stop b*tching about it?
LOOKING FOR Japanese TMNT video game manuals (specifically TMNT2/3 NES, all on Game Boy, TMNT4/RoS), or just scans

Admin of Turtlepedia. If you have any questions or problems, let me know!

I make video games. Please buy them.
Ninjinister is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2018, 07:09 PM   #11
Redeemer
Technodrome Technician
 
Redeemer's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Location: third earth
Posts: 4,284
Quote:
Originally Posted by Utrommaniac View Post
And we have a new forum reaction image, for those times when the nonsense is just too much!

https://i.imgur.com/OYak2y8.png


Don's got this though. I think the description might be underselling a bit. Kleve's not going to get too far.
Yes!!!!!! Its perfect!!!!!!!
__________________
GT:Reedeamer
THE TECHNODROME REDESIGN 2015
http://forums.thetechnodrome.com/showthread.php?t=51594
Redeemer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2018, 07:24 PM   #12
CyberCubed
Overlord
 
CyberCubed's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2004
Posts: 33,811
So in the intermission between Krang's death and Ch'rell waking up, we have Kleve to take over the role of evil rogue Utrom, huh?

I wonder if he'll be killed off right at the end of this issue since he seems to be a one-shot adversary before we move on to the next main evil Utrom.
CyberCubed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2018, 08:24 PM   #13
CylonsKlingonsDaleksOhMy
Victory Is Life
 
CylonsKlingonsDaleksOhMy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2004
Posts: 12,819
Quote:
Originally Posted by CyberCubed View Post
So in the intermission between Krang's death and Ch'rell waking up, we have Kleve to take over the role of evil rogue Utrom, huh?

I wonder if he'll be killed off right at the end of this issue since he seems to be a one-shot adversary before we move on to the next main evil Utrom.
I figure he won't be killed--he'll kill himself. He'd rather die a true Utrom than live with his former slaves and grunts as equals on Burnow Island.

#liveUtromdieUtrom
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by Andrew NDB View Post
Technodrome Member: Whys CylonsKlingonsDaleksOhMy running?

Technodrome Moderator: Because we have to chase him.

Technodrome Member: He didnt do anything wrong.

Technodrome Moderator: Because hes the hero Technodrome Forums deserves, but not the one it needs right now. So well hunt him because he can take it. Because hes not our hero. Hes a silent guardian. A watchful protector. A dark knight.
CylonsKlingonsDaleksOhMy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2018, 09:28 PM   #14
Utrommaniac
It only took 30 years
 
Utrommaniac's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2015
Location: All is strange and vague. Are we dead? Or is this Ohio?
Posts: 4,103
Probably after filling in Ch'rell on what's going on. It's probably the one death I could see happening.

<Panel of Ma'riell after the story ends, sighing in exasperation and adding a sixth hatch to the count of dead Utroms. "For fvck's sake, Kleve". Ch'rell is throwing a tantrum in the background.>


I really think that image of Deep Sea Leatherhead looks like something that would be on a gigantic painting in a sea town tavern that's had one too many swords and knives stuck in it over the years.
__________________
Resident Overthinker of Inconsequential Biology


To my DeviantArt
Utrommaniac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2018, 08:41 AM   #15
PaulAllor
Official TMNT Staff/Cast
 
PaulAllor's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 92
Just to steer away from a misconception a few of you are having, Donnie has not been there for months. The "months of wallowing in compromise and moral ambiguity" is referring to everything that's been going on with the Turtles recently -- not just the events of this story.
PaulAllor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2018, 08:57 AM   #16
Utrommaniac
It only took 30 years
 
Utrommaniac's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2015
Location: All is strange and vague. Are we dead? Or is this Ohio?
Posts: 4,103
Ahh, thanks ! That clears up a lot of things.

(Though, being there for a few months would make sense considering how quickly the Triceratons and Kleve healed from their respective injuries)
__________________
Resident Overthinker of Inconsequential Biology


To my DeviantArt

Last edited by Utrommaniac; 05-15-2018 at 09:46 AM.
Utrommaniac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2018, 09:41 PM   #17
spookycookies
Hench Mutant
 
spookycookies's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2012
Location: NEPA
Posts: 424
Quote:
Originally Posted by PaulAllor View Post
Just to steer away from a misconception a few of you are having, Donnie has not been there for months. The "months of wallowing in compromise and moral ambiguity" is referring to everything that's been going on with the Turtles recently -- not just the events of this story.
Thanks for clearing that up!
spookycookies is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2018, 01:02 AM   #18
Utrommaniac
It only took 30 years
 
Utrommaniac's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2015
Location: All is strange and vague. Are we dead? Or is this Ohio?
Posts: 4,103
Spoiler:
A summary of the issue


With a rather surprising number of silly moments


Not even out of stasis for two seconds, and Ch'rell's already "demanding" to see Krang. Not his sister. Krang.

Who's General now, oooh boy! Which...really settles that Utrom military ranking is weird. With Lieutenants outranking Commanders, and Colonels being directly below Generals, rather than four ranks behind. But jeez Kleve, just blasting right in there with what happened. Give the guy a few minutes to get his senses.

Kleve has clearly spent way too much time around Krang (and maybe Ch'rell). He's absorbed the drama.

It seems Tarsa is another lady Triceraton.

Donatello seems to have missed leg day, in a different way.

Looks like Leatherhead finally got that belt off. And will probably just be dragged back to Burnow all over again, since he can breathe its air now.
__________________
Resident Overthinker of Inconsequential Biology


To my DeviantArt

Last edited by Utrommaniac; 05-16-2018 at 02:01 AM.
Utrommaniac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2018, 08:26 AM   #19
ChosenOne
Mad Scientist
 
ChosenOne's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2014
Posts: 1,290
I'm gonna go ahead and say this is the best issue of Universe ever, hands down. It just worked for me. Struck all the right chords and made the most of its page count, with a couple of gut punches thrown in for good measure.

Spoiler:
The back-up had me a bit confused, though. How can Leatherhead breathe in the island's atmosphere without an apparatus again? Is it just gonna be handwaved away? Also, when exactly did the final panels take place? Did he just swim all the way out to New York City? How? How did he find the way? And if he did, why not do it before the whole Utrom revival incident? It's not like he didn't have the time. Maybe I'm just nitpicking, but it struck me as odd.

Also, was anyone else expecting Tragg and Granitor to be the two accomplices?
ChosenOne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2018, 09:52 AM   #20
CylonsKlingonsDaleksOhMy
Victory Is Life
 
CylonsKlingonsDaleksOhMy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2004
Posts: 12,819
Spoiler:
The illusion of progress.
Well HOT DAMN! That... THAT was amazing. That one little twist propelled this story from great to AMAZING.

Kudos, Paul! Kudos!

And the Leatherhead back-up... "I'm free now." Damn.

This truly was an amazing issue. As much as I've loved Karai's Path, "Old Hob vs Leatherhead", and the Bishop introductory story arc... I think I gotta hand this issue the Cylons Award of "Best Damn Issue of Universe."
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by Andrew NDB View Post
Technodrome Member: Whys CylonsKlingonsDaleksOhMy running?

Technodrome Moderator: Because we have to chase him.

Technodrome Member: He didnt do anything wrong.

Technodrome Moderator: Because hes the hero Technodrome Forums deserves, but not the one it needs right now. So well hunt him because he can take it. Because hes not our hero. Hes a silent guardian. A watchful protector. A dark knight.
CylonsKlingonsDaleksOhMy is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -6. The time now is 01:25 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2018, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.