The Technodrome Forums

Go Back   The Technodrome Forums > TMNT Universes > TMNT Comic Discussion

Notices

Old 05-20-2017, 02:15 PM   #1901
TurtleWA
Foot Elite

Alright thanks. By the way my most recent read was #66. Sometimes I find my mind wandering when reading other comics. Or I like the art more than the story and vice versa. But none of that with #66, I loved everything about it!
TurtleWA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2017, 04:49 PM   #1902
mrmaczaps
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by TurtleWA View Post
I got some back issues from a retailer at $1-$2 each. I couldn't pass on that deal. If you are not the have to read as soon as it's released type of person, could just wait for retailer blow outs. The vol 1 TPB is $13.38 right now that's $2.67 an issue.
Waiting for books to hit a back issue bin for a buck or two hurts a store... and the sales for a series... just fyi.
mrmaczaps is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2017, 05:13 PM   #1903
TurtleWA
Foot Elite

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrmaczaps View Post
Waiting for books to hit a back issue bin for a buck or two hurts a store... and the sales for a series... just fyi.
Yeah I have heard that before. It was an online retailer, but I also have got good deals at LCBS as well. In my circumstance I think it actually helps the retailers. Because I am a completist of sorts. If I would not have found TMNTU 4,5,6 for $1 then I might not have also bought 7 and 8 from the retailer at normal price.

Same for picking up 65,66 at very low prices. It got me back into the series and purchasing 67,68,69 from the retailer at normal price. And I am most likely preordering some issues do to really enjoying both TMNTU and the ongoing now that I am back in.

So an argument could be made that marking issues down to a buck or two actually helps.
Old 05-22-2017, 01:18 PM   #1904
playmate
Foot Soldier

Mr Curnow, I’m Turtle Tracking my Ninja Note!

Sir, may I please ask if you received my Ninja Note?
In my obsessed enthusiasm, I both e-mailed and sent a PM, back on FCBD.
It is my true hope that this letter would be published; I do not want to cowa-bungle my endeavour by sending another letter in the same month if this initial letter will be printed.
Conversely, if it was not selected, I’d love the opportunity to begin drafting a new letter so that I may re-try.
Very grateful for your direction.
Thankyou in advance, Mr Curnow.
Your Fan,

Kevin
playmate is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2017, 01:36 PM   #1905
ChosenOne
Banned

Have you considered the idea of a Turtles in Space arc/mini in the years ahead, or do you feel that Dimension X is essentially just that by another name and that it exhausts the possibilities of such a concept?

Is Maligna making her appearance in the ongoing or in Dimension X?
ChosenOne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2017, 03:58 PM   #1906
Bobby Curnow
Official TMNT Staff/Cast

Quote:
Originally Posted by playmate View Post
Sir, may I please ask if you received my Ninja Note?
In my obsessed enthusiasm, I both e-mailed and sent a PM, back on FCBD.
It is my true hope that this letter would be published; I do not want to cowa-bungle my endeavour by sending another letter in the same month if this initial letter will be printed.
Conversely, if it was not selected, I’d love the opportunity to begin drafting a new letter so that I may re-try.
Very grateful for your direction.
Thankyou in advance, Mr Curnow.
Your Fan,

Kevin
Yep, think I got you Kevin. Thanks!
Bobby Curnow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2017, 03:59 PM   #1907
Bobby Curnow
Official TMNT Staff/Cast

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChosenOne View Post
Have you considered the idea of a Turtles in Space arc/mini in the years ahead, or do you feel that Dimension X is essentially just that by another name and that it exhausts the possibilities of such a concept?

Is Maligna making her appearance in the ongoing or in Dimension X?
Dimension X is essentially that, but doesn't mean we won't see more space adventures in the future.

As for Maligna, you'll at least see her on the cover for #74. Beyond that, i'm mum!
Old 05-22-2017, 04:10 PM   #1908
ChosenOne
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bobby Curnow View Post
Dimension X is essentially that, but doesn't mean we won't see more space adventures in the future.

As for Maligna, you'll at least see her on the cover for #74. Beyond that, i'm mum!
Thanks! I went back and forth on whether I should ask about her first appearance specifically, before I posted that, since I got the impression that the art we've seen of her (and the Neutrino flying car, etc.) was from the ongoing (and it very likely is) so your answer is just perfect!

Maligna was my most wanted character in the IDW mix after Bishop, now I can die happy.
ChosenOne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2017, 05:33 PM   #1909
Bobby Curnow
Official TMNT Staff/Cast

The ongoing and Dimension X are pretty connected, so that's why i'm being evasive! Glad we got some of your favs!
Old 05-22-2017, 07:00 PM   #1910
playmate
Foot Soldier

Half-shelled, whole-hearted thanks, Mr Curnow!

Sir, repeat thanks for the rapid reply, and even more for your kind consideration.
My gratitude is like Sharpie marker ink; permanent!
Please be positive that I did not wish for my question to sound too forwards; nor did I want repeat submissions to negate the original entry.
May I please ask which in issue # I can look forward to reading my Ninja Note?
(*I’d love to contact my local comic shop so that I can reserve an additional issue for my son).
An open channel of communication via this thread is surreal; I really appreciate your presence here in the Technodrome, and the frequent insight you offer us fans.
Sir, I wish you a Radical ‘World Turtle Day’ tomorrow, and a Super Event next Friday at the SDCAG.
Mr Eastman and Mr Sakai; signing at the Gallery – more awesome than a set of Playmates 1988, unpunched, mint on card TMNT action figures (with the fan club flyer inserts)!
COWABUNGA!
Your Fan,

Kevin
Old 05-22-2017, 10:35 PM   #1911
Bobby Curnow
Official TMNT Staff/Cast

I think #71? Maybe 70, I did them both recently, so could have it jumbled.
Old 05-23-2017, 08:12 PM   #1912
Donnie
Something from the Past

Hi Mr. Curnow,

Does IDW offer any opportunities for artists to submit variant cover submissions for TMNT? Although I am not an artist, I know from working on fan projects here that the Technodrome is full of talented artists.

Thank you for your time,
Matthew

Last edited by Donnie; 05-23-2017 at 09:42 PM.
Donnie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2017, 07:16 PM   #1913
playmate
Foot Soldier

Cool Beans, Mr Curnow!

Sir, thank you for your Turtle Tips; I’ll keep my eyes peeled in #70, then #71.
Bonus Pizza Points to Mr Waltz and yourself for shellebrating World Turtle Day with a present for us fans; it’s always a gift to check out new videos, live from the IDW Dojo!
And, very grateful for the toad-ally awesome continuation of "Toad Baron’s Ball"; Universe # 10 was a fantastic read.
‘Campbell, Curnow & Tunica’ are indeed a Turtle Powerful trio!!
I sincerely hope to read more tales you’ve penned when you next feel inspired to write.
Your Fan,

Kevin
Old 05-25-2017, 10:52 AM   #1914
Bobby Curnow
Official TMNT Staff/Cast

Quote:
Originally Posted by Donnie View Post
Hi Mr. Curnow,

Does IDW offer any opportunities for artists to submit variant cover submissions for TMNT? Although I am not an artist, I know from working on fan projects here that the Technodrome is full of talented artists.

Thank you for your time,
Matthew
Not really. Opening up that sort of door can be tricky, as we get too many submissions to be able to properly respond to.
Old 05-25-2017, 01:10 PM   #1915
Donnie
Something from the Past

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bobby Curnow View Post
Not really. Opening up that sort of door can be tricky, as we get too many submissions to be able to properly respond to.
Thank you for your reply. I understand. I'm wondering, is there any chance you would consider holding a cover contest with a limited time frame for submissions? Or perhaps, just a Drome-exclusive contest? Just throwing ideas around. I know artists here would jump at the chance to draw today's official comic TMNT!
Donnie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2017, 09:48 AM   #1916
neatoman
Emperor

So, Chris Johnson's Ace Duck, how does he look? I know we can see Nick Pitarra's Ace on the cover but that's not necessarily what Johnson draws him like. Does his design come closer to Lawson's, the toy or Nickelodeon's?

Spoiler:

Hahahaha!
neatoman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2017, 10:41 AM   #1917
Bobby Curnow
Official TMNT Staff/Cast

Quote:
Originally Posted by Donnie View Post
Thank you for your reply. I understand. I'm wondering, is there any chance you would consider holding a cover contest with a limited time frame for submissions? Or perhaps, just a Drome-exclusive contest? Just throwing ideas around. I know artists here would jump at the chance to draw today's official comic TMNT!
No, no time for that i'm afraid. And to be honest i've got a long list of covers in inventory, so it's not something i'm in need of.
Old 05-26-2017, 10:42 AM   #1918
Bobby Curnow
Official TMNT Staff/Cast

Quote:
Originally Posted by neatoman View Post
So, Chris Johnson's Ace Duck, how does he look? I know we can see Nick Pitarra's Ace on the cover but that's not necessarily what Johnson draws him like. Does his design come closer to Lawson's, the toy or Nickelodeon's?

You'll have to wait and see!
Old 05-27-2017, 07:49 PM   #1919
TurtleWA
Foot Elite

Have you heard about the new TMNT Animated series starting in 2018?
Could we expect to see comics related to this new series?
Old 05-28-2017, 06:58 AM   #1920
Sabacooza
Mad Scientist

Hey Bobby. I hope you're doing well. I have a quote below from a guy my friend knows. Maybe you can set the record straight.

"Forecast shows that the sales on Universe Isn't doing well and the regular series isn't doing any better which is a big disappointment. IDW has renewed but it's only up to the end of next year I believe and if this series continues to dip, they're gonna end up dropping the entire property."

I call B.S. on this and personally feel the series is doing great but I wanted to hear what you have to say about it.

Thanks Bobby.
Sabacooza is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
bobby curnow, idw, idw's tmnt, questions, tom waltz