The Technodrome Forums

Go Back   The Technodrome Forums > General Forums > General Discussion > Current Events

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 10-27-2017, 05:22 PM   #161
MsMarvelDuckie
I Married a Duck!

Location: The bowels of Hell, Texas(otherwise known as Decatur)
Ooh Maiden!! You guys are "playing my song", lol! I saw them in 2013 as well, in Dallas. Alice wasn't opening for them here, unfortunately, but it was a great first metal concert for me. Mr D is a big fan of them and we both picked up shirts at the concert. He has even gone so far as to buy a couple of the Necco Eddie figs and he has a huge banner of him on our bedroom wall.

"Where Science ends, magic begins." -Spiral, Uncanny X-Men #491

My various stories and fan-fics are now here-

https://m.fanfiction.net/u/4770494/#end
Old 10-27-2017, 11:57 PM   #162
dl316bh
Stone Warrior

Quote:
Originally Posted by MsMarvelDuckie View Post
Ooh Maiden!! You guys are "playing my song", lol! I saw them in 2013 as well, in Dallas. Alice wasn't opening for them here, unfortunately, but it was a great first metal concert for me. Mr D is a big fan of them and we both picked up shirts at the concert. He has even gone so far as to buy a couple of the Necco Eddie figs and he has a huge banner of him on our bedroom wall.
It was actually 2012 for me. Maybe that's why. July 16th show at Corfu in the Darien Lake Performing Arts Center. 2013 would have been the second/third leg of the Maiden England World Tour, so I'm not surprised the opening act changed by then.

Shame, too, because Alice Cooper is worth seeing. Dude still puts on a show, with all the props and stuff you expect, from the Frankenstein stuff to bringing out the snake for No More Mr. Nice Guy. It was a great bonus for me, because I was there to see Maiden, but I like Cooper, and his live show is worth seeing. If Alice Cooper comes around, I'd say go see him.

I got a poster and shirt from the event. They had a lot of variants, themes around cover art from earlier Maiden albums. I went with the Somewhere in Time one, because that's one of my favorites of theirs, though it's often overlooked when people talk about their best in favor of the first three with Bruce.

Quote:
Iron Maiden are a curious case. They're known as a band that makes not great albums but great songs. All Maiden albums post-Killers have filler songs in it. Not that many of those songs are bad at all, mind you.
That's weird to me, because I feel like they're a band that doesn't have a lot of filler songs during their best periods, or ones I don't really love. I mean, Piece of Mind, sure, that might actually be the classic Maiden album I'm coldest on, but Powerslave, Somewhere in Time and Seventh Son of a Seventh Son don't have a single bad track on them. Number of the Beast has Gangland, but otherwise that one is all killer, no filler too.

Quote:
The X Factor, his other album, is actually pretty underrated. man on the Edge is a great song, imo.
I'll agree with that. X Factor actually had a lot of great songs and Blaze did alright with them. Probably would have been much better with Bruce, but hey, it is what it is. Lord of the Flies, Sign of the Cross and Man on the Edge alone make it worth it. But Virtual XI was garbage. The only album of theirs I almost entirely dislike.

Quote:
Some of the more recent Maiden albums haven't been that great but they're not terrible by any means, imo.
Of the five since they reunited with Bruce, I'm only iffy on Dance of Death. That one has some classics on it, but it also has a few that are a big self indulgent and even eye rolling when you actually read the lyrics (New Frontier is such "worrying about tampering in Gods domain" goofiness, even if it's catchy). But Dance of Death, Paschendale and Journeyman make it all worth it.

The other, though, I don't know. Brave New World and The Final Frontier are, in my opinion, on par with their best, with The Final Frontier so good that even the one song I listen to the least - El Dorado - is still really good. A Matter of Life and Death isn't far behind.

Book of Souls I could understand if you're not wild about, though. I like it, but found it to be a grower and a little overlong. That's sometimes the problem with double albums. It's really, really hard to keep two discs worth of new material great the whole way through. Judas Priest almost pulled it off with Nostradamus, but it lost some steam with Shadows of the Flame through New Beginnings before it closed out strong.

Quote:
Ah the first two Maiden albums are very punk rockish.
Hell yes they are. I love those albums to pieces, but I don't bring them up a lot, because they're pretty different to what comes, being more of a punk metal vibe. Di'Anno was a great vocalist and probably could have been huge if he got his act together after Maiden canned him.

Quote:
Also, let's face it, Ozzy has never been a world class vocalist.
I agree on Ozzy. He has a very distinct voice and was perfect for the vibe of Sabbath, but as an overall vocalist I've never thought of him as being particularly great. He had some good songs as a solo act, but was always an artist I cherry pick from in those years, as I don't love most of his albums all the way through.
Old 10-30-2017, 11:14 AM   #163
Autbot_Benz
Hellblazer

Manafort and Papadopoulos are going down they are Muller's First of many

Papadopoulos lied to the fbi about russia

https://www.nbcnews.com/news/us-news...m_npd_nn_tw_ma

Manafort

https://www.nytimes.com/2017/10/30/u...-indicted.html

Last edited by Autbot_Benz; 10-30-2017 at 11:41 AM.
Old 10-30-2017, 11:28 AM   #164
Andrew NDB
Weed Whacker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Autbot_Benz View Post
Manafort and Papadopoulos are going down they are Muller's First victims
If he's got other victims lined up in the queue, wouldn't it behoove him to get them all in one fell swoop?

There's a lot of silence from a whole lot of people who were very loudly waiting like kids on Christmas Eve to wake up today seeing Trump in handcuffs.
Old 10-30-2017, 11:31 AM   #165
plastroncafe
PerfectlyTunedFightEngine

Quote:
Originally Posted by Andrew NDB View Post
If he's got other victims lined up in the queue, wouldn't it behoove him to get them all in one fell swoop?

There's a lot of silence from a whole lot of people who were very loudly waiting like kids on Christmas Eve to wake up today seeing Trump in handcuffs.
These people aren't victims.
And the day ain't over yet.

I know this, because the deafening cacophony of BUTTERY EMAILS! as gone from 11 to 12.
So your wants and needs as a fan should outweigh everyone else's?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sabacooza View Post
There's no sense catering just to one demographic which is idiotic.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vegita-San View Post
just ignore what you don't like rather than obsessing over it and move on with your life.
Old 10-30-2017, 12:16 PM   #166
ProphetofGanja
Dub Professor

Quote:
Originally Posted by dl316bh View Post
I agree on Ozzy. He has a very distinct voice and was perfect for the vibe of Sabbath, but as an overall vocalist I've never thought of him as being particularly great. He had some good songs as a solo act, but was always an artist I cherry pick from in those years, as I don't love most of his albums all the way through.
True, for sure. But Ozzy was as representative of Sabbath as David Lee Roth was of the good years of Van Halen, and although Dio's a great singer, I don't want to hear him on a Black Sabbath track; if I want to hear Dio I'll just go listen to Rainbow in the Dark or Holy Diver.

But now that I mention Van Halen I'm going to go listen to Running with the Devil

Quote:
Originally Posted by Autbot_Benz View Post
Manafort and Papadopoulos are going down they are Muller's First of many

Papadopoulos lied to the fbi about russia

https://www.nbcnews.com/news/us-news...m_npd_nn_tw_ma

Manafort

https://www.nytimes.com/2017/10/30/u...-indicted.html
I'm very curious as to how this will unfold
Old 10-30-2017, 03:49 PM   #167
dl316bh
Stone Warrior

Quote:
He's looking for more information. He already got one to flip. Manafort and Gates are holding out so far, but we'll see what happens when they're staring down the barrel of something like a decade in federal prison. Hell, it's the same process as Nixon; they didn't exactly go after the man himself for a year and a half, two years, instead pinching several of his high-ups in the administration. It's an opening salvo.

"Victims" is a weird way to describe these guys.

Quote:
Anyone who thought that was happening today deluded themselves. These things take time, especially when you're dealing with something as heavy as White House involvement. You don't just go and arrest or indict the President unless you're sure about everything. It's not some minor deal you can take lightly.

But people are wide and varied, so naturally some people were gonna kid themselves.

Quote:
True, for sure. But Ozzy was as representative of Sabbath as David Lee Roth was of the good years of Van Halen, and although Dio's a great singer, I don't want to hear him on a Black Sabbath track; if I want to hear Dio I'll just go listen to Rainbow in the Dark or Holy Diver.
I think I'm just more receptive to replacement singers. I thought Dio was fine in Sabbath. I mean, the man's a better overall vocalist. But I'll also agree that it doesn't sound as much like Sabbath without Ozzy. But on the other hand, there are a ton of awesome tracks from the Dio years. I don't know. I like both eras.
Old 10-30-2017, 03:51 PM   #168
Andrew NDB
Weed Whacker

Quote:
Originally Posted by plastroncafe View Post
These people aren't victims.
Quote:
Originally Posted by dl316bh View Post
"Victims" is a weird way to describe these guys.
I was just quoting Autbot_Benz. He's edited his post now, though.
Old 10-30-2017, 03:56 PM   #169
plastroncafe

Quote:
Ah, mea culpa.
Quote:
Quote:
just ignore what you don't like rather than obsessing over it and move on with your life.
Old 10-30-2017, 03:57 PM   #170
dl316bh
Stone Warrior

Quote:
Gotcha. Sorry, man. It just struck me as weird. I skimmed Autobot_Benz's post because I saw the links and already read about what went down today anyway, so even if he hadn't edited, I admit I probably wouldn't have seen that.
Old 11-15-2017, 10:52 AM   #171
Andrew NDB
Weed Whacker

Articles of impeachment are being introduced against Trump by a congressman!

http://komonews.com/news/nation-worl...resident-trump

It's not like any congressman has ever said this before...

http://freebeacon.com/politics/gop-c...eaching-trump/

http://people.com/politics/keith-ell...gations-trump/

http://www.worldstarhiphop.com/video...VUtwhIKa81sOyL

What happened to all of those guys, anyway? I'm genuinely curious.
Old 01-02-2018, 02:09 PM   #172
Andrew NDB
Weed Whacker

Now democrats need "more information" before seeking impeachment? What happened to the tightening noose, the congressmen writing the articles of impeachment, all of that stuff? Very confusing.

http://thehill.com/homenews/house/36...mp-impeachment
Old 01-17-2018, 10:17 AM   #173
Andrew NDB
Weed Whacker

So it seems like... Trump is perfectly healthy? Whaaat?

https://www.theguardian.com/us-news/...P=share_btn_tw
Old 01-17-2018, 01:54 PM   #174
dl316bh
Stone Warrior

Quote:
So it seems like... Trump is perfectly healthy? Whaaat?
I'm not calling "coverup" or anything - whatever, doctor says he's fine, I imagine he's twenty times more credible than The Dude - but I have a hard time swallowing the idea that a man who eats like an asshole the way he does and apparently barely exercises is anything resembling perfectly healthy. If most of us ate the way he did we'd keel over. Must be another one of those "life's not fair" deals.
Old 01-17-2018, 01:58 PM   #175
plastroncafe

I'd imagine that the Doctor can't make a public statement that says otherwise, given that this would be a violation of HIPAA.

At least for now, anyway.
Quote:
Quote:
Old 01-17-2018, 03:06 PM   #176
Candy Kappa
The Agenda of Existing

Donald weighs less then 110kg? Yeeeeaaaaaah, sure.
Old 01-17-2018, 03:54 PM   #177
Prowler
Emperor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Candy Kappa View Post
He's still 40 kilos heavier than I am.
Old 01-17-2018, 05:58 PM   #178
TurtleWA
Foot Elite

Quote:
Originally Posted by Candy Kappa View Post
I think it sounds about right for age and height. Even sounds a little on the unhealthy side considering it’s likely not much muscle weight at that age but mostly fat.

Last edited by TurtleWA; 01-17-2018 at 06:05 PM.
Old 01-18-2018, 03:09 AM   #179
Candy Kappa
The Agenda of Existing

By all means, donald might be lighter then he looks. But I'd peg him for closer to 130-40kg when seeing photos of him.
Old 01-18-2018, 07:34 AM   #180
plastroncafe

It's an awkward position to be in, when there are so many fat shaming jokes to make about a fat shaming person, when fat shaming is wrong.

Sigh.
Quote:
Quote:
Closed Thread

Tags
andrew likes tags