The Technodrome Forums

Go Back   The Technodrome Forums > General Forums > General Discussion > TV and Movies

Notices

Old 04-25-2017, 10:50 AM   #1
Autbot_Benz
Hellblazer

DC Universe Streaming Service Live Action Titans and Young Justice

DC Digital Service To Launch With ‘Titans’ Series From Greg Berlanti & Akiva Goldsman And ‘Young Justice: Outsiders’

EXCLUSIVE: Warner Bros is making a big move in digital with one of its flagship brands. Warner Bros and DC Entertainment are behind a new, DC-branded service that will debut in 2018 with two high-profile comic book-themed original TV series: the live-action Titans, from the king of the CW DC universe Greg Berlanti, Akiva Goldsman, Geoff Johns, Sarah Schechter and Warner Bros TV, and the anticipated revival of cult animated series Young Justice, from Warner Bros Animation. It will be titled Young Justice: Outsiders.

The DC-branded direct-to-consumer digital platform, in the works for the past several months, marks the second major new service launched by Warner Bros Digital Networks — the division started last year with the mandate of building WB-owned digital and OTT video services — following the recently introduced animation-driven Boomerang. The DC-branded platform is expected to offer more than a traditional OTT service; it is designed as an immersive experience with fan interaction and will encompass comics as well as TV series.

Titans, written by Goldsman (Star Trek: Discovery, Underground), DC Entertainment president & chief creative officer Johns (The Flash, Arrow) and Berlanti (Arrow, DC’s Legends Of Tomorrow, The Flash, Supergirl), explores one of the most popular comic book teams ever. It follows a group of young soon-to-be superheroes recruited from every corner of the DC Universe. In the action-adventure series, Dick Grayson emerges from the shadows to become the leader of a fearless band of new heroes that includes Starfire, Raven and others.

Goldsman, Johns and Berlanti Prods’ Berlanti and Schechter (Arrow, DC’s Legends Of Tomorrow, The Flash, Supergirl) executive produce Titans, from Weed Road Pictures and Berlanti Productions in association with Warner Bros Television.

A live-action Titans was originally ordered as a pilot by Warner Bros TV sibling TNT in 2014, with Goldsman writing the adaptation alongside Marc Haimes. The regime change at TNT put the project in limbo, and it ultimately did not go forward.

WBTV and DC then brought Titans under the purview of Berlanti, who oversees all four DC/WBTV superhero drama series on the CW as well as the CW Seed DC animated series Constantine. Berlanti teamed for what is a new take on the Titans characters with Goldsman and Johns, who also co-wrote The Flash pilot with Berlanti and Andrew Kreisberg. There was stong interest in the project from outside, including from an SVOD provider, but Warner Bros opted to make the show a cornerstone of the new DC digital service.

In Young Justice: Outsiders, the teenage superheroes of the DC Universe come of age in an animated world of superpowers, super villains and super secrets. In the new season, the team faces its greatest challenge as it takes on meta-human trafficking and the terrifying threat it creates for a society caught in the crossfire of a genetic arms race spanning the globe and the galaxy.

Sam Register (Teen Titans Go!) is executive producing. The show’s creators Brandon Vietti and Greg Weisman are producers; with the series’ Phil Bourassa also returning to serve as art director.

Praised by critics and DC fans for its impressive visuals and rich storytelling, Young Justice aired for two seasons on Cartoon Network, from 2010-2013, before it was cancelled, triggering a crowdfunding effort to bring it back. The series won a primetime Emmy for Individual Achievement in Animation for Bousassa for the “Independence Day” episode in 2011.

Following months of speculation, Warner Bros Animation last November announced it has begun production on a third season of all-new episodes. At the time there was no network, with the series testing the marketplace, and was rumored as a possibility for Netflix, which carries the existing two seasons of Young Justice. But Warner Bros decided to run Young Justice: Outsiders on the new DC platform.

Titans marks the first live-action series in the digital space for DC Entertainment, which has seven broadcast series on the air, Supergirl, Arrow, Flash, DC’s Legends Of Tomorrow and iZombie on the CW, and Gotham and Lucifer on Fox.

The use of established titles with strong fan following like Titans and Young Justice to jump-start the new DC-branded service is reminiscent of CBS’ bet on a new Star Trek series and a Good Wife spinoff, The Good Fight, for its CBS All Access as new platforms aften rely on built-in awareness and name recognition to stand out in the competitive digital space.

http://deadline.com/2017/04/dc-digit...rs-1202076831/

I am getting sick of all these streaming services

Last edited by Autbot_Benz; 05-14-2018 at 02:52 PM.
Autbot_Benz is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2017, 12:49 PM   #2
blindturtle02
Foot Elite

So do we have to have cable and to list our provider in order to use this thing? If this is similar to FXNOW and Simpsons World, then I guess I'm SOL for cutting the cord.
Old 04-25-2017, 02:28 PM   #3
Cure
Y'all need Jesus

Quote:
Originally Posted by blindturtle02 View Post
So do we have to have cable and to list our provider in order to use this thing? If this is similar to FXNOW and Simpsons World, then I guess I'm SOL for cutting the cord.
I don't think so. That's for streaming services tied to TV networks. I think this is its own streaming thing, like WWE Network or Crunchyroll.
Old 04-25-2017, 02:43 PM   #4
TheSkeletonMan939
A New Day, A New Headache

I don't like the practice, but I'm happy to pay for it since I imagine it was a big factor in getting Young Justice revived.
TheSkeletonMan939 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2017, 03:46 PM   #5
Raph's Girl
Dierna Soul, Reporter

Ah the ever expanding Berlanti-verse. We need a Berlanti show on Fridays! Unless that's where Black Lightning will be??

So Berlanti shows:
Arrow
Flash
LOT
Supergirl
Riverdale
Black Lightning
Titans

Now to see who they cast as the various Titans.
Old 04-25-2017, 05:48 PM   #6
Autbot_Benz
Hellblazer

seems a lot of other peeps on twitter are annoyed and don't want another streaming service. YJ Season 3 should have been on Netflix if you ask me.

The only good thing about this is Titans won't be on the god awful CW. so This show won't suffer from those obnoxious Shippers .
Old 04-25-2017, 06:01 PM   #7
TheSkeletonMan939

Quote:
Originally Posted by Autbot_Benz View Post
YJ Season 3 should have been on Netflix if you ask me.
But I think that YJ was only renewed for the sake of this streaming service. Didn't you think it was a little weird that WB suddenly announced they were producing a third season out of the blue, when toy sales were always unfavorable? Producing a single episode costs hundreds of thousands of dollars, plus marketing and whatever else; WB isn't doing this just to be nice.
DC wanted a new streaming platform and knew that it wouldn't last a day without some seriously intriguing content on it. YJ season 3 was a perfect candidate, especially after last year's big Netflix hullabaloo.
Old 04-25-2017, 06:18 PM   #8
Autbot_Benz
Hellblazer

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheSkeletonMan939 View Post
But I think that YJ was only renewed for the sake of this streaming service. Didn't you think it was a little weird that WB suddenly announced they were producing a third season out of the blue, when toy sales were always unfavorable? Producing a single episode costs hundreds of thousands of dollars, plus marketing and whatever else; WB isn't doing this just to be nice.
DC wanted a new streaming platform and knew that it wouldn't last a day without some seriously intriguing content on it. YJ season 3 was a perfect candidate, especially after last year's big Netflix hullabaloo.
ya seemed odd the showrunners kept telling us to watch it on netflix to show that people want it back and poof its not going to be on netflix
Old 04-25-2017, 06:24 PM   #9
TheSkeletonMan939

It's not like the showrunners had any clue DC was planning this streaming thing. All they wanted was for the show's popularity to be proven (or, if Netflix ratings were low, be disproven). Where the show ended up was out of their hands.
Old 04-25-2017, 06:26 PM   #10
Autbot_Benz
Hellblazer

Its like I said I will watch YJ S3 on cartoon sites when they get uploaded. I just hope Titans doesn't suck.
Old 04-25-2017, 09:03 PM   #11
sdp
-

This is cool but I really can't justify having a DC Network on my monthly bills unless it's ridiculously cheap like less than $5. I guess we're really going a la carte with online streaming in the near future. ;(
sdp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2017, 09:47 PM   #12
Redeemer
Technodrome Technician

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheSkeletonMan939 View Post
Didn't you think it was a little weird that WB suddenly announced they were producing a third season out of the blue, when toy sales were always unfavorable? Producing a single episode costs hundreds of thousands of dollars, plus marketing and whatever else; WB isn't doing this just to be nice.
Toy Sales for Young Justice where actually good. The problem was that Young Justice Toys were tied to the Green Lantern toy line as a packaged deal. When the Green Lantern Toys tanked it killed the deal. - This was how it was explained by the voice actor for Aqualad.
You don't revive a unprofitable or failing show to support a new streaming service. You are right though they are not doing this to be nice only for profit.
Redeemer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2017, 05:27 PM   #13
TurtleTitan97
Space Cowboy

Filming for Titans will start on September 25th: http://omegaunderground.com/2017/06/...ember-atlanta/

TurtleTitan97 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2017, 05:45 PM   #14
TurtleTitan97
Space Cowboy

Character breakdowns for Nightwing, Raven, Starfire, and apparently Beast Boy: https://www.comicbookmovie.com/teen_...embers-a151890

Quote:
[John Crossland ]Male, late 20s-early 30s, Caucasian. Equal parts charm and impenetrability, John is a cop. He has a nice smile, tired eyes and a cool, distant manner. However, when provoked, his eyes are so lethal “they drain a man of every last bit of spleen.” John is haunted by the murder of his family. Unbeknownst to those around him, he is also a vigilante. In the shadows, he fights with the commitment and conviction of an artist, the brutal grace of a dancer. Mentally and physically, he is covered in a map of scars. And though he fights to escape his past, it is often a losing battle…SERIES LEAD

[SARAH] Female, Mid teens, Open Ethnicity. Troubled, bullied, often scared but unwilling to show it, Sarah is a loner more comfortable hiding in her hoodie than making friends. Haunted by a dark force inside her, Sarah experiences violent episodes that she cannot understand or control. She is also plagued by recurring nightmares that lead her across the country in search of help…SERIES REGULAR

[Casey Female, 20s, Open ethnicity. Casey is a tall, stunning woman, her beauty so magnificent it’s almost inhuman. Elegant, refined and mysterious, she is on the hunt to discover who is trying to kill her and why. And those after her are in for a surprise because she’s more deadly than anyone they’ve ever encountered…SERIES REGULAR

[JAX] Male, Mid-late teens, Open Ethnicity, Asian preferred. Funny and charming, this amateur thief’s humor hides his insecurities and past pain. Not the toughest kid on the streets, he’s learned to survive in the world with his wit and quick-thinking…SERIES REGULAR

TurtleTitan97 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2017, 07:06 PM   #15
CylonsKlingonsDaleksOhMy
Annalist

Is this going to be CW? Because if so, sigh.

But otherwise... interested. The more Batman mythology they cram in there, the better. (Unlike Arrow.)
Old 06-19-2017, 07:13 PM   #16
Cure
Y'all need Jesus

Quote:
Originally Posted by CylonsKlingonsDaleksOhMy View Post
Is this going to be CW? Because if so, sigh.
I thought the title and original post of the thread were pretty clear as to where this is airing.
Old 06-19-2017, 07:19 PM   #17
Coola Yagami
Overlord

No thanks. If I care enough I'll eventually get it on a season set or something.

Check out my blog for Comic Reviews and other things. https://markepicblogofrandomness.blogspot.com/
I also started The AEW Crew, the All Elite Wrestling Fan Club! https://www.facebook.com/groups/637508120044168/
Coola Yagami is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2017, 07:21 PM   #18
CylonsKlingonsDaleksOhMy
Annalist

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cure View Post
I thought the title and original post of the thread were pretty clear as to where this is airing.
My bad, you're right.

Hope it does well. I suppose they'll have to stay away from using established CW characters like a Kid Flash or Speedy. What about Aqualad? He's a thing, right?
Old 08-03-2017, 05:33 PM   #19
Autbot_Benz
Hellblazer

Raven has been cast she will be played by 13 year old actress Australian newcomer Teagan Croft

https://deadline.com/2017/08/titans-...es-1202142006/
Old 08-03-2017, 07:28 PM   #20
CyberCubed
Overlord

Raven is only 13? WTF? Isn't that a little young?
CyberCubed is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
cubed is an idiot, cuck everlasting, cybercubedtheklansman, cybercubedtheracist, what the sjw, young cucktice