The Technodrome Forums

Go Back   The Technodrome Forums > General Forums > General Discussion > TV and Movies

Notices

Old 05-08-2015, 09:55 PM   #281
ssjup81
Foot Elite

Quote:
Originally Posted by Netkeeper View Post
Can we not feed the troll?
How is he being a troll? The movie was awful and I agree with Allio how bad it would be if they did that again. That was the problem with the dub movie, what he just said.
ssjup81 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2015, 10:03 PM   #282
Allio
Foot Elite

don't mind that person, Netkeeper is just very defensive about digimon...perhaps a bit too defensive at times (not saying I have my moments). I honestly couldn't care less if he like the dub or not.

also, because I have no originality

also, I like the theory that this Alphamon may not be a Royal Knight (since digimon partners and Royal Knights never really seem to correspond to the same universe. -Ie. No Royal Knights in Tamers which already has Dukemon)

that perhaps that this Alphamon belonged to the original group of chosen children, being to them as Omegamon is to the Adventure cast. kind of wishy washy, but not too bad.

Last edited by Allio; 05-09-2015 at 07:18 PM.
Allio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2015, 01:12 PM   #283
Netkeeper
tactical blackquill

Quote:
Originally Posted by ssjup81 View Post
How is he being a troll? The movie was awful and I agree with Allio how bad it would be if they did that again. That was the problem with the dub movie, what he just said.
He's being a troll because he bashes the dub whenever he gets a chance and when he doesn't have a chance he'll force one into the discussion where it doesn't belong. All with the knowledge that I prefer the dub. I prefer the dub of almost all anime, because I have disabilities and cannot read fast enough to enjoy subs.

So he just ***** on the dub all the ****ing time to seem like some sort of purist when he's really just a pain in the ass that needs to be stomped on by a mod.
Old 05-09-2015, 02:08 PM   #284
MikeandRaph87
Jedi Master

Why have they been promoting it like a new season if its a unique set up of six movies roughly 20 episodes length? Glad to see Tai and Matt again in any form. Not interested outside of Adventure. I am interested to see what villain(s) they will face. Any connection to Apoclaymon? Myotismon, Apoclaymon's creation already returned from the beyond in a second mega form so I would think if someone of his four lead villain sets it would not be him. Devimon is claimed to be the MarineDevimon seen for 30 seconds to warn Ken just before his redemption and even if it was he could be used again. Piedmon would be interesting as well. New villain(s) are welcome as well. Look forward to excellent characterization and see how the soul searching in Adventure 1/season 1 will pay off.
Old 05-09-2015, 06:18 PM   #285
Allio
Foot Elite

Old 07-31-2015, 09:52 AM   #286
Allio
Foot Elite

Old 07-31-2015, 09:55 AM   #287
Netkeeper
tactical blackquill

Now that is one attractive image.
Old 07-31-2015, 11:13 AM   #288
MikeandRaph87
Jedi Master

Who is rhst Omnimon is fighting?
Old 07-31-2015, 11:27 AM   #289
Allio
Foot Elite

Quote:
Originally Posted by MikeandRaph87 View Post
Who is rhst Omnimon is fighting?
Alphamon

in digi-mythos, he is the leader of the Royal knights (probably the strongest non-fused digimon) Omegamon fills in as the leader when he is not around.
Old 07-31-2015, 11:54 AM   #290
MikeandRaph87
Jedi Master

Not familar beyond season 3. Is this the big bad of season 4 or later season? We know Apoclaymon was not the first creature to form of negative energy behind the fire wall. Perhaps this is another? We know WarGreymon sealed tbe gates between our workd and the Digital World and Owekawa (sp? ) is its guardian. So it would be interesting to see how all of this is worked into it or around it.
Old 07-31-2015, 02:04 PM   #291
Allio
Foot Elite

Quote:
Originally Posted by MikeandRaph87 View Post
Not familar beyond season 3. Is this the big bad of season 4 or later season? We know Apoclaymon was not the first creature to form of negative energy behind the fire wall. Perhaps this is another? We know WarGreymon sealed tbe gates between our workd and the Digital World and Owekawa (sp? ) is its guardian. So it would be interesting to see how all of this is worked into it or around it.
Nah, Alphamon is essentially Digimon Messiah, only appearing when the world is in the gravest danger

he was also the protagonist of Digimon X-evolution, probably one of the best digimon anything.
Old 07-31-2015, 02:14 PM   #292
MikeandRaph87
Jedi Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by Allio View Post
Nah, Alphamon is essentially Digimon Messiah, only appearing when the world is in the gravest danger

he was also the protagonist of Digimon X-evolution, probably one of the best digimon anything.
It looks like from the image Omnimon is about to engage Alphamon in battle. I would not have thought he was an elite good Digimon.
Old 07-31-2015, 02:51 PM   #293
Allio
Foot Elite

that is how the royal knights work (outside of season 4)

They are the extreme heroes, if it means to protect the digital world, they will destroy another planet. "Sacrfice the thousands to save the millions" though since Alphamon is hardly around the other knights, he more than likely does not think along the same way.

Though what makes me ponder, does Alphamon come from the same digital world as Adventure

The Royal Knights are from the Digital world with Yggdrasil as it's god (this is essentially Bandai's main universe)

While by the rules, Adventure exists in the "Illiad's' digital world, whom has Homeostasis, the being that possessed Hikari, whom has the Olympus XII as it's guardians

So I wonder if Alphamon (if he is the Royal Knight) interference in the Adventure verse will cause the Olympus XII to get into the fray and than the war between the Royal Knights and Olympus XII starts (Bandai made mention of this earlier this year)

edit: had to look it up, it's Homeros not Homestasis

Last edited by Allio; 07-31-2015 at 03:43 PM.
Old 07-31-2015, 05:31 PM   #294
Leofan26
Mad Scientist

Is that real? Tai looks great in that promotional image, Matt I still need time to get used to. Seeing that graph of what they looked like over the years compared to this version, wow what a difference.

I'd say Joe / Mimi / Tai look the most close to the originals. Maybe Karai, every one else I wouldn't begin to tell who's who.
Leofan26 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2015, 08:44 AM   #295
MikeandRaph87
Jedi Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by Allio View Post
that is how the royal knights work (outside of season 4)

They are the extreme heroes, if it means to protect the digital world, they will destroy another planet. "Sacrfice the thousands to save the millions" though since Alphamon is hardly around the other knights, he more than likely does not think along the same way.

Though what makes me ponder, does Alphamon come from the same digital world as Adventure

The Royal Knights are from the Digital world with Yggdrasil as it's god (this is essentially Bandai's main universe)

While by the rules, Adventure exists in the "Illiad's' digital world, whom has Homeostasis, the being that possessed Hikari, whom has the Olympus XII as it's guardians

So I wonder if Alphamon (if he is the Royal Knight) interference in the Adventure verse will cause the Olympus XII to get into the fray and than the war between the Royal Knights and Olympus XII starts (Bandai made mention of this earlier this year)

edit: had to look it up, it's Homeros not Homestasis
Ok, now my head is spinning. There is a multiverse and each univerese has a separate digital world. There was that being who interupted Tai and Matt's scuffle to give them a history lesson. That tour guide is the divine being of Adventure's version of the Digital World. This Alphamon is the main divine being of another universe's Digital World, eho for an unknown reason is interfering in Adventure's version of the Digital World. Correct anything I may have picked up on wrong.
Old 08-01-2015, 10:25 AM   #296
Allio
Foot Elite

with out going into the complications of the Multi-verse of the anime/manga/Videogames. yes.

There are as of now, 5 known worlds.
Yggdrasill's Digital world (which seems to be the base world most incarnations use. This contains the Royal Knights, whom are it's guardians)
Illiad's Digital World (Homeros is it's god, with The Olympus XII as it's guardians)
Dark Zone Basically where the dark ocean coincides.
Witchelny this has digimon like MedievalDukemon
Never-everland this is the world of Petermon, Tinkermon, and Captainhookmon...and all the child digimon Petermon has kidnapped. Though this might be a pocket dimension.

I'm really hoping there is a 0Z and a Onederland world.

as for adventure itself, I am unsure about what world they are in...it just depends who was possessing Hikari. I want to say they aren't apart of "Yggdrasil's world" since their Omegamon/Magnamon aren't royal Knights.

Now as for Alphamon. No, he isn't a divine deity. He is one of the digimon closest to god, but still ranks lower than Yggdrasil (the actual god) the Arbitrators and Neo (The "digimon" not the human).

new trailer is out

Last edited by Allio; 08-01-2015 at 10:32 AM.
Old 08-01-2015, 09:56 PM   #297
ssjup81
Foot Elite

Cool trailer. Hope they show the 02 kids at some point.
ssjup81 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2015, 11:01 AM   #298
Leofan26
Mad Scientist

Why does it look like will be getting some Mimi x Joe relationship drama judging by the scenes from the trailer? If it wasn't for the ending of 02 you would have thought they'd have ended up together.

Poor Tai, he looks like he's in the middle of it and looks annoyed by it

I can't wait for these Ovas, I wish they did a season on instead
Leofan26 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2015, 11:53 AM   #299
MikeandRaph87
Jedi Master

The first part of the movie serial will be released in Japan on DVD for $60 USD. Talk about steep. In an age where season sets cost a mere $15 and that just one movie. Hope US info will roll out soon.
http://www.crunchyroll.com/anime-new...on-december-18
Old 08-16-2015, 04:31 PM   #300
Allio
Foot Elite

that is essentially basic japanese prices

Tags
digimon