The Technodrome Forums

Go Back   The Technodrome Forums > General Forums > General Discussion > TV and Movies

Notices

Old 11-13-2017, 12:10 AM   #201
DestronMirage22
Yukipedia

I’m not really convinced he’s right for the role, but we’ll see.
Also, that’s one weird cup. It has Solo and Chewbacca, Gamora, Deadpool and Domino, the guy from Fantastic Beasts, and Gnomeo and Juliet all together. Must be their way of promoting a bunch of upcoming films at once.
DestronMirage22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2017, 09:27 AM   #202
NinjaPug
Foot Elite

Quote:
Originally Posted by DestronMirage22 View Post
Also, that’s one weird cup. It has Solo and Chewbacca, Gamora, Deadpool and Domino, the guy from Fantastic Beasts, and Gnomeo and Juliet all together. Must be their way of promoting a bunch of upcoming films at once.
The Han image was photoshopped.

I still can't believe this thing is coming out in 6 months and we still haven't seen one official look at Alden as Han yet. Honestly I can't even believe this is still coming out in May when Ron Howard reshot 80% of the movie from July-October.
NinjaPug is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2017, 10:09 AM   #203
myconius
Abby Normal

Location: the grave marked "Unknown" right beside Arch Stanton.
Quote:
Originally Posted by CyberCubed View Post
He looks too much like a pretty boy. He's not scruffy looking.
true! but he does look a bit like a nerf herder.
Old 11-13-2017, 10:44 AM   #204
TigerClaw
Mutant Tiger

Some details about Paul Bettany's character in the Han Solo movie.
https://www.comicbookmovie.com/sci-f...racter-a155268

Paul Bettany revealed the first details of this character during a panel at Rhode Island Comic Con. When asked by a fan whether or not he could reveal the character's name the actor said, "I'm not sure. I might get sued is that answer to that one. I can't answer that. But obviously I am a very cool intergalactic gangster."
Old 12-21-2017, 12:29 PM   #205
TigerClaw
Mutant Tiger

It looks like the reshoots for the Han Solo movie were more then intended, also the movie seems to be more of a caper this time.
https://www.comicbookmovie.com/sci-f...tended-a156487

Quote:
In the latest issue of Total Film, Paul Bettany (who is playing an unnamed "gangster" character in the film) expressed his excitement to be a part of the franchise, saying the film is very different despite the familiar title character. "It's Han Solo's story, and of course his story would be a caper," Bettany told the magazine. "On one level it's a gangster movie. That's really interesting, because it's within the canon but really different. It's f***ing Han Solo! Suddenly, I'm an intergalactic gangster and I'm walking down some stairs and an R2 unit goes by with some champagne, and I'm like... [drops jaw] I had that feeling that I hadn't had since I was first on a film set - I was a little boy doing the best job in the world."

Bettany also had high praise for Ron Howard, who took over the film's directorial duties when original directors Phil Lord and Chris Miller were fired from the production last June. While it's been rumored for some time that Howard reshot most of the film, Bettany all but confirmed it in the interview.

“His staging ability is so f***ing brilliant,” Bettany said. “I think he went in and he was like a laser, working out what needed to be done when he looked at the footage. And then, as things moved on, everybody felt so secure with him. And they gave him more. He reshot a lot more than was originally intended.”
Old 12-25-2017, 07:21 PM   #206
TigerClaw
Mutant Tiger

Disney Apparently Expects ‘Solo: A Star Wars Story’ To Bomb
http://www.screengeek.net/2017/12/24...story-to-bomb/
Old 12-25-2017, 07:35 PM   #207
Vegita-San
Emperor

AHAHAHAHAHAHAHAH!

hhhhhuuuuuuuu....

HAHAHAAHAHAAAHAHAHAHA!!!

oh mercy..
Vegita-San is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-25-2017, 07:42 PM   #208
TigerClaw
Mutant Tiger

They probably saw a cut of the movie, and are thinking of writing it off.
Old 12-25-2017, 11:45 PM   #209
CyberCubed
Overlord

This is the only new Star Wars movie I really dislike the concept of to begin with. Unfortunately the movie is pretty much done (doesn't it release in May...only 5 months?), so there's no way to cancel it.

They should have planned out the Obi-wan solo film for 2018 instead. Would have been a much better fit.
CyberCubed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-26-2017, 01:34 AM   #210
dl316bh
Stone Warrior

Quote:
This is the only new Star Wars movie I really dislike the concept of to begin with. Unfortunately the movie is pretty much done (doesn't it release in May...only 5 months?), so there's no way to cancel it.
I don't know, it has competition. They want - or wanted, if this thing bombs who knows what happens - a Yoda solo film, as well as others. It was clear when they announced what they were planning they were pushing forward on the idea of making obscene amounts of cash, brand integrity be damned, even if it doesn't make sense to make a film out of any given thing. Still, it's up there.

They did this to themselves, but I don't think anyone will cry for them. A bomb for Star Wars is likely on a different level than a bomb for another film. They're probably getting their money back at minimum. They just won't make the crazy dollars they want or expect.

Quote:
They should have planned out the Obi-wan solo film for 2018 instead. Would have been a much better fit.
An Obi-Wan film feels like an equally silly idea. I mean, his story and life have been well covered and told even just in the material that's still canon (the films, Clone Wars and Rebels). Unless you want him to have a hermity adventure on the old sand planet I'm not sure what you can do, and even then, how do you make that particularly interesting on a "Star Wars" scale?
Old 12-26-2017, 02:52 AM   #211
Shark_Blade
Emperor

Quote:
Originally Posted by TigerClaw View Post
Can't wait for this trainwreck. I think their choice actor for Han is wack, there's other more credible options. But eh *shrug*
Shark_Blade is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-26-2017, 05:35 AM   #212
TigerClaw
Mutant Tiger

Quote:

It comes out on May 25, which to me is a miss opportunity, they should've moved the date to May 4th, which is actually Star Wars Day, but they put Avengers: Infinity War for May 4th.
Old 12-26-2017, 07:32 AM   #213
NinjaPug
Foot Elite

Quote:
Originally Posted by TigerClaw View Post
Awesome clickbait from Screen. Geek. Dot. Net.

I have hated the idea of this movie from the beginning but this is ridiculous. Lucasfilm increased Ron Howard's original workload because they liked what they saw from his dailies. He was originally brought in to film the last two weeks remaining of the original production and then oversee reshooting at a later date. He ended up filming continuously from July-end of October and reshot 80% of what Lord & Miller shot. You know Lucasfilm was very involved, probably at an extreme micro-management level, once Howard came on board. You think they'd keep throwing money at this if they didn't like what Howard was delivering and were expecting a bomb?

What would a bomb for a SW movie even look like from a box office perspective? Even if this has a $200 million budget it's probably breaking even from box office returns alone based on the SW name. That's forgetting about all the tie-in merchandise revenue it will generate as well.
Old 12-26-2017, 09:47 AM   #214
Andrew NDB
Weed Whacker

Quote:
Originally Posted by NinjaPug View Post
I have hated the idea of this movie from the beginning but this is ridiculous. Lucasfilm increased Ron Howard's original workload because they liked what they saw from his dailies.
Sort of. It sounds like they liked what they saw from his dailies, Howard himself pushed for reshooting more, and because they liked what they saw they acquiesced to his wishes.
Andrew NDB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-26-2017, 11:43 AM   #215
Vegita-San
Emperor

something found on redit. no idea the comics where bad too..
>>>>
In the new comics Han is just a cucked idiot who gets bossed around by Leia and his retconned black ex-wife Sana Starros, who constantly emasculate him and tell him to shut up all the time. He complies.

EDIT: . I just googled Sana and saw that they are going to make her the female lead in the new Han Solo movie. I got a bad feeling about that movie. It's gonna be ugly, people.>>>>>
Vegita-San is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-26-2017, 11:50 AM   #216
Andrew NDB
Weed Whacker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vegita-San View Post
>>>>
In the new comics Han is just a cucked idiot who gets bossed around by Leia and his retconned black ex-wife Sana Starros, who constantly emasculate him and tell him to shut up all the time. He complies.

EDIT: . I just googled Sana and saw that they are going to make her the female lead in the new Han Solo movie. I got a bad feeling about that movie. It's gonna be ugly, people.>>>>>
If one were to conspiracy theorize on this... the "Solo" movie might be Disney's way of retroactively pasteurizing the character of "Han Solo," making him as least offensive as humanly possible to any group anywhere in preparation for Han Solo plushies and "'Han Solo: The Ride' Coming to Disneyland!" and all that kind of fluff.
Old 12-26-2017, 11:57 AM   #217
CyberCubed
Overlord

Given I doubt this movie will get a sequel and Harrison Ford is too old (and killed off) now, I don't see why. They can't very well promote Han in anything outside comics/toys anyway.
CyberCubed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-26-2017, 12:25 PM   #218
dl316bh
Stone Warrior

Quote:
They can't very well promote Han in anything outside comics/toys anyway.
They never really did even when Lucas still had the franchise. I think part of it is because it's hard to replicate his charm without Harrison Ford. The other part is that all the really interesting stuff in his life was covered by the OT and the old EU stuff taking place after it. I think maybe you could have made a Wing Commander: Privateer style video game about his smuggling days but that's about it.
Old 12-26-2017, 12:53 PM   #219
Andrew NDB
Weed Whacker

Quote:
Originally Posted by dl316bh View Post
I think maybe you could have made a Wing Commander: Privateer style video game
Now there was a beast of a game.
Old 12-26-2017, 01:28 PM   #220
NinjaPug
Foot Elite

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vegita-San View Post
>>>>

Who is playing her in Solo? The lead actress in the movie is Emilia Clarke who is definitely not playing her.

Tags
autismawareness, cubedwannacracker, cuck solo, snake the true fan, snake vs tfa, snake vs the world, solo a sjw story