The Technodrome Forums

Go Back   The Technodrome Forums > TMNT Universes > Nick TMNT Cartoon Discussion

Notices

Old 02-21-2016, 08:47 PM   #1
Papenbrook
*The King of Nothing*

Coincidence...?

I have noticed something while rewatching all of the episodes that included the involvement of Timothy/Pulverizer/Mutagen Man. Somehow, Timothy had contact with some kind of vehicle. It seems suspicious...
- In "The Pulverizer", Timothy gets dragged by the Shellraiser, into the turtles' lair. Later on in the episode, he drives the Shellraiser.

- In "The Pulverizer Returns", Timothy runs into a vehicle (presumably a car) twice. In addition, he gets tied to a motorcycle. Once he gets mutated, the Pulverizer is placed on a motorcycle by the turtles.

- In "Mutagen Man Unleashed", Timothy knocks over some cars. Afterwards, he gets hit by a truck.
Do you think this is foreshadowing Timothy's fate, or is it some kind of running gag? Discuss below.

Last edited by Papenbrook; 02-20-2018 at 07:37 AM.
Papenbrook is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2016, 08:49 PM   #2
TurtleTitan97
Space Cowboy

You're overthinking it.

TurtleTitan97 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2016, 08:54 PM   #3
snake
Disgusting

I don't think this show is smart enough for that kind of foreshadowing.
snake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2016, 08:57 PM   #4
ToTheNines
[sic]

Who's Mutagen Man?
ToTheNines is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2016, 09:00 PM   #5
Utrommaniac
Resident overthinker

It would have suited Timothy's fate better if it came out that he would meet his doom by a vehicle. So, no.

It's not quite like how Grunkle Stan's "burning" was foreshadowed in Gravity Falls by effigies of him catching fire or melting, especially since he was a much more significant character than Timothy was.
Old 02-21-2016, 09:10 PM   #6
Papenbrook
*The King of Nothing*

Quote:
Originally Posted by ToTheNines View Post
Who's Mutagen Man?
Mutagen Man is Timothy and the Pulverizer.
Old 02-21-2016, 09:13 PM   #7
GoldMutant
Control Your Narrative

Or it's because they want to convey Timothy as both the Pulverizer and Mutagen Man as a klutzy individual. His joy of being a hero and desperation for acceptance leads to Timothy's "accidental" crashes. In addition, those two moments as a human were meant to get to the next scenes, as if a transition due to the situations (the crystal in The Pulverizer and escaping the explosive warehouse in The Pulverizer Returns!). Lastly, it's mostly slapstick at best with MM and the truck; also, be sure to be careful when crossing a street kids!

So, if you're suggesting he's going to be hit by a vehicle and die, I don't think the writers are going to be that cruel. No way a mutant or superhuman gets hit by a vehicle and dies, injured maybe but not killed. Sorry, but you are overthinking on the character, one at this point honestly has no resolution until otherwise.
Old 02-21-2016, 09:33 PM   #8
Powder
So tired of this place

Interesting coincidences, certainly, good catch. While it being foreshadowing is possible, I doubt that's the case.

I'm convinced that none of you have ever experienced joy
Powder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2016, 02:43 AM   #9
shuriken
Second City Shinobi

^^Maybe. But...
Quote:
Originally Posted by TurtleTitan97 View Post
You're overthinking it.
I agree with this guy.
Old 02-22-2016, 12:24 PM   #10
Splinter the boss
Stone Warrior

That is overthinking it. Why would they kill him? He hasn't done anything wrong.
He was just annoying, that's all.

"I am absolute, lower your head!"
Splinter the boss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2016, 02:52 PM   #11
Aaronardo
Mad Scientist

Quote:
Originally Posted by ToTheNines View Post
Who's Mutagen Man?
Me too.

Dude, this show isn't exactly as clever as Gravity Falls. Stop treating it like it is.
"The Biosites have almost finished healing my flesh." - Shredder
"Because we're takin' the heart and you're goin' to jail!" - Donatello
Aaronardo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2016, 08:18 PM   #12
TurFlytle
Stone Warrior

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aaronardo View Post
Me too.

Dude, this show isn't exactly as clever as Gravity Falls. Stop treating it like it is.
TBH, the writers ignore every plot point and never bring it up again because they forgot. I bet they'll never turn Timothy back considering he turned into a decoration. I wish he joined the Shredder like in the OT. I know Roger Craig Smith is busy at the moment, so why not get Seth Green?
TurFlytle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2016, 08:34 PM   #13
OrangeNinja1987
Foot Soldier

Quote:
Originally Posted by Papenbrook View Post
I noticed something while rewatching all the episodes that included the involvement of Timothy/Pulverizer/Mutagen Man. Somehow, Timothy had contact with some kind of vehicle. It seems suspicious...

- In "The Pulverizer", Timothy gets dragged by the Shellraiser, into the turtles' lair. Later on in the episode, he drives the Shellraiser.

- In "The Pulverizer Returns", Timothy runs into a vehicle (presumably a car) twice. In addition, he gets tied to a motorcycle. Once he gets mutated, the Pulverizer is placed on a motorcycle by the turtles.

- In "Mutagen Man Unleashed", Timothy knocks over some cars. Afterwards, he gets hit by a truck.

Do you think this is foreshadowing Timothy's fate, or is it some kind of running gag? Discuss below.
Vehicles are a common object that most of humanity interacts with on a daily basis. Are you saying it's anything "foreshadowed" or "alluded to" if someone drives their car to work and then the next day they ride the bus?
Is it more than a "coincidence" that the turtles drive their own cars but have also almost gotten hit by a car more than once (such as Raph in that episode with Spiderbytez). Does that mean they'll get hit by a car and die because their is some allusion in those two tiny, unimportant facts about them??
"Hey, he rode two vehicles! FOOOOREESHADOOOWWINNG!"
This has got to be the highest level of overthinking I've seen on this forum yet.

For TMNT art and more, check out OrangeNinja1987 on Deviantart! http://orangeninja1987.deviantart.com/
To help with a current TMNT project: http://forums.thetechnodrome.com/showthread.php?t=53441
Proud fan of the TMNT 2014 movie
OrangeNinja1987 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2016, 09:20 PM   #14
Powder
So tired of this place

Quote:
Originally Posted by TurFlytle View Post
TBH, the writers ignore every plot point and never bring it up again because they forgot.
Oh please, I'm so sick of seeing people say this. You don't just forget your body of work, & even if you could, there's no way it'd happen with how often they're harassed by obsessive fans who have no sense of boundaries & harp them about this kinda thing. I'm sure it's just been put on the back-burner for one reason or another, not forgotten.

Old 02-23-2016, 03:54 PM   #15
Aaronardo
Mad Scientist

Quote:
Originally Posted by Powder View Post
Oh please, I'm so sick of seeing people say this. You don't just forget your body of work, & even if you could, there's no way it'd happen with how often they're harassed by obsessive fans who have no sense of boundaries & harp them about this kinda thing. I'm sure it's just been put on the back-burner for one reason or another, not forgotten.
Come on, when was the last time you heard the word "Timothy" in this show? Last time I remember was a very brief scene in "The Invasion" almost two seasons ago. That's one hell of a back-burner.
"The Biosites have almost finished healing my flesh." - Shredder
"Because we're takin' the heart and you're goin' to jail!" - Donatello
Aaronardo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2016, 10:40 PM   #16
Powder
So tired of this place

There's no real reason to bring his name up other than to satisfy fans who think a thing that goes unmentioned is forgotten.

Old 02-24-2016, 09:28 AM   #17
srmff
Foot Soldier

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aaronardo View Post
Come on, when was the last time you heard the word "Timothy" in this show? Last time I remember was a very brief scene in "The Invasion" almost two seasons ago. That's one hell of a back-burner.
He was mentioned in season 3 episode 15 by Muckman. It was only a mention but they clearly haven't forgotten him.
srmff is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2016, 02:51 PM   #18
Papenbrook
*The King of Nothing*

You folks are right. Maybe I am overthinking it...
Old 10-08-2017, 09:44 AM   #19
Papenbrook
*The King of Nothing*

I just realized that the writers were trying to foreshadow Timothy's fate. His fate ... was being a tragically comical joke.

I don't think the writers were truly invested in exploring Timothy's character. The writers didn't even end his own arc. So, maybe all of his episodes were a metaphor for his fate, which was dying pointlessly.

That's ... comically tragic ...
Old 10-08-2017, 11:00 AM   #20
PApagreg
Mad Scientist

Quote:
Originally Posted by Powder View Post
You would be surprised, Akira Toriyama forgot about Launch in DBZ