The Technodrome Forums

Go Back   The Technodrome Forums > TMNT Universes > Rise of the TMNT Discussion

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 07-23-2017, 02:51 PM   #741
FearlessLeader
Mad Scientist

I'm just going to wait and see how it turns out. I feel like every time before a new show starts we have this reaction. I actually think we might have had some of this same conversations before the 2012 version premiered and everyone was speculating.

I'll check it out. If I like it I'll watch it, if I don't I won't. Freaking out about what-ifs for the next year won't help anything (even though I know that action is pretty much the foundation of discourse within fandom )

Artwork by Jim Lawson
Old 07-23-2017, 02:54 PM   #742
CyberCubed
Overlord

Well considering this will be our next TMNT cartoon for at least 5 years (unless it bombs completely), I'd hope it's decent.

Come to think of it that's probably the plan Nick has with TMNT cartoons going forward. Give every series 5 years, have it end, then do a reboot with a different creative team. I think each cartoon might have a 5 year run from now on, and then immediately get replaced with a new show after.
Old 07-23-2017, 02:58 PM   #743
biganimefan
Foot Soldier

Honestly, I'd be perfectly fine if Nick does something like that. Although I do hope at some point in the next decade or so they'll let at least one series be made and put on something like Netflix to appease the Mirage purists. I actually would love to see that too.
Old 07-23-2017, 03:05 PM   #744
Original TMNT Cartoon Fan
Overlord

Quote:
Originally Posted by CyberCubed View Post
Well considering this will be our next TMNT cartoon for at least 5 years (unless it bombs completely), I'd hope it's decent.

Come to think of it that's probably the plan Nick has with TMNT cartoons going forward. Give every series 5 years, have it end, then do a reboot with a different creative team. I think each cartoon might have a 5 year run from now on, and then immediately get replaced with a new show after.
I'm happy if we get two seasons. I'm afraid it will be cancelled if the toys don't sell well, especially since they probably will not be accompanied by any films.
Old 07-23-2017, 03:08 PM   #745
Coola Yagami
Overlord

Four teenage martial artists that were bitten by radioactive turtles.... and um.... their master sensei was caught in a gamma explosion while holding his pet rat....

Check out my blog for Comic Reviews and other things. https://markepicblogofrandomness.blogspot.com/
I also started The AEW Crew, the All Elite Wrestling Fan Club! https://www.facebook.com/groups/637508120044168/
Old 07-23-2017, 08:12 PM   #746
CyberCubed
Overlord

I wonder how many aspects of the Nick cartoon will rub off on the 2018 show since it just recently ended and is done by the same company:

For example:

- Will the Turtles still be drawn with individual looks, heights and styles?

- Will April and Casey still be teenagers or be adults again?

- Will Splinter be Hamato Yoshi?

- Will Karai continue to be Shredder's adoptive daughter?

- Will any Nick created characters like Tiger Claw, Fishface, etc. return in the new show with new takes or origins?

We already know from the summary the Turtles will face, "a ton of new and old mutants" so it's probably going to be just as mutant heavy as the Nick cartoon is. Besides that I expect the usual Fred Wolf pandering and I think it's 100% likely we'll see Krang and Bebop/Rocksteady again no doubt.
Old 07-24-2017, 02:26 AM   #747
neatoman
Emperor

Quote:

Probably, given that most of those shorts did.

Quote:

Given that they seem to get progressively younger with each passing incarnation, maybe?

Quote:

Hope not.

Quote:

That's been the standard for Karai since 2004, so yes, either that or a biological daughter.

Quote:

- Will any Nick created characters like Tiger Claw, Fishface, etc. return in the new show with new takes or origins?
Maybe, I think they're just going to go other characters first.
Hahahaha!
Old 07-24-2017, 05:00 AM   #748
newfan
Mad Scientist

Quote:
I wonder how many aspects of the Nick cartoon will rub off on the 2018 show since it just recently ended and is done by the same company:

For example:

We already know from the summary the Turtles will face, "a ton of new and old mutants" so it's probably going to be just as mutant heavy as the Nick cartoon is. Besides that I expect the usual Fred Wolf pandering and I think it's 100% likely we'll see Krang and Bebop/Rocksteady again no doubt.
I hope they keep the individuality (including eye colour) but we'll see.
I like Splinter being Yoshi, the master himself, but I suppose it depends how well it went down with the new writers and the fans.
I hope Karai is even in it.
Old 07-24-2017, 06:52 AM   #749
Candy Kappa
The Agenda of Existing

I hope Karai is older in the next show, preferably Shredder's superior.
Old 07-24-2017, 10:50 AM   #750
Andrew NDB
Weed Whacker

Quote:
Originally Posted by biganimefan View Post
I do hope at some point in the next decade or so they'll let at least one series be made and put on something like Netflix to appease the Mirage purists.
If they do that, it'll be because it's the only thing they haven't ever tried. Nobody cares about "Mirage purists."
Old 07-24-2017, 11:04 AM   #751
Sabacooza
Mad Scientist

Why can't we have both? Marvel, DC, and lots of others do it. I don't understand the mentality of only catering to one demographic.
Old 07-24-2017, 11:23 AM   #752
CyberCubed
Overlord

I think it might happen eventually down the road. Now that Nick's first show was so successful it went on for 5 seasons and 124 episodes, now they know their $60 million purchase in 2009 was worth it. The fact that they're making another new cartoon immediately after this one ended, rather than just sitting on the property for a few years, says they're still interested in new stuff.

I think a short mini-series on netflix based on Mirage TMNT with all red bandana's could happen eventually. I'd love to see issues 1-11 at least condensed into animated form.
Old 07-24-2017, 01:00 PM   #753
snake
Disgusting

Consider how weird it is that we're getting another show so soon. Why even bother ending the Nick Toon if another incarnation will take it's place? It all seems very manufactured.
Old 07-24-2017, 01:25 PM   #754
AquaParade
Banned

Good lord, it's like imagination-torture speculating on all the cool things Viacom/Nick could do with the property. A Mirage-based Netflix show is my latest tormenter.

I really feel like all the pieces are in place for Viacom to take TMNT down a matured avenue. Comic book media is everywhere, in all shapes and sizes, for all ages. The property can be separated and made to serve more than one audience. Kids and adults can each have their version. Viacom has to be seeing this. I'm really hoping we get something good to look forward to in the next few years.
Old 07-24-2017, 01:34 PM   #755
Chris
Mad Scientist

It is manufactured. If kids started with 2K12 age 10 then they'll be 15 now, a new series is designed to hook the next group of 10 year old and sell them new TMNT toys. Rinse and repeat every 5-6 years.

Just think how many shows Batman has had since 92. The original animated series (rebranded twice as Adventures of Batman & Robin then New Batman Adbentures, spin off in Batman Beyond, sequel in JL which itself was rebranded JLU), Brave & The Bold, The Batman and Beware the Batman. I'm probably missing at least And that doesn't count the Batman Unlimited animated movies based on the toys or any of the DC Original animated films (he gets at least 1 of those per year).

Almost everything has dismissing returns over time as people move on (especially in something as age sensitive as cartoons). A reboot/relaunch brings in a new audience (again especially true for kids as it will be targeted at them) and even some lapsed older consumers (this is why so many comics have a new #1 every year or so, it artificially boosts the readers for a bit, then they drop off again so they relaunch again).
Old 07-24-2017, 01:54 PM   #756
CyberCubed
Overlord

The first animated Batman was in the old Superfriends cartoon that ran for like a decade from the 70's through the 80's. He had the same Adam West design as the 60's show.

Then B:TAS, which continued to make appearances in Superman, Batman Beyond and Justice League.

Then The Batman started in 2003, at the same time the DCAU Batman was still going. It lasted 5 seasons.

Then Brave and the Bold started in 2008 and ran for three seasons I believe.

Then Beware the Batman was canceled after only 1 season and 26 episodes, because the CG art and lack of iconic Batman villains did the show in.

Young Justice also features Batman, although in a minor role.

Now Justice League Action is airing which is another new Batman.

Last edited by CyberCubed; 07-24-2017 at 02:01 PM.
Old 07-24-2017, 02:10 PM   #757
Andrew NDB
Weed Whacker

Quote:
Originally Posted by snake View Post
Consider how weird it is that we're getting another show so soon. Why even bother ending the Nick Toon if another incarnation will take it's place? It all seems very manufactured.
Of course its manufactured. There is no one "in charge" of TMNT anymore, or safeguarding it from crap. There is only this:

Old 07-24-2017, 02:18 PM   #758
FredWolfLeonardo
Big Blue Boy Scout

Reminds me of this

Last edited by Jester; 07-24-2017 at 02:34 PM. Reason: fix Youtube Tag
Old 07-24-2017, 02:28 PM   #759
CyberCubed
Overlord

To this day I'm surprised Half-shell heroes didn't get its own show, especially since they already had the designs and art and everything:

Old 07-24-2017, 02:46 PM   #760
snake
Disgusting

I never expected a full series. Nick wouldn't want to confuse kiddies by having TWO shows to promote at the same time.
Closed Thread

Tags
2018, rise of the tmnt, speculation, we're crimefighters