The Technodrome Forums

Go Back   The Technodrome Forums > General Forums > General Discussion > TV and Movies

Notices

Old 07-14-2007, 03:35 PM   #221
DrSpengler
Foot Elite

Isn't the son of Rita and Zedd supposed to be showing up in Operation Overdrive at some point? I'm looking forward to that almost as much.

So far, Operation Overdrive hasn't been very good at all.
DrSpengler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2007, 04:44 PM   #222
ZariusTwo
Overlord

Quote:
Originally Posted by DrSpengler View Post
Isn't the son of Rita and Zedd supposed to be showing up in Operation Overdrive at some point? I'm looking forward to that almost as much.
Thrax (Zedd's son) is the villain seen in the trailer leading the group. He's also the one Adam collides his fists with, creating the explosion.

OO is mediocre, but it's been the least offensive PR season since Kalish took over. The continuity has been stronger, but the Rangers themselves are almost entirely unlikeable, and you know things are weak when only Will, as well as Spencer Hartford, and the villains are stealing the series.
ZariusTwo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2007, 04:45 PM   #223
The Terror of Death
Stone Warrior

Quote:

So far, Operation Overdrive hasn't been very good at all.
Yeah, his name is Thrax and he will be teaming up with the OO villians.
And OO hasnt been very good. I hope Jungle Fury manages to be half as good as DT.
The Terror of Death is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2007, 05:00 PM   #224
DrSpengler
Foot Elite

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZariusTwo View Post
Thrax (Zedd's son) is the villain seen in the trailer leading the group. He's also the one Adam collides his fists with, creating the explosion.

OO is mediocre, but it's been the least offensive PR season since Kalish took over. The continuity has been stronger, but the Rangers themselves are almost entirely unlikeable, and you know things are weak when only Will, as well as Spencer Hartford, and the villains are stealing the series.
Awesome. Now I'm looking forward to the episode even more.

I'm surprised Thrax is evil and all, considering Rita and Zedd had all the evil drained from their bodies and were turned into humans. Maybe he'll have some sorta internal conflict goin' on or something.
DrSpengler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2007, 05:10 PM   #225
The Terror of Death
Stone Warrior

Quote:
I'm surprised Thrax is evil and all, considering Rita and Zedd had all the evil drained from their bodies and were turned into humans. Maybe he'll have some sorta internal conflict goin' on or something.
I think its safe to say they had Thrax while they were still evil. Thrax looks like monster Zedd and not the human one.
Old 07-14-2007, 05:11 PM   #226
Anarky
Outlaw Hero

Well, maybe Thrax was born pre-Power Rangers, which would explain his evilness rather easily. I wouldn't hope for any sort of internal conflict, since it's after all a Kalish-thing.

I too am very unimpressed by PROO. I mean, it has basically nothing going for it and why did they give the racecar to the thief and the bulldozer or whatever to the racecar driver?
Anarky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2007, 05:21 PM   #227
The Terror of Death
Stone Warrior

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anarky View Post
Well, maybe Thrax was born pre-Power Rangers, which would explain his evilness rather easily. I wouldn't hope for any sort of internal conflict, since it's after all a Kalish-thing.

I too am very unimpressed by PROO. I mean, it has basically nothing going for it and why did they give the racecar to the thief and the bulldozer or whatever to the racecar driver?
Zedd and Rita were not a couple pre power rangers. Disney just wouldnt do that kind of one night stand type of thing.
And about the zords, they use Sentai footage.
Old 07-14-2007, 05:57 PM   #228
Anarky
Outlaw Hero

Of course they do, but they made the mistake in the character-picking. If I was them, I'd have made Overdrive-Black a racecar driver in real life and Overdrive-Yellow the burglar. That way the Zordassigning would have made sense.
Old 07-14-2007, 06:54 PM   #229
The Terror of Death
Stone Warrior

Quote:
Of course they do, but they made the mistake in the character-picking. If I was them, I'd have made Overdrive-Black a racecar driver in real life and Overdrive-Yellow the burglar. That way the Zordassigning would have made sense.
I dont really think its a big deal. After all the Zords are used for combat and not for races.
Old 07-14-2007, 09:44 PM   #230
ZariusTwo
Overlord

Anark knows the Zords are'nt meant for races, he simply wants the characters to match the Zords and colours so that it makes internal and logical sense. Casting Will as a racecar driver also would have been less racist than casting him as a looter. Most tomboyish causcaisian females in big Hollywood productions always play burglers in action movies, or CSI agents, or forensic experts, or assasins etc. It would have fit.

Of COURSE it's a big deal.

As for Thrax, I can either place his birth to Zedd and Rita hiding on Master Vile's home planet, they conceive the child, leave him to Vile, return to the moon to plot the destruction of the Empire, or Thrax is actually the reason Zedd and Rita were absent from Power Rangers Turbo, and left him to be raised by the absent Vile during their participation in "In Space"

At some point after there "redemption" by the Zordon wave, Vile uses spells to advance Thrax's age so he is capable of seeking revenge.
Old 07-15-2007, 12:53 PM   #231
Brodie
Certified Teacher

So wait, Adam is back?
Old 07-15-2007, 01:18 PM   #232
Anarky
Outlaw Hero

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Terror of Death View Post
I dont really think its a big deal. After all the Zords are used for combat and not for races.
1. Listen to Zarius, he's right.
2. Let's assume the following: You are a pro tennis player. Wimbledon is like a relaxed morning workout for you. You're Roger Federer times 5000. One day, you get approached by a guy telling you that he has something for you: A special piece of sports equipment, tailored just for your unique talent. You show up and you see the best tennis racket ever lying in front of you on a table. The guy tells you and four other people that are present that each of the sporting goods in front of you are made just for you and for nobody else on the planet. The choice would be obvious as to what you should get, since you excel at it... the tennis racket. But you get a basketball instead and the guy next to you, who was probably never near a tennis court gets the tennis racket.

Despite the fact that you might never use the racket, it still doesn't make sense that you don't get it. The only logical conclusion would be to give you the racket, since you're the expert at tennis, the other guy has never played tennis before. Also, if it's custom made just for you, the guy must have studied you beforehand, probably seeing that you aren't a pro basketball player. So why choose the Basketball for you?
Old 07-15-2007, 01:55 PM   #233
ZariusTwo
Overlord

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brodie View Post
So wait, Adam is back?
Yes, Adam's returned for this two part episode only
Old 07-15-2007, 02:12 PM   #234
The Terror of Death
Stone Warrior

Quote:
1. Listen to Zarius, he's right.
2. Let's assume the following: You are a pro tennis player. Wimbledon is like a relaxed morning workout for you. You're Roger Federer times 5000. One day, you get approached by a guy telling you that he has something for you: A special piece of sports equipment, tailored just for your unique talent. You show up and you see the best tennis racket ever lying in front of you on a table. The guy tells you and four other people that are present that each of the sporting goods in front of you are made just for you and for nobody else on the planet. The choice would be obvious as to what you should get, since you excel at it... the tennis racket. But you get a basketball instead and the guy next to you, who was probably never near a tennis court gets the tennis racket.

Despite the fact that you might never use the racket, it still doesn't make sense that you don't get it. The only logical conclusion would be to give you the racket, since you're the expert at tennis, the other guy has never played tennis before. Also, if it's custom made just for you, the guy must have studied you beforehand, probably seeing that you aren't a pro basketball player. So why choose the Basketball for you?
I see what you guys mean but still pr isnt exactly know for its logic. I really dont see why the writers would reverse Will and Ronnys characters just for the sake of matching zords. Matching zords may make more sense but it still does not add anything to the story.
Old 07-15-2007, 04:17 PM   #235
ZariusTwo
Overlord

Noone is saying the writers should retcon anything at this juncture, it's just they should have before it began production.
Old 07-15-2007, 06:46 PM   #236
Brodie
Certified Teacher

Is this episode thing on the youtube?
Old 07-15-2007, 06:50 PM   #237
Anarky
Outlaw Hero

1. Links to episodes on Youtube are not allowed here.
2. It airs on July 23rd, therefore it is not available anywhere yet.
Old 07-15-2007, 07:34 PM   #238
Brodie
Certified Teacher

That was all I needed.

Didn't ask for a link.

Don't jump to conclusions, Plissken.
Old 07-15-2007, 07:45 PM   #239
Anarky
Outlaw Hero

Call me Snake.

Man, I always wanted to say that.