The Technodrome Forums

Go Back   The Technodrome Forums > TMNT Universes > Rise of the TMNT Discussion

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 08-13-2017, 01:23 PM   #1041
CyberCubed
Overlord

IDW Mikey still says dumb catchphrases and gets looked on as a doofus by his brothers lots of times. I think you guys don't remember how many lame catch phrases IDW Mikey still says, plus his love for pizza is just as strong there too.
Old 08-14-2017, 07:44 AM   #1042
eskater
Foot Soldier

Quote:
Originally Posted by CyberCubed View Post
IDW Mikey still says dumb catchphrases and gets looked on as a doofus by his brothers lots of times. I think you guys don't remember how many lame catch phrases IDW Mikey still says, plus his love for pizza is just as strong there too.
I never liked that aspect in any incarnation of Mikey, pizza for me whatever but the catch phrases can be too much sometimes.
Old 08-17-2017, 12:13 AM   #1043
CyberCubed
Overlord

Well in the recent issue of IDW Dimension X #3 Micelangelo just shouted Cowabunga in it, so IDW Mikey isn't that far removed from the cartoon ones. He also has the same role as the "dim-witted younger brother" in the series, Raphael constantly picks on him like in Nick/4kids too.

Anyway, I wonder if the new show will use all new mutants rather than old ones. Every new series always throws in new mutants we've never seen before, but at this point almost every animal has been used as a mutant somewhere, so it's hard to think of completely new concepts.
Old 08-17-2017, 10:03 AM   #1044
eskater
Foot Soldier

Quote:
Well in the recent issue of IDW Dimension X #3 Micelangelo just shouted Cowabunga in it, so IDW Mikey isn't that far removed from the cartoon ones. He also has the same role as the "dim-witted younger brother" in the series, Raphael constantly picks on him like in Nick/4kids too.

Anyway, I wonder if the new show will use all new mutants rather than old ones. Every new series always throws in new mutants we've never seen before, but at this point almost every animal has been used as a mutant somewhere, so it's hard to think of completely new concepts.
I think maybe they'll just use the old mutants but in different ways possibly, 1 new mutant here or there but I don't think it'll be an explosion of new mutants.
Old 08-17-2017, 10:09 AM   #1045
Andrew NDB
Weed Whacker

Quote:
Well in the recent issue of IDW Dimension X #3 Micelangelo just shouted Cowabunga in it, so IDW Mikey isn't that far removed from the cartoon ones. He also has the same role as the "dim-witted younger brother" in the series
I'm so sick of this. It's like writers don't know what to do with Mikey if he's not like that, or are afraid of people's reactions.
Old 08-17-2017, 10:27 AM   #1046
Panda_Kahn_fan
Mad Scientist

IDW Mikey is not 'OT/Fred Wolf dumb guy'.

IDW Mikey is also the only one to have the courage to stand up and so 'no' to splinter when he didn't like what their sensei and father was doing. IDW Mikey is the only one who can read Japanese, due to his past life. IDW Mikey has called the others out on their fighting with each other, and stood up for his principles. IDW Mikey is not dumb, he just has a lot of heart, and likes helping people. Yelling 'Cowbunga' once in the IDW comics for the the first time in the series's six-year-run does not suddenly morph him into OT Mikey.
Old 08-17-2017, 11:02 AM   #1047
eskater
Foot Soldier

Quote:
Originally Posted by Panda_Kahn_fan View Post

IDW Mikey is also the only one to have the courage to stand up and so 'no' to splinter when he didn't like what their sensei and father was doing. IDW Mikey is the only one who can read Japanese, due to his past life. IDW Mikey has called the others out on their fighting with each other, and stood up for his principles. IDW Mikey is not dumb, he just has a lot of heart, and likes helping people. Yelling 'Cowbunga' once in the IDW comics for the the first time in the series's six-year-run does not suddenly morph him into OT Mikey.
Yes yes and YES.
Old 08-17-2017, 12:11 PM   #1048
Sabacooza
Mad Scientist

Quote:

Exactly. I think all of them are well rounded with multiple layers and I'll also add that no, Raph is not always picking on Mikey in IDW series.

Last edited by Sabacooza; 08-18-2017 at 05:10 AM.
Old 09-02-2017, 10:23 PM   #1049
ranger_scout
Foot Elite

Rob Paulsen just confirmed at Dragon Con that he's not voicing one of the turtles in this series. I'm not surprised but it's still kind of disappointing to hear. He does think that he will still have some kind of involvement with the series though.

https://www.facebook.com/CBS46/video...5690228181252/
Old 09-02-2017, 10:43 PM   #1050
Powder
So tired of this place

No disrespect to Rob 'cause I looooove his Donatello, but a third run so soon would be a bad choice. No complaints if they want him for some villain or whatever though.

I'm convinced that none of you have ever experienced joy
Old 09-02-2017, 11:06 PM   #1051
Ninjinister
無問題

For some reason what instantly came to mind is Gadgetman. I have no idea why I thought of that considering I pretty much never think of that episode nor have seen it since it aired.
Old 09-02-2017, 11:26 PM   #1052
CyberCubed
Overlord

Quote:
Originally Posted by ranger_scout View Post
Rob Paulsen just confirmed at Dragon Con that he's not voicing one of the turtles in this series. I'm not surprised but it's still kind of disappointing to hear. He does think that he will still have some kind of involvement with the series though.

I wouldn't be surprised if he voices some secondary character or recurring villain. The show is still produced at Nick and he's a top talent VA. He's bound to play some character on it even if its for only an episode or two.
Old 09-03-2017, 06:32 AM   #1053
eskater
Foot Soldier

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ninjinister View Post
For some reason what instantly came to mind is Gadgetman. I have no idea why I thought of that considering I pretty much never think of that episode nor have seen it since it aired.
I vote for gadgetman for sure
Old 09-03-2017, 07:16 AM   #1054
matteso586
Stone Warrior

I'm hoping that the 2018 series won't be strictly standalone stories.
Old 09-03-2017, 01:21 PM   #1055
Ninjinister
無問題

Quote:

Ah, he said Japanese-reading is because of anime/manga consumption. Otherwise they'd all know it.
Old 09-03-2017, 02:55 PM   #1056
Panda_Kahn_fan
Mad Scientist

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ninjinister View Post
Ah, he said Japanese-reading is because of anime/manga consumption. Otherwise they'd all know it.
Ehhh.... First of all, I could see his subconscious past-life memories making it easier to learn Japanese, and I remeber a comment somewhere from one of the IDW staff, back when the Mini came out, that his Japanese skills were at least tied to his past life (I'll see if I can find the quote). And second, that still speaks to him being intelligent; I mean, how many anime/manga otaku actually bother to take the time and effort to learn the language? Sure, there are quite a few who do, but most of them do not.
Old 09-03-2017, 03:11 PM   #1057
Utrommaniac
Resident overthinker

Michelangelo was also surprised when he could read and understand Japanese right off the bat. He even exclaims "I can read so much more manga now!"
Old 09-03-2017, 06:12 PM   #1058
BubblyShell22
Leo-holic

Quote:
Originally Posted by ranger_scout View Post

Not surprising to hear he won't be one of the Turtles, but I think it would be cool if he did voice some secondary character or villain in the series. It's nice that he still wants to be involved in the franchise. Still, his portrayal of Donatello really made me like Donnie more than I have in the past as I have always seen him as pretty boring.

"Embrace your inner a**holiness."-Mr. Anderson.
Old 09-04-2017, 12:30 AM   #1059
Technogeek29
Mad Scientist

Quote:
Originally Posted by Andrew NDB View Post
I'm so sick of this. It's like writers don't know what to do with Mikey if he's not like that, or are afraid of people's reactions.
I tend to notice whenever Tom is not at the helm Mikey is written pretty close to his cartoon counterparts.
Old 09-04-2017, 12:35 AM   #1060
FredWolfLeonardo
Big Blue Boy Scout

Out of all the turtles, Im most curious as to what Mikey will be like in this show.

Nick Michelangalo was already very young and child like so I cant imagine him becoming any younger.
Closed Thread

Tags
2018, rise of the tmnt, speculation, we're crimefighters