The Technodrome Forums

Go Back   The Technodrome Forums > TMNT Universes > TMNT Comic Discussion

Notices

Old 05-26-2022, 10:42 AM   #1
ZariusTwo
Overlord

TMNT: The Last Ronin #5 Tops Diamond Comics Bestseller In April 2022

Quote:
The caveats on these charts get bigger with each edition as more and more publishers stop being Diamond Comic Exclusive. DC Comics has gone to Lunar Distruibution, aside from Diamon UK, which these charts never include. Marvel has almost gone, aside from Diamond UK and thrid party distribution by Diamond from Penguin Random House. And IDW has gone that way too, while a number of other publishers are also being distrubuted by Lunar. But the only official stats being issued are from Diamond. So, among the publishers still with Diamond Comic Distributors, IDW Publishing's Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles: The Last Ronin #5, the final issue of Kevin Eastman's "future Turtles" storyline was April's most-ordered comic book. Image Comics' Reckless: The Ghost in You by Ed Brubaker and Sean Phillips is the month's most ordered graphic novel
It beat the relaunch of Amazing Spider-Man by Zeb Wells and Romita Jr

https://bleedingcool.com/comics/tmnt...in-april-2022/
ZariusTwo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2022, 06:25 AM   #2
superstaff
Mad Scientist

I'm not surprised, though it really didn't seem like anybody was super hyped by the ending. Even here, people seemed to have shrugged their shoulders, and went "Yeah, it ended, okay" about it. I wasn't super impressed with it either (a lot of it was predictable and also rushed).
superstaff is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2022, 09:45 AM   #3
AquaParade
Banned

Now watch as the hardcover shoots to the top of of Amazon's best-seller list, under graphic novels, next month. The success of this book is wild.

It's not the best comic in the world, but it deserves the success because it is great, it is pure, and it's feeding a particular starving audience. I think we're all a bit surprised at just how big that audience is.

Issue #5 selling more than the Amazing Spider-Man relaunch is something else.
AquaParade is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2022, 11:03 AM   #4
Coola Yagami
Overlord

Quote:
Originally Posted by AquaParade View Post
Now watch as the hardcover shoots to the top of of Amazon's best-seller list, under graphic novels, next month. The success of this book is wild.

It's not the best comic in the world, but it deserves the success because it is great, it is pure, and it's feeding a particular starving audience. I think we're all a bit surprised at just how big that audience is.

Issue #5 selling more than the Amazing Spider-Man relaunch is something else.
To be fair, nobody wants to read about Peter Parker being cucked by Mary Jane and her new soyboy boyfriend.

They really got stop giving jobs to these woke fanfic writers.

It's like, I don't get it. How did a generation raised on South Park, Married with Children and Beavis and Butthead grow up to such woke pussies?

How did a generation of geeks and nerds stuffed in lockers and whatnot grow up to not know how to properly handle the characters they grew up with? You'd think they'd understand Batman and Spider-Man.

Check out my blog for Comic Reviews and other things. https://markepicblogofrandomness.blogspot.com/
I also started The AEW Crew, the All Elite Wrestling Fan Club! https://www.facebook.com/groups/637508120044168/
Coola Yagami is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2022, 11:15 AM   #5
superstaff
Mad Scientist

Quote:
Originally Posted by Coola Yagami View Post
How did a generation raised on South Park, Married with Children and Beavis and Butthead grow up to such woke pussies?

How did a generation of geeks and nerds stuffed in lockers and whatnot grow up to not know how to properly handle the characters they grew up with? You'd think they'd understand Batman and Spider-Man.
You do know that these types are not the ones writing these stories, right?
superstaff is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2022, 12:47 PM   #6
Kyo Hisagi
Random Punk

Quote:
To be fair, nobody wants to read about Peter Parker being cucked by Mary Jane and her new soyboy boyfriend.

They really got stop giving jobs to these woke fanfic writers.

It's like, I don't get it. How did a generation raised on South Park, Married with Children and Beavis and Butthead grow up to such woke pussies?

Zeb Wells wrote some really great Spider-Man stories, both on ASM and other titles like Peter Parker-Spider-Man. People would knew that if they... you know... actually read comic books. And no, I am not talking about "Shed", which is pretty controversial. And Wells' Hellions? 10/10 easily. One of the most enjoyable book of last years. If this is fanfic, then I want all fanfics to be written like this.

As for relaunch- can't say anything about it yet cause it's been only 2 issues, but I bet this man is NOT MJ's "soyboy boyfriend". Probably some sort of friend or babysitter. Again- it's pretty clear from the book itself.
It's all depends on reveal- could be okay, could be massive flop, like it was with Kindred.

Me and other Spidey fans were pretty upset and vocal about how tired we are from all this "Peter/MJ" situation (will they? won't they? How about Peter being lonely loser AGAIN?) but I guess some stuff is not that easy to change, huh. I hope for # 900 or at least # 1000?... but I don't get my hopes very high.
Kyo Hisagi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2022, 12:50 PM   #7
Allio
Foot Elite

Shame IDW couldn’t capitalize on it.
Old 05-31-2022, 08:52 AM   #8
Weapons@theready
Hench Mutant

Quote:
It's the pendulum effect, those things that you just listed, while enjoyed by many, had vocal naysayers and those naysayers cause pop culture to overcorrect and swing all the way to the other side. The overly vocal minority got us to this point.
Weapons@theready is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2022, 06:04 PM   #9
Hayesbass
New Recruit

Quote:
Not to rain on your extremely well thought out and carefully considered point here but I suspect it has a lot more to do with the fact that a good portion of comic shops don't order Amazing Spider-Man from Diamond. I assure you ASM #1 sold more copies than Last Ronin 5
Hayesbass is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2022, 06:18 PM   #10
AquaParade
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hayesbass View Post
Not to rain on your extremely well thought out and carefully considered point here but I suspect it has a lot more to do with the fact that a good portion of comic shops don't order Amazing Spider-Man from Diamond. I assure you ASM #1 sold more copies than Last Ronin 5
I saw another sales chart that placed ASM above TLR 5. I cant keep themn straight, but makes sense that ASM sold more.
AquaParade is offline   Reply With Quote