The Technodrome Forums

Go Back   The Technodrome Forums > TMNT Universes > TMNT Movie Discussion

Notices

Old 06-15-2020, 08:01 AM   #21
d_osborn
Mad Scientist

Quote:
Originally Posted by sgtfbomb View Post
Exactly what I was trying to imply. The only reason I said "In theory.." was because I've personally never read the shooting draft. But I'm fairly certain it is available on scriptfly, so I figured someone here has.
https://www.docdroid.net/auzmL2A/tmnt-2-8-15-90-pdf

d_osborn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2020, 09:27 AM   #22
sgtfbomb
Stone Warrior

Quote:
Originally Posted by d_osborn View Post
Dude, thanks! I can't wait to dig into this later today.
sgtfbomb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2020, 01:03 PM   #23
Original TMNT Cartoon Fan
Overlord

Quote:
Originally Posted by Galactus View Post
I'd long been skeptical of the rumours that Jordan Perry was an Utrom by virtue of the fact that the movie plays down any kind of extra terrestrial connection to the ooze right down to renaming the company he works for as Techno Global Research Institute.

It does suggest there is more to TGRI's experiments but it's soon dropped and the "mysterious disappearance of TGRI" which is tacked on at the end seems more like it is trying to close the book on the story as opposed to set up a sequel. That generally wasn't done in movies of it's type in the era.

Also I'm very skeptical whether a more sci fi based sequel would have worked. The general vibe of the first two Golden Harvest movies is that other the wacky nature of the central characters the existed in a realistic world, taking them to another planet or having an alien invasion of some sort may break that even more than the time travel in the third movie we actually got. Plus even if they'd gotten Henson coming up with believable Utroms and possibly Triceratons may have been a way more ambitious task than they'd be capable of in the 90s or afford given the budget they have to work with.

Still given these comments there was way more discussion on an Utrom connection to the ooze than I'd have ever thought and I'd be interested in being proved wrong on this issue.
The Turtles leaving Earth doesn't break anything, and wouldn't be any problem. Most Humans wouldn't be aware of it (except maybe April O'Neil and Casey Jones). The Triceratons attacking Earth on the other hand would be much harder to write, as we would se spacecraft approaching Earth and landing, people running in panic and rayguns firing at skyscrapers.

A Krang invasion on the other hand could still take place in the shadows by using an underground-based Technodrome.

Last edited by Original TMNT Cartoon Fan; 06-15-2020 at 01:08 PM.
Original TMNT Cartoon Fan is offline   Reply With Quote