The Technodrome Forums

Go Back   The Technodrome Forums > TMNT Merchandise > Video Game Discussion

Notices

Old 08-12-2023, 06:46 PM   #61
DevilSpooky
Stone Warrior

Black Forest Games made the fantastic Destroy All Humans remakes, a quasi-open world like those two can do wonders for the ip, i can just imagine hoping from rooftop to rooftop on a similar engine.

And if they also release a similar collector's edition to the 2 DAH remakes i'll loose my sh*t.

Bottom line is, i'm optimistic and have full confidence on BFG and THQ, they've been doing wonders for dormant IPs latelly, and BFG in particular are really passionate about the projects they've handled and have been more in tune with the fanbases that came with them, and that's at least more than you can say about Paramount and Nickelodeon.
DevilSpooky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2023, 03:26 AM   #62
Braeden99
Random Punk

Quote:
Originally Posted by Andrew NDB View Post
Then he did Terminator: Woke Fart.

*crickets*
I actually never saw that movie, was it that bad?
Braeden99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2023, 03:38 AM   #63
Andrew NDB
Weed Whacker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Braeden99 View Post
Yes. Sadly. They brought Linda Hamilton out of mothballs for an angry affair designed to "fix" problematic aspects of Terminator lore (white savior, woman destined to only bear said savior, and so on) while taking the opportunity to attack current political situations (ICE bad, border patrol bad). While adding really nothing new to the pot and, in fact, voiding what little we still cared about within the franchise.

It's just so strange. I can understand why Salvation failed on a basic script level, as in they needed to work on more drafts and maybe they would have had something. Fundamentally, Genisys and Dark Fate were just so bizarrely opposite of what fans would actually want while making their whole media push be about "THIS ONE is the TRUE sequel to Terminator 2!" Because both sh** all over it. SkyNET? Never mattered. There's this other thing (Genisys in Genisys, Legion in Dark Fate), and that whole future timeline is gone anyway.

Last edited by Andrew NDB; 08-15-2023 at 01:41 AM.
Andrew NDB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2023, 08:41 AM   #64
RaphaelinSTL
Mad Scientist

Quote:
Originally Posted by DevilSpooky View Post
Black Forest Games made the fantastic Destroy All Humans remakes, a quasi-open world like those two can do wonders for the ip, i can just imagine hoping from rooftop to rooftop on a similar engine.

And if they also release a similar collector's edition to the 2 DAH remakes i'll loose my sh*t.

Bottom line is, i'm optimistic and have full confidence on BFG and THQ, they've been doing wonders for dormant IPs latelly, and BFG in particular are really passionate about the projects they've handled and have been more in tune with the fanbases that came with them, and that's at least more than you can say about Paramount and Nickelodeon.
True, but my only concern was that it was a remake that they polished up. Not something that they built from the ground up. If they can take what they learned from those and apply it to something with a lot of substance, good on them. But even then, those Destroy All Humans remakes got pretty meddling reviews.
Old 08-13-2023, 12:06 PM   #65
Sumac
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Braeden99 View Post
Incredibly boring and with no fresh ideas of its own. Basically everything in this movie was regurgitated from previous five movies and TV series. But worse. What little original ideas it brought to the table - were just bad.

Attempts to pander to [current politics] didn't help. They did not ruined the movie, but they were bizarrely out of place (especially, if you care about Terminator canon). Also, plotholes galore, dumb sequel hooks galore, bad acting galore.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Andrew NDB View Post
There's this other thing (Genisys in Genisys, Legion in Dark Fate), and that whole future timeline is gone anyway.
Genisys was a program designed by Skynet to take over machines. Through the whole movie pretty much everyone called Skynet a "Skynet".
It is a nitpick, but still.
Sumac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2023, 05:37 PM   #66
Wednesday's Serial
Thug

Quote:
Originally Posted by CyberCubed View Post
This game won't be out for 3-4 years if it's a real AAA game and not some short thing. By then The Last Ronin comic will he a distant memory, I have no idea why they think interest in the comic will he around another 4 years from now.
Hey the Watchmen game(s) came out decades later, and look how those turned out.
Wednesday's Serial is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2023, 10:31 PM   #67
Cowabung-Gal
The Party Dudette

I wonder if this game will also adapt the Lost Years series. Imagine all the mutants Mikey would face in the gladiator games, maybe some old recognizable faces like Antrax or Groundchuck:

Old 08-15-2023, 01:19 AM   #68
Filespit
Hench Mutant

I have big hopes for this, but low expectations. The dream is obviously a game on the same level as the Batman Arkham or Spider-Man games, but that is most probably not gonna be the case once this game is out, which is a bummer.

Either way, I dream of a big game. A fully explorable, futuristic New York City, playable flashback scenes where you play as all four brothers, independent skill trees for all weapons that Mikey carries (katana, sai, bo, nunchuku, tonfa), and most importantly tons of character skins/costumes!
Filespit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2023, 10:45 AM   #69
Sumac
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Filespit View Post
Either way, I dream of a big game. A fully explorable, futuristic New York City, playable flashback scenes where you play as all four brothers, independent skill trees for all weapons that Mikey carries (katana, sai, bo, nunchuku, tonfa), and most importantly tons of character skins/costumes!
You'll get Assassins' Creed with radio towers and dumb side quests and YOU. WILL. BE . HAPPY!!
Sumac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2023, 12:26 PM   #70
LeotheLateBloomer
Foot Elite

Quote:
Originally Posted by Filespit View Post
I have big hopes for this, but low expectations. The dream is obviously a game on the same level as the Batman Arkham or Spider-Man games, but that is most probably not gonna be the case once this game is out, which is a bummer.

Yeah but if this game does well maybe we'll get that, one day. Baby steps...
LeotheLateBloomer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2023, 11:07 AM   #71
Wednesday's Serial
Thug

I think it would be cooler to finally get a game where it's more mainline, but each of the Turtles is really unique but usable for any situation but focus on different strategies. Like Leo would have you sneak through a level, Raph would be head-on, Mikey would use more environmental and acrobatic solutions, and Donny would take advantage of more tech in the level.

Like different builds in Deus Ex but achievable for different runs.

It would take advantage of what's there with TMNT and make for a really engaging game.
Wednesday's Serial is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2023, 12:00 AM   #72
Cowabung-Gal
The Party Dudette

The owner of our local comic store told me an interesting rumor:

Wayne Grayson might voice the Ronin/Mikey in this game.

Considering he has talked to Grayson and even convinced him to take part in our town’s 40th TMNT anniversary event, I have reason to believe that this rumor could be true.
Old 09-02-2023, 12:20 AM   #73
Braeden99
Random Punk

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cowabung-Gal View Post

Considering he has talked to Grayson and even convinced him to take part in our town’s 40th TMNT anniversary event, I have reason to believe that this rumor could be true.

If that's true, then I'm definitely getting this game no matter what.
Braeden99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2023, 01:01 AM   #74
LeotheLateBloomer
Foot Elite

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cowabung-Gal View Post

I actually did read about that a while back. It might've been on Grayson's Instagram page, if not somewhere else. Hope it's true and if so, hopefully voice actors for the other three Turtles from the 2k3 series reprise their roles...assuming the others get a short flashback scene or so.
LeotheLateBloomer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2023, 10:41 AM   #75
Drose18
The Catalina Wine Mixer

That’s incredible news. Hoping It happens.
Drose18 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2023, 08:24 PM   #76
Powder
So tired of this place

Wayne has been campaigning himself to be the voice, but that's all, as far as I am aware.

I don't think that making videos such as "why I should be XYZ" is how voice actors are typically cast.

I'm convinced that none of you have ever experienced joy
Powder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2023, 06:01 PM   #77
Maelxich
Thug

Quote:
Originally Posted by DevilSpooky View Post

I wouldn't use the destroy all human games as an example of them being potentially good, I would use their games they made completely on their own as an example of what to expect and the results are not good
Maelxich is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2024, 08:46 AM   #78
RaphaelinSTL
Mad Scientist

Well this isn't good.

TMNT: The Last Ronin Dev Reportedly Cut in Half After Layoffs

I think most of us were worried about the team behind this game behind able to handle the scope of the project, but I wouldn't be surprised if this ends up being dead in the water after this. Would love to be proved wrong, but the gaming industry right now is being rocked by layoffs across the board.
Old 01-25-2024, 10:14 AM   #79
shihe
Hench Mutant

I thought it'd be too good to be true.

We just can't have mature TMNT on a screen now can we?

I already expected their aim to be somewhere around Out of the Shadows (game) ~ Mutants in Manhattan type quality at best (cause yeah, a AAA tmnt game is just not happening until the brand is acquired by WB or Disney)

But this bodes TERRIBLE for this game if you ask me.
Like their last update was just concept art. This is gonna get significantly delayed, enter development hell, or straight up cancelled, this early in the game.

This should've been a movie.

(Oh, but can't waaaait for that Mutant Mayhem tie in. I bet Nick would sell half their soul to see THAT happen instead)
Old 01-25-2024, 11:45 AM   #80
RaphaelinSTL
Mad Scientist

Quote:
Originally Posted by shihe View Post
(Oh, but can't waaaait for that Mutant Mayhem tie in. I bet Nick would sell half their soul to see THAT happen instead)
Yeah, I know there's that Mutant Mayhem tie in game coming out apparently this year from the team that did that little kiddish Justice League game last year and my little worry is that we'll be getting back into that 2010-2014 era of TMNT games were it was super mediocre stuff based whatever the current Nick iteration was.

2022 was such a great time for TMNT games. A TMNT game that's AAA is cool and all, but with the Switch being my main way to play games ... I'm still all down for another Cowabunga Collection or some game in the style of Shredder's Revenge.