The Technodrome Forums

Go Back   The Technodrome Forums > TMNT Universes > 4Kids TMNT Cartoon Discussion

Notices

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-03-2016, 03:07 PM   #341
TheSkeletonMan939
A New Day, A New Headache
 
TheSkeletonMan939's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Location: Over there
Posts: 3,769
I thought it was because of sales, but maybe you're right. My S2 Pt. 2 DVD says '2008' on the cover, and the buyout was in 2009.
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by Panda_Kahn_fan View Post
IDW took the OT straw and spun it into gold, while Platinum Dunes took the OT straw and spun it into manure.
TheSkeletonMan939 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2016, 04:19 PM   #342
ToTheNines
[sic]
 
ToTheNines's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Posts: 14,798
Man, I loved the box art those half season sets had. They only had 4 more to go! (And BttS...)

Common sense says that they'll completely start over, but I'd love it if they just continued in the same style for seasons 3 and 4.

It's also bull **** that Nick has only released the TV edit of Turtles Forever. Never could understand the logic behind that. Whatever, I have my UK version.
ToTheNines is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2016, 08:05 PM   #343
TheSkeletonMan939
A New Day, A New Headache
 
TheSkeletonMan939's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Location: Over there
Posts: 3,769
Quote:
Originally Posted by ToTheNines View Post
It's also bull **** that Nick has only released the TV edit of Turtles Forever. Never could understand the logic behind that. Whatever, I have my UK version.
They probably don't even know they have an uncut version. They just know they have a version fit for airing on SD, 4:3 televisions and thought that was the definitive copy of the film.
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by Panda_Kahn_fan View Post
IDW took the OT straw and spun it into gold, while Platinum Dunes took the OT straw and spun it into manure.
TheSkeletonMan939 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2016, 02:37 PM   #344
THGhost
Puppet Master
 
THGhost's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2014
Location: UK
Posts: 2,778
Any decent releases recently? Or is Nick still crawling around inside their own ass?
__________________

1990 > OotS > TMNT 2014 > Turtles Forever > TMNT III > SotO > TMNT 2007

"Can't we all just get along?" - pennydreadful

"...bitchy people are what make fan forums insufferable when they don't need to be." - B-Man

"Act like freakin' adults for goodness sake." - Jester

"Tough guys with tiny voices." - Commenter 42
THGhost is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2016, 10:28 AM   #345
ABrown
Mad Scientist
 
ABrown's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2010
Location: Northwest Indiana
Posts: 1,231
Quote:
Originally Posted by THGhost View Post
Any decent releases recently? Or is Nick still crawling around inside their own ass?
There won't be any more dvd releases, at least not for the episodes. I could possibly see in 2019 a ten year anniversary dvd release for Turtles Forever, where they correctly put the WHOLE movie out on dvd. But in my opinion the only thing that can be hoped for with the series is that it gets completely released digitally through Itunes, amazon, etc.
ABrown is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2016, 03:34 AM   #346
Ramboraph4life aka Matt
Mad Scientist
 
Ramboraph4life aka Matt's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2004
Location: North Liberty, Iowa
Posts: 1,191
Sad but true. Had to make my own DVD-R set (except I changed the intro music...that's the one thing I hated about the show...other than that, love the 2k3 series. It's become my favorite cartoon) just to have the episodes in correct order.
Ramboraph4life aka Matt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2016, 10:49 AM   #347
CyberCubed
Overlord
 
CyberCubed's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2004
Posts: 30,826
You should also blame 4kids' original botched DVD releases for that matter. Had 4kids released the show correctly back in 2003-2007 or so, we wouldn't have this problem.

I know 3 episode DVDs weren't that unheard of in the early 2000's, but that's still cheap. Then everything went out of order by late Season 2...and then the new season sets were canceled.
CyberCubed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2016, 11:01 AM   #348
CylonsKlingonsDaleksOhMy
Victory Is Life
 
CylonsKlingonsDaleksOhMy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2004
Posts: 11,584
Quote:
Originally Posted by CyberCubed View Post
You should also blame 4kids' original botched DVD releases for that matter. Had 4kids released the show correctly back in 2003-2007 or so, we wouldn't have this problem.

I know 3 episode DVDs weren't that unheard of in the early 2000's, but that's still cheap. Then everything went out of order by late Season 2...and then the new season sets were canceled.
Have you actually given up hope along with the rest of us? Good for you.
__________________
CylonsKlingonsDaleksOhMy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2016, 01:13 PM   #349
THGhost
Puppet Master
 
THGhost's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2014
Location: UK
Posts: 2,778
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ramboraph4life aka Matt View Post
Sad but true. Had to make my own DVD-R set (except I changed the intro music...that's the one thing I hated about the show...other than that, love the 2k3 series. It's become my favorite cartoon) just to have the episodes in correct order.
Really? You hated the intro music? To each his own I guess.
__________________

1990 > OotS > TMNT 2014 > Turtles Forever > TMNT III > SotO > TMNT 2007

"Can't we all just get along?" - pennydreadful

"...bitchy people are what make fan forums insufferable when they don't need to be." - B-Man

"Act like freakin' adults for goodness sake." - Jester

"Tough guys with tiny voices." - Commenter 42
THGhost is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2016, 02:06 PM   #350
CylonsKlingonsDaleksOhMy
Victory Is Life
 
CylonsKlingonsDaleksOhMy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2004
Posts: 11,584
Quote:
Originally Posted by THGhost View Post
Really? You hated the intro music? To each his own I guess.
I hated the 2K3 intro music as well. Ugh.
__________________
CylonsKlingonsDaleksOhMy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2016, 03:54 PM   #351
biganimefan
Foot Soldier
 
biganimefan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2013
Location: Indiana
Posts: 116
Really wanting a season 7 DVD release(and yeah a proper Turtles Forever release). I hate the out-of-order episodes with season 3 and half of season 4 on DVD, but I CAN live with it...kinda. Just want to see a complete 2k3 series sitting on my shelf rather than having to rely on an online source...
biganimefan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2016, 05:16 PM   #352
CyberCubed
Overlord
 
CyberCubed's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2004
Posts: 30,826
Remember, it ain't over till the fat lady sings.
CyberCubed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2016, 08:39 PM   #353
THGhost
Puppet Master
 
THGhost's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2014
Location: UK
Posts: 2,778
Quote:
Originally Posted by CylonsKlingonsDaleksOhMy View Post
I hated the 2K3 intro music as well. Ugh.
I guess nostalgia really is a strong force to be reckoned with. Because I adore the 2K3 intro music.

Quote:
Originally Posted by CyberCubed View Post
Remember, it ain't over till the fat lady sings.
And just who is this fat lady?

__________________

1990 > OotS > TMNT 2014 > Turtles Forever > TMNT III > SotO > TMNT 2007

"Can't we all just get along?" - pennydreadful

"...bitchy people are what make fan forums insufferable when they don't need to be." - B-Man

"Act like freakin' adults for goodness sake." - Jester

"Tough guys with tiny voices." - Commenter 42
THGhost is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2016, 05:41 PM   #354
ABrown
Mad Scientist
 
ABrown's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2010
Location: Northwest Indiana
Posts: 1,231
I actually went ahead picked up the three Nickelodeon volumes (NYC Showdown, Search For Splinter, and Cowabunga Christmas) for about $3-$4 each at Walmart and Meijer. When the original volumes were being released in like 2003/2004, I was still buying VHS tapes. I didn't end up buying dvds until like volume 3.4 of the original dvd releases. And stupid me didn't want to double dip for the 1/2 season sets in 2007/2008. Obviously the intelligent thing to do would be purchase the first three seasons digitally through Amazon. I probably should. But this is likely the final chance that there will ever be to have any of the first couple of seasons on dvd for a decent price.
ABrown is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2016, 11:54 AM   #355
Original TMNT Cartoon Fan
Emperor
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Location: Sweden
Posts: 6,387
26 April 2005

Quote:
Originally Posted by ABrown View Post
I actually went ahead picked up the three Nickelodeon volumes (NYC Showdown, Search For Splinter, and Cowabunga Christmas) for about $3-$4 each at Walmart and Meijer. When the original volumes were being released in like 2003/2004, I was still buying VHS tapes. I didn't end up buying dvds until like volume 3.4 of the original dvd releases. And stupid me didn't want to double dip for the 1/2 season sets in 2007/2008. Obviously the intelligent thing to do would be purchase the first three seasons digitally through Amazon. I probably should. But this is likely the final chance that there will ever be to have any of the first couple of seasons on dvd for a decent price.
The last VHS releae ocurred on 26 April 2005 (volume 3.2)

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_o...video_releases
__________________
Because the crossovers doing nothing else than messing up the timeline and other stuff of the 1987-1996 series, I've given up writing fanfiction about it. Instead, I'm trying to reboot the TMNT as many other fanfiction writers do:

Hopefully, stories will later appear at

http://www.fanfiction.net/u/968367/O...NT-Cartoon-Fan
Original TMNT Cartoon Fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2016, 04:45 PM   #356
ABrown
Mad Scientist
 
ABrown's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2010
Location: Northwest Indiana
Posts: 1,231
Quote:
Originally Posted by Original TMNT Cartoon Fan View Post
The last VHS releae ocurred on 26 April 2005 (volume 3.2)
Actually, the last vhs release was 3.3. Here's a listing for it on amazon.com: https://www.amazon.com/Tmnt-Warrior-.../dp/B000929VDG

In addition, I've still got mine:
Attached Images
File Type: jpg returnoftheultimateninja.jpg (40.4 KB, 18 views)
ABrown is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2017, 05:51 AM   #357
Original TMNT Cartoon Fan
Emperor
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Location: Sweden
Posts: 6,387
Quote:
Originally Posted by ABrown View Post
Actually, the last vhs release was 3.3. Here's a listing for it on amazon.com: https://www.amazon.com/Tmnt-Warrior-.../dp/B000929VDG

In addition, I've still got mine:
June 2005 then.
__________________
Because the crossovers doing nothing else than messing up the timeline and other stuff of the 1987-1996 series, I've given up writing fanfiction about it. Instead, I'm trying to reboot the TMNT as many other fanfiction writers do:

Hopefully, stories will later appear at

http://www.fanfiction.net/u/968367/O...NT-Cartoon-Fan
Original TMNT Cartoon Fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Tags
2003 show, dvd releases, nick

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -6. The time now is 07:09 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2017, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.