The Technodrome Forums

Go Back   The Technodrome Forums > TMNT Merchandise > Toy/Collectible Discussion

Notices

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-13-2017, 01:24 PM   #1
TurtleWA
Mad Scientist
 
TurtleWA's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2015
Location: WA
Posts: 1,744
shogun triceraton year

What year markings should shogun triceraton have? 1990? Or 1994? It came out in 94 right? But online photos look like 1990 date on back shoulder. So did parts used over again from the 1990 figure or am I looking at a bad photo? Thanks for helping clear up my confusion. Just want to make sure I'm looking at a genuine figure.
TurtleWA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2017, 04:43 PM   #2
TurtleWA
Mad Scientist
 
TurtleWA's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2015
Location: WA
Posts: 1,744
Alright after further research I'm going with the idea that the mold from the 1990 fig was used over again in 94. Not a surprise.
TurtleWA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2017, 07:45 PM   #3
tmntman
Mad Scientist
 
Join Date: Jun 2003
Location: Madison, WI
Posts: 2,056
Quote:
Originally Posted by TurtleWA View Post
Alright after further research I'm going with the idea that the mold from the 1990 fig was used over again in 94. Not a surprise.
Correct. The Shogun Triceraton is the same mold as the original Triceraton with some extra armor. But they did not change the date on the mold.
__________________


Check out my site at http://www.tmnttoys.com/
or follow me on Twitter, @TMNTtoys
tmntman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2017, 04:20 PM   #4
TurtleWA
Mad Scientist
 
TurtleWA's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2015
Location: WA
Posts: 1,744
Quote:
Originally Posted by tmntman View Post
Correct. The Shogun Triceraton is the same mold as the original Triceraton with some extra armor. But they did not change the date on the mold.
Always helpful with sharing the turtle toy knowledge tmntman, thanks! I decided to pick it up. No accessories but all mint and not missing any armor.

TurtleWA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2017, 08:44 PM   #5
Garfield
Hench Mutant
 
Garfield's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2012
Location: Vermont
Posts: 388
Quote:
Originally Posted by TurtleWA View Post
Alright after further research I'm going with the idea that the mold from the 1990 fig was used over again in 94. Not a surprise.
Yep. that's something done very often in many action figure lines, if a piece or if the figure as a whole is reused, it usually has the stamp from the year of its original inception. That's from my experience.
Garfield is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2017, 08:52 PM   #6
TurtleWA
Mad Scientist
 
TurtleWA's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2015
Location: WA
Posts: 1,744
Quote:
Originally Posted by Garfield View Post
Yep. that's something done very often in many action figure lines, if a piece or if the figure as a whole is reused, it usually has the stamp from the year of its original inception. That's from my experience.
Yeah as I'm gaining more experience with these things I am finding that accessories are also more commonly used over again than I previously thought.
TurtleWA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2017, 07:16 AM   #7
Powder
Endless Screw
 
Powder's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: Shell Ri La
Posts: 24,833
Quote:
Originally Posted by TurtleWA View Post
Yeah as I'm gaining more experience with these things I am finding that accessories are also more commonly used over again than I previously thought.
There was a loooot of that with the old line.
Powder is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -6. The time now is 07:56 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2017, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.