The Technodrome Forums

Go Back   The Technodrome Forums > TMNT Universes > TMNT Movie Discussion

Notices

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-10-2010, 06:02 AM   #81
Vivi
Mad Scientist
 
Vivi's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Location: Ninja HQ, Moon
Posts: 1,063
Hurrah for deleted violence now included (although I believe it always was down here). It would be good if they whacked on the making of and Babara Walters interview.
Vivi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2010, 12:17 AM   #82
Ninja_Shoe_Repair
Hench Mutant
 
Ninja_Shoe_Repair's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Location: Sarasota, FL
Posts: 291
March 12th has come and gone...Anyone overseas actually pick this up yesterday? I was hoping to find some stuff already on youtube.
Ninja_Shoe_Repair is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2010, 01:09 AM   #83
Mutated Turtle
Stone Warrior
 
Mutated Turtle's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Location: Nope.avi
Posts: 825
HOW MANY TIMES IS THIS GONNA BE REALEASED!?they still sell the first verision at k*mart.
Mutated Turtle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2010, 01:22 AM   #84
Ninja_Shoe_Repair
Hench Mutant
 
Ninja_Shoe_Repair's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Location: Sarasota, FL
Posts: 291
go to the 1st and 4th page and you'll see why this one is special. Again, any news from anyone that actually has it since the release date has come and gone?
Ninja_Shoe_Repair is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2010, 03:08 AM   #85
Mutated Turtle
Stone Warrior
 
Mutated Turtle's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Location: Nope.avi
Posts: 825
Quote:
Originally Posted by ck_503 View Post
go to the 1st and 4th page and you'll see why this one is special. Again, any news from anyone that actually has it since the release date has come and gone?
yea,i know.but that dont make it special
Mutated Turtle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2010, 05:54 AM   #86
hudemx
Hench Mutant
 
hudemx's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: Klagenfurt
Posts: 371
Got mine last Monday!

First off the Audiocommentary:
Steve greets the Audience (as I said before) in german: "Guten Tag ... Ich sprechen kein gutes deutsch..." and then goes on to talk about the Movie in english. He tells us where certain scenes were filmed, what was really hard to shoot, why they included the scene with the critters Movie etc.
Also did You know that the Movie was originally planed
Spoiler:
to be release before the Cartoon was on the air? The Movie was planed to be a direct Comicbook adaption in the mid 80s but no Studio or Country (except France and Germany) wanted to invest in the Project?


The Deleted Scenes are complettly german dubbed. As I said before those two scenes were maid to omit the Nunchucks in the UK and german theatrical version.

The alternate Ending... well its great and I would loved to have seen it in theatres as a Postcredits scene!

And now some help with the german Menu screen:
The Main Menu:
Filmstart -> Play Movie
Bonusmaterial
Kapitelauswahl -> Chapterselection
Spracheinstellungen -> Language Selection

Bonusmaterial Menu:
Trailer
Audiokommentar von Steve Barron -> Audiocommentary by Steve Barron
Deleted Scenes
Alternatives Ende -> Alternate Ending

Language Menu:
Sprachen -> Language
Deutsch DD 2.0 -> German
Englisch DD 5.1 -> English

Untertitel -> Subtitles:
Ohne -> Without
Deutsch -> German
Englisch -> English

Filmstart -> Play Movie
Film fortsetzen -> Continue Movie
Hauptmenü -> Main Menu
__________________
German TMNT News Blog:
http://ninjaturtlepower.wordpress.com/

Last edited by hudemx; 03-13-2010 at 06:30 AM.
hudemx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2010, 08:30 AM   #87
gobo
Wacky Action
 
gobo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2003
Location: on Earth
Posts: 12,787
Is the extended ending in Deutsch as well? Do they use the US or UK cut of the film?
__________________
Live and let live... or go to hell.

gobo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2010, 09:57 AM   #88
hudemx
Hench Mutant
 
hudemx's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: Klagenfurt
Posts: 371
Quote:
Originally Posted by gobo View Post
Is the extended ending in Deutsch as well? Do they use the US or UK cut of the film?
No the Extended Ening is in englisch

And they use the Uncut US Version for the Movie as well
__________________
German TMNT News Blog:
http://ninjaturtlepower.wordpress.com/
hudemx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2010, 11:58 AM   #89
jalexbrown
Foot Soldier
 
jalexbrown's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2009
Posts: 137
Does anybody have any links to a site where I can get this shipped to the US?
jalexbrown is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2010, 12:15 PM   #90
gobo
Wacky Action
 
gobo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2003
Location: on Earth
Posts: 12,787
Quote:
Originally Posted by jalexbrown View Post
Does anybody have any links to a site where I can get this shipped to the US?
Cheapest way is to buy one from me for $25 even. But, if you'd rather go with a professional establishment, you can get it from Amazon Germany using your Amazon US account for $10 more. I only have three copies left for fellow collectors.
__________________
Live and let live... or go to hell.

gobo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2010, 04:00 PM   #91
Ninja_Shoe_Repair
Hench Mutant
 
Ninja_Shoe_Repair's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Location: Sarasota, FL
Posts: 291
Anyone on here plan on posting the alternate scenes on youtube?
Ninja_Shoe_Repair is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2010, 12:38 AM   #92
gobo
Wacky Action
 
gobo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2003
Location: on Earth
Posts: 12,787
Devaluing collectables FTW!
__________________
Live and let live... or go to hell.

gobo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2010, 02:53 PM   #93
Ninja_Shoe_Repair
Hench Mutant
 
Ninja_Shoe_Repair's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Location: Sarasota, FL
Posts: 291
I don't consider it de-valueing collectables when us fans have been waiting 20 years for these scenes. For me, the first person to post them, whether from this site or not, will be more respected by me for taking the time to do it.
Ninja_Shoe_Repair is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2010, 04:11 PM   #94
Krutch
Like, stupid rich.
 
Krutch's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2003
Location: The Rawkzone
Posts: 2,188
^^I agree. We've all been in the same 20 year-long boat ride waiting to see the extended ending. I wouldn't consider it devaluing either.
__________________

"900 posts in 12 years, a love for social affairs? Get this normie outta here!" - Powder
Krutch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2010, 05:31 PM   #95
hudemx
Hench Mutant
 
hudemx's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: Klagenfurt
Posts: 371
@ ck_503 & Krutch

Stop complaining! If you want to watch it so damn hard ask gobo if he has got 2 copies left for you to buy!

Theres also the Audiocommentary - don't you wanna listen to it? Or do you also request it to be uploaded on any Streaming Website?

Well I'm pretty sure you wouldn't buy the DVD even if it's got rereleased in the US, because all you want to see is the extended Ending. No wonder New Line doesn't produce a Special Edition of the first Movie...
__________________
German TMNT News Blog:
http://ninjaturtlepower.wordpress.com/
hudemx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2010, 05:58 PM   #96
Krutch
Like, stupid rich.
 
Krutch's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2003
Location: The Rawkzone
Posts: 2,188
Quote:
Originally Posted by hudemx View Post
@ ck_503 & Krutch

Stop complaining! If you want to watch it so damn hard ask gobo if he has got 2 copies left for you to buy!

Theres also the Audiocommentary - don't you wanna listen to it? Or do you also request it to be uploaded on any Streaming Website?

Well I'm pretty sure you wouldn't buy the DVD even if it's got rereleased in the US, because all you want to see is the extended Ending. No wonder New Line doesn't produce a Special Edition of the first Movie...
Uh... I wasn't complaining, nor do I want to watch it so damn "hard".

And before you make assumptions, I'd buy it if it came to USA. Odds are it wont though. I'd like to listen to the commentary as well. I'm just saying that I know there are tons of passionate TMNT fans that have been waiting years for this without the cash to spend on this stuff.

If I bought it I'd upload it for everyone's enjoyment, all I'm saying. Just an opinion; theres no right or wrong here.

Geez dude... relax No need to take personal offense to it.
__________________

"900 posts in 12 years, a love for social affairs? Get this normie outta here!" - Powder
Krutch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2010, 06:04 PM   #97
ToTheNines
[sic]
 
ToTheNines's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Posts: 15,078
Quote:
Originally Posted by hudemx View Post
Well I'm pretty sure you wouldn't buy the DVD even if it's got rereleased in the US, because all you want to see is the extended Ending. No wonder New Line doesn't produce a Special Edition of the first Movie...
You're really really smart.
ToTheNines is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2010, 07:46 PM   #98
Roseangelo
Emperor
 
Roseangelo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2002
Location: California
Posts: 8,202
Quote:
Originally Posted by ck_503 View Post
I don't consider it de-valueing collectables when us fans have been waiting 20 years for these scenes. For me, the first person to post them, whether from this site or not, will be more respected by me for taking the time to do it.
De-valuing was probably the wrong word to use, but when someone spends $30+ dollars on an item because of specific features that it offers, that person isn't likely to go and give away those special features to everyone else for free. Some people do, and that's fine and that's their choice, but if you ask someone to do that and they decline, you really have no right to go get all mad at them.
Roseangelo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2010, 07:52 PM   #99
Ninja_Shoe_Repair
Hench Mutant
 
Ninja_Shoe_Repair's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Location: Sarasota, FL
Posts: 291
LOL...I wasn't mad. I just think it's funny how some members on here are generous and share with other fans and there are others would rather just buy something and keep it to themselves. There's no harm in nor shame in that. I just can't imagine owning a copy of this and not at least showing some of the stuff to other longtime fans who couldn't afford it. Don't you have to have a Region-free DVD player to even play overseas stuff?

If it did come to the United States, I would buy it. I just don't feel like investing in a European copy where I can't even decipher the menus. I would however at least like to see the alternate ending. Am I crazy for making this request? Really?

It's not that big of a deal anyway. There are other European TMNT fans that will surely be uploading this within a week's time anyway so no harm done.
Ninja_Shoe_Repair is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2010, 08:05 PM   #100
Samhain
Dare To Be Stupid!
 
Samhain's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Location: 1313 Mockingbird Lane
Posts: 4,742
Quote:
Originally Posted by ck_503 View Post
LOL...I wasn't mad. I just think it's funny how some members on here are generous and share with other fans and there are others would rather just buy something and keep it to themselves. There's no harm in nor shame in that. I just can't imagine owning a copy of this and not at least showing some of the stuff to other longtime fans who couldn't afford it. Don't you have to have a Region-free DVD player to even play overseas stuff?

If it did come to the United States, I would buy it. I just don't feel like investing in a European copy where I can't even decipher the menus. I would however at least like to see the alternate ending. Am I crazy for making this request? Really?

It's not that big of a deal anyway. There are other European TMNT fans that will surely be uploading this within a week's time anyway so no harm done.
Some people are just that way. No biggie. There are tons of great fans that wanna share this kinda stuff so we will see it.
Samhain is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Tags
dvd releases, live action films

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -6. The time now is 12:00 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2017, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.