The Technodrome Forums

Go Back   The Technodrome Forums > TMNT Universes > 4Kids TMNT Cartoon Discussion

Notices

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-23-2015, 11:24 AM   #1
Luke795
Hench Mutant
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Location: Minnesota
Posts: 358
2003 Show's Nick Releases

http://www.tvshowsondvd.com/news/Tee...Splinter/20890
Luke795 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2015, 11:26 AM   #2
Chaotix12345
Stone Warrior
 
Chaotix12345's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Location: Kentucky
Posts: 595
*Sigh* It's a start, I suppose. Can't say that it isn't frustrating that we had to wait SOOOO long for this show to hit DVD again only for the releases to be back to square one in terms of approach, though. Hope this means good things for potential season sets in the future.
__________________
Chaotix12345 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2015, 11:47 AM   #3
CyberCubed
Overlord
 
CyberCubed's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2004
Posts: 30,806
So let me get this straight, Nick is finally releasing 2k3 DVDs but they're doing them out of order and with random episodes again?

Man, this show just cannot win.
CyberCubed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2015, 11:59 AM   #4
evan2000
Stone Warrior
 
evan2000's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2014
Location: Malaysia
Posts: 850
Even if they're in-order, 3 episodes per disc means 50+ volumes for all 150+ episodes?

I'm wondering why they couldn't fit 6 episodes per disc like the 2012 DVD release. Maybe they are single-layer DVD5 instead of dual-layer DVD9 to save cost.

Although I hope the Nick release has higher bitrate video than the 4Kids release, and possibly 5.1 audio track. We'll see.
__________________
evan2000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2015, 12:02 PM   #5
CyberCubed
Overlord
 
CyberCubed's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2004
Posts: 30,806
They're also skipped around, aren't they? Search for Splinter was the name of the 2-part Season 1 finale.
CyberCubed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2015, 12:11 PM   #6
evan2000
Stone Warrior
 
evan2000's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2014
Location: Malaysia
Posts: 850
Quote:
Originally Posted by CyberCubed View Post
They're also skipped around, aren't they? Search for Splinter was the name of the 2-part Season 1 finale.
Read the article. Their guess is that the first volume contains episode 21-23 (Return to New York 3-parter) and the second volume contains episode 24-26 (Lone Raph and Cub and The Search for Splinter 2-parter). If that the case (and once they release more volumes for episodes 1-20 later) then it wouldn't be out-of-order per se.

I'm more puzzled that there seems to be no numbering system like the 4Kids Volume 1, 2, 3... 14 then 3.1, 3.2, 3.3... etc. Do they expect people to look up Wikipedia to know how the episodes they are buying fit into the series' continuity?
__________________

Last edited by evan2000; 03-23-2015 at 12:17 PM.
evan2000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2015, 12:17 PM   #7
CylonsKlingonsDaleksOhMy
Victory Is Life
 
CylonsKlingonsDaleksOhMy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2004
Posts: 11,568
Sigh...

And THIS is why a lot of us use YouTube to enjoy the show instead of buying +50 DVDs. Seriously, how hard is it to release a television show in just normal frakking season sets? Or hell, two sets per season like the Doctor Who releases?
__________________
CylonsKlingonsDaleksOhMy is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2015, 12:19 PM   #8
rickwj324
Stone Warrior
 
rickwj324's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2013
Location: Richmond, VA
Posts: 961
I've been waiting for this show to get a re-release and now that there's an announcement for it I have to say that I will be skipping it unless there's a proper release. I won't buy random episodes. I truly want to support the releases (to guarantee future releases) but if it's just going to be random eps thrown together then it's a definite no-sale for me.

One of 3 things will have to happen for me to buy:

1)Volume discs (in order) covering the entire series
2)Season sets
3)A Complete Series set (preferable)

Any of the 3 are acceptable, but no random discs, which they most likely will only release a few of, then stop completely.

Damn.... damn....damn! I'm so very disappointed at this news.
rickwj324 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2015, 12:23 PM   #9
CylonsKlingonsDaleksOhMy
Victory Is Life
 
CylonsKlingonsDaleksOhMy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2004
Posts: 11,568
Quote:
Originally Posted by CyberCubed View Post
So let me get this straight, Nick is finally releasing 2k3 DVDs but they're doing them out of order and with random episodes again?

Man, this show just cannot win.
Why is it that most previous incarnations of TMNT are such a pain in the shell to collect? The 2003 cartoon is scattered across 30 or 40 DVDs, and that appears not be changing anytime soon.

And the Tales of the TMNT volumes are collected in order of publication, not according to storyline. For example, if I want to collect the storyline involving Leatherhead and the Replicants plus Hamato Hana, which is issues #8, 23, and 34, I think, I buy Tales of the TMNT Volume 4 TPB, then wait YEARS for further volumes.

... Which is a lot like the way we had to wait for Mirage to actually conclude the storylines (if they ever bothered to, which wasn't often), depressingly enough.

Sometimes it sucks to be a fan.
__________________
CylonsKlingonsDaleksOhMy is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2015, 12:26 PM   #10
CylonsKlingonsDaleksOhMy
Victory Is Life
 
CylonsKlingonsDaleksOhMy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2004
Posts: 11,568
Quote:
Originally Posted by rickwj324 View Post
I've been waiting for this show to get a re-release and now that there's an announcement for it I have to say that I will be skipping it unless there's a proper release. I won't buy random episodes. I truly want to support the releases (to guarantee future releases) but if it's just going to be random eps thrown together then it's a definite no-sale for me.

One of 3 things will have to happen for me to buy:

1)Volume discs (in order) covering the entire series
2)Season sets
3)A Complete Series set (preferable)

Any of the 3 are acceptable, but no random discs, which they most likely will only release a few of, then stop completely.

Damn.... damn....damn! I'm so very disappointed at this news.
I feel your pain... myself, I would prefer Option #2, just because I only would want to own the first four seasons. It also might let Nick make a little more money, which I'm totally okay with--if they weren't insulting us with slapping random episodes into single DVD packages.
__________________
CylonsKlingonsDaleksOhMy is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2015, 12:26 PM   #11
The Turtle Terminator
Stone Warrior
 
The Turtle Terminator's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2013
Posts: 783
It's a start. I guess. But seriously? Out of order. AGAIN! At least the episodes are chronologically numbered 20-26. But why wouldn't they be smart enough to release the first part of the season first. Hopefully this means that the show might be shown on UK TV. That'd make me so happy!
__________________
The Turtle Terminator is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2015, 12:27 PM   #12
Powder
Endless Screw
 
Powder's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: Shell Ri La
Posts: 24,389
What the hell is this sh*t? Nobody's gonna buy that.
Powder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2015, 12:37 PM   #13
evan2000
Stone Warrior
 
evan2000's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2014
Location: Malaysia
Posts: 850
Quote:
Originally Posted by CylonsKlingonsDaleksOhMy View Post
Why is it that most previous incarnations of TMNT are such a pain in the shell to collect? The 2003 cartoon is scattered across 30 or 40 DVDs, and that appears not be changing anytime soon.
Actually there are only 26 volumes to collect:
  • Volume 1-8 (Season 1)
  • Volume 9-14 (Season 2)
  • 3.1, 3.2, 3.3, 3.4, 3.5, 3.6, 3.7, 4 (Season 3 & 4)
  • Michelangelo's Christmas Rescue
  • Ninja Tribunal (Season 5)
  • Fast Forward v1, v2 (Season 6)
Even if you include the two Back to the Sewer volumes (Season 7) from Australia, there are only 28 total volumes, not 30 or 40.
__________________
evan2000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2015, 12:40 PM   #14
neatoman
Foot Elite
 
Join Date: Jul 2014
Location: Stockholm
Posts: 4,147
Quote:
Originally Posted by Powder View Post
What the hell is this sh*t? Nobody's gonna buy that.
Yeah it's pretty crap. Confused parents maybe?

Quote:
Originally Posted by evan2000 View Post
Actually there are only 26 volumes to collect:
  • Volume 1-8 (Season 1)
  • Volume 9-14 (Season 2)
  • 3.1, 3.2, 3.3, 3.4, 3.5, 3.6, 3.7, 4 (Season 3 & 4)
  • Michelangelo's Christmas Rescue
  • Ninja Tribunal (Season 5)
  • Fast Forward v1, v2 (Season 6)
Even if you include the two Back to the Sewer volumes (Season 7) from Australia, there are only 28 total volumes, not 30 or 40.
You know what would have been better? Seven boxsets. Even better, one complete series collection.
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by JTH View Post
Turtles is basically the red-headed stepchild of Nick.
Hahahaha!
neatoman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2015, 01:25 PM   #15
mrminister4446
Thug
 
Join Date: Aug 2014
Posts: 84
Why do people here want DVD's anyways? Why not just watch it on youtube? Plug your laptop to your TV and problem solved.
mrminister4446 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2015, 01:30 PM   #16
neatoman
Foot Elite
 
Join Date: Jul 2014
Location: Stockholm
Posts: 4,147
Quote:
Originally Posted by mrminister4446 View Post
Why do people here want DVD's anyways? Why not just watch it on youtube? Plug your laptop to your TV and problem solved.
Because that's illegal.
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by JTH View Post
Turtles is basically the red-headed stepchild of Nick.
Hahahaha!
neatoman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2015, 01:44 PM   #17
veemonjosh
Foot Soldier
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Posts: 149
Quote:
Originally Posted by mrminister4446 View Post
Why do people here want DVD's anyways? Why not just watch it on youtube? Plug your laptop to your TV and problem solved.
Because the youtube uploads are complete garbage in quality, and the only reason I put up with them is that I have no legal option.

Plus, I'd like to have the 2003 series sitting on my shelf (beyond the volumes I do have) alongside the 80's toon, Next Mutation, and the Nickelodeon series, all of which have had much more respectable releases comparatively.
veemonjosh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2015, 01:44 PM   #18
rickwj324
Stone Warrior
 
rickwj324's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2013
Location: Richmond, VA
Posts: 961
Quote:
Originally Posted by neatoman View Post
Because that's illegal.
and also it's pretty poor quality. I don't mind watching it on a small window on the pc, but there's no way I'd want to watch them on my tv from a crappy youtube feed. Heck, I find it hard to watch most dvd's anymore...been spoiled by HD and blu-ray. I rarely buy a dvd...the Nick turtles being one of the recent exceptions (which really SHOULD BE on blu!!).
rickwj324 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2015, 01:46 PM   #19
Autbot_Benz
I Am The Doctor
 
Autbot_Benz's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2014
Location: Ventura California
Posts: 3,451
Quote:
Originally Posted by neatoman View Post
Because that's illegal.
its not illegal there are tons of Cartoon shows on youtube to watch. If it was Illegal Youtube would have them all taken down and accounts suspended.

I watched the first season of 2003 turtles on youtube.

besides that show came out in 2003 so its old
__________________





I respect what FW cartoon did for the turtles franchise but it is the most overrated and hard to watch of the 3 turtles cartoons.
Autbot_Benz is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2015, 01:50 PM   #20
CyberCubed
Overlord
 
CyberCubed's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2004
Posts: 30,806
Quote:
Originally Posted by Autbot_Benz View Post
its not illegal there are tons of Cartoon shows on youtube to watch. If it was Illegal Youtube would have them all taken down and accounts suspended.
You're confusing companies legally putting their shows up on youtube compared to fans uploaded episodes on youtube. There are official shows on youtube based on official channels, that's why you see stuff up there.

Shows that are put up by fans on youtube are technically illegal. I doubt any of us really care about that, but its a shame we have to resort to youtube rather than proper DVD releases
CyberCubed is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Tags
2003 show, dvd releases, nick

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -6. The time now is 01:18 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2017, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.