The Technodrome Forums

Go Back   The Technodrome Forums > TMNT Merchandise > Toy/Collectible Discussion

Notices

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-01-2015, 05:30 PM   #21
Huzzah
Mad Scientist
 
Huzzah's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Location: Independence, Louisiana
Posts: 1,092
Just because the prototype was shown, doesn't mean we'll be getting it.
Huzzah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2015, 05:51 PM   #22
tmntman
Mad Scientist
 
Join Date: Jun 2003
Location: Madison, WI
Posts: 1,964
Quote:
Originally Posted by Huzzah View Post
Just because the prototype was shown, doesn't mean we'll be getting it.
The three pack with Cluckingsworth, Ice Cream Kitty and Spike is already listed on Target's web site. I'd say that the chances of them not doing them at this point is slim.
__________________


Check out my site at http://www.tmnttoys.com/
or follow me on Twitter, @TMNTtoys
tmntman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2015, 06:27 PM   #23
Ninjinister
Don't break the law
 
Ninjinister's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2004
Location: Moesko Island, WA
Posts: 12,522
Quote:
Originally Posted by Huzzah View Post
Just because the prototype was shown, doesn't mean we'll be getting it.
What's crazier - assuming that it won't or assuming that it will? Considering that more that we see is released than not, I would go with the former.
__________________
Admin of Turtlepedia. If you have any questions or problems, let me know!

I make terrible video games. Please buy them.
Ninjinister is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2015, 07:08 PM   #24
Powder
Endless Screw
 
Powder's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: Shell Ri La
Posts: 23,746
So far we've only had one figure not actually see release, Biotroid, correct? Not counting Classics.
Powder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2015, 07:13 PM   #25
Etsyturtle2
Banned
 
Join Date: Sep 2015
Location: stuff
Posts: 1,722
Quote:
Originally Posted by Powder View Post
So far we've only had one figure not actually see release, Biotroid, correct? Not counting Classics.
I coveted that biotroid
Etsyturtle2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2015, 08:45 PM   #26
Cartoon Fanboy
Hench Mutant
 
Join Date: Sep 2015
Location: San Diego, California
Posts: 264
Quote:
Originally Posted by Powder View Post
So far we've only had one figure not actually see release, Biotroid, correct? Not counting Classics.
Correct, Biotroid was the only figure to be cancelled. I hope Kraang Prime doesn't get cancelled. But, also there was Shredder Lair playset that was cancelled, only that it is a playset and not a figure. I was just mentioning the playset.
Cartoon Fanboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2015, 09:17 PM   #27
SkolNation26
Thug
 
SkolNation26's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2015
Posts: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by zaktheneutrino View Post
Savanti Romero was on display at SDCC (or Toy Fair?) so he is a possible 2016 release.
Very cool! Thanks for the info!!
SkolNation26 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2015, 01:03 AM   #28
darthwahl56
Mad Scientist
 
darthwahl56's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2013
Location: I live in a Sewer.
Posts: 1,092
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cartoon Fanboy View Post
Correct, Biotroid was the only figure to be cancelled. I hope Kraang Prime doesn't get cancelled. But, also there was Shredder Lair playset that was cancelled, only that it is a playset and not a figure. I was just mentioning the playset.
Also the Construction site set for the Zipline sets.
__________________


"Party Wagon on the Move!"
darthwahl56 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2015, 09:03 AM   #29
Cartoon Fanboy
Hench Mutant
 
Join Date: Sep 2015
Location: San Diego, California
Posts: 264
Quote:
Originally Posted by darthwahl56 View Post
Also the Construction site set for the Zipline sets.
Really? Don't remember that one. I hope the cancelled ones get to be sold later on. Especially the Biotroid one.
Cartoon Fanboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2015, 05:30 AM   #30
Freeman
Hench Mutant
 
Freeman's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Location: San Sebastian - Spain
Posts: 446
If they release Pedgeon Pete I'm defenitely getting the LARP set.
__________________
Long is the way of learning.
Endless the way of perfection.
Freeman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2015, 06:21 AM   #31
tmntfanuk
Foot Soldier
 
tmntfanuk's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2014
Location: UK
Posts: 122
Human Karai is. a. must.

Does anyone know if Playmates are at NYCC 2015?
__________________
WANTED: (Clamshell) NECA Raphael and Michelangelo.
tmntfanuk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2015, 06:27 AM   #32
atreyu2112
Foot Soldier
 
atreyu2112's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2012
Location: Long Island, NY
Posts: 207
Playmates was not at NYCC.
atreyu2112 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2015, 10:43 AM   #33
achung10
Mouser
 
Join Date: Aug 2015
Posts: 12
I mean, now we have to get Wyrm.
achung10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2015, 12:41 PM   #34
Powder
Endless Screw
 
Powder's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: Shell Ri La
Posts: 23,746
I will prolly buy Wyrm no matter how his paint/articulation is short-changed, I love that wacky dude.
Powder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2015, 08:06 PM   #35
METALHEAD
Stone Warrior
 
METALHEAD's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Location: san benito texas
Posts: 724
hope they improve the sculpt and articulation for the bay turtles for the 2016 film toyline.
__________________
METALHEAD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2015, 08:32 PM   #36
Zulithe
Ninjutsu Master
 
Zulithe's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Location: NorCal
Posts: 4,805
Quote:
Originally Posted by METALHEAD View Post
hope they improve the sculpt and articulation for the bay turtles for the 2016 film toyline.
Since this is Playmates this is my prediction on the consensus:

"Wow these TMNT 2 figures are terrible the figures from TMNT 1 were so much better!"

It's a depressing thought (especially since Movie 1 figures were nothing special) but just wait and see Because in my mind the trend is clearly towards a decrease in quality, not increase. Of course, even through this decline we have seen a few diamonds in the rough but it's not enough to change the trend.

Regarding TMNT2 figures the best thing Playmates could do is release the larger Classic-sized versions of them with the enhanced articulation and paint apps. This is what would please us the most. I still think the first round of Classic TMNT along with Bebop and Rocksteady are the best figures Playmates has made since Nickelodeon bought the franchise. I'm still at a loss as to why Playmates is not moving forward with that line because those figures sold out everywhere. How is that not a good sign?


Anyway we really need Pete so we can complete our Mutanimals team. Make it happen, Playmates.

Last edited by Zulithe; 10-10-2015 at 08:41 PM.
Zulithe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2015, 01:26 AM   #37
METALHEAD
Stone Warrior
 
METALHEAD's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Location: san benito texas
Posts: 724
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zulithe View Post
Since this is Playmates this is my prediction on the consensus:

"Wow these TMNT 2 figures are terrible the figures from TMNT 1 were so much better!"

It's a depressing thought (especially since Movie 1 figures were nothing special) but just wait and see Because in my mind the trend is clearly towards a decrease in quality, not increase. Of course, even through this decline we have seen a few diamonds in the rough but it's not enough to change the trend.

Regarding TMNT2 figures the best thing Playmates could do is release the larger Classic-sized versions of them with the enhanced articulation and paint apps. This is what would please us the most. I still think the first round of Classic TMNT along with Bebop and Rocksteady are the best figures Playmates has made since Nickelodeon bought the franchise. I'm still at a loss as to why Playmates is not moving forward with that line because those figures sold out everywhere. How is that not a good sign?


Anyway we really need Pete so we can complete our Mutanimals team. Make it happen, Playmates.
Long as they have wrist swivel...and maybe different head sculpts lightly better than the first. *shrugs*
__________________
METALHEAD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2015, 05:08 AM   #38
Ninturtle
Mad Scientist
 
Ninturtle's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2014
Location: Earth
Posts: 1,454
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zulithe View Post
Anyway we really need Pete so we can complete our Mutanimals team. Make it happen, Playmates.
Playmates told me that Pigeon Pete most likely won't be made.
Ninturtle is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2015, 06:58 AM   #39
Mew
Banned
 
Join Date: Dec 2014
Location: In an apartment
Posts: 3,159
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ninturtle View Post
Playmates told me that Pigeon Pete most likely won't be made.
Minimates will probably have him.
Mew is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2015, 07:57 AM   #40
Powder
Endless Screw
 
Powder's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: Shell Ri La
Posts: 23,746
If Minimates made a set of proper Mutanimals, like Rockwell with his gear, Pete being there, I'd cop.
Powder is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -6. The time now is 08:08 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2017, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.