The Technodrome Forums

Go Back   The Technodrome Forums > TMNT Universes > Nick TMNT Cartoon Discussion

Notices

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-09-2017, 07:16 PM   #1
FredWolfLeonardo
Stone Warrior
 
FredWolfLeonardo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2016
Location: Fourside
Posts: 661
Could the new show be the Nick turtles in space?

Remember the season 4 episode of the Nick show called "Earths Last Stand"? At the end of the episode, the past turtles head off with fugitoid to have adventures in space.

Do you think its possible that the new show is actually just the adventures of the Alternate Nick turtles in space, done using 2D animation in the style of Half Shell Heroes? Yes or no, what do you think of this idea?

To me personally, it sounds like this idea could actually work since they can get the 2012 VAs to reprise their roles instead of going through the hassles of a new cast, giving fans of the current show a reason to check out the new one. Also, the concept of the turtles having adventures in space without the threat of the Triceratons blowing up earth sounds more in line with the lighthearted and more kid friendly nature of the new show.

Last edited by FredWolfLeonardo; 03-09-2017 at 07:23 PM.
FredWolfLeonardo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2017, 07:25 PM   #2
TurtleTitan97
Space Cowboy
 
TurtleTitan97's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Location: Speed Force
Posts: 6,355
The description for the new series didn't even mention anything about space adventures, so I highly doubt that's the case.
__________________
TMNT Fan Club:




TurtleTitan97 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2017, 07:33 PM   #3
Coola Yagami
Emperor
 
Coola Yagami's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2004
Posts: 7,072
What part of ALL NEWS SHOW do you not understand? This show will have as much to do with 2012 as Beware the Batman had to do with the Animated Series.
__________________
http://markandpaigerodriguez.blogspot.com/ Our blog on random stuff from TMNT to Batman comics to whatever else hits our mind. Also a member of the Heroes in a Halfact Podcast series.
our video game review Youtube channel.
http://www.youtube.com/user/VideoGameMasters09
v=ufYzGoquORs[/url]
Coola Yagami is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2017, 07:36 PM   #4
turtlefanforever
Foot Elite
 
Join Date: Jan 2014
Posts: 3,068
no

I've heard nothing but bad things about the space arc from the 2012 series. Even the die hards of 2012 say its the worst arc there is. So i can't imagine that'd be it.

And besides that its so "gimmicky" that the longevity of a series like that would really come into question.

I get that "mystic turtles" is sort of a gimmick itself but there are more possibilities there. In space is so limited.
turtlefanforever is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2017, 07:42 PM   #5
FredWolfLeonardo
Stone Warrior
 
FredWolfLeonardo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2016
Location: Fourside
Posts: 661
Quote:
Originally Posted by Coola Yagami View Post
What part of ALL NEWS SHOW do you not understand? This show will have as much to do with 2012 as Beware the Batman had to do with the Animated Series.
To be fair though, beware the batman was released more than 10 years after TAS while this show is probably gonna air in a matter of months after the Nick show finishes.

And a show that has some connection to another show automatically doesn't disqualify from being an all new show. It could start with the past turtles, April and Casey time travelling with fugitoid to an alternate reality where they are all 2D in a brand new setting.
FredWolfLeonardo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2017, 07:52 PM   #6
Autbot_Benz
I Am The Doctor
 
Autbot_Benz's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2014
Location: Ventura California
Posts: 3,006
again this new 2018 show doesn't have anything to do with the 2012 show as Coola Said so that's not gonna happen. Its its own show. Ciro won't be working on it either.
__________________






I respect what FW cartoon did for the turtles franchise but it is the most overrated and hard to watch of the 3 turtles cartoons.
Autbot_Benz is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2017, 08:04 PM   #7
CyberCubed
Overlord
 
CyberCubed's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2004
Posts: 29,038
Quote:
Originally Posted by turtlefanforever View Post
I've heard nothing but bad things about the space arc from the 2012 series. Even the die hards of 2012 say its the worst arc there is. So i can't imagine that'd be it..
And those people are completely wrong. Most of the space arc besides some of the duller episodes were well received.
CyberCubed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2017, 08:19 PM   #8
victory_angel
Foot Elite
 
victory_angel's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2013
Location: Ca
Posts: 2,647
The major problem with the Space arc is that the Turtles are in a new setting, but we don't really get to flesh out that setting because

1. New York will aways be their home.

2. There was the added pressure of the Turtles having to stop the Triceraton's from destroying the Earth and they only have six months to do it.

The space arc started with so much going on, the Turtle had just lost their sensei and the Earth along with him. They are picked up by a robot guy who seems to save them completely by chance, and then they are transported six months into the past in order to prevent Earth's destruction for occurring.

There were some interesting places and people used, but we never really get to flesh out that world or that character because there is a time limit to their adventure.

But yet when we see the Turtles kicking around and acting like they have all the time in the world we are left saying "Um guys...isn't there a death machine out there that is going to such your world into a black hole. Don't you think you should be trying to find it rather than watching some Chris Bradford Cartoon?"

With the temporal clones of the Turtles, April, and Casey that does open the door to a spinoff that does focus on the Turtles exploring space, without any conflicts or priorities. So being able to see the Turtles in Space and being able to flesh out the people, the various worlds, add other villains like the Federation for example.

But the current reboot cartoon is just starting things over from the beginning with the Turtles discovering New York and tapping into skills they didn't even know they had.
__________________
victory_angel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2017, 07:17 AM   #9
BubblyShell22
Leo-holic
 
BubblyShell22's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Location: Indiana
Posts: 16,163
Quote:
Originally Posted by turtlefanforever View Post
I've heard nothing but bad things about the space arc from the 2012 series. Even the die hards of 2012 say its the worst arc there is. So i can't imagine that'd be it.

And besides that its so "gimmicky" that the longevity of a series like that would really come into question.

I get that "mystic turtles" is sort of a gimmick itself but there are more possibilities there. In space is so limited.
I had no problem with the space arc and thought it was better than the 2003 version of it.
__________________
"A warrior who never fails, never learns."-The Ancient One.

"Embrace your inner a**holiness."-Mr. Anderson.
BubblyShell22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2017, 10:00 AM   #10
LeotheLateBloomer
Mad Scientist
 
LeotheLateBloomer's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2013
Posts: 1,399
Quote:
Originally Posted by FredWolfLeonardo View Post
To be fair though, beware the batman was released more than 10 years after TAS while this show is probably gonna air in a matter of months after the Nick show finishes.

And a show that has some connection to another show automatically doesn't disqualify from being an all new show. It could start with the past turtles, April and Casey time travelling with fugitoid to an alternate reality where they are all 2D in a brand new setting.
Moreover, Brave and the Bold aired eight months after The Batman ended in the same year and those two toons are nothing related or anything alike in terms of tone, so I'm afraid that's not a good comparison.

They already said that it's a new 2D animated series where the turtles will "seek to unlock the mystical secrets of New York City." So no chance of this being anything related to the space episodes. What made you think this, guy?
LeotheLateBloomer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2017, 10:06 AM   #11
ABrown
Mad Scientist
 
ABrown's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2010
Location: Northwest Indiana
Posts: 1,171
No, the turtles went to go experience all of the events that the turtles had thus far during the fourth season, thus completing the new time line.
ABrown is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2017, 10:51 AM   #12
WebLurker
Hench Mutant
 
WebLurker's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2016
Posts: 311
Quote:
Originally Posted by turtlefanforever View Post
I've heard nothing but bad things about the space arc from the 2012 series. Even the die hards of 2012 say its the worst arc there is. So i can't imagine that'd be it.
While not flawless, I actually liked it overall. I am a sci-fi fan though (Star Trek, Star Wars, etc.), so that may factor in.


Quote:
Originally Posted by ABrown View Post
No, the turtles went to go experience all of the events that the turtles had thus far during the fourth season, thus completing the new time line.
That doesn't work; history was already changed; there's nothing for the extra Turtles to do. Besides, the chain of events in the new timeline depended on the Turtles who went looking for the generator were the ones who experienced the timeline where the Triceretons were victorious.

(On top of that, the time-travel episode with Renet seemed to show that in this TMNT universe, time travel can involve both stable loops and times where things just change with no loop.)
__________________
"Einstein did his best stuff when he was working as a patent clerk!" - Dr. Peter Venkman, Ghostbusters
WebLurker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2017, 01:32 PM   #13
Splinter the boss
Stone Warrior
 
Splinter the boss's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2015
Location: USA
Posts: 623
To the question: No, that would be redundant.
__________________
Splinter the boss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2017, 09:42 PM   #14
Jephael
That whack job behind you
 
Jephael's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2002
Location: Carlisle, Pennsylvania
Posts: 7,812
Quote:
Originally Posted by FredWolfLeonardo View Post
Remember the season 4 episode of the Nick show called "Earths Last Stand"? At the end of the episode, the past turtles head off with fugitoid to have adventures in space.

Do you think its possible that the new show is actually just the adventures of the Alternate Nick turtles in space, done using 2D animation in the style of Half Shell Heroes? Yes or no, what do you think of this idea?

To me personally, it sounds like this idea could actually work since they can get the 2012 VAs to reprise their roles instead of going through the hassles of a new cast, giving fans of the current show a reason to check out the new one. Also, the concept of the turtles having adventures in space without the threat of the Triceratons blowing up earth sounds more in line with the lighthearted and more kid friendly nature of the new show.
OMG, you really don't know how time travel works. The "past" Turtles, April and Casey went with their Fugitoid to go back in time and basically do exactly what the "current" Turtles did in the first half season 4. It's pretty much implied that's what happened even though they don't outright say it.

It's just like that scene in Back to the Future when Marty McFly arrived in 1985 several minutes early in attempt to save Doc, only to witness his own past self going back in time.

Also if the past TMNT were to not go back in time, then the current TMNT would pretty much cease to exist anyway.
__________________
"I like it. Simple, but effective!"
Raphael; The Mean Machines

Jephael is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2017, 09:49 PM   #15
PApagreg
Stone Warrior
 
PApagreg's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2013
Posts: 684
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jephael View Post
OMG, you really don't know how time travel works. The "past" Turtles, April and Casey went with their Fugitoid to go back in time and basically do exactly what the "current" Turtles did in the first half season 4. It's pretty much implied that's what happened even though they don't outright say it.

It's just like that scene in Back to the Future when Marty McFly arrived in 1985 several minutes early in attempt to save Doc, only to witness his own past self going back in time.

Also if the past TMNT were to not go back in time, then the current TMNT would pretty much cease to exist anyway.
Except that the "past turtles" don't have reason why to go back, its more like if Marty went back like 5 minutes earlier and warned Doc not to go in the parking lot want is there for "past marty" to do Doc hasn't been shot.
__________________
PApagreg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2017, 09:59 PM   #16
Jephael
That whack job behind you
 
Jephael's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2002
Location: Carlisle, Pennsylvania
Posts: 7,812
Quote:
Originally Posted by PApagreg View Post
the "past turtles" don't have reason why to go back, its more like if Marty went back like 5 minutes earlier and warned Doc not to go in the parking lot want is there for "past marty" to do Doc hasn't been shot.
Quite the contrary. In both cases the past versions of the heroes have to go back in time to do exactly what their current selves did earlier in order to maintain the timeline, otherwise there'd be a major time paradox. Also in both cases therein lies the question of how time travel effects your memories. While we never get a straight answer from Bob Gale on how altering the past effects Marty and Doc's memory, the case here with Fugitoid taking the TMNT back in time left me wondering if they indeed created a new timeline or if the time warp effected their memories, making them merely believe they saw a worst case scenario where Shredder killed Splinter and the Earth get sucked into a black hole.
__________________
"I like it. Simple, but effective!"
Raphael; The Mean Machines

Jephael is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2017, 11:25 PM   #17
FredWolfLeonardo
Stone Warrior
 
FredWolfLeonardo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2016
Location: Fourside
Posts: 661
In the episode "Beyond the Known Universe", Fugitoid stated that the turtles had only one chance to travel back in time to save the Earth. Going by that, I don't think the past turtles would've been able to go back and alter the timeline after it had already been done once.
FredWolfLeonardo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2017, 11:51 PM   #18
Jephael
That whack job behind you
 
Jephael's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2002
Location: Carlisle, Pennsylvania
Posts: 7,812
Quote:
Originally Posted by FredWolfLeonardo View Post
Fugitoid stated that the turtles had only one chance to travel back in time to save the Earth. Going by that, I don't think the past turtles would've been able to go back and alter the timeline after it had already been done once.
The Fugitoid who showed up to pick up the past TMNT had yet to use the time warp in the first place, hence it technically only happened once. Once those TMNT go back in time to do everything we saw their future selves do, they'll eventually return home to Earth and team up with their past selves, thus creating an infinite time loop. It's just like that scene in Bill and Ted's Excellent Adventures when they briefly meet their future selves and later are their future selves talking to their past selves. It's basically the same moment in time, but from a different point of view.
__________________
"I like it. Simple, but effective!"
Raphael; The Mean Machines

Jephael is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2017, 12:27 AM   #19
WebLurker
Hench Mutant
 
WebLurker's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2016
Posts: 311
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jephael View Post
The Fugitoid who showed up to pick up the past TMNT had yet to use the time warp in the first place, hence it technically only happened once. Once those TMNT go back in time to do everything we saw their future selves do, they'll eventually return home to Earth and team up with their past selves, thus creating an infinite time loop. It's just like that scene in Bill and Ted's Excellent Adventures when they briefly meet their future selves and later are their future selves talking to their past selves. It's basically the same moment in time, but from a different point of view.
But if the extra Turtles go back in time to find the Generator parts, won't they just run into their other selves doing the same, as we saw in the other episodes? There's a Pinky and the Brain episode that uses the time loop like you describe, and the circumstances don't mesh here, as far as I can tell.
__________________
"Einstein did his best stuff when he was working as a patent clerk!" - Dr. Peter Venkman, Ghostbusters
WebLurker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2017, 01:10 AM   #20
victory_angel
Foot Elite
 
victory_angel's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2013
Location: Ca
Posts: 2,647
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jephael View Post
The Fugitoid who showed up to pick up the past TMNT had yet to use the time warp in the first place, hence it technically only happened once. Once those TMNT go back in time to do everything we saw their future selves do, they'll eventually return home to Earth and team up with their past selves, thus creating an infinite time loop. It's just like that scene in Bill and Ted's Excellent Adventures when they briefly meet their future selves and later are their future selves talking to their past selves. It's basically the same moment in time, but from a different point of view.
I think the best options are they disappeared and by that argument merged with their counterparts. Because they were about to becomes the what the turtles were in the finale. However there were subtile changes such as Mozar asking if they had met him before and the Turtles responding that no they had not.

And due to the Turtles from the previous reality showing up and saving the day, the other Turtles go into space and pretty much disappear to close the time paradox that was caused by their counter parts.
__________________

Last edited by victory_angel; 03-11-2017 at 01:21 AM.
victory_angel is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -6. The time now is 05:33 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2017, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.