The Technodrome Forums

Go Back   The Technodrome Forums > TMNT Universes > General TMNT Discussion

Notices

Old 09-12-2014, 01:32 PM   #4201
Coola Yagami
Emperor

Quote:
Originally Posted by turtle1237 View Post
But April OT April that is did came at a time when women were drawn as , well you get the point lol.

April was drawn with a big butt and well some big breast. Funny most cartoon women in the 1980's were drawn that way, The 3 biggest examples are April O'Neil, Teela and Princess Ariel from Thundarr.

Since the webpage I used for pics is down for the movement I hope this work.

But here is Teela and Ariel and the big focus on MOST of the 1980's cartoons.
It was just the era I guess.
Yeah back then everyone was drawn realistic looking sorta. Nowadays everyone is either drawn with weird jagged edges and angular or they're literally a bunch of squares and triangles slapped together. Everyone is drawn more stylized and less real and in a way, more cartoony.
v=ufYzGoquORs[/url]
Coola Yagami is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2014, 04:23 PM   #4202
turtle1237
Stone Warrior

Quote:
Originally Posted by Coola Yagami View Post
Yeah back then everyone was drawn realistic looking sorta. Nowadays everyone is either drawn with weird jagged edges and angular or they're literally a bunch of squares and triangles slapped together. Everyone is drawn more stylized and less real and in a way, more cartoony.
Yeah, Mostly they less real like Johnny Bravo or PowerPuff girls. But other cartoons like Avatar look pretty life like for a cartoon. But the women are drawn in a way were they look good, but there not super hot.

Which is why I brought up April, Teela and Ariel, plus other cartoons. If you watch any of the cartoons in the 80's, You notice they were well build.
My double snap shot came from the he-man and Thundarr WB collection I got. Glad they put them on DVD, but sometimes watching the cartoon, I cant help not look at the butts of the women and thinking the animators got away with a lot. I sort of believe they were too SEXY for TV in a way.

If you look at Wonder Woman today in the cartoon movies, and Wonder Woman in the 1980's Superfreinds. You notice 80's Wonder Woman is double in bust size and had a rear to boot.

If you take Wonder Woman from the 1970's of Superfreinds, and see Wonder Woman of the 1980's of SuperFreinds. You see a big change in how they animated her. In the 70's, Wonder Woman was not as well build, but by the 80's with Superfreinds still going strong, they gave her a bigger bust. It was something I notice watching the 80's cartoon. And April O'Neil was part of that.
turtle1237 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2014, 06:14 PM   #4203
Coola Yagami
Emperor

Quote:
Originally Posted by turtle1237 View Post
Yeah, Mostly they less real like Johnny Bravo or PowerPuff girls. But other cartoons like Avatar look pretty life like for a cartoon. But the women are drawn in a way were they look good, but there not super hot.

Which is why I brought up April, Teela and Ariel, plus other cartoons. If you watch any of the cartoons in the 80's, You notice they were well build.
My double snap shot came from the he-man and Thundarr WB collection I got. Glad they put them on DVD, but sometimes watching the cartoon, I cant help not look at the butts of the women and thinking the animators got away with a lot. I sort of believe they were too SEXY for TV in a way.

If you look at Wonder Woman today in the cartoon movies, and Wonder Woman in the 1980's Superfreinds. You notice 80's Wonder Woman is double in bust size and had a rear to boot.

If you take Wonder Woman from the 1970's of Superfreinds, and see Wonder Woman of the 1980's of SuperFreinds. You see a big change in how they animated her. In the 70's, Wonder Woman was not as well build, but by the 80's with Superfreinds still going strong, they gave her a bigger bust. It was something I notice watching the 80's cartoon. And April O'Neil was part of that.
Yeah, or they don't wear clothes that are that form fitting. Like 2K3 April. Throughout the whole series she never wore anything particularly form-fitting. It was always loose and baggy. Even her black bodysuit when she started fighting before the art shift didn't hug her ass as tightly as April's yellow jumpsuit from the 80's did. It was weird with that yellow jumpsuit. At times the outfit was hanging off her, and at times the outfit was almost skintight.
v=ufYzGoquORs[/url]
Coola Yagami is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2014, 10:26 AM   #4204
turtlefanforever
Foot Elite

hey

Need some help here. I'm astonished by how hard it is to find this online I've been looking for a good while now. I need a good quality pic from the original theme where all 4 turtles are sort of in a collage. You know the part where they all form a square out of 4 smaller squares in the theme song? Yeah anyone that can send that would be great.
turtlefanforever is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2014, 10:56 AM   #4205
turtlefanforever
Foot Elite

hmm

anybody?? c'mon man.
Old 10-09-2014, 11:15 AM   #4206
evan2000
Stone Warrior

Quote:
Originally Posted by turtlefanforever View Post
Need some help here. I'm astonished by how hard it is to find this online I've been looking for a good while now. I need a good quality pic from the original theme where all 4 turtles are sort of in a collage. You know the part where they all form a square out of 4 smaller squares in the theme song? Yeah anyone that can send that would be great.
You mean like this, but the OT version?

I couldn't find such scene in the OT theme song. Do you have a lower resolution version of the image you're asking for? Or do you know which season/episode contains that image? Perhaps I can snapshot it for you from my DVD.
evan2000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2014, 05:11 PM   #4207
Shark_Blade
Scarlet Flame

They form a square?... I don't even remember that.

At what lyric part of the song?

Jughead Jones was here. In a little town called Riverdale...
Shark_Blade is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2014, 10:53 AM   #4208
turtlefanforever
Foot Elite

yes!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by evan2000 View Post
You mean like this, but the OT version?

http://i.imgur.com/jHPgl0R.png

I couldn't find such scene in the OT theme song. Do you have a lower resolution version of the image you're asking for? Or do you know which season/episode contains that image? Perhaps I can snapshot it for you from my DVD.
THAT BUT FROM THE Original toon
Old 10-11-2014, 02:23 PM   #4209
evan2000
Stone Warrior

Quote:
Originally Posted by turtlefanforever View Post
THAT BUT FROM THE Original toon
I couldn't find it. Do you know which season/episode was it from?
evan2000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2014, 10:17 AM   #4210
thebatosai
Mouser

Quote:
Originally Posted by evan2000 View Post
I couldn't find it. Do you know which season/episode was it from?
TMNT 2k3 - Season 2 opening, pause at 00:47.
thebatosai is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2016, 05:29 PM   #4211
Darth Knuckles
Stone Warrior

This probably isn't the best place for this question, but I was wondering if anyone had any Archie Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles Adventures wallpapers. I would prefer ones where the characters are drawn by Chris Allan, but if anyone has any at all I'd appreciate the help.
Old 02-04-2016, 07:38 AM   #4212
oldmanwinters
Emperor

haha, I saw this and thought this is exactly what we need for the TMNT cartoons! Granted, tonemaster has historically been just as good as such a thing.
http://mashable.com/2016/02/04/the-s.../#_tDahl.FpqqZ

Experience the TMNT Fan Commentaries!
Check out my TMNT fan comic, "Nothing to Fear"!
View my sketch work!
I'm selling some of my hard-to-find TMNT items!
oldmanwinters is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
screencaps