The Technodrome Forums

Go Back   The Technodrome Forums > General Forums > General Discussion > TV and Movies

Notices

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 05-11-2018, 07:22 PM   #11
Storm Eagle
Saved by

Quote:
Originally Posted by sdp View Post
Not a purchase but I stumbled across this:
https://www.amazon.com/Samurai-Pizza.../dp/B018ENE3G6

Standard Definition on Blu-Ray and all 52 episodes of Samurai Pizza Cats in only one disc.

I thought it was illegal to publish SD shows on BR? I've never seen that backed up by any real source and I've always taken people's word for it but maybe it's wrong?

That was put out by Diskotek Media. That's one of two companies I know of that have done that sort of thing. I don't know how they're getting away with it, but it's one of three titles they've done that with to my knowledge. So it's not that many.

The other company I know of who has done that is Golden Gate Films. They once put out a Blu-ray called Westerns Unchained, which is a Blu-ray of 25 films in standard definition on one Blu-ray disc. The other release of theirs that's like that is called Wu-Tang: The Iron Fist Collection, which is also a Blu-ray disc containing 25 standard definition movies. I've read customer reviews and they're not very happy with the overall quality.

Jam-packing a whole season's worth of episodes doesn't seem like something commonly practiced, and there's probably a good reason for that, illegal or not. Mill Creek Entertainment once announced plans to put out He-Man and the Masters of the Universe on Blu-ray, but then plans were scrapped when they found out that they don't have the proper masters for it. World Events Productions was even going to put out Voltron: Fleet of Doom on Blu-ray, and canceled that probably for the same reason.

Now as for my latest haul....

The Karate Kid part 3

I already have the first two on Blu-ray, so even though this is a BD-R, I thought I'd just bite the bullet and complete the set. It really should have been part of the set with the first two. I can live without The Next Karate Kid, however.
Storm Eagle is offline   Reply With Quote