The Technodrome Forums

Go Back   The Technodrome Forums > General Forums > General Discussion > TV and Movies

Notices

Old 09-30-2014, 07:54 PM   #81
blindturtle02
Foot Elite

Quote:
Originally Posted by snake View Post
I love the riddler pandering in the show.

"Oh Edward NIGMA, stop with your RIDDLES! Always asking QUESTIONS and RIDDLES. RIDDLES. RIDDLES."

Bullock looks to the camera,

'Ya get it? He's the riddler!"
I hated having to shut my cable off to save around $170 a month, but glad I'm able to buy these for about a dollar or so a week. I sort of looked ahead at the upcoming episode titles and have to say that by the sound of things, it's shaping up to be an intense first half of the season. I'd like to think I wouldn't have spoiled the episodes for myself if they'd given synopses.

I've always liked the Gotham PD, so it's great being able to explore that relationship between Gordon and Bullock here. It's Batman related, so I think I'm officially hooked. They just better have it up on amazon instant vid or iTunes every week soon after each episode airs, or I'll be sad.
Old 09-30-2014, 07:57 PM   #82
snake
Disgusting

Quote:
Originally Posted by blindturtle02 View Post
I hated having to shut my cable off to save around $170 a month, but glad I'm able to buy these for about a dollar or so a week. I sort of looked ahead at the upcoming episode titles and have to say that by the sound of things, it's shaping up to be an intense first half of the season. I'd like to think I wouldn't have spoiled the episodes for myself if they'd given synopses.

I've always liked the Gotham PD, so it's great being able to explore that relationship between Gordon and Bullock here. It's Batman related, so I think I'm officially hooked. They just better have it up on amazon instant vid or iTunes every week soon after each episode airs, or I'll be sad.
Get the fox app. It requires no sign in and you can watch episodes up to 40 days after they air.
snake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2014, 11:27 PM   #83
Slade
god status

Watched second episode today. Wasn't too shabby.
Slade is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2014, 03:45 AM   #84
ObiWanFan4life
Mad Scientist

I like the show so far, I like the actors, especially the guys playing Jim Gordon, Harvey Bullock and Oswald Cobblepot. However, I have a few issues.

I can't get used to Jada Pinkett-Smith's accent. I also think it was a wasted opportunity to kill off the Waynes in the first episode. I mean, Bruce Wayne's going to be a kid for the entire show, so why not save the desth of his parents for the season finale, when we've gotten time to know them. But my biggest problem with the first two episodes is the lack of subtlety with the easter eggs, like they call Selina Kyle "Cat" because she'll become Catwoman, or they called that girl "Ivy" instead of calling her Pam or Lily.

Last edited by ObiWanFan4life; 10-01-2014 at 03:54 AM.
ObiWanFan4life is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2014, 06:48 AM   #85
Slade
god status

Yeah I'm not a fan of Selina telling everyone to call her cat and it's like they had to name the girl Ivy so people would know that's who it's supposed to be. That's not even Poison Ivy's real name.

I don't think I caught a Joker reference in this one.
Slade is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2014, 08:08 AM   #86
BubblyShell22
Leo-holic

Quote:
Originally Posted by CyberCubed View Post
This show feels like someones truly awful fanfiction brought to life on TV. I'm pretty sure if you look up Batman fanfiction from the early 2000's you'll find a concept just like this.
No it isn't anything like that. It's a really good show that's very well-written for how it is. You can tell the writers respect the franchise and want to do all they can to stay true to it. I loved how Bruce was testing himself and trying to let go of his fear. Alfred was a bit harsh, but I can see why he would be because he cares about Bruce and doesn't want any harm to come to him. I love how Jim is sort of a mentor to Bruce and hope to see more of them later.

I like Selina's nickname and think she's a pretty intriguing character. Can't wait to see more with her. Same goes for Fish Moony.

"Embrace your inner a**holiness."-Mr. Anderson.
BubblyShell22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2014, 01:58 PM   #87
TurtleTitan97
Space Cowboy

I think this show's version of Selina Kyle is definitely on of my favorite things about the show. The show has its rough edges that could be smoothen out, but other than that it's (so far) better that I expected it to be.

TurtleTitan97 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2014, 01:59 PM   #88
snake
Disgusting

Calls herself Cat.
Is seen with a cat in the first episode
Wears black, like a cat
Likes to claw at things

G-guys, I think she may be Catwoman.
Old 10-01-2014, 02:02 PM   #89
TurtleTitan97
Space Cowboy

Quote:
Calls herself Cat.
Is seen with a cat in the first episode
Wears black, like a cat
Likes to claw at things

G-guys, I think she may be Catwoman.
And here I thought she was Lady Shiva!

TurtleTitan97 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2014, 05:01 PM   #90
BubblyShell22
Leo-holic

Really? I had no idea. They probably did that though for people who may not be familiar with the Batman franchise or for people who are only vaguely aware of it. Hardcore fans will know immediately that she's Catwoman because they know that Selina Kyle is her original name while others may not know that. I do like her in this though and think she's pretty neat.

Old 10-01-2014, 06:47 PM   #91
Brodie
Certified Teacher

They're on the second episode. Be a little more ****ing subtle, and ease into it. Jesus. Its awful.
Old 10-01-2014, 07:53 PM   #92
snake
Disgusting

Quote:
Originally Posted by BubblyShell22 View Post
Really? I had no idea. They probably did that though for people who may not be familiar with the Batman franchise or for people who are only vaguely aware of it. Hardcore fans will know immediately that she's Catwoman because they know that Selina Kyle is her original name while others may not know that. I do like her in this though and think she's pretty neat.
I was just joking. It was pretty obvious she was Catwoman.
Old 10-02-2014, 12:51 AM   #93
Raph's Girl
Dierna Soul, Reporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Roman Reigns View Post
I don't think I caught a Joker reference in this one.
Spoiler:
Bullock backed into another cop who called him a clown.
Also I face palmed when Jim exclaimed "Freeze!" and that lady told the goon "Hush..."

Oh and the bad guy this week that was wanting those kids was Dollmaker. We last saw him making rounds in "Arrow". And speaking of Arrow for like 2 seconds a Queen Industries (or whatever the company is called) building was seen! So now will a young Ollie pop up (since the show is supposed to be in the past)??

There's also a preview that shows some upcoming stuff. One of the villains popping up is fricken Professor Pyg!! Like WTH?!

U can see Pyg at the 1:58 mark...right before Victor Zsasz pop up... yeah he's in the show too.

Old 10-02-2014, 06:19 AM   #94
chrisdude
Foot Elite

If it was up to me, Selina would be carrying a cat, hissing at people, and making cat puns.
chrisdude is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2014, 07:14 AM   #95
Sumac
Banned

Quote:
If it was up to me, Selina would be carrying a cat, hissing at people, and making cat puns.
"What have killed dinosaurus? Kitty Litter!! Ha-ha-ha-ha..."
Nah.
Sumac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2014, 03:10 PM   #96
BubblyShell22
Leo-holic

Quote:
I was just joking. It was pretty obvious she was Catwoman.
Yeah, I know. I do agree that they could be a bit more subtle about it, but that's the way they want to do it for the people who may not know much about Batman, so I get that.

Old 10-02-2014, 05:58 PM   #97
Raph's Girl
Dierna Soul, Reporter

Nicholas D'Agosto has been cast as Harvey Dent.... At the rate this show is going most of Bruce's enemies will be 40 - 60 by the time he becomes Batman. Seriously Nicolas is 34!

He's described as
Quote:
"a bright, charming, idealistic Assistant District Attorney whose sole mission is to eradicate the crime and corruption that has poisoned Gotham."
http://www.comicbookresources.com/?p...ticle&id=55970
Old 10-02-2014, 06:02 PM   #98
snake
Disgusting

Quote:
Originally Posted by chrisdude View Post
This. I'd laugh so hard.
Old 10-03-2014, 06:55 AM   #99
BubblyShell22
Leo-holic

So now we've got Harvey Bullock and now Harvey Dent a.k.a. Two Face. Interesting. I do also hope there's a time jump sometime down the line, or this is going to be weird. The writes did say that eventually he would put on the cape and become Batman by the end, so it makes sense that there would have to be a time jump.

Old 10-03-2014, 08:20 PM   #100
NinjaPug
Foot Elite

Just can't get into this show. I have no desire to see Batman's rogues without Batman.

I really really really hate the idea of the Joker showing up on this show when Bruce is only a kid. Makes no sense.

The Fish Mooney character is easily the worst. Such terrible acting. This show is so campy but they don't realize it and think they're being serious.
NinjaPug is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
cuckfall, cuckham, cuckmissioner gordon, god i love being a sjw, got ham