The Technodrome Forums

Go Back   The Technodrome Forums > General Forums > General Discussion > TV and Movies

Notices

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-29-2019, 12:37 PM   #21
Autbot_Benz
Hellblazer
 
Autbot_Benz's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2014
Location: Ventura California
Posts: 5,873
Quote:
Originally Posted by CyberCubed View Post
Man I will have to youtube this. The only parts of these shows worth watching is the lesbian stuff, which you can just youtube, and skip all the rest.
once again dusts off the old Technodrome saying folder and pulls out

Nobody cares about your boner cubed
__________________





I respect what FW cartoon did for the turtles franchise but it is the most overrated and hard to watch of the 3 turtles cartoons.
Autbot_Benz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2020, 02:07 PM   #22
ZariusTwo
Overlord
 
ZariusTwo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2003
Location: Britain, DINO THUNDER...POWER UP!
Posts: 16,660
It's been picked up and will go to series

https://ew.com/tv/2020/01/14/cw-earl...wVqOYH6hie_D_M
ZariusTwo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2020, 03:37 PM   #23
Autbot_Benz
Hellblazer
 
Autbot_Benz's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2014
Location: Ventura California
Posts: 5,873
Quote:
Originally Posted by ZariusTwo View Post
It's been picked up and will go to series

https://ew.com/tv/2020/01/14/cw-earl...wVqOYH6hie_D_M
Im glad to hear this. I think Tyler Hochlin is a good Superman. Now that he has his own show he hopefully won't be Supercucked anymore. Like he was on Supergirl.
__________________





I respect what FW cartoon did for the turtles franchise but it is the most overrated and hard to watch of the 3 turtles cartoons.
Autbot_Benz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2020, 03:38 PM   #24
Andrew NDB
Weed Whacker
 
Andrew NDB's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Location: Auburn, WA
Posts: 19,134
Quote:
Originally Posted by Autbot_Benz View Post
Im glad to hear this. I think Tyler Hochlin is a good Superman. Now that he has his own show he hopefully won't be Supercucked anymore. Like he was on Supergirl.
I dunno... I expect constant reminders of how much smarter Lois is than him.
Andrew NDB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2020, 03:42 PM   #25
oldmanwinters
Overlord
 
oldmanwinters's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Location: Between yesterday and tomorrow!
Posts: 12,215
Does this mean we shouldn't expect any Superman films in the near future?
__________________

Experience the TMNT Fan Commentaries!
Check out my TMNT fan comic, "Nothing to Fear"!
View my sketch work!
I'm selling some of my hard-to-find TMNT items!
oldmanwinters is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2020, 03:44 PM   #26
Autbot_Benz
Hellblazer
 
Autbot_Benz's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2014
Location: Ventura California
Posts: 5,873
Quote:
Originally Posted by oldmanwinters View Post
Does this mean we shouldn't expect any Superman films in the near future?
According to the Idiots at Warner Brothers they have no idea what to do with him
__________________





I respect what FW cartoon did for the turtles franchise but it is the most overrated and hard to watch of the 3 turtles cartoons.
Autbot_Benz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2020, 02:23 AM   #27
ZariusTwo
Overlord
 
ZariusTwo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2003
Location: Britain, DINO THUNDER...POWER UP!
Posts: 16,660
As of Crisis

Spoiler:
Lois and Clark now have two sons, so will one of them be aged up while another stays an infant?
ZariusTwo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2020, 06:30 AM   #28
Slade
god status
 
Slade's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Location: Louisiana
Posts: 3,256
I have mixed feelings on this. On one hand, love Superman, want to see him on tv again. The other hand, CW shows really aren't that good anymore and not much of a fan of the guy playing him. But, I will check it out though.
Never even bothered with one episode of Supergirl.
__________________
Do not concern yourself with what I've already done: rather tremble at the thought of what I am about to do.
Everyone has a plan 'till they get punched in the mouth.
http://forums.thetechnodrome.com/showthread.php?t=48140
Slade is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2020, 02:06 PM   #29
ZariusTwo
Overlord
 
ZariusTwo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2003
Location: Britain, DINO THUNDER...POWER UP!
Posts: 16,660
Alleged summary of the pilot and premise



Spoiler:
As the series opens, LOIS LANE is still working at the Daily Planet, but CLARK KENT has just been fired following a massive layoff plan at the journal. His father JONATHAN KENT is no longer with them, while his mother MARTHA KENT is living alone on the farm where he grew up in Smallville. They have twins, JONATHAN and JORDAN KENT, who are thirteen and very different -- both physically and otherwise. Jonathan is the popular one, an all-star athlete who's about to enter the Varsity team, while Jordan is more introverted, anxiety prone, and very much into computers and video games. They don't know who their father really is... yet. And they may or may not have inherited his powers.



Lois's father GENERAL SAMUEL LANE is in the picture and knows about Clark. LANA LANG is also a big part of the show. She's a banker, still living in Smallville, with her husband KYLE CUSHING, a firefighter, and their daughters, SARAH, who's fourteen, and younger SOPHIE who's eight. They are in a dark place: Kyle is a drunk and Sarah tried to take her own life a year ago.



And yes, Superman has an enemy in this version of the story, who appears as THE STRANGER in the pilot. His true identity is revealed ar the end of the episode...




https://www.primetimer.com/pilots/bl...cter-breakdown
ZariusTwo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2020, 02:11 PM   #30
Autbot_Benz
Hellblazer
 
Autbot_Benz's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2014
Location: Ventura California
Posts: 5,873
Quote:
Originally Posted by ZariusTwo View Post
Alleged summary of the pilot and premise



Spoiler:
As the series opens, LOIS LANE is still working at the Daily Planet, but CLARK KENT has just been fired following a massive layoff plan at the journal. His father JONATHAN KENT is no longer with them, while his mother MARTHA KENT is living alone on the farm where he grew up in Smallville. They have twins, JONATHAN and JORDAN KENT, who are thirteen and very different -- both physically and otherwise. Jonathan is the popular one, an all-star athlete who's about to enter the Varsity team, while Jordan is more introverted, anxiety prone, and very much into computers and video games. They don't know who their father really is... yet. And they may or may not have inherited his powers.



Lois's father GENERAL SAMUEL LANE is in the picture and knows about Clark. LANA LANG is also a big part of the show. She's a banker, still living in Smallville, with her husband KYLE CUSHING, a firefighter, and their daughters, SARAH, who's fourteen, and younger SOPHIE who's eight. They are in a dark place: Kyle is a drunk and Sarah tried to take her own life a year ago.



And yes, Superman has an enemy in this version of the story, who appears as THE STRANGER in the pilot. His true identity is revealed ar the end of the episode...




https://www.primetimer.com/pilots/bl...cter-breakdown


Why would they Fire Clark but keep Lois. oh wait its the CW gotta have the Strong Woman be able to keep her job while the Man gets fired.
__________________





I respect what FW cartoon did for the turtles franchise but it is the most overrated and hard to watch of the 3 turtles cartoons.
Autbot_Benz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2020, 02:32 PM   #31
Candy Kappa
The Agenda of Existing
 
Candy Kappa's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Location: Vikingland
Posts: 14,598
Quote:
Originally Posted by Autbot_Benz View Post
Why would they Fire Clark but keep Lois. oh wait its the CW gotta have the Strong Woman be able to keep her job while the Man gets fired.
Isn't Lois usually depicted as the better journalist?
Candy Kappa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2020, 02:49 PM   #32
Autbot_Benz
Hellblazer
 
Autbot_Benz's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2014
Location: Ventura California
Posts: 5,873
Quote:
Originally Posted by Candy Kappa View Post
Isn't Lois usually depicted as the better journalist?
I always thought Clark was depicted as the better one. But I don't follow Superman stuff very closely so what do I know
__________________





I respect what FW cartoon did for the turtles franchise but it is the most overrated and hard to watch of the 3 turtles cartoons.
Autbot_Benz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2020, 04:00 PM   #33
Andrew NDB
Weed Whacker
 
Andrew NDB's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Location: Auburn, WA
Posts: 19,134
Quote:
Originally Posted by Candy Kappa View Post
Isn't Lois usually depicted as the better journalist?
I've always taken that they're equals in the field, but that she devotes a little more energy to it. For obvious reasons.
Andrew NDB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2020, 09:39 PM   #34
Leo656
The Franchise
 
Leo656's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2003
Location: nWo Country
Posts: 19,120
I think they each had at least one Pulitzer but Clark is also a best-selling and award-winning novelist. At least in the 1986-2010 continuity. His writing is one of the things he's most proud of as it doesn't require any extraordinary powers or abilities and thus he comes about his talent and awards "honestly". Which is a huge deal to him.
__________________

"I left some words quite far from here to be a short reminder...
I laid them out in stone, in case they need to last forever..."

"But hey... I'm not telling you anything that you don't already know."
nWo Tech: The Official Thread Poison of the Technodrome Forums
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCxr...awnHgDz1ceDcfA
Leo656 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2020, 10:11 PM   #35
TommyT
Banned
 
Join Date: Jul 2019
Location: Canada
Posts: 860
Not feeling the Pilot description.
TommyT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2020, 12:29 PM   #36
ZariusTwo
Overlord
 
ZariusTwo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2003
Location: Britain, DINO THUNDER...POWER UP!
Posts: 16,660
The spoilers are real and the Supersons have been cast. Jordan Elsass & Alexander Garfin will play Jon and Jordan Kent

https://deadline.com/2020/02/superma...es-1202851698/
ZariusTwo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2020, 08:48 PM   #37
Leo656
The Franchise
 
Leo656's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2003
Location: nWo Country
Posts: 19,120
People on the Superman page seem pretty unhappy.

There's a few "Let's wait and see" types but for most people who'd self-identify as "Superman Fans", none of this is anything we want or would ask for.

Sadly, if it tanks, all that happens is the WB suits proclaim "See? Nobody cares about Superman!" yet again and they put anything to do with him back on the shelf. Although I predict it's almost definitely going to get at least three seasons.

I hate that Hoechlin guy, so it's an easy skip for me. I think they jumped the gun with him; most people in the current climate are clamoring for a show with Routh instead, but they already pulled the trigger with this show. Too bad.
__________________

"I left some words quite far from here to be a short reminder...
I laid them out in stone, in case they need to last forever..."

"But hey... I'm not telling you anything that you don't already know."
nWo Tech: The Official Thread Poison of the Technodrome Forums
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCxr...awnHgDz1ceDcfA
Leo656 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2020, 04:04 AM   #38
Chris
Mad Scientist
 
Chris's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2002
Location: UK
Posts: 1,480
Quote:
Originally Posted by Autbot_Benz View Post
Why would they Fire Clark but keep Lois. oh wait its the CW gotta have the Strong Woman be able to keep her job while the Man gets fired.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Andrew NDB View Post
I've always taken that they're equals in the field, but that she devotes a little more energy to it. For obvious reasons.
Agree with Andrew that they're normally shown as equals. That said, I can see why they'd fire Clark in both story and real world terms. In story Lois is, as Andrew said, usually shown as the more devoted/go getter whilst Clark is constantly late or MIA due to being Superman. Most bosses don't like that. In the real world it also means they can have Lois fill the role of investigator/journalist whilst Clark does the super heroics and trains Jonathan and Jordan. Without the love triangle you don't need them both to be reporters at the Planet. It sets Lois up in the information finder/coordinator role that Iris has in Flash, Felicity had in Arrow, and Gambi does in Black Lightning.

Not saying I agree with it (I like having them both at the Planet so I need to see how it plays out), but I can understand the why of it and it's not "strong woman keeps job whilst man gets fired".
Chris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2020, 04:27 AM   #39
TommyT
Banned
 
Join Date: Jul 2019
Location: Canada
Posts: 860
Am I the only one who is sick of the “training” of younger kids cliche?
TommyT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2020, 03:40 PM   #40
Leo656
The Franchise
 
Leo656's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2003
Location: nWo Country
Posts: 19,120
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chris View Post
Agree with Andrew that they're normally shown as equals. That said, I can see why they'd fire Clark in both story and real world terms. In story Lois is, as Andrew said, usually shown as the more devoted/go getter whilst Clark is constantly late or MIA due to being Superman. Most bosses don't like that.
On principle you're correct, it's generally not a good look, BUT Clark always gets the big scoops and comes through in the clutch, so while Perry is often annoyed at Clark's shenanigans he gives him a very long leash because in spite of eternally being MIA, he always gets the job done. Lots of reporters don't necessarily punch a time clock anyway.

Just saying. Part of what I like about him being a journalist is it gives him a lot more freedom that he wouldn't have at a regular 9-to-5. Because yeah that definitely wouldn't work.
__________________

"I left some words quite far from here to be a short reminder...
I laid them out in stone, in case they need to last forever..."

"But hey... I'm not telling you anything that you don't already know."
nWo Tech: The Official Thread Poison of the Technodrome Forums
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCxr...awnHgDz1ceDcfA
Leo656 is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Tags
supercuck & sjws, truth justice and sjw way

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -6. The time now is 05:51 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2020, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.