The Technodrome Forums

Go Back   The Technodrome Forums > TMNT Universes > 4Kids TMNT Cartoon Discussion

Notices

Old 11-23-2018, 02:58 PM   #21
Original TMNT Cartoon Fan
Overlord

Quote:
Originally Posted by CyberCubed View Post
It's funny how it aired right after though. Then we got Back to the Sewers around...2008 I think it was? Then Turtles Forever in 2009.
Yes. Season 7 originally aired between September 2008 and February 2009.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Teenag...ies)_(season_7)
Original TMNT Cartoon Fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2018, 12:25 AM   #22
SimplySatire
Mouser

Post Enjoyable

Actually, i thought it was pretty good! Considering the story origins for Splinter and the fact that the boys know Japanese and follow the rules of bushido and etc. it makes sense to have the Ninja Tribunals plot. I think it was very traditional and went back to the fact that they're ninjas, not just people the slug criminals on the streets. They have their family honor code, the clan, the whole 'Ancient Japanese lifestyle thing' going on. But I see what everyone is saying clearly and I definetely agree that it looked like it was to be a series finale.

One thing I love though, is that it showed something different. Leo, strangely, isn't getting everything right (even though you'd think so because of the theme of the tribunals) and is actually taking a bit of time to grow and become strong.

Mike begins to learn about being more of a warrior and we get to see a bit of him, not only understanding Japanese and showing he is apart of that culture, but he also understands focusing a little bit and I can see some character development. All his flops (like on the bridge with the water dragon, sry haven't watched in a little while, or the whole 'trying to take the artifact with the "super speed" he had learned to use after the bridge incident) start adding up and you can see he realizes it and knows it's time to get serious.

Don is shown to have true power (as well as being totally adorkable like always "yes! we're studying!" lmao i love him) and that, while most people including myself, like to believe he is a little weaker on the ninjistu side because of his pacifistic mind set (though he's still badass) and love of machinery, he truly shines here. Not as the brains of the family, but as a true ninja, like how he was before he was given personality, so to speak

And Raph, well, I just love his and Joy's interactions but there was definitely some character development with his anger. Also, where he gets mad at one of the Tribunals for basically cussing out Splinter's name and his brothers that was so protectively adorable! 2k3 Raph will always have my heart.

But I also see your guys' p.o.v.s tho but i don't wanna lol, jk.
SimplySatire is offline   Reply With Quote