The Technodrome Forums

Go Back   The Technodrome Forums > TMNT Universes > Nick TMNT Cartoon Discussion

Notices

View Poll Results: And what do you think would be a fitting punishment..?
The first rule of being a ninja is do no harm. Unless you mean to do harm, then cause LOTS of harm! 47 50.00%
Yes... but first, RONDORI! 15 15.96%
I don't know if we should pound him or get him an ice cream cone... 15 15.96%
It's POLKA! Make it STOP...! 17 18.09%
Voters: 94. You may not vote on this poll

Old 10-20-2012, 10:38 PM   #81
Coola Yagami
Overlord

I'll have my blog up sometime tonight... but my memory is foggy seeing as I saw this early in the morning and had a long day of work afterwards.

When did Splinter first thwack em with his kendo stick... when the Turtles were too sleepy during training... or when he caught them after the second time they fought Baxter? And what was that punishment called?

Check out my blog for Comic Reviews and other things. https://markepicblogofrandomness.blogspot.com/
I also started The AEW Crew, the All Elite Wrestling Fan Club! https://www.facebook.com/groups/637508120044168/
Coola Yagami is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2012, 11:02 PM   #82
CyberCubed
Overlord

It was called Randori.
CyberCubed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2012, 11:31 PM   #83
Coola Yagami
Overlord

Quote:
Originally Posted by CyberCubed View Post
It was called Randori.
thanks.

Also, I don't see what everyone is complaining about. In the original comics and 2K3 show, which started off copying the comics... Baxter's original motivation was... being evil is fun. April points out he could been rich legally just selling the mousers, but he wanted to douchey for doucheness sakes. Then he blames Aptil for everying and injects her with deadly nanobots...

So yeah, him wanting to get revenge for getting fired... probably in a 'I'll show them who's crazy' kinda way beats no motivation besides just being a douche for doucheness sakes...

Check out my blog for Comic Reviews and other things. https://markepicblogofrandomness.blogspot.com/
I also started The AEW Crew, the All Elite Wrestling Fan Club! https://www.facebook.com/groups/637508120044168/
Old 10-20-2012, 11:33 PM   #84
CyberCubed
Overlord

But apparently he got fired for something as silly as breaking a coffee machine.

Its not like he did something to cause the company to clean out his bank account or ruin his life or anything. This just didn't make sense. Also it makes Baxter evil for the sake of being evil, rather than being a guy with actual motivations.

Didn't Batman:TAS teach us that villains can't be one-dimensional?
Old 10-20-2012, 11:43 PM   #85
Coola Yagami
Overlord

Quote:
But apparently he got fired for something as silly as breaking a coffee machine.

Its not like he did something to cause the company to clean out his bank account or ruin his life or anything. This just didn't make sense. Also it makes Baxter evil for the sake of being evil, rather than being a guy with actual motivations.

well... ignoring that one episode where Tempus Fugit became a super villian out to kill the mayor because he was late...

Still... I believe, like most villians, Baxter's motivation after having met and been defeated by the Turtles will be revenge against the Turtles.

Old 10-20-2012, 11:45 PM   #86
Coola Yagami
Overlord

Again, I loved the episode. I just kinda hate how everyone just forgot completely about April's father. I know the next ep will be about Don and April.. but then that makes it seems like the suddenly remembered April and her father all of a sudden.

Old 10-21-2012, 12:15 AM   #87
CyberCubed
Overlord

The jokes in this episode saved a rather lackluster and forgettable plot.

A lot of Mike's lines were pure gold as usual, especially the delivery. Seriously the, "I TOLD YOU HE WOULD CHASE ME!" line was hysterical.

Raph making fun of Leo's cheesiness and Splinter in general was great too.
Old 10-21-2012, 12:32 AM   #88
zkarlette
Fashionably late

I love this show so far...the writing is amazing and I really think they are doing an excellent job showing many sides of the turtle's personalities. Splinter is tough but really funny at the same time.
Maybe Baxter needed to have a little bit more of a story background, but everything else really made up for it.
Can't wait for next weeks episode.
Old 10-21-2012, 01:14 AM   #89
blue_angel99
Hench Mutant

Funny episode. 4/5

Looked up the def for randori:
a term used in Japanese martial arts to describe free-style practice or sparring, sometimes with multiple attackers. The term literally means "chaos taking" or "grasping freedom," implying a freedom from the structured practice of kata.

I love how they use the official Japanese name in the series.

Question: In "Turtle Temper", what does Don mean as he insults Raph by saying, " Yeah and you don't keep your back straight when doing goku something something" ?
Old 10-21-2012, 01:40 AM   #90
Coola Yagami
Overlord

Quote:
Originally Posted by blue_angel99 View Post
Funny episode. 4/5

Looked up the def for randori:
a term used in Japanese martial arts to describe free-style practice or sparring, sometimes with multiple attackers. The term literally means "chaos taking" or "grasping freedom," implying a freedom from the structured practice of kata.

I love how they use the official Japanese name in the series.

Question: In "Turtle Temper", what does Don mean as he insults Raph by saying, " Yeah and you don't keep your back straight when doing goku something something" ?
most likely that he sucks at doing that particular kata. I don't know the name of that one either.

Anyways, here are my thoughts- http://markandpaigerodriguez.blogspo...think-his.html

speaking of which, I'm surprised in the episode 'Beneathe These Streets' of the OT Splinter was angry that the Turtles weren't practicing their daily katas. I don't remember that phrase being used in the old show.

Old 10-21-2012, 02:14 AM   #91
Xav
Foot Elite

Quote:
Originally Posted by kzekedaurus View Post
So I had to catch this one after missing next week's episode when it premiered.
How did you miss next week's episode?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Utromshredderhater View Post
Kinda miss 2k3 Baxter's arrogance but at least this one keeps a body
This is just his first appearance. We don't know how this version of Baxter will end up.
Xav is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2012, 02:16 AM   #92
Coola Yagami
Overlord

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xav View Post
How did you miss next week's episode?
This is just his first appearance. We don't know how this version of Baxter will end up.
His time machine broke. Doncha just hate it when the flux capacitor goes on the fritz?

Old 10-21-2012, 05:15 AM   #93
Jester
Rat-faced Dude-guy

Quote:

Copy machine, Cubed, copy machine.

As for one dimensional villains, when you look that up in the dictionary, you find Ch'rell's picture....

"Clearly, you're Ninja Turtling incorrectly." - Leo656
Jester is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2012, 05:55 AM   #94
FearlessLeader
Mad Scientist

Personally I feel like some people are being too hard on this show for only being 5 episodes into the plot

Artwork by Jim Lawson
FearlessLeader is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2012, 06:06 AM   #95
marcelangelo
Mad Scientist

Quote:

you are ignoring here that baxter referred to that ALL HIS LIFE he was being misstreated...I think the example with the copy machine did leave too big an impression in your memory here..to me it serves more on the basis as a joke..
marcelangelo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2012, 06:50 AM   #96
marcelangelo
Mad Scientist

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jester View Post
I liked this:

That and Baxter's Mouser head helmet.
thanks, dude!thats exactl what I was talking about a page earlier...
marcelangelo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2012, 06:54 AM   #97
Original TMNT Cartoon Fan
Overlord

Shredder

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vivi View Post
Agreed. The first season of 2K3 had some pretty great story arcs going on (Think: The Shredder Strikes, The Shredder Strikes Back, Return To New York, The Search For Splinter) culminating in the invasion of the Utrom lab. So far this series is the funniest, but by no means the best story telling - or even suspense. But still early days.

This series is genuinely funny, though. And probably has my favourite Splinter.
Yeah, that was before we knew about Shredder's origin. 2012 show is at least now much better. Less anime, and more TMNT.

The 2003 show begun nice, but soon the entire Earth, even towns, semed to be populated with not only humans, but also mutants, monsters, aliens, elfs, ghosts, werewolves, trolls, goblins, giants, dwarfs (mythological ones), vampires, demons, witches, fairies, zombies and other mythological stuff, ready to walk around the streets of New York, and sit in the seat next to you inside the bus on the way to work in the morning, and home in the afternoon. and still, TMNT had to hide in the sewers, or on a deserted Massachussets farm.

(1987 show/Archie had a bunch of mutants/Aliens who at least were hiding from town, just like TMNT, OK some were seen, but it was at least tackled better)
Original TMNT Cartoon Fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2012, 07:32 AM   #98
FoxZerro
Stone Warrior

Quote:
Sean Astin is well on his way to being my second favorite Raph.

"Seen this enough times there, chief?" shouldn't have made me laugh like it did.

I liked that Leonardo was still upset when the show was preempted by the news even though he'd already seen it enough to quote it perfectly. Very realistic Teenage Behavior...

Also I'm pretty sure on some level Raph enjoys Space Heroes too. Clearly the lair is big enough for him to be somewhere else when Leo is watching it. I know I did the same thing plenty of times with my sister and shows she watched. I'd mock them and her but I would still be in the room watching it. In fact its the reason why I like Phineas and Ferb. Back on track since it seems as though Leo's motivation to be a leader comes from watching Space Heroes it could be the same in a small way for Raph and they are sowing the seeds for that eventual challenging of his authority storyline...

That or they are setting up for an episode where Donatello builds a device that accidnetally sends MIkey and Raph into the TV show and its revealed he knows a lot more about the world than one would think, but this isn't the OT so I doubt that will be the case
FoxZerro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2012, 07:36 AM   #99
Ninjinister
無問題

Quote:
Obviously people care because others have brought it up in this thread.
False. You're the only one delusional enough to bring Laird into this.

Quote:
Copy machine, Cubed, copy machine.
I heard coffee too. Which is why I was like "Wouldn't it just be a coffee maker?"

Then again who the hell calls it a copy machine instead of copier?
Old 10-21-2012, 08:00 AM   #100
HerpDerp
Hench Mutant

When he first talked about the copy machine (on the news report), I assumed he got fired for trying to photocopy his ass and breaking the machine in the process (maybe I've been watching too many sitcoms, but that's the first thing I associate with workplace photocopier incidents). I was kind of disappointed when he started talking about putting toner in the wrong place.
HerpDerp is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
2k12, episode discussion, nick