Old 06-12-2020, 10:30 PM   #241
Mutant Ninja Anole
Stone Warrior

Issue #3 preview is up.
Old 06-16-2020, 02:06 PM   #242
Jazzfox
Thug

Gah! Me and iTunes Previews never get along

Any other sites with better access to the previews for desktop at all? I can't seem to find any on a quick google search?

(Please excuse any long time in replies, sometimes offline for long periods!)
Jazzfox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2020, 11:21 AM   #243
Mutant Ninja Anole
Stone Warrior

I wish I could help! I can't find any other places with the preview except here.
Old 06-23-2020, 08:02 AM   #244
AlZarkovski
Mad Scientist

Full #3 preview.

Last edited by AlZarkovski; 06-23-2020 at 08:30 AM.
AlZarkovski is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2020, 08:18 AM   #245
Mutant Ninja Anole
Stone Warrior

Ah! Thanks.

It's interesting that this cure seems to be going in a supernatural direction. It may be that it's real after all, but at a price not worth paying.
Old 06-24-2020, 06:30 AM   #246
Mutant Ninja Anole
Stone Warrior

Spoiler:
So after all that, the cure was a phony plot concocted by Bebop and Rocksteady? That's kindof hilarious. However, I'm a little curious how the apparent inclusion of Gothano plays into this. That was Gothano in the boat correct? And apparently the one who portrayed the woman who was cured?

Also, poor guy was a muskrat, the gag was actually him hiding what he was. And now I'm reading wikipedia. I don't know man, maybe your smell would actually be appealing to another mutant in the vole and lemming family.

Anyways, thanks to Revel and IDW for this brief story and Jennika piece! I wouldn't be opposed to Sy popping up again, though I think I can say he and Jennika are definitely not getting back together.

Last edited by Mutant Ninja Anole; 06-24-2020 at 11:40 AM.
Mutant Ninja Anole is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2020, 05:29 PM   #247
rayfillet101
Mad Scientist

I finally got my copies delivered from midtown... Issue 3 was the best one of the volume. I LOVED the twist. Hoping we see Silis in the main series. Also, Ronda's back up was genius in my opinion. So good to revisit the big points of the past 100 issues with a new lens. Revel isn't my favorite turtles artist on these, his geometry is very individual to his style, but, I did enjoy this 3 issue run and I am looking forward to my next reread of it!

"When you scream my name, pleading for the pain to stop, you may call me...Bishop."
rayfillet101 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2020, 07:02 PM   #248
Ninjinister
無問題

What If? was a great story too
Old 07-25-2020, 12:38 PM   #249
CyberCubed
Overlord

The What If back-up had better art than the main Jennika mini, kinda wish the artists works were reversed.

Good to see the gruesome twosome again, I wondered if they would stay with the Foot after issue 100 or leave again.
CyberCubed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2020, 01:58 PM   #250
ChosenOne
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by CyberCubed View Post
The What If back-up had better art than the main Jennika mini, kinda wish the artists works were reversed.

Good to see the gruesome twosome again, I wondered if they would stay with the Foot after issue 100 or leave again.
It seems that they're loyal(-ish) to Karai specifically, not so much the Foot, and she does have a history of keeping them around as blunt instruments, so it only makes sense that they left (or were kicked out, considering what they had done to Donatello just recently) at the start of Splinter's tenure and then elected to stay under Karai. I do wonder if wily ol' Splinter wouldn't have tried to keep them around if he had already parted ways with his sons by #51...

Regardless, the back-up was indeed pretty good but the main mini ended up having an unexpectedly poignant closure in the form of Jennika's debt of gratitude to, and fondness for, Splinter. She might not feel like a sister to the other Turtles just yet, but she sure always felt like a daughter to their father from the very first arc she appeared in.

Also, someone should really inform Bebop that a chainsaw isn't the best choice of weapon for enclosed spaces with a crowd of your allies standing about...

Last edited by ChosenOne; 07-25-2020 at 02:03 PM.
ChosenOne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2022, 01:03 AM   #251
AwakeTea
Random Punk

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jazzfox View Post
I LOVE the extra stories at the back pages, they may only be a few pages, but they add tons in here, Wreckreation being a new fave just to show some of the different female characters off and how things go for Mona Lisa's attempts to band them together for 'girls night', lol
Mona and Jennika's back and forth in Wreckreation was definitely funny.

M: Let’s try some crafts!
J: Like carving a shiv from a spoon?

M: Baking?
J: Like a file in a cake?

M: Maybe some nice quiet games?
J: Like poker for cigarettes?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mutant Ninja Anole View Post
If the cure is a fake (and I’m at 90% sure it is) I actually do think Sy might be a believer and not in on the scam. He strikes me as manipulative, but that doesn’t mean he’s above being manipulated by others.
Yeah you nailed the situation with Silas. He was definitely being manipulated, and the way he so desperately held onto the cure (aka. pickle juice)... I actually felt sympathy for him by the end.

This Jennika mini-series was a relatively light three-parter, but I think it was an important addition to the ongoing series in order to show that there are many mutants outside the core cast struggling with their transformations, even those that seem the happiest.

Jennika becoming aware of her strengths and realizing she has what it takes to get through this situation made for a satisfying ending.

Shout out to issue #2's wonderful cover. Great colors!

And my favorite panel was probably Jennika looking at the perfume ad.

AwakeTea is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2022, 01:35 PM   #252
TylerD
Random Punk

The cover was fantastic for issue 2. Some great art work.
TylerD is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
soylent green is people!