The Technodrome Forums

Go Back   The Technodrome Forums > General Forums > General Discussion > Video Games

Notices

Old 12-05-2014, 12:21 PM   #1
bushido
Stone Warrior

Street Fighter 5

Street Fighter 5 is coming exclusively to PS4 and PC, according to a prematurely released trailer.

http://www.dailymotion.com/video/x2b...ler_videogames

Edit : Capcom removed the youtube link.

Last edited by bushido; 12-05-2014 at 12:37 PM.
bushido is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2014, 12:31 PM   #2
turtlefanforever
Foot Elite

saw earlier

I'm pumped. That's what xbox gets for making dead rising 3 lol
turtlefanforever is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2014, 01:00 PM   #3
TigerClaw
Mutant Tiger

Nice, The Graphics look better.
Old 12-05-2014, 01:07 PM   #4
bushido
Stone Warrior

Quote:
Originally Posted by TigerClaw View Post
Nice, The Graphics look better.
565404SF4vsSF5.jpg
Ryu in SF5 and SF4

Last edited by bushido; 12-05-2014 at 01:27 PM.
Old 12-05-2014, 01:09 PM   #5
TigerClaw
Mutant Tiger

Quote:
Originally Posted by bushido View Post
And you can see the difference, SF5 has a lot more details.
Old 12-05-2014, 02:33 PM   #6
Sumac
Banned

I don't like SF4 artstyle, so if SF5 is similar to it, I might not like it either.
Neverthless, I hope to see Q finally making it into new Street Fighter game.
Sumac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2014, 02:33 PM   #7
Slade
god status

Helll yeah!!!!!!!!!!!

That Ryu looks sweet.
Slade is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2014, 02:36 PM   #8
Peanut
Second Gear

Oh, more Street Fighter. Didn't see that coming!

Also, I like the "exclusivity" bullsh*t card being played again. Just like Tomb Raider, it'll end up being on both platforms, or maybe it's a technicality and SFV won't be on X1, but Super SFV, or Super SFV Turbo, or Super SFV Turbo Arcade Edition, will be. Capcom has no money, so the price on full exclusivity would have to be insane and Sony isn't exactly raking in cash.

Either way, I find it hard to care about much anything Capcom does these days.

Quote:
Originally Posted by turtlefanforever View Post
I'm pumped. That's what xbox gets for making dead rising 3 lol
Don't spew this nonsense. That game wouldn't exist without Microsoft, because they helped fund it. It's like the talk about Bayonetta 2. That game wouldn't have seen the light of day if Nintendo didn't help pick it up.

Edit: I should say that if this is a case of Capcom just being unable to fund it, which actually wouldn't be totally surprising, and Sony is footing a bunch of the bill, that's great and good on them. I recall someone from Capcom saying they were having a tough time funding a new SF game last year sometime, but I might be making that up in my head. However, if this is more "timed exclusivity" sh*t then it's kind of gross. Coming from someone who owns everything btw.

Last edited by Peanut; 12-05-2014 at 02:44 PM.
Peanut is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2014, 02:50 PM   #9
bushido
Stone Warrior

Quote:
Originally Posted by Peanut View Post
Also, I like the "exclusivity" bullsh*t card being played again. Just like Tomb Raider, it'll end up being on both platforms, or maybe it's a technicality and SFV won't be on X1, but Super SFV, or Super SFV Turbo, or Super SFV Turbo Arcade Edition, will be.
You read my mind lol
Old 12-05-2014, 07:00 PM   #10
CyberCubed
Overlord

I can't believe people are "falling" for buying vanilla Street Fighter V.

Wait 1 year and Super Street Fighter V will come out. A year later for Ultra Street Fighter V. You're essentially wasting your money buying a version that will be obsolete in a year.

I made the mistake of buying Street Fighter IV back in 2009 when it originally came out....then they re-released the damn game 4 more times afterward. Never again.
CyberCubed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2014, 07:07 PM   #11
snake
Disgusting

I'll wait for the 3ds release.

I'll wait.......
snake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2014, 12:26 AM   #12
TheCanadiandrome
Big, Bad & Bold

Location: Inside the Technodrome; Shredderville; Saskatchewan
Quote:
Originally Posted by CyberCubed View Post

Wait 1 year and Super Street Fighter V will come out. A year later for Ultra Street Fighter V. You're essentially wasting your money buying a version that will be obsolete in a year.

I made the mistake of buying Street Fighter IV back in 2009 when it originally came out....then they re-released the damn game 4 more times afterward. Never again.
Pretty much

Add me: PSN/XBL; Nintendo Network ID: BDS-3.1.6; Switch FC: SW-3378-5206-8020

TMNT Fan Club: http://sot.ag/4jZR0

Visit My Wish List:
http://forums.thetechnodrome.com/showthread.php?t=30904

My Collection:
http://forums.thetechnodrome.com/showthread.php?t=40276
TheCanadiandrome is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2014, 10:21 AM   #13
sdp
-

You guys learned that "mistake" from SFIV? How about from SFII and every fighter that came after it back in the 90s, this isn't anything new. Why buy SFV and not wait? Because that's when the game will be new and fresh, all the others are expansion packs, which IIRC Capcom actually offered relatively cheap upgrades for those who bought the original. You can ask yourself about every other AAA game that is released, why not buy it a year alter and get it for 20 bucks instead of paying 60 with a bunch of patches you need to download because you are being used as a betatester? Playing it Day 1 and the online community that comes with it is what you pay for.

For me SFIV had too much nostalgia pandering but I was ok with it. I just hope that this one isn't the same, or it'd just be a new gen version of SFIV. SFIII was a bold move and maybe it didn't give Capcom what they wanted but it was a great game because of it. I'd hope that at most only the original 8 World Warriors make it and everyone else is new and the only returning characters being the ones that didn't return in IV or were new characters in IV. The other "fan favorites" can make it in future "Super Turbo Remix" versions. But from the looks of the trailer this is another "Before SFIII" timeline.
sdp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2014, 10:24 AM   #14
snake
Disgusting

Quote:
Originally Posted by sdp View Post
You guys learned that "mistake" from SFIV? How about from SFII and every fighter that came after it back in the 90s, this isn't anything new. Why buy SFV and not wait? Because that's when the game will be new and fresh, all the others are expansion packs, which IIRC Capcom actually offered relatively cheap upgrades for those who bought the original. You can ask yourself about every other AAA game that is released, why not buy it a year alter and get it for 20 bucks instead of paying 60 with a bunch of patches you need to download because you are being used as a betatester? Playing it Day 1 and the online community that comes with it is what you pay for.
Good point, but buying the game knowing that Capcom will release it again wither newer features isn't smart at all.
snake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2014, 10:25 AM   #15
Slade
god status

First game I ever played on a console was Street Fighter 2. I was about 5 years old. Loved it ever since. I don't care if they do put out new version after new version, I'll get it day one or month one. Love the franchise.
Slade is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2014, 01:34 PM   #16
Sumac
Banned

Quote:
You can ask yourself about every other AAA game that is released, why not buy it a year alter and get it for 20 bucks instead of paying 60 with a bunch of patches you need to download because you are being used as a betatester?
It's not the same thing.

With other titles you can choose to buy DLC or not. It won't disrupt your experience. With SF upgrades you must buy new stuff, if you want to play with majority of other players.

I hate Capcom policies regarding SF, but it their gimmick, which sadly influenced to many fighting games, except for select few. I don't expect that they will drop it any time soon.

Last edited by Sumac; 12-06-2014 at 05:18 PM.
Sumac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2014, 02:46 PM   #17
Prowler
Emperor

Quote:
Originally Posted by CyberCubed View Post

My brother bought Street Fighter 2, then bought Super Street Fighter II... and a decade later bought Street Fighter Turbo on the Wii VC. SSF II is a tad different from the original SF II, but there was no need to waste points on SF Turbo.
Prowler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2014, 02:58 PM   #18
bushido
Stone Warrior

By the way Ultra SF 4 is coming to PS4 too

Last edited by bushido; 12-06-2014 at 03:07 PM.
Old 12-06-2014, 04:01 PM   #19
Ninjinister
無問題

So I was thinking of getting an Xbox One for Killer Instinct eventually, because all of the fighting games on PS4 are either also on PS3 or Xbone, but now I'm starting to reconsider. I mean I'll probably get both some day, but there's no way I'll end up with both the same year, unless I become an overnight millionaire or something.
Old 12-09-2014, 04:09 PM   #20
chrisdude
Foot Elite

Gameplay looks too much like IV. Other number games were drastic changes, reimaginings of the game. If you look at II, III and IV, side by side, this is already looking like the least imaginative game in the series. IV did contribute some new game play elements. Ultras, which I hate, and that counterattack that absorbs one hit. Nothing as drastic as the parrys in III, or the EX moves in the Alpha series, but it's something. V may have a significant spin on the gameplay, but they didn't show it off in this trailer. And their recent track record gives me zero hope that they'll do anything creative.

IV's updates are more heinous than II. With II, arcades still played a role. They were updating the arcade game, and then releasing those updates on consoles. There was no precedent for that kind of fighting game, arcade or otherwise, and there was no precedent for how they should be updated. Hopefully they won't do the this crap again. Especially considering how much it angered fans of MvC.
chrisdude is offline   Reply With Quote