The Technodrome Forums

Go Back   The Technodrome Forums > TMNT Universes > TMNT Movie Discussion

Notices

Old 09-05-2020, 06:33 PM   #401
frank_one
Mad Scientist

Quote:
Originally Posted by TigerClaw View Post
I bet it will be a stylized version of FW. But with modern aesthetics.
I'm afraid this is exactly what we will get.
frank_one is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2020, 08:19 PM   #402
neatoman
Emperor

I'm also afraid they'll try something like that.

Like, I get it, FW was the big toyseller back in the day so of course it makes sense for a producer to look in that direction. But it is also TMNT in it's most manufactured and creatively bankrupt form. Try to emulate it and you'll get a confusing mess (see Out of the Shadows and the weaker aspects of 2012).
Hahahaha!
neatoman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2020, 12:42 AM   #403
IndigoErth
Team Blue Boy

*nod*

What keeps coming to mind for me is something like 2012's CGI rendering of the FW Turtles. DO NOT WANT.

While I'll always love that first show for what it is, please no. Just leave it what it is, where it is. One of the last things I want is dome durpy 3D depiction of them saturated with dumb humor. What it was back then was genuine and a product of its time. Do not try to emulate it because it is only going to seem forced and inauthentic.
IndigoErth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2020, 06:04 AM   #404
Galactus
Foot Elite

Quote:
Originally Posted by TigerClaw View Post
I bet it will be a stylized version of FW. But with modern aesthetics.
I have a feeling you're right and given that's what the last PD movie was you can see what a dumb movie that would be.
Galactus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2020, 09:23 AM   #405
LeotheLateBloomer
Foot Elite

Quote:
Originally Posted by Galactus View Post
I have a feeling you're right and given that's what the last PD movie was you can see what a dumb movie that would be.
Truthfully, he's saying this because it's what he wants.
LeotheLateBloomer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2020, 10:30 AM   #406
IndigoErth
Team Blue Boy

And consider that the attempt at it with OotS was at least relatively limited on the Turtles themselves; mostly on Raph a couple times, and really it was more Looney Tunes than Turtles (also gross). A cartoon that tries to go full blown FW...? Universe have mercy on us all.

If they want to draw anything from it inspiration wise and maybe take Raph back to the witty sarcasm instead of angry Raph, and make Mikey more similarly the laid back, jokester type instead of the naive dumbass he's kind of become over the years, that's just fine (at least imo), but please, no more. Okay, film lurkers? Please.
Old 09-10-2020, 11:45 PM   #407
Slash-Dash
Foot Soldier

I hope this movie comes out in 2022.
Slash-Dash is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2020, 12:29 AM   #408
Andrew NDB
Weed Whacker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Slash-Dash View Post
I hope this movie comes out in 2022.
Odds are pretty good. And the nature of making a CGI movie... no real need to hamstring anything with social distancing or anything.
Andrew NDB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2020, 03:36 AM   #409
Galactus
Foot Elite

I can potentially see a cgi animated movie boom in the wake of Covid-19. Could be good if like Kevin Munroe originally wanted for the Imagi movie it could show not all cgi movies have to be kiddie joints and you could do different things in the medium. Not that I think this movie will be the one trail blaze that though.
Old 09-11-2020, 05:07 AM   #410
Leo656
The Franchise

Didn't work out too well for "Beowulf". Although to be fair, that was a long time ago.

"I left some words quite far from here to be a short reminder...
I laid them out in stone, in case they need to last forever..."

"But hey... I'm not telling you anything that you don't already know."
nWo Tech: The Official Thread Poison of the Technodrome Forums
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCxr...awnHgDz1ceDcfA
https://theroxxshow.blogspot.com/
Leo656 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2020, 08:22 AM   #411
AquaParade
Banned

Kevin said less than a year ago that he wouldn't mind seeing the next big feature film being animated due to the potential for them to go a little gritter in an animated setting. Possible he was dropping hints if this was already in production. Nothing to hold your breath over, but somewhat interesting.
AquaParade is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2020, 12:33 PM   #412
Galactus
Foot Elite

Kevin says lots of things. He said both PD movies were "gritty like the comics" or words to that effect so I'm not holding my breath.
Old 09-11-2020, 12:49 PM   #413
AquaParade
Banned

Yeah, it's your prerogative how seriously you take Kevin's words.
That said, I think it's still interesting to hear his perspective and share it.

Generally, people have gone a bit overboard with the narrative that nothing Kevin says can be trusted. I understand where it comes from, because it's clear that he spoke too soon with PD and was burned (even though it does have gritty elements, and very well may have been a "gritty" movie at some point in production. It had no clear direction). He's a cheerleader for his creations and will always have a bias, but anyone with a discerning eye can still extrapolate some interesting bits of information from his interviews.
Old 09-11-2020, 01:08 PM   #414
IndigoErth
Team Blue Boy

The guy hopes for it as much as we do, I guess, but with less control of it these days, esp any part that Nick has their hands on... good luck.
Old 09-11-2020, 01:21 PM   #415
AquaParade
Banned

I'll agree that Kevin saying that is probably not a hint for this movie, as I said in my original post.

But speaking of the movie, what on earth is Kevin saying here at the 19:40 mark? "I heard they are developing a --??"

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gqUsN6CCdGQ
Old 09-11-2020, 02:00 PM   #416
IndigoErth
Team Blue Boy

Gah, what a great time for the audio to break up. >.<

Given the comment from the one guy, I'm guessing it may have been that unproven rumor of a live action Netflix series that was mentioned last year? Though if that is the case I'm surprised to hear it mentioned again more than a year later with still nothing else to back it up. (Unless this interview isn't new video.)
Old 09-11-2020, 02:36 PM   #417
AquaParade
Banned

That's what it sounds like according to the interviewer. It's definitely what a lot of us have been hoping for. Perhaps the movie is for the kids and the live action series is for older fans on a streaming service.
Old 09-11-2020, 03:00 PM   #418
IndigoErth
Team Blue Boy

If we really did get an awesome live action on Netflix, can you imagine...? Might be a rather pricey venture, and even if something like that was actually in the works the virus would probably put off production anyhow , but if such a thing happened -- and done well -- that would be amazing.
Old 09-14-2020, 08:00 PM   #419
nylemon

I really like "Batman VS TMNT". Hope there will be a similar dark style solo TMNT movie, I mean Shredder kill his own foot ninja, violent fight and all the blood, dark city and filth streets. That will be my taste. Just stop making Michelangelo that dumb, even in this show Michelangelo is stupid dumb. I like angry Rapheal so maybe make Michelangelo a bit like FW Raph, humor and wise, like the fellow said.

CGI has its limitations, even stain will look like clean, and you don't get rich colors. Animation looks good but you never get it on big screen, except for japanese movies(I am totally fine there will be no big screen movie because they always ruin it.). Hope one day Netflix will have the right to develop a series, they have decent attitude on the show, not for selling children's toys.

Last edited by nylemon; 09-14-2020 at 11:03 PM.
Old 09-20-2020, 05:53 AM   #420
Slash-Dash
Foot Soldier

Quote:
Originally Posted by Andrew NDB View Post
Odds are pretty good. And the nature of making a CGI movie... no real need to hamstring anything with social distancing or anything.
great news, thank you.
Slash-Dash is offline   Reply With Quote