The Technodrome Forums

Go Back   The Technodrome Forums > TMNT Merchandise > Toy/Collectible Discussion

Notices

Old 10-25-2017, 07:21 AM   #701
DonnieLaForge
Stone Warrior

No problem.

I will echo they have very poor customer service.

SDCC 2016, I bought several of their con-release toy color variants through their web site during the con. Their site had terrible shipping rates, like $12 to ship two single Donatellos. And they staggered the releases over each day so you couldnt just lock them all in at once in one order, you had to either gamble on stock levels and wait til the end, or pay ridiculous shipping charge after ridiculous shipping charge for each day's order. And to top it all off, Raph was in a set you couldn't get from them, it was Nick exclusive, in other words impossible to get if you weren't there.

But that's just poor planning. After I placed all my orders and figured out the Raph thing, I ended up getting Raph via ebay in a nicely priced package that included everything else as well. Since Loyal Subjects were taking forever to ship those orders, I asked if they'd cancel. They did, but only refunded the cash for the first order and tried to keep all the rest of my money, arguing with me in the face of bank account screenshots. I had to file a CC dispute to get it back.

Then the eBay order showed up. Raph had 2 right hands. The one set I have no other channel than scalpers to replace. Rather than return to the eBay dude I emailed Loyal Subjects and explained what happened and they said they could send me a replacement hand. Never did, just completely blew it off after that. So Raph still has 2 right hands.

That all soured me on them. I only buy the boxes when I see them in clearance bins. I found several S1 at Books A Million (BAM!) on clearance around $5-7 each, just a couple of weeks ago.

I also don't like how limited they make the chases, and how they get spread out between retailers that barely exist around me. I will probably never complete S1 or S2 because I can't make myself pay $50+ for all the S1 chases and S2 splinter.
DonnieLaForge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2017, 07:38 AM   #702
tmntman
Mad Scientist

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chaotix12345 View Post
Cool, thanks. I was wondering since Slash didn't seem as bulky as the other villains. Now I know to keep searching on the lower end of the spectrum.
I ended up buying a ton of the mass retail versions of Series 2 in search of a Foot Soldier which I never did find. But if you want a Slash and don't mind it having the keychain loop, let me know.

And as an aside to anyone else that may still be interested in the line. They do at least seem to be VERY slowly making their way through the list of promised products for the Super Double Diamond Club. So at some point we should see three more variants show up. Though I'm betting that they will be the last product that they make both for the SDDC and the TMNT line given they could never get their act together to even produce the last batch of TMNT exclusives that they sold on their website.

Check out my site at http://www.tmnttoys.com/
or follow me on Twitter, @TMNTtoys
tmntman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2017, 09:33 AM   #703
909 Turtle Fan
Hench Mutant

Was a toy color variant of Raphael ever released? I only noticed the other 3 on their website.

"Breath in the smoke, Oroku Saki, and meditate. Open your mind and all will become clear."-Kitsune, SHotFC #3

"You know what, you're not Leonardo, you're a member of the foot clan. you are a foot clan member! you're not just a member, you're Danny! you're that punk b*tch Danny!"
-Adam, workaholics, teenage mutant ninja roommates
909 Turtle Fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2017, 09:44 AM   #704
DonnieLaForge
Stone Warrior

Quote:
Originally Posted by 909 Turtle Fan View Post
Was a toy color variant of Raphael ever released? I only noticed the other 3 on their website.
Yes, it was. In a 2-pack with one of the Slash variants.
It was given to Nickelodeon as an exclusive. So Loyal Subjects can't sell them themselves, on their site or anywhere. Nick got them all, sold them exclusively at the Nick booth at SDCC 2016, and who knows what Nick did with them after the con. Only way to get it that I know of is through eBay, which is where I got mine.

https://www.ebay.com/itm/SDCC-2016-L...t/272827107267

^^ You can see the box set here.
DonnieLaForge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2017, 02:14 PM   #705
909 Turtle Fan
Hench Mutant

Quote:
Originally Posted by DonnieLaForge View Post
Yes, it was. In a 2-pack with one of the Slash variants.
It was given to Nickelodeon as an exclusive. So Loyal Subjects can't sell them themselves, on their site or anywhere. Nick got them all, sold them exclusively at the Nick booth at SDCC 2016, and who knows what Nick did with them after the con. Only way to get it that I know of is through eBay, which is where I got mine.

https://www.ebay.com/itm/SDCC-2016-L...t/272827107267

^^ You can see the box set here.
Right on thanks
I like the throwback paint and the card. They should do more single carded stuff. Shesh $80! I guess it's more expensive for that Venus/Slash figure.

"Breath in the smoke, Oroku Saki, and meditate. Open your mind and all will become clear."-Kitsune, SHotFC #3

"You know what, you're not Leonardo, you're a member of the foot clan. you are a foot clan member! you're not just a member, you're Danny! you're that punk b*tch Danny!"
-Adam, workaholics, teenage mutant ninja roommates
909 Turtle Fan is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
vinyl figures