My memory also said it was CN.
Apparently we are all somehow right
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Jackie_Chan_Adventures
Old 03-02-2017, 10:31 PM   #142
Andrew NDB
Weed Whacker

Quote:
Originally Posted by sdp View Post
I think people are jumping to conclusions by saying TTG even if we've not seen anything yet
Although in short order Viacom/Nick has seen "Out of the Shadows" fail dramatically (itself, a pseudo-dingy remagining of Fred Wolf, which they revere) and the Nick cartoon ratings dwindle to tiny numbers.

We have been wondering their answer to this. Will they age it up? Will they do the source material a little better service, age appropriately?

"Youngen them up. More humor."

That's what has been agreed in board meetings. Yikes.
Old 03-02-2017, 10:39 PM   #143
Redemption
Stone Warrior

I wish they would just make an adult tmnt cartoon! I guarantee that the success will blow their minds.

There is a huge crowd for this and we all know it. I am not saying walk away from also having something for the young kids but cater something new towards the people who have supported TMNT since day 1.
Old 03-02-2017, 10:40 PM   #144
CyberCubed
Overlord

They could have just adapted the IDW comics into episodes too if they wanted. There's now enough IDW material to fill at least 52 episodes of a cartoon.
Old 03-02-2017, 10:42 PM   #145
ProphetofGanja
Dub Professor

This is really interesting. I haven't been a fun of any of the TMNT cartoons I've seen so far, besides watching the original one as a kid. Tried rewatching some of it a while back for nostalgia's sake and it was just way too goofy.

The Samurai Jack angle could be cool. But then again I'm most excited for Samurai Jack now that they've finally thrown off the limitations they had in its original run, when they had to make all the violence against robots or gooshy aliens and mutants with funny-colored blood. I'm a fan of Teen Titans Go, I get that it's poking fun at aspects of the DC universe that were already silly to begin with. The thing about TMNT though is at its most basic level you have to take one incredibly ridiculous concept very seriously and then from there you can interpret it in a lot of different ways. I wouldn't mind seeing a zany and silly TMNT cartoon aimed at young children but I would love to see an adult series air during a programming block like adult swim or Toonami or just come out on one of the big streaming services like Netflix of Hulu. Maybe Amazon Prime. But not Yahoo. Viacom could tap into a whole market they don't even know they have. I love animation but I want something geared towards an adult. I want to see teenagers being teenagers, telling the kinds of jokes that me and my actual teenage friends actually told each other

The mystic powers angle could either be really cool if done well or it could turn out like that one season of Scooby Doo that no one talks about where him, Shaggy and Daphne drove the Mystery Machine around the globe hunting ghosts and Shaggy had a different color shirt for some reason. Ugh, and Scrappy Doo. The ****ing worst.
Old 03-02-2017, 10:49 PM   #146
Bry
So Long, Stinktown!

The "mystic powers" thing just reminds me of all the other gimmicks they've latched onto the property when it's been in its death throes over the years. And by now we know that TMNT always bounces back after a little time-out... But every time things dwindle for a specific iteration, they try to change up the formula in some way and it always falls flat and dies out in a year or two anyway. Mystic powers, going to the future, "cyber" elements, soft reboots with new, awkwardly shoehorned-in villains and allies... How often have these things paid off? At best, they stave off cancellation for a year instead of just letting the current series bow out when it probably should.

I'd be happy to be proven wrong. If there's real talent involved and they make something truly special, I am on board. But this tack just feels very familiar.

I have noticed a lot of TMNT toys on sale/clearance of late in my area, with reduced shelf space... Totally anecdotal, but we've seen the same tactics used on the toy lines, and I don't think it's ever really helped turn things around.

Last edited by Bry; 03-02-2017 at 10:55 PM.
Old 03-02-2017, 10:51 PM   #147
TheCanadiandrome
Big, Bad & Bold

Location: Inside the Technodrome; Shredderville; Saskatchewan
Damn another new series when I haven't even seen the rest of the current one for cripesake because Nickelodeon can't get their sh*t together to air it in Canada

Add me: PSN/XBL; Nintendo Network ID: BDS-3.1.6; Switch FC: SW-3378-5206-8020

TMNT Fan Club: http://sot.ag/4jZR0

Visit My Wish List:
http://forums.thetechnodrome.com/showthread.php?t=30904

My Collection:
http://forums.thetechnodrome.com/showthread.php?t=40276
Old 03-02-2017, 10:51 PM   #148
CyberCubed
Overlord

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bry View Post
The "mystic powers" thing just reminds me of all of the other gimmicks they've latched onto the property when it's been in its death throes over the years. By now we know that TMNT always bounces back after a little time-out... but every time things dwindle for a specific iteration, they try to change up the formula in some way, and it always falls flat and dies out in a year or two anyway. Mystic powers, going to the future, "cyber" elements, soft reboots with new villains and allies... How often have these things paid off?
All this stuff is in the Mirage material. And yes you're right that it happens at the tail-end of a show, but that's mainly because the writers more or less exhaust their ideas as they covered the story they want to.

The 2k3 writers weren't allowed to use any old mutants or characters, so they didn't have much to do after awhile. The Nick cartoon has also pretty much exhausted most of the older characters, or the ones they want to use anyway, and are ending their story at Season 5.
Old 03-02-2017, 10:54 PM   #149
RaphaelinSTL
Mad Scientist

Quote:
Originally Posted by Andrew NDB View Post
Although in short order Viacom/Nick has seen "Out of the Shadows" fail dramatically (itself, a pseudo-dingy remagining of Fred Wolf, which they revere) and the Nick cartoon ratings dwindle to tiny numbers.

We have been wondering their answer to this. Will they age it up? Will they do the source material a little better service, age appropriately?

"Youngen them up. More humor."

That's what has been agreed in board meetings. Yikes.
Yeah, I find that to be the most despairing.
Old 03-02-2017, 10:57 PM   #150
Wildcat
Foot Elite

I have a couple episodes on my DVR that I haven't seen yet that just got pretty spoiled reading through this topic but that's ok

Those Comic Con shorts are amazing. I would absolutely love that as a series. Lots of fun and action but not stupidness.

Anyway I'm going to assume it's NOT going to be like Teen Titans Go! Cartoons finally seem to be moving away from that format fortunately.

This sounds cool. I don't mind a lighter toned series. The mystic powers and going on adventures sounds cool.
Old 03-02-2017, 11:39 PM   #151
Vicky82
Emperor

I'm still a bit skepticle over this new show but i'm still keeping an open mind, i'm just going to wait until I see more info,production stuff ect but if it sounds awful or too light tone for me, I will still watch it, TMNT fan for life.

As we getting a reboot show so soon after this current show, I wouldn't be surprised if they are already planning a reboot movie.

Last edited by Vicky82; 03-02-2017 at 11:53 PM.
Old 03-03-2017, 12:23 AM   #152
Xav
Foot Elite

Quote:
Originally Posted by CyberCubed View Post
The 2k3 writers weren't allowed to use any old mutants or characters, so they didn't have much to do after awhile.
Not true they used plenty of old characters.
Old 03-03-2017, 01:01 AM   #153
METALHEAD
Stone Warrior

I dont mind the rumor- lightness. I just want mikey and donnie to be buddy-buddy pals and throw jokes and gags with each other im curious of the mew voice acting' the new designs! However it does sound like jumping the shark abit?

Regardless I'll see if i like it. Honestly they should make a show based off the current 2014/2016 movies. Give us some stories that happen after krang's attempted invasion.

Other then that. Eh. I'm mostly curious at this point. Maybe they can make them look more like mirage turtles in a toony way?

i ship it.
Old 03-03-2017, 01:41 AM   #154
Cure
Y'all need Jesus

A show can't jump the shark before it even starts. Come on, man.
Old 03-03-2017, 01:47 AM   #155
Wildcat
Foot Elite

Ya. If they wanna go in a different direction it's better they give it its own show instead of changing the tone of the current show like they did with Fast Forward.
Old 03-03-2017, 02:03 AM   #156
CyberCubed
Overlord

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wildcat View Post
Ya. If they wanna go in a different direction it's better they give it its own show instead of changing the tone of the current show like they did with Fast Forward.
FF barely changed the tone aside from some catch phrases and some slightly more humor.
Old 03-03-2017, 02:14 AM   #157
Redworld96
Stone Warrior

Quote:
Has Ciro Nieli made any comments on this anywhere online? I'm curious to know if he's involved in the show in any capacity.
Someone asked him (by instagram I think) and he says he's not involved in the new show. Screenshot in spoilers because it's big:

Spoiler:
Old 03-03-2017, 03:24 AM   #158
ToTheNines
[sic]

I just remebered Suriano did this cover a while back.

Old 03-03-2017, 03:38 AM   #159
Kendamu
Sewerhead

Quote:
I wonder if the Nick show showing on-screen death and more violence is what prompted this change. Did Ciro step on too many boundaries and get the Nick executives in an uproar?

I've seen this happen to other shows in the past, where the "business execs" feel a show is getting too violent and they try to tone it down and kick the main director/producer to the curb.
Ciro was planning five seasons all along. He said so back at Power-Con in Anaheim between the first and second season.
Old 03-03-2017, 04:25 AM   #160
METALHEAD
Stone Warrior

Young pups want april black.

...i'm kinda hoping they make her Hispanic just for the nice change of individuality.

i ship it.
Closed Thread

Tags
2018, rise of the tmnt, speculation, we're crimefighters