The Technodrome Forums

Go Back   The Technodrome Forums > TMNT Universes > TMNT Movie Discussion

Notices

Old 03-12-2017, 01:11 PM   #21
MsMarvelDuckie
I Married a Duck!

Location: The bowels of Hell, Texas(otherwise known as Decatur)
O course there is good stuff in it. It is probably my favorite of the three (or at least a close second to the original- it really depends on my mood) due to several factors. One, the cinematography was GORGEOUS. The Japanese scenery right from the opening onward, was simply so beautiful, I fell in love instantly. All the characters were well-developed, and I really didn't mind the corny jokes, because- well, it IS TMNT (and they had more of the FW influence by then). I loved the fight scenes, and the costuming (not the turtles suits, but the rest of it) was really well done. I never found the plot or villains generic- they were different from what fans expected, sure, but time-travel is NEVER really "generic", IMHO. Also, the little hints at influencing their own future (Raph with Yoshi, Whit possibly being an ancestor of Casey, etc.) were neat. Overall, I think this one gets too much flack, and most of it is undeserved. Yes the turtle suits (mostly the heads, as someone pointed out) were not as good, but since they were mostly covered by the samurai armor I hardly ever noticed. The parts in New York were a lot of fun, too. Casey in the bar with those guards was hilarious, as was their introduction to hockey and TV.

"Where Science ends, magic begins." -Spiral, Uncanny X-Men #491

My various stories and fan-fics are now here-

https://m.fanfiction.net/u/4770494/#end
MsMarvelDuckie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2017, 02:02 PM   #22
IndigoErth
Team Blue Boy

Always my favorite part of the whole thing... Turtles in the old samurai outfits/armor. Kinda cute (and it hides those lackluster Turtle costumes).
IndigoErth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2017, 02:30 PM   #23
d_osborn
Mad Scientist

Quote:
Originally Posted by sgtfbomb View Post
Well, the theatrical poster was really cool. They never seem to use it for the home video release.
No kidding, the painted poster illustration is amazing.

Eastman and Laird's heart was in the right place for TMNT 3, but they just didn't have the right creative crew backing them up. The idea was to not make the same mistake and rush another sequel. It was supposed to be more in the tone of the first movie with the time travel stuff.

Another tip of the hat to Tarzan Boy. Fantastic old jam.

Last edited by Jester; 04-05-2017 at 08:15 PM.
d_osborn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2017, 05:11 AM   #24
Shark_Blade
Emperor

Despite the inferior looking turtles, it's better than Secret of the Ooze in every single way.
Shark_Blade is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2017, 05:20 AM   #25
Kingoji
Hench Mutant

The line "He who dings the shell must pay!" is worth it alone.
Old 03-13-2017, 05:44 AM   #26
ToTheNines
[sic]

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kingoji View Post
The line "He who dings the shell must pay!" is worth it alone.
Lol, yeah. Rist is awesome. "So... what's your sign?" was also perfectly delivered.

And I loved Raph calling Donnie out on his horrible Japanese.
ToTheNines is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2017, 12:14 PM   #27
Powder
So tired of this place

All the turtle banter in it is hilarious. If only there were a little less time spent on the human cast (though they too are pretty amusing!).

I'm convinced that none of you have ever experienced joy
Powder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2017, 12:27 PM   #28
Autbot_Benz
Hellblazer

I like the third one its cheesy but its fun. Id rather watch this one over the 2 bayturtle movies anyday
Old 03-16-2017, 09:32 AM   #29
pferreira
Foot Elite

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shark_Blade View Post
Despite the inferior looking turtles, it's better than Secret of the Ooze in every single way.
The jokes in the second movie are better.
pferreira is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2017, 09:50 AM   #30
sgtfbomb
Stone Warrior

Quote:
Originally Posted by pferreira View Post
The jokes in the second movie are better.
No doubt. TMNT III's joke fall flat almost all the time. For the most part, it's just a bunch of pulp culture references, like "Hey, let's have them do the 'stewing' gag from Wayne's World or mention the Addams Family."
sgtfbomb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2017, 02:12 PM   #31
Turnstone
Stone Warrior

I see a lot of praise for this movie but I'm wondering if most of the praise is coming from those born after 1984. The only three things that are good in this movie are the illustrations, the fact that they use their weapons and maybe that Tarzan Boy song which I oddly like. Costumes are ridiculous and the story is nothing of value. I have only seen it three or four times since it's release (as I have seen all three movies in theaters) and it's still unwatchable to me.

The original movie will always be a classic and is a "watch anytime" kind of flick. The second one is watchable mostly due to nostalgia for those of us that grew up around this time. Other than that, I really don't watch any other TMNT movies. However, I always wanted to see a small series of animated movies done right similar to the DC ones made.
Turnstone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2017, 03:02 PM   #32
Vicky82
Emperor

I like this movie, there were some good moments in it

Mikey saving the kid from the fire and Leo giving him CPR.
Mikey bonding with Mitsu and also when Mikey had to held back and told to calm down when Whit kidnapped Mitsu.
Raph bonding with little Yoshi.
Raph also had to be held back and told to calm down when Walker had April.

Vicky82 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2017, 06:16 PM   #33
lonewarrior20
Mad Scientist

i enjoyed it. personally a little editing and a change on the cheesy sound effects would've made it better. i love mikey in this film along with the final fight scene.

"If the sun comes up tomorrow, it is only because of men of good will. That is all there is between us and the devil."
Kenny O'Donnell

https://www.deviantart.com/lonewarrior20 my fan comic/episodes of the lost season, weird ideas and my collection pics
lonewarrior20 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2017, 07:58 PM   #34
oldmanwinters
Overlord

In my opinion, the action figure tie-ins to this movie were great. I enjoyed the intricate designs of the samurai outfits and the removable face plates.

Experience the TMNT Fan Commentaries!
Check out my TMNT fan comic, "Nothing to Fear"!
View my sketch work!
I'm selling some of my hard-to-find TMNT items!
oldmanwinters is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2017, 08:19 PM   #35
Jester
Rat-faced Dude-guy

I've said it before and I'll say it again...

Had TMNT III had Henson Suits, it'd be remembered more fondly.

"Clearly, you're Ninja Turtling incorrectly." - Leo656
Jester is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2017, 08:25 PM   #36
FredWolfLeonardo
Big Blue Boy Scout

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jester View Post
I've said it before and I'll say it again...

Had TMNT III had Henson Suits, it'd be remembered more fondly.
This.

I think it could've been a much better film with only a few adjustments, not just an enjoyable bad film:

1. The enemies could've been the ancestors of Oroku Saki and the turtles ally themselves with Hamato Yoshi's ancestors to fight them.
2. Jim Henson suits
3. Tone and atmosphere of the 1st film (fight scenes, soundtrack, dialogue etc.)

I guess people will always see the 3rd as the worst, even if it can be argued that it was better than SOTO in some areas. SOTO had shredder, the Jim Henson suits and a more memorable set-up so it will always be seen more fondly than tmnt 3.

Last edited by FredWolfLeonardo; 04-05-2017 at 08:36 PM.
FredWolfLeonardo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2017, 09:56 PM   #37
Btown
Hench Mutant

Quote:
Originally Posted by FredWolfLeonardo View Post
This.

I think it could've been a much better film with only a few adjustments, not just an enjoyable bad film:

1. The enemies could've been the ancestors of Oroku Saki and the turtles ally themselves with Hamato Yoshi's ancestors to fight them.
2. Jim Henson suits
3. Tone and atmosphere of the 1st film (fight scenes, soundtrack, dialogue etc.)

I guess people will always see the 3rd as the worst, even if it can be argued that it was better than SOTO in some areas. SOTO had shredder, the Jim Henson suits and a more memorable set-up so it will always be seen more fondly than tmnt 3.
This is exactly how I feel. I recently rewatched this and I couldnt help but think the same thing.
Old 04-06-2017, 08:47 AM   #38
pferreira
Foot Elite

Quote:
Originally Posted by sgtfbomb View Post
No doubt. TMNT III's joke fall flat almost all the time. For the most part, it's just a bunch of pulp culture references, like "Hey, let's have them do the 'stewing' gag from Wayne's World or mention the Addams Family."
I have no idea why they included an Addams Family reference. It's like James Rolfe once said, you're not expecting The Addams Family, The Addams Family is the furthest thing from you mind when watching a TMNT movie.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Turnstone View Post
I have only seen it three or four times since it's release (as I have seen all three movies in theaters) and it's still unwatchable to me.
Well they say humour is subjective so maybe other than Raph thought The Addams Family reference was hilarious.
pferreira is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2017, 06:43 AM   #39
myconius
Abby Normal

Location: the grave marked "Unknown" right beside Arch Stanton.
i recently re-watched Tmnt pt3.

it was a breath of fresh air seeing them use their weapons.

and Ninja Turtles wearing samurai armor . . . frikken DOPE!!!

i mean it's no Kurosawa film, but it was still pretty cool!
Old 04-21-2017, 07:46 AM   #40
Punker
Mouser

In my opinion, the third movie is by far the worst of the original movie series, but it's still not nearly as bad as a lot of people make it out to be. Like most people have said, their costumes are awful, which definitely brings it down for me. It's kind of hilarious how much worse they are compared to the first and second movies.

One of the biggest positives for me is having Casey Jones back. Even though he doesn't do much in the movie, it's still pretty sweet that he's there. I also love having Corey Feldman back as the voice of Donatello. I don't know how most people feel about him, considering that it's not really a traditional nerdy Donatello voice, but that was the voice that really stuck to me as Donatello when I was a kid.

There are a lot of nice bonding moments, like people have mentioned as well. So, it's not one of my favorites, but I think that it's worth watching.
Punker is offline   Reply With Quote