The Technodrome Forums

Go Back   The Technodrome Forums > TMNT Universes > General TMNT Discussion

Notices

Old 05-21-2010, 04:04 AM   #1
Mutated Turtle
Stone Warrior

Is Krang a Utrom?

Krang and a Utrom look alike,but is Krang an Utrom???
Mutated Turtle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2010, 04:15 AM   #2
Candy Kappa
The Agenda of Existing

No.
his looks are only based off the Utrom species.

Krang is a Dimension X warlord, that got exiled from his own world and his body. One of the OT episodes Krang Clones himself, the clones grows back their bodies, you can see how Krang looked like before he became a brain with a face.

While the Utroms are naturally squid looking

besides there huge differences between a Utrom and Krang, when you look at them, like different numbers of tentacles and body type.

Last edited by Candy Kappa; 05-21-2010 at 04:23 AM.
Candy Kappa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2010, 06:45 AM   #3
Koi
Mad Scientist

I a picture of Krang before he looked like a squid, he looked kind of lizardy to me.
Koi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2010, 06:53 AM   #4
Candy Kappa
The Agenda of Existing

one of the Clones of Krang, so basically he'd look similar to this

Last edited by Candy Kappa; 05-21-2010 at 10:12 AM.
Old 05-21-2010, 10:08 AM   #5
sdp
Megan Fox = April

Who knows but I do know that is one line to piss off Krang.

Wait a second....I see what you did there, you found a way to sneak another "line to piss off.." thread, clever.

Well other lines would include, "Hey krang why is your robot body naked?, wait why are YOU naked?"
sdp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2010, 10:33 AM   #6
Original TMNT Cartoon Fan
Overlord

Purple Dragon Gang

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kiwamu The Kappa View Post
No.
his looks are only based off the Utrom species.

Krang is a Dimension X warlord, that got exiled from his own world and his body. One of the OT episodes Krang Clones himself, the clones grows back their bodies, you can see how Krang looked like before he became a brain with a face.

While the Utroms are naturally squid looking

besides there huge differences between a Utrom and Krang, when you look at them, like different numbers of tentacles and body type.
Maybe, maybe not. I think it's not mentioned. It's the same like if the street punk gang in "Turtle Tracks" of the 1987 TMNT cartoon is the Purple Dragon Gang. The name is not mentioned, but it is at least based on the Purple Dragon Gang.
Original TMNT Cartoon Fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2010, 10:59 AM   #7
sdp
Megan Fox = April

Is it stated they grew back their bodies and they weren't just maybe enhancements?

There is also the other OT episode that shows Krang with others like him.
Old 05-21-2010, 11:49 AM   #8
Candy Kappa
The Agenda of Existing

Quote:
Originally Posted by J 1982 View Post
Maybe, maybe not. I think it's not mentioned. It's the same like if the street punk gang in "Turtle Tracks" of the 1987 TMNT cartoon is the Purple Dragon Gang. The name is not mentioned, but it is at least based on the Purple Dragon Gang.
it's very clear that Krang is not a Utrom. "Invasion of the Krangezoids" clearly shows that Krang had a body, not to mention Peter's sketch for a real body Krang figure. Krang have never been called a Utrom, he's from a different dimension while the Utroms are from a different planet.

The episode having flashback where Krang are among his kind and they are brain like creatures in bubble-walkers like him, have been contradicted by the show many times. Krang have said several times that he had a body before he got exiled out off Dimension X.
Old 05-21-2010, 12:02 PM   #9
Teddy
Hench Mutant

There is also an Utrom named Krang, but they're not the same character of course. Just done as a joke I'm sure. In the 2k3 series when the Utroms are all escaping into the transmat one of the Utroms complains about having to walk on their tenticles and another Utrom says "Oh shut up, Krang!"...or something like that. Details escape me at the moment. *shrugs*
Old 05-21-2010, 12:26 PM   #10
gobo
Wacky Action

Quote:
Originally Posted by sdp View Post
Is it stated they grew back their bodies and they weren't just maybe enhancements?
Krang thought they were going to stay disembodied brains. He even built them all bubble walkers. And, Donatello suggested that the bodies were part of their DNA and they were just regrowing them the way a lizard regrows a tail. Still, since David Wise wrote this one himself, it's pretty safe to say that it was meant to be Krang's original form.
Quote:
There is also the other OT episode that shows Krang with others like him.
I'm a little fuzzy on the details of that flashback, but I think it's best to think of that as being his scientists AFTER they got their matching haircuts. It's less irritating than thinking it was just the work of some clueless hack who doesn't pay attention to detail.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kiwamu The Kappa View Post
not to mention Peter's sketch for a real body Krang figure.
Ooh! Link please.

gobo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2010, 12:48 PM   #11
sdp
Megan Fox = April

Quote:
Originally Posted by gobo View Post
I'm a little fuzzy on the details of that flashback, but I think it's best to think of that as being his scientists AFTER they got their matching haircuts. It's less irritating than thinking it was just the work of some clueless hack who doesn't pay attention to detail.
what?

I was thinking that maybe they also got their bodies taken away like Krang did, that would explain it. Is that what you meant with the haircut thing?

Anyways it wouldn't be some clueless hack since that flashback happened before they ever showed his body so that would have meant it was later retconned.
Old 05-21-2010, 01:01 PM   #12
gobo
Wacky Action

Quote:
I was thinking that maybe they also got their bodies taken away like Krang did, that would explain it. Is that what you meant with the haircut thing?
Exactly. It's a metaphor. The barber just took a little too much off the top.
Quote:
Anyways it wouldn't be some clueless hack since that flashback happened before they ever showed his body so that would have meant it was later retconned.
True, but retconning is irritating any way you slice it.

gobo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2010, 01:05 PM   #13
Candy Kappa
The Agenda of Existing

Quote:
Originally Posted by gobo View Post

Ooh! Link please.
looked around at Laird's blog, I saw it there. But without luck I found it on a different site

Old 05-21-2010, 01:15 PM   #14
Andrew NDB
Weed Whacker

If they ever -- and I can't stress how much I hope they do not -- decide to throw Krang into a movie or anything ever again... I would hope they would retrofit him as a renegade or rogue Utrom.
Andrew NDB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2010, 01:20 PM   #15
hudemx
Hench Mutant

Even though I'm not an expert on this Part of the OT I had my own Version of the Story back the Days:

The Body Krang lost, when he was banished from Dimension X, was a Androidbody. He always was just the "brain" he is - Also General Traag and Lt. Granitor recognized Krang when they first saw him back in episode 4 of the OT. How could they recognize Krangs Brain if it's suposed to be in a Body?
Then there was that scene which showed others like Krang walking around in Bubblewalker in a Flashback (Krang with a mustache was prizeless), which would also support this theory.
The Lizards that the Krang-Clones became could also have been a pre-evolutional Form of Krangs own Race, they evoluted backwards.

sry if I made some mistakes in the short Text, remember english isn't the language I grew up with...
Old 05-21-2010, 01:33 PM   #16
John Pannozzi
Stone Warrior

Quote:
Originally Posted by Andrew NDB View Post
If they ever -- and I can't stress how much I hope they do not -- decide to throw Krang into a movie or anything ever again... I would hope they would retrofit him as a renegade or rogue Utrom.
BTW, I've heard that Dan Berger gave Krang that backstory in the TMNT comic strip. Anyone here know more about that strip and Krang's role in it ?
Originally Posted by Bergerjacques
It was definitely not a kid's book.
That was the thing that always mystified me about the turn the franchise took when Eastman and Laird licensed the cartoon and the parallel comic book published by the same outfit that gave us Archie. The turtles' original origin story? The whole thing hinges on a for-Christ's-sake rape-murder!!!!
from here.
John Pannozzi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2010, 01:37 PM   #17
discordiatookie
facehugger

Quote:
Originally Posted by John Pannozzi View Post
BTW, I've heard that Dan Berger gave Krang that backstory in the TMNT comic strip. Anyone here know more about that strip and Krang's role in it ?
I'm afraid not. I find it a sin that the strips were never collected either, i'd love to see them in print. Sigh.

You actually trying to read this tiny text? Damn, you're dedicated! This is all just for effect you know...

original TMNT art collection
discordiatookie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2010, 02:37 PM   #18
ToTheNines
[sic]

Quote:
Originally Posted by hudemx View Post
Also General Traag and Lt. Granitor recognized Krang when they first saw him back in episode 4 of the OT. How could they recognize Krangs Brain if it's suposed to be in a Body?
Voice recognition.
ToTheNines is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2010, 02:43 PM   #19
Cipher
Foot Elite

Quote:
Originally Posted by ToTheNines View Post
Voice recognition.
Yep. Even the clones had their same voices when they regrew their bodies.

On a side note, am I the only one who kind of wanted to see Krang get his body back and go toe-to-toe with the Turtles at some point? One of the many avenues I wish the Fred Wolf cartoon would have explored.

Quote:
Who knows but I do know that is one line to piss off Krang.

Wait a second....I see what you did there, you found a way to sneak another "line to piss off.." thread, clever.

Well other lines would include, "Hey krang why is your robot body naked?, wait why are YOU naked?"
God damn it, why does this keep happening?
Cipher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2010, 02:46 PM   #20
hudemx
Hench Mutant

Quote:
Originally Posted by ToTheNines View Post
Voice recognition.
Well, but it seems Traag hasn't heard him when Krang called him by his Name. He keeps looking for the Neutrinos until he looks down and sees Krang.

So he must have known how his "brain" looked like!

Tags
krang, utrom