The Technodrome Forums

Go Back   The Technodrome Forums > TMNT Universes > TMNT Comic Discussion

Notices

Old 02-16-2017, 05:36 AM   #1601
AlessandraDC
Thug

I just want to say it was a fantastic issue. Great interactions between the guys. Loved the beginning with Slash reading to the pigeons and then the brutal fight with the Mutanimals. So much to love in this issue. How long will this arc be? And will Bishop and the EPF (add to Leo's already long list of adversaries!) be around for the long haul or just this stint?
AlessandraDC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2017, 08:55 AM   #1602
Bobby Curnow
Official TMNT Staff/Cast

Thanks very much! This story arc lasts four issues in total. We'll have to see how long Bishop hangs around for!
Bobby Curnow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2017, 07:41 PM   #1603
John Pannozzi
Stone Warrior

Quote:
Originally Posted by DestronMirage22 View Post
Hey Bobby, I don't know if this was ever asked or not, but are you guys able to use any of the characters from the TMNT Palladium RPG series'?

I'd love to see what you guys could do with guys like Doc Feral, who didn't get much characterization in those books, and see how they'd be implemented in the current canon.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sophie Campbell View Post
I'd KILL to be a part of introducing some TMNT RPG characters, I LOVE that stuff!! I've brought the mutant porcupine to Bobby a couple times over the years. I'd love to be involved with Dr. Feral or the Sparrow-Eagles or Caesar and the weasels.

My bet is they're off-limits though, it seems like they would've used the Terror Bears in the Nick show if they could, rather than the Dream Beavers which are obviously a Terror Bears riff.
The legal information in the old RPG books claimed that Kevin Siembieda (the head of Palladium) owned all those characters. I've never seen anything to suggest that the ownership has changed hands since.
Originally Posted by Bergerjacques
It was definitely not a kid's book.
That was the thing that always mystified me about the turn the franchise took when Eastman and Laird licensed the cartoon and the parallel comic book published by the same outfit that gave us Archie. The turtles' original origin story? The whole thing hinges on a for-Christ's-sake rape-murder!!!!
from here.
John Pannozzi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2017, 09:01 AM   #1604
oldmanwinters
Overlord

Quote:
Originally Posted by CylonsKlingonsDaleksOhMy View Post
No want any of these crossovers you guys are bandying about. NO WANT.

Just thought I'd let Bobby know there's two sides to this story...
If Mega Bloks hadn't snatched up the TMNT license, I'd almost expect a Lego Batman/Lego TMNT comic crossover.

Experience the TMNT Fan Commentaries!
Check out my TMNT fan comic, "Nothing to Fear"!
View my sketch work!
I'm selling some of my hard-to-find TMNT items!
oldmanwinters is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2017, 09:50 AM   #1605
CylonsKlingonsDaleksOhMy
Annalist

Hey Bobby,

Without wanting to get into spoilers, are there any characters (say, Splinter, Casey, Hun, or major antagonists) that, no matter how many stories you tell with them, you already know their final fate and you're slowly working towards it? Or is it more a case of you tell the stories you tell with the ideas you have, and in most cases, you just put the characters back on the shelf for later use, even if you don't have any further ideas for them?

For example, I know some of us readers have gotten a little frustrated with Hun's diminishing appearances and threat level, and kinda feel like his story would've ended satisfyingly with him in jail after his face-off with Casey in "Vengeance."
Old 02-17-2017, 10:11 AM   #1606
Bobby Curnow
Official TMNT Staff/Cast

A bit of both: there's some characters that we have a very set end game for. Others, we feel like there's more story potential for, so there's no final storyline in mind.
Old 02-17-2017, 11:40 AM   #1607
oldmanwinters
Overlord

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bobby Curnow View Post
A bit of both: there's some characters that we have a very set end game for. Others, we feel like there's more story potential for, so there's no final storyline in mind.
Interesting! Thanks for the answer!

Good question, Cylons.

Experience the TMNT Fan Commentaries!
Check out my TMNT fan comic, "Nothing to Fear"!
View my sketch work!
I'm selling some of my hard-to-find TMNT items!
oldmanwinters is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2017, 11:45 AM   #1608
CyberCubed
Overlord

As you've seen by the reactions, a lot of people are surprised by the increase in graphic violence in the newest issue. Was there any specific reason you guys made those scenes so much more violent than usual, since the same scenario could have played out with all the characters knocked out either way. And is Nick OK with the increased violence in the book, since Dun's demise and now this?

Is this what we can expect more going forward, with Nick giving you guys more leeway in terms of violence?
CyberCubed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2017, 11:48 AM   #1609
CylonsKlingonsDaleksOhMy
Annalist

Quote:
Originally Posted by CyberCubed View Post
As you've seen by the reactions, a lot of people are surprised by the increase in graphic violence in the newest issue. Was there any specific reason you guys made those scenes so much more violent than usual, since the same scenario could have played out with all the characters knocked out either way. And is Nick OK with the increased violence in the book, since Dun's demise and now this?

Is this what we can expect more going forward, with Nick giving you guys more leeway in terms of violence?
I think the choice was probably made to showcase how horrible Bishop is; not only is he brutalizing the mutants, but he's using one of their own to do it.

Looking forward to Bobby's insight on this...
Old 02-17-2017, 04:50 PM   #1610
Zog The Magnificent
Stone Warrior

When you wrap up the story-lines at #100, are there plans now to continue past that, or is the plan to call it good?
Zog The Magnificent is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2017, 06:13 PM   #1611
ChosenOne
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zog The Magnificent View Post
When you wrap up the story-lines at #100, are there plans now to continue past that, or is the plan to call it good?
You're assuming everything will be wrapped up in #100. I have a feeling it's going to be a milestone more akin to The Walking Dead's own 100th issue, to cite a relatively recent example, in that it will definitely be an eventful issue that will change everything forever (safest bets right now are Splinter's death and/or Shredder's return), but at the same time will set up and propel the story forward for a good long while.

I mean, we're just now getting to the good stuff with Bishop, there're plenty of space adventures coming up and a certain Utrom to revive from stasis, the Pantheon arc doesn't seem anywhere near close to being resolved and we haven't even met all of those characters yet, Leatherhead is still in the sidelines with barely any panel time thus far, Stockman and Null are still in play for the upcoming war, Karai will be coming back into the picture soon... And that's not even counting the fairly likely possibility of some new big bad cropping up.

All in all, I'd say #100 won't be anywhere near the end. But that's just me, of course.
ChosenOne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2017, 07:11 PM   #1612
turtlefanforever
Foot Elite

probably not but

Any chance you do another mega blox comic? The last one was very entertaining.
turtlefanforever is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2017, 10:24 PM   #1613
Zog The Magnificent
Stone Warrior

Will the whole "Krang collected the turtle's DNA" thing be addressed in any way in the upcoming "Trial of Krang" arc?
Zog The Magnificent is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2017, 06:44 AM   #1614
old_hob88
Foot Soldier

Bobby,

Can't seem to find if this has been asked before, but where does the Jennika back up lie in terms of continuity?

Also, is Metalhead 2.0 before TMNT #67?

Thank you so much for everything you do!
old_hob88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2017, 03:38 PM   #1615
John Pannozzi
Stone Warrior

Are IDW's comics based on Nick's TMNT cartoon done after the Batman crossover?
Originally Posted by Bergerjacques
It was definitely not a kid's book.
That was the thing that always mystified me about the turn the franchise took when Eastman and Laird licensed the cartoon and the parallel comic book published by the same outfit that gave us Archie. The turtles' original origin story? The whole thing hinges on a for-Christ's-sake rape-murder!!!!
from here.
John Pannozzi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2017, 06:09 PM   #1616
Bobby Curnow
Official TMNT Staff/Cast

Quote:
Originally Posted by CyberCubed View Post

Nothing has changed internally-- we've had the same standards since after the first year, when things were a bit more closely monitored in terms of violence. I think both Tom and I have no interest in violence and gore for the sake of it in this book. But when the time is right, we'll let loose. If we had scenes of violence like in #67 all the time, we wouldn't have that nice element of surprise/shock for the moments that deserve it.
Old 02-22-2017, 06:12 PM   #1617
Bobby Curnow
Official TMNT Staff/Cast

Quote:
Right now we're treating #100 much the same way as we did #50-- A lot of "current" storylines will be wrapped up, and the stage will be set for a new status quo, more or less. #50 I think would have been a satisfying conclusion, I think, if that were to be the case... likewise, I hope #100 will be the same. But if sales are still good, and we've still got stories to tell (which I think and hope we do), then I would imagine we'll continue. But, a bit too early to tell at this stage.
Old 02-22-2017, 06:13 PM   #1618
Bobby Curnow
Official TMNT Staff/Cast

Quote:
Originally Posted by turtlefanforever View Post
Any chance you do another mega blox comic? The last one was very entertaining.
No plans as far as I know. Glad you enjoyed it!
Old 02-22-2017, 06:14 PM   #1619
Bobby Curnow
Official TMNT Staff/Cast

Quote:
Will the whole "Krang collected the turtle's DNA" thing be addressed in any way in the upcoming "Trial of Krang" arc?
Can't comment, sorry!
Old 02-22-2017, 06:18 PM   #1620
Bobby Curnow
Official TMNT Staff/Cast

Quote:
Originally Posted by old_hob88 View Post
Bobby,

Can't seem to find if this has been asked before, but where does the Jennika back up lie in terms of continuity?

Also, is Metalhead 2.0 before TMNT #67?

Thank you so much for everything you do!
As I've been juggling more and more stuff, I'm paying less and less attention to where things go-- as long at it could conceivably fit somewhere, i'm good with it. So, i'm always happy to hear input from you guys on where things fit best. Sometimes you guys catch things that I didn't think about or forgot. With that being said, I would put Metalhead 2.0 between #66 and #67.

The Jennika back-up I'd put anywhere between #64 and #67. In today's Universe issue, we see in the back-up that Don is grabbing some sort of power source from somewhere drones are chasing him-- which means he had not finished his modifications on the new Metalhead... meaning the back up story would have to take place before Metalhead 2.0, and by extension, TMNT #67.

Tags
bobby curnow, idw, idw's tmnt, questions, tom waltz