The Technodrome Forums

Go Back   The Technodrome Forums > General Forums > General Discussion > Everything Else

Notices

Old 09-15-2014, 10:06 PM   #2001
Gunpowder
Stone Warrior

Quote:
Originally Posted by Netkeeper View Post
Sometimes I wish I could just temporarily turn my emotions off so I can motivate myself to do the things I actually want to do. I can sit alone for hours and keep telling myself "I want to go take a walk" or "I want to play a video game" or "I want to draw" but my emotions keep getting in the way of me actually doing those things. I want to just turn them off for a little while so I can do whatever I want and feel completely numb while doing it. Only raw brainpower will exist. No emotions getting in the ****ing way.
I can relate 100%. I know exactly what you mean.
Old 09-15-2014, 10:56 PM   #2002
MsMarvelDuckie
I Married a Duck!

Location: The bowels of Hell, Texas(otherwise known as Decatur)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Metalwolf View Post
Is it possible to set up a hidden camera right outside the stalls? If it's not illegal to do, you'd have a good way to find out exactly who's doing it.

Not sure, but I don't have the resources or authority to do that, anyway. It would have to be near the door, probably over the hand dryers, but in any case, it would open up a nasty can of legal worms regarding privacy if any of our customers realized it was there. There are reasons that public restrooms do not have such hidden cameras- it tends to weird people out. Especially when used in a women's room.....

"Where Science ends, magic begins." -Spiral, Uncanny X-Men #491

My various stories and fan-fics are now here-

https://m.fanfiction.net/u/4770494/#end
MsMarvelDuckie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2014, 05:26 PM   #2003
Powder
So tired of this place

An ex I haven't talked to in years finds my Twitter, follows, asks if we can reconnect, I reluctantly say sure & ask how she is, & she never responds. Been 2 weeks, nothing. & it's not like she's not around either. Pisses me off. Like, you came around & made me give a sh*t, then you blow me off? Dafucizat? Bitch. All you did was remind me why we don't talk. Unfollowed.

I'm convinced that none of you have ever experienced joy
Powder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2014, 05:34 PM   #2004
pennydreadful
trash

The fact that it's taking so long for my Anatometal order of new earrings to show up (first-world problems, I know, right). But the Anatometal factory has had problems with their machines, has had to reorder them and the replacement machines were duds as well, end result being that my order from midway through July likely isn't going to show up until the end of October.

For someone who sucks at waiting, that's total torture. I want my new titanium barbells, goshdangit! *sulks*

Creator of the Technodrome After Dark Discussion Group. PM for an invite (must be over 18 - no exceptions).
pennydreadful is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2014, 05:23 AM   #2005
ssjup81
Foot Elite

Not having access to wifi! Seriously, in this day and age ALL places should have it, or at least places where people must stay for a while like hotels and hospitals!

Oh and adding, not being able to watch the next turtles ep because of this cell data cap crap.
ssjup81 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2014, 07:42 AM   #2006
blindturtle02
Foot Elite

Quote:
Originally Posted by ssjup81 View Post
Not having access to wifi! Seriously, in this day and age ALL places should have it, or at least places where people must stay for a while like hotels and hospitals!

Oh and adding, not being able to watch the next turtles ep because of this cell data cap crap.
I agree, you'd think just about every place would have wifi. To quote Don and Raph from the OT... It's mind boggling, it's baffling, its... Incredibly stupid!
Old 09-17-2014, 08:25 AM   #2007
BubblyShell22
Leo-holic

I agree about Wi-Fi. It sucks that I can't get it out here in the country and that's so stupid.

What else grinds my gears: That CBS changed The Amazing Race from airing on Sundays to Fridays and that it premieres the same night of the TMNT season finale. That's just so stupid. Why can't they just keep it on Sundays as they always do? I have a feeling this is a bad move and that it'll cost them ratings for sure.

Also a certain troll who's been posting on the forums lately. Something needs to be done about that.

"Embrace your inner a**holiness."-Mr. Anderson.
BubblyShell22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2014, 09:00 AM   #2008
Netkeeper
tactical blackquill

Report every post. Spam the mods' inboxes with reports until they do something.
Old 09-17-2014, 09:22 AM   #2009
tmntpower1988
Stone Warrior

I hate sneezing. Was sneezing a lot earlier and now I have a dizzy head.

Quote:
Sometimes I wish I could just temporarily turn my emotions off so I can motivate myself to do the things I actually want to do. I can sit alone for hours and keep telling myself "I want to go take a walk" or "I want to play a video game" or "I want to draw" but my emotions keep getting in the way of me actually doing those things. I want to just turn them off for a little while so I can do whatever I want and feel completely numb while doing it. Only raw brainpower will exist. No emotions getting in the ****ing way.
I'd love to start back at the gym but I can't seem to motivate myself to do it. I was going to the gym every week for a few months and was starting to feel better then all of a sudden I just lost interest in it and stopped going. Have to meet a Community Psychiatric Nurse in the town tomorrow, she said it's to get me out of the house to try and help my Agoraphobia. I'm dreading having to travel on a bus. Hate being stuck on a bus full of people.
tmntpower1988 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2014, 12:37 AM   #2010
Dawnatello Turtle Chick
Mad Scientist

Quote:
No fear or anything like that. Just this biting, overwhelming sadness that I can't shake off because it keeps me from doing anything that COULD shake it off.
I know what you mean, I battled with this for years. I've been much better in recent years with "tricking" myself into getting on with things, etc. I have to outsmart myself with stuff like that...

Quote:
Originally Posted by snake View Post
When my Internet goes out. It doesn't go out often, but when it does, it takes about an hour for it to load back up.
We've had a few times within the past months where working crews have cut the fiber optic lines that then send our whole town into a communication blackout- no internet, no cell service, no land lines, no TV... the best part is that it takes them all day to fix it. You would think after the first time they'd wise up and stop cutting the line..... Nope!
Old 09-18-2014, 01:36 PM   #2011
Powder
So tired of this place

A friend/bandmate/business partner has ignored my calls for 2 weeks now, yet he's posting crap all over Facebook like it ain't no thing. I'm gonna slap this dude.

I'm convinced that none of you have ever experienced joy
Powder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2014, 04:10 PM   #2012
blindturtle02
Foot Elite

All these folks hacking into store computers grind my gears lately. I don't shop at Home Depot, but my future father-in-law's credit card was compromised due to some big security breach that took place recently. I heard it was bigger than the Target business last Holiday season. It's just a matter of time before they get caught. How stupid can they be? I know things are tough for a lot of folks, but stealing cash from others has some seriously awful end results.
Old 09-18-2014, 05:56 PM   #2013
Netkeeper
tactical blackquill

Ah, yes. My dad works at Home Depot and when he found out about that through the news, it was the first time anybody had told him anything. Neither his boss or the higher-ups said ANYTHING to the employees about it. Fun, huh?
Old 09-18-2014, 06:36 PM   #2014
blindturtle02
Foot Elite

Quote:
Ah, yes. My dad works at Home Depot and when he found out about that through the news, it was the first time anybody had told him anything. Neither his boss or the higher-ups said ANYTHING to the employees about it. Fun, huh?
lol Yeah, loads! Not telling the employees? I hadn't heard of that yet. Now there's a new wrinkle. You'd think the higher ups could get in very hot water for that.
Old 09-19-2014, 01:02 AM   #2015
ssjup81
Foot Elite

My depression. So because of my depression issues, and my apathetic approach most anything offline whenever I got into a depressed mode for no reason, has caught up with me.

I received letters but ignored them and had the bad habit if not checking my mail because I wouldn't care. My mood would go down and I'd become forgetful as well. Anyway, today some mail was brought to me here in the hospital. So I'll have this hospital bill, not too much, but I also owe the city money. I thought it was an automatic thing. The tax and the Japanese pension (which sucks because even if I were a perm resident, I wouldn't be allowed to collect this). Altogether, I owe about $2600.

The main gear grind...my irresponsibility and having to ask my parents for help.
ssjup81 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2014, 03:17 AM   #2016
Whatswiththeheadbands?
The Weed of Crime

Often gravity. I made a lovely pizza yesterday. It had pepperoni, mushrooms and hot dogs on. I put it on my plate, put the plate down. The plate then fell of the desk and smashed. This meant all of my pizza fell on the floor.

Really annoys me sometimes.
Old 09-19-2014, 06:50 AM   #2017
BubblyShell22
Leo-holic

Oh, I hear you about the hackers. I'm totally sick of all of that. No one is safe anymore, and it's just horrible how people can be so heartless to steal someone's identity. That happened with my mom's credit card and there was a breach at the hospital where my mom went to get treatment, so she was compromised there, too.

Old 09-19-2014, 11:27 AM   #2018
Metalwolf
Mad Scientist

Quote:
Originally Posted by BubblyShell22 View Post
Oh, I hear you about the hackers. I'm totally sick of all of that. No one is safe anymore, and it's just horrible how people can be so heartless to steal someone's identity. That happened with my mom's credit card and there was a breach at the hospital where my mom went to get treatment, so she was compromised there, too.
I heard Ebay also got hacked too. So if you buy anything there, you might want to keep an eye on your bank accounts.
Metalwolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2014, 02:52 PM   #2019
blindturtle02
Foot Elite

Quote:
Originally Posted by Metalwolf View Post
I heard Ebay also got hacked too. So if you buy anything there, you might want to keep an eye on your bank accounts.
Definitely, MW. I haven't bought anything from Ebay in a while but recently closed out my account there just to be safe.

Aw man, sorry about those bills ssjup. My mom is still paying some for Kemo treatments which took place around a year and a half ago. She beat cancer, but that disease really grinds my gears. So do bills of all kinds. They suck.

Headbands, I hear ya about gravity. That happened to my better half recently. It involved Chinese food. The cat was successful in tripping her up that time and she was very bummed. I don't usually do Chinese so I was about to heat up something for myself when her food was lost. Then I was like,"Aw screw it. You want me to treat you to pizza?" Pizza is pretty much the instant cure to being bummed unless that falls to the floor or the cat runs off with some. Then it's Armageddon.
Old 09-19-2014, 03:58 PM   #2020
BubblyShell22
Leo-holic

We don't have Ebay accounts, so we're good on that front.