The Technodrome Forums

Go Back   The Technodrome Forums > TMNT Universes > General TMNT Discussion

Notices

Old 08-15-2018, 12:13 PM   #21
miru
Mad Scientist

While a lot of Nick characters got a bit more limelight via toys and comics and games, some of them didn’t really get closure to who they were. Mutagen Man is a hanging plot thread, for example, in addition to some that didn’t even get fleshed out in tie-ins (I wished they did some more...). Insofar as ones who never showed up at all there, Groundchuck, Dirtbag, War, Cement Man, Chote, and Tempestra feel like especially strange omissions and good concepts to explore.

I didn’t count characters like Ninjara, Mortu, or Traximus who have analogues in the Nick show (Alopex, Bishop, and Zeno), nor those that got homages but no real appearance (Neutrinos, Scaletail, Ray, Ace Duck, Hothead, etc.) in the series. REX-1’s absence from everything after the OT is odd too. Would have been cool to see him as Don’s secondary robot experiment. (Other than turning the remains of Irma into a guard-Bot, maybe?)

Venus and Carter’s absence seems more justified because everyone hated them back in the day, but no salvage attempts have been made for them.
miru is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2018, 06:42 PM   #22
Utrommaniac
Resident overthinker

They were really going somewhere with Shreeka in FW and I would love to see her get more of a presence.

She may have lost her power ring, but like...it would have been cool to see her do more stuff.
Old 08-15-2018, 07:36 PM   #23
miru
Mad Scientist

Notably, Nick uses few 2003 characters compared to the staples and Playmates+FW+Archie+Konami cast. Only Hun and Bishop appeared, as well as a Traximus analogue. Shokanbo would have worked pretty well with his oozy body, maybe even manipulating Mutagen Man into his follower. Also, Tattoo wasn’t used there either. He would have been a good pick for a male rogue Foot. I find it odd he hasn’t been worked into IDW either.

In general, characters from “secondary canon” to existing universes are never seen afterwards. Such as Lobsterdude, Buttercup, Dheeraj, Izo, etc.
miru is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2018, 09:35 AM   #24
jestermon
Hench Mutant

That giant bull monster thing from the cartoon
Attached Images
File Type: jpg hqdefault.jpg (15.5 KB, 5 views)
jestermon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2018, 05:12 AM   #25
pferreira
Foot Elite

Quote:
Originally Posted by jestermon View Post
That giant bull monster thing from the cartoon
My favourite episode ever...he lied.

Oh come on there was no need for that screencap.
pferreira is offline   Reply With Quote