The Technodrome Forums

Go Back   The Technodrome Forums > TMNT Universes > General TMNT Discussion

Notices

Old 06-21-2014, 03:31 PM   #21
xChri5x
Stone Warrior

Quote:
Originally Posted by CyberCubed View Post
Are you a idiot? Lionsgate doesn't own the 4kids series they release the only show they have the rights to.

This release has nothing to do with Nick .
Perfectly reasonable response...
Old 06-21-2014, 03:51 PM   #22
Netkeeper
tactical blackquill

Quote:
Originally Posted by xChri5x View Post
Because it's out of print.
Then why can I still find lots of 87 TMNT dvds at Walmart? Hell, I bought several at Fry's in late April for my birthday. You can find dvds of this series everywhere. They don't need to release it again. Just stock stores with more copies of the ones they already made.

Quote:
What kind of question is this? You're bothered by the fact that they're rereleasing the complete series set for people who missed it the first time around?

Why the hell is this an issue?
Because of the below.

Quote:
Originally Posted by That Collector Guy View Post
JUST RELEASE the full 2003 cartoon in a set, please? This is really getting ridiculous. OK, well, it was already ridiculous, but now it's even more so.
We still don't ****ing have this show. We've HAD 87, we don't need it again. It's becoming the most irritating thing in the world that 2k3 is still being treated as if it doesn't exist. 87 and 2k12 merch is everywhere. What is going on? I don't care if it's the most relevant thing in the world or not, but if fans don't start making noise, we may never get it. So I'm making noise.
Old 06-21-2014, 03:51 PM   #23
CyberCubed
Overlord

Quote:
Originally Posted by xChri5x View Post
Perfectly reasonable response...
That guy constantly rags on the 4kids series when he's completely oblivious to the fact that Nick owns the rights to that show, whereas Lionsgate owns the rights to the original cartoon.

Lionsgate is making money off the only show they own. They can't release any other series.
CyberCubed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2014, 06:11 PM   #24
rickwj324
Mad Scientist

Yes Netkeeper, you can find all seasons of the original toon on dvd. This is a re-release of the complete collection that comes in a turtles van. Its been out of print for some time now and has been selling on ebay and amazon for several hundred dollars. So for those of us that missed out on this the first time around this is great news. At $82 its also cheaper than buying all of the seasons separately.
I am happy to finally have this in my collection and am patiently waiting for them to release the 4kids toon.

Rick
rickwj324 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2014, 06:18 PM   #25
oldmanwinters
Overlord

Quote:
Originally Posted by tone-master21 View Post
Your right it's not a bad list Legend of Mojo should have been on there though.
Got the X-Men on the brain, I see!
http://marvel.wikia.com/Mojo_(Mojove...1_Textless.jpg

Experience the TMNT Fan Commentaries!
Check out my TMNT fan comic, "Nothing to Fear"!
View my sketch work!
I'm selling some of my hard-to-find TMNT items!
oldmanwinters is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2014, 06:22 PM   #26
CyberCubed
Overlord

I still say people got "Turtles and a Hare" mixed up with the Usagi Yojimbo episode. That's the only explanation.
Old 06-21-2014, 07:58 PM   #27
Powder
So tired of this place

I have all the individual volumes, the only way I'd double dip is if they did a complete set that didn't come in that God-awful van, where the discs are less than safe. Give me a nice fat square case I can store with my other DVD collections.

I'm convinced that none of you have ever experienced joy
Powder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2014, 09:11 PM   #28
DVD
Mad Scientist

Quote:
Originally Posted by That Collector Guy View Post
JUST RELEASE the full 2003 cartoon in a set, please? This is really getting ridiculous. OK, well, it was already ridiculous, but now it's even more so.
I'm with you 100%.
I do get them reissuing the van tho. The first edition totally sold out in no time. I know the van isn't everyone's cup of tea. I do like fun DVD or blu ray releases.
Oddly enough, I just started watching the set again this morning before finding thus thread.
I figured it must be the 2K3 series. I got a little excited, especially as I read the last post, and thought Powder was referring to the Battle Shell !! Haha!!
Never mind.
I hope those that missed out in the first issue get their hands on this second release before it goes stupid high on the dollar front again.
DVD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2014, 09:24 PM   #29
tone-master21
Mad Scientist

Quote:
Originally Posted by oldmanwinters View Post
Lol I didn't even realize I put mojo damn auto correct
Old 06-21-2014, 09:30 PM   #30
CyberCubed
Overlord

Quote:
Originally Posted by DVD View Post
Oddly enough, I just started watching the set again this morning before finding thus thread.
I figured it must be the 2K3 series. I got a little excited, especially as I read the last post, and thought Powder was referring to the Battle Shell !! Haha!!
Never mind.
Why on earth would a thread about 2k3 DVDs be in the general section, instead of the 4kids section? I don't know why you would think that since its pretty obvious the title having "Lionsgate" in it alone let you know it was about the original show.

Do people still not know the difference between Lionsgate and Nick? Nick owns the 4kids cartoon, Lionsgate owns the original cartoon. Nick has no say over what Lionsgate does with the 80's cartoon, and Lionsgate cannot release the 4kids series as they don't own the rights.

Some of you have no idea how business works.
Old 06-21-2014, 09:41 PM   #31
Netkeeper
tactical blackquill

I'm aware of this. I've been aware of this. It doesn't change the fact that 87 is getting released again and we still don't have 2k3.
Old 06-21-2014, 09:49 PM   #32
sdp
-

Lionsgate is cashing in on the new movie. Maybe for the sequel we'll get a new Lionsgate release.
sdp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2014, 09:51 PM   #33
CyberCubed
Overlord

Quote:
Originally Posted by Netkeeper View Post
I'm aware of this. I've been aware of this. It doesn't change the fact that 87 is getting released again and we still don't have 2k3.
But its just a "second printing" of the same Turtle Van boxset. It's not a real re-release because its the same thing.

I don't understand why this is a problem. This doesn't interfere with any other series potentially being released, that's up to Nick.

Nick hasn't released blu-ray sets of their cartoon or released 2k3 on DVD, so they're the ones you should be directing your frustration with.
Old 06-21-2014, 09:55 PM   #34
DVD
Mad Scientist

Wow! One lil misunderstanding !! Haha!
No, I hadn't considered it was the reissue as i was sure I had read that lions gate had lost their license to the original series. Obviously, I was wrong.
I am in the General section, which I had forgotten was set up fir classic pre 2K3 stuff. Sorry to upset anyone because my brain wasn't in gear and I hadn't had breakfast yet ( hey, it's a good excuse).
Anyway, to all who didn't get the set, it's a nice way to own the whole set.
DVD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2014, 05:42 AM   #35
rickwj324
Mad Scientist

Quote:
Originally Posted by DVD View Post
Anyway, to all who didn't get the set, it's a nice way to own the whole set.
Yes it is and I'm ecstatic about it getting re-released. I was just about to buy all of the individual sets a couple of weeks ago and was looking at just over $100 for the individual releases. I'd much rather have this boxed set!!
Old 06-22-2014, 10:42 AM   #36
Netkeeper
tactical blackquill

Quote:
But its just a "second printing" of the same Turtle Van boxset. It's not a real re-release because its the same thing.

I don't understand why this is a problem. This doesn't interfere with any other series potentially being released, that's up to Nick.

Nick hasn't released blu-ray sets of their cartoon or released 2k3 on DVD, so they're the ones you should be directing your frustration with.
Oh trust me, Nick's had my rage for ages. Again, I bring up our lack of 2k3 release because it's getting so incredibly frustrating that fans need to start making noise if we ever want to see it. I know it's not up to Lionsgate, but Lionsgate isn't going to be looking at this thread, now are they? I bring it up so the issue has more visibility in general.
Old 06-22-2014, 02:39 PM   #37
alliance
Hench Mutant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Netkeeper View Post
Oh trust me, Nick's had my rage for ages. Again, I bring up our lack of 2k3 release because it's getting so incredibly frustrating that fans need to start making noise if we ever want to see it. I know it's not up to Lionsgate, but Lionsgate isn't going to be looking at this thread, now are they? I bring it up so the issue has more visibility in general.
nones making noise!! no one CARES about seeing 4 kids [except their 4 fans] they wont sell and that's all there is to it.. OT sells cause its a plain BETTER PRODUCT.. 4kids isn't..

WHY ISNT THERE A DEMAND FOR 4KIDS??????? why/?? cause its not entertaining, its considered the next mutation#2 of the turtles series to be honest with you..

80's TURTLES MUCH COOLER THAN FORGOTTEN 4KIDS
alliance is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2014, 02:43 PM   #38
Netkeeper
tactical blackquill

Quote:
Originally Posted by alliance View Post
nones making noise!! no one CARES about seeing 4 kids [except their 4 fans] they wont sell and that's all there is to it.. OT sells cause its a plain BETTER PRODUCT.. 4kids isn't..

WHY ISNT THERE A DEMAND FOR 4KIDS??????? why/?? cause its not entertaining, its considered the next mutation#2 of the turtles series to be honest with you..
Old 06-22-2014, 02:50 PM   #39
rickwj324
Mad Scientist

Quote:
Originally Posted by alliance View Post

I'd have to disagree with ya (as I'm sure many would). I know there are lots of people (such as myself) that really want them to release the full series in a decent package. Judging by the high prices these individual discs fetch on ebay, there's plenty of people wanting this series and are willing to pay (sometimes) outrageous prices to get them.

Is it as popular as the OT? No, it's not. Still, there IS a market/demand for it. And it's definitely not 'considered the next mutation #2'. There are a huge chunk of TMNT fans that prefer this over the OT due to it being a little more adult based and closer to the original books on which the turtles are based. Next Mutation is mostly hated by turtles fans, whereas the 4kids show is generally well received.

I believe I read that when Nick acquired TMNT from Laird, $20 million was spent on acquiring the 4kids show. If that's true, I'm sure we will see this show back on dvd at some point.

Rick

Last edited by rickwj324; 06-22-2014 at 03:10 PM.
Old 06-22-2014, 03:16 PM   #40
raph27
Mad Scientist

I bet I'm the only person here excited for this since I'm a new fan. totally picking this up.
raph27 is offline   Reply With Quote