The Technodrome Forums

Go Back   The Technodrome Forums > TMNT Merchandise > Toy/Collectible Discussion

Notices

Old 05-09-2019, 09:52 AM   #41
RicksNerdLife
Foot Soldier

Quote:
Originally Posted by tmntfannumerouno View Post
I’m not sure how you could interpret my post as rude as it’s kind of hard to display something like that in text unless you use certain words or emojis. My guess is you’re just having a rough day? Maybe you’re trying to prove something to yourself? Whatever the case may be I don’t have the time or the patience to deal with that. Have you met Firstofthreelatinkings? You two might get along maybe.
So, comparing me to a scalper is where we are at? Okay.

See, we have this little commonality called "language", junior. And I can read. And I can speak. And when someone says "You don't really believe that, do you?", it is marked with a passive aggressive, condescending tone.

Now, if you posited a "Oh, really? You think so?", we would be having a different conversation. But instead, you immediately dove into the condescension. Needlessly, might I add.

That, along your absolutely bull-headed refusal to accept accountability for your degradation of this conversation, speak volumes into who you are.

I'm having a great day. I've got nothing to prove, especially to the likes of someone like you. Same clearly can't be said of someone like yourself-- with zero personal accountability, and the social skills of a cactus. Who also apparently doesn't have the time or patience, but keeps taking the time to keep replying.

Now, as requested, you want to continue this discussion, by all means, PM me. But unless your next response is an enlightened "Yeah, maybe you're right", how about you drop your crap, and stop making a mess of this fine thread?
RicksNerdLife is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2019, 02:21 PM   #42
Roseangelo
Emperor

Frankly, it’s pretty bold of you to just start posting stuff with no introduction to yourself and expect us to take you at your word. And then get offended when people ask for a source.
Roseangelo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2019, 02:48 PM   #43
RicksNerdLife
Foot Soldier

Quote:
Originally Posted by Roseangelo View Post
Frankly, it’s pretty bold of you to just start posting stuff with no introduction to yourself and expect us to take you at your word. And then get offended when people ask for a source.
Actually, I did introduce myself, previously. In my very first post.

And again...I. Am. Not. Offended. That. He. Questioned. Me. Are you thick? How many times and ways must that be stated? Plainly and simply, I have said this at LEAST three times now.

How? Yes. That he did? No. The manner in which it was questioned? Yes. That he had doubts? No. Do you understand?

And Jesus, bold. Bold?? You aren't above or below me. We are on level playing fields here, people. You are not my superior, I do not answer to you. To any of you. And I'm not so certain why so many of you are so incredibly unwelcoming of new members. I've seen it time and time again, having browsed here, often. There are some good, hell, GREAT people that come here.

It's you old timers, with your toxicity, feeling you're owed some sort of respect for being around longer that are the problem.

But it's cool. You know? I get information behind the scenes often. I'll just keep it to myself, for my own enjoyment, or post it to my YouTube channel, where you all can give me the hits. And then when the news of these come out, maybe you'll develop a little sense of humility and graciousness.

Learn how to talk to people.
Old 05-09-2019, 03:02 PM   #44
Jester
Rat-faced Dude-guy

Rick, maybe dial it back. Your kinda neglecting to follow your own rules about being respectful to your fellow posters.

"Clearly, you're Ninja Turtling incorrectly." - Leo656
Jester is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2019, 03:03 PM   #45
Roseangelo
Emperor

Quote:
Originally Posted by RicksNerdLife View Post
Actually, I did introduce myself, previously. In my very first post.
You said, “I’m Rick!” So, technically yes, but apparently we were supposed to get more from it than that.

Quote:
Learn how to talk to people.
Hilarious.
Old 05-09-2019, 03:04 PM   #46
RicksNerdLife
Foot Soldier

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jester View Post
No, see. Again with the gaslighting. You incite people, then all of you circle the wagons, and try to turn it around on the individual. And it's ALWAYS the same people. Always. This is not the first time, won't be the last. You ruin these forums.

Again, all this over what should have been some pretty cool little news.
Old 05-09-2019, 03:05 PM   #47
Jester
Rat-faced Dude-guy

From a new member that none of us know where it's coming from who is incredibly salty when called out on the fact that we don't know him from Adam.

"Clearly, you're Ninja Turtling incorrectly." - Leo656
Jester is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2019, 03:08 PM   #48
RicksNerdLife
Foot Soldier

Quote:
You said, “I’m Rick!” So, technically yes, but apparently we were supposed to get more from it than that.
Didn't say that. You need credentials? A resume? What would constitute a "proper introduction" for "Roseangelo"?

What do you want to know? Fire away. I'm 36, married for 10 years, as my bio says, from Ohio. Anything else?

And again, I speak how spoken to. You want more respect? You want me to talk to you like a fellow human being? Deserve it.
Old 05-09-2019, 03:11 PM   #49
RicksNerdLife
Foot Soldier

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jester View Post
From a new member that none of us know where it's coming from who is incredibly salty when called out on the fact that we don't know him from Adam.
Again...for Christ's sake. Not a ONE of you said "How do you know that? What are your sources?"

Not one. It was immediate "You don't believe that, do you?", which is not only condescending in its delivery, as if I'm a fool for thinking this, but it's rude.

Serious question, are some of you on the spectrum? Do you not understand how rude that this is? I'm being genuine here.
Old 05-09-2019, 03:12 PM   #50
KROW
Meat-n-Potatoes Man

Quote:
No, see. Again with the gaslighting. You incite people, then all of you circle the wagons, and try to turn it around on the individual. And it's ALWAYS the same people. Always. This is not the first time, won't be the last. You ruin these forums.

Again, all this over what should have been some pretty cool little news.
Back up your claims with sources instead of snarky rebuttals and things will go a little smoother. If you talk about this on your YouTube channel, politely post a link and maybe you'll get your "hits."

Take the piss out of the water and the sharks will go away.

- Optimus Acid Trip - Cult of a Half-Shell - Raiden's Bitter Tongue -
I don't try to be funny; I fail at it naturally.
KROW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2019, 03:14 PM   #51
Roseangelo
Emperor

Quote:
Well, that's good to know! I know I'm literally making my first post right now, but Lord knows I'll need all the help I can get when the villain packs come out this Fall! My local Targets have gotten NADA.

Oh, and hello, all! I'm Rick! Long time lurker, first time poster!
<10 characters>
Old 05-09-2019, 03:16 PM   #52
RicksNerdLife
Foot Soldier

Quote:
Originally Posted by KROW View Post
Back up your claims with sources instead of snarky rebuttals and things will go a little smoother. If you talk about this on your YouTube channel, politely post a link and maybe you'll get your "hits."

Take the piss out of the water and the sharks will go away.
Again. And again. And again. On freaking repeat here.

Had HE originally asked "How do you know?", we wouldn't even be having this conversation. Why is this so difficult for any of you? Honest to God, WHY? He gets snarky with me, and because I'm "new", I need to take it? I need to "earn my wings"? Respect to another individual is something that isn't automatic with you?

That says a lot about the lot of you

Don't disrespect someone until they do something do deserve your disrespect.

Seriously. Y'all got some issues.
Old 05-09-2019, 03:17 PM   #53
RicksNerdLife
Foot Soldier

Quote:
<10 characters>
10 characters, what?
Old 05-09-2019, 03:18 PM   #54
Candy Kappa
The Agenda of Existing

Alright, this ain't a cute look, Rick. I saw your side of it with the dick calling and "earning wings" spiel, but cmon!

And since we're highly off-topic. Boy, do I hate the whole "earn my respect" thing, respect isn't earned it's given and anyone with a big ego to think otherwise... no thank you.
Candy Kappa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2019, 03:21 PM   #55
RicksNerdLife
Foot Soldier

Quote:
Originally Posted by Candy Kappa View Post
Alright, this ain't a cute look, Rick. I saw your side of it with the dick calling and "earning wings" spiel, but cmon!

And since we're highly off-topic. Boy, do I hate the whole "earn my respect" thing, respect isn't earned it's given and anyone with a big ego to think otherwise... no thank you.
What are you talking about? I think respect is deserved to anyone that deserves it. It's not an earned thing. I am respectful to anyone that is respectful to me. It's really simple. If you disrespect me, I will disrespect you back. Why would you deserve it after that?

So, what now about what I am saying is bothering you?
Old 05-09-2019, 03:50 PM   #56
KROW
Meat-n-Potatoes Man

Quote:
Again. And again. And again. On freaking repeat here.

Had HE originally asked "How do you know?", we wouldn't even be having this conversation. Why is this so difficult for any of you? Honest to God, WHY? He gets snarky with me, and because I'm "new", I need to take it? I need to "earn my wings"? Respect to another individual is something that isn't automatic with you?

That says a lot about the lot of you

Don't disrespect someone until they do something do deserve your disrespect.

Seriously. Y'all got some issues.
Issues. Right.

Well, I'm not going to talk about yours since I don't know you. And I don't give a rat's hairy fanny if you respect me or not -- especially here. Now I could say that I was trying to offer some advice on how to be a good member on this forum, but I don't know if you'd believe that (and some folks would compare me to Icarus).

But what I will say that all this "wing" talk is pretty much a batch of hullabaloo. There really isn't such a thing as "earning wings" here. And if any member who would be seen as having these wings starts hooting and tooting and flapping them about like how you're flapping your gums here, they'll get the same damn treatment, I assure you.

You said so yourself that you're a longtime lurker. And judging by your claims on the environment here, you know how these forums go; you see how these members act; you have an inkling of an idea how treatment is handed. So why join and start posting if you think we ruin these forums? Are you determined to clean them up for us? If you plan on teaching us some manners, have some of your own. Quite frankly, you brought all the hostility with you.

Now, I'm not a moderator -- and I don't like to make waves -- but please, Rick, sit down and be nice or your ass is going to have a meeting with the door.

Old 05-09-2019, 03:59 PM   #57
RicksNerdLife
Foot Soldier

Quote:
Originally Posted by KROW View Post
Issues. Right.

Well, I'm not going to talk about yours since I don't know you. And I don't give a rat's hairy fanny if you respect me or not -- especially here. Now I could say that I was trying to offer some advice on how to be a good member on this forum, but I don't know if you'd believe that (and some folks would compare me to Icarus).

But what I will say that all this "wing" talk is pretty much a batch of hullabaloo. There really isn't such a thing as "earning wings" here. And if any member who would be seen as having these wings starts hooting and tooting and flapping them about like how you're flapping your gums here, they'll get the same damn treatment, I assure you.

You said so yourself that you're a longtime lurker. And judging by your claims on the environment here, you know how these forums go; you see how these members act; you have an inkling of an idea how treatment is handed. So why join and start posting if you think we ruin these forums? Are you determined to clean them up for us? If you plan on teaching us some manners, have some of your own. Quite frankly, you brought all the hostility with you.

Now, I'm not a moderator -- and I don't like to make waves -- but please, Rick, sit down and be nice or your ass is going to have a meeting with the door.
Literally was told I have not "earned my wings" here. That's where it came from.

And again, flapping my gums? Have you seen the entirety of this conversation. Or no? Because I assure you, I did not start this little devolve of convo.

If I get banned, then so be it. I joined here in hopes of having discussions about one of my favorite properties with other like-minded fans. That's it. I had hopes that perhaps the regulars I speak of I could just avoid. It's no skin off my nose at the end of the day if I'm here or not.

Again, I can be really cool, or we can all just keep going back in forth until, as you say it, a moderator shows me the door.

Although, I have yet to do anything that warrants a ban, so not sure how that's going to happen--unless you're telling me that you think you're going to keep goading me into saying something ban worthy if I don't meet your criteria...
Old 05-09-2019, 04:09 PM   #58
EddieNES
Stone Warrior

Pork Rind?
EddieNES is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2019, 04:12 PM   #59
Candy Kappa
The Agenda of Existing

Quote:
Originally Posted by EddieNES View Post
Pork Rind?
Candy Kappa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2019, 04:23 PM   #60
KROW
Meat-n-Potatoes Man

Quote:
Literally was told I have not "earned my wings" here. That's where it came from.

And again, flapping my gums? Have you seen the entirety of this conversation. Or no? Because I assure you, I did not start this little devolve of convo.

If I get banned, then so be it. I joined here in hopes of having discussions about one of my favorite properties with other like-minded fans. That's it. I had hopes that perhaps the regulars I speak of I could just avoid. It's no skin off my nose at the end of the day if I'm here or not.

Again, I can be really cool, or we can all just keep going back in forth until, as you say it, a moderator shows me the door.

Although, I have yet to do anything that warrants a ban, so not sure how that's going to happen--unless you're telling me that you think you're going to keep goading me into saying something ban worthy if I don't meet your criteria...
Hey, I'm cool, too. In fact, I'm pretty f***ing awesome and I love the Ninja Turtles so much I married someone I met here. Now, I'm sure you're a great guy in real life and can charm the shirt off a homeless chick, but you gotta remember we're on the internet; type fonts do not a personality make.

I will concede that you did not coin the "earning wings" phrasing as it's being used here. No, you were not the originator. Whoever said that to you is a big bag of silly. However, you do keep bringing it up. I'm just trying to refute it as a thing. Also, you kind of did start this thread's devolution with your initial rebuke.

I'm also saying that if you want to talk to like-minded folks about Ninja Turtles, that's great! Fantabulous! But be nice about it -- even if they're not so nice to you. This whole back-and-forth between you and me, or you and someone else, is most likely going to get archived somewhere (off-topic hootenannies are a sin) so it won't do much good to keep it going. I harbor no ill will toward you at this point in time and I'd like to keep it that way, so be assured that I won't goad you into stepping in forum poo-poo. But you won't avoid the regulars. You can't. That's why they're regulars.

If you can be cool, be cool. Take it from Dalton: Be nice.

Tags
action figures, batman, insider ruins thread, mikey, toys