The Technodrome Forums

Go Back   The Technodrome Forums > General Forums > General Discussion > Current Events

Notices

Old 01-07-2020, 11:26 PM   #21
Leo656
The Franchise

Time To SEND FOR THE MAN!!!

(I'm aware "Send For The Man" is a Randy Savage meme. Work with me here.)

"I left some words quite far from here to be a short reminder...
I laid them out in stone, in case they need to last forever..."

"But hey... I'm not telling you anything that you don't already know."
nWo Tech: The Official Thread Poison of the Technodrome Forums
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCxr...awnHgDz1ceDcfA
https://theroxxshow.blogspot.com/
Leo656 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2020, 11:34 PM   #22
IMJ
Emperor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Andrew NDB View Post
Missiles launched from Iran itself INTO Iraq, apparently. But I guess at bases/installations where no one was there or hurt? Eugh. Oh the one hand it seems like just enough of a careful ploy to satisfy "See? We did something to retaliate!" while not actually doing enough (as in actually killing Americans) as to illicit more from us. As in a declaration of war. No, I suspect this is where it ends, maybe with some sanctions/general uneasiness for a while, but it depends on how we want to humor this attack. Maybe some mild return fire.
I didn't think that they had confirmation of causality or primary targeting yet, but I haven't turned on the news in about two hours or so.

I think the whole "Iran Saves Face" scenario is plausible and likely, but I wasn't going to speculate anything about that until we knew more details. They'd be crazy to overtly kill an American citizen on retaliation when they don't have a rogue general to hide behind doing it for them. And they'd be crazier to kill a single homeland citizen, but again we will get into that later when more details come out.
IMJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2020, 10:40 AM   #23
Andrew NDB
Weed Whacker

Seems to be exactly the case:

https://www.cnn.com/middleeast/live-...020/index.html

"Iran appears to be standing down"

"Trump's Iran comments suggests there won't be a military response"
Andrew NDB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2020, 11:46 AM   #24
IMJ
Emperor

Quote:
Seems to be exactly the case:

https://www.cnn.com/middleeast/live-...020/index.html

"Iran appears to be standing down"

"Trump's Iran comments suggests there won't be a military response"
This is rational and good. Iranian leadership is saying though that their "response" was not enough. But I'd guess that's more showmanship on their part.
Old 01-08-2020, 07:49 PM   #25
Voltron
Handsomest Boy in School

A direct attack on United States military bases and the only response is a sigh of relief from the White House? Weakness incarnate.

The previous administration hunted down and assassinated terrorists. This one cowers at their reprisals. The United States has never looked weaker. Let's get a real man in there to show the world how it's done.

Boo.
Old 01-08-2020, 07:57 PM   #26
Andrew NDB
Weed Whacker

They attacked our embassy so we took out their #2 guy and we still didn't get dragged into a war. Seems like win win to me.
Andrew NDB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2020, 08:27 PM   #27
Voltron
Handsomest Boy in School

I'm just having fun at your expense. It occurred to me during the last admin that anything can be spun into an abject failure. Now I do it just to see how frustrated people get when "Obama=always bad" is changed to "Trump=always bad".

In that spirit, this is a definite and total loss on the part of the United States. We've been attacked by an enemy and our president has given absolutely no comfort in his response. Now the world knows we are afraid of going to war, and they'll most likely use it to their advantage.

Thanks, Obam-I mean Trump.
Old 01-08-2020, 09:02 PM   #28
IMJ
Emperor

Quote:
They attacked our embassy so we took out their #2 guy and we still didn't get dragged into a war. Seems like win win to me.
Pretty much this.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Voltron View Post
I'm just having fun at your expense. It occurred to me during the last admin that anything can be spun into an abject failure. Now I do it just to see how frustrated people get when "Obama=always bad" is changed to "Trump=always bad".

In that spirit, this is a definite and total loss on the part of the United States. We've been attacked by an enemy and our president has given absolutely no comfort in his response. Now the world knows we are afraid of going to war, and they'll most likely use it to their advantage.

Thanks, Obam-I mean Trump.
The thread locking forum moderator is admitting above that he's poking the bear. Oh the irony.

But I'm not mad at him about it. It was just too easy a thing to point out that the thread locking forum moderator is admitting above that he's poking the bear.

All kidding aside though, I am relieved that we got that bastard general and if things had to play out beyond that, then this is fine. Now I just hope that integrity everywhere prevails and it's truly the end of it. But I won't say I trust the Iranian government or culture to have it be the end.