The Technodrome Forums

Go Back   The Technodrome Forums > General Forums > General Discussion > Video Games

Notices

Old 07-03-2018, 02:01 AM   #10081
Turo602
The King of Kings

Walked into Target as soon as they opened last Friday and managed to snag an NES Classic without any hassle or waiting in line. So glad it's been a lot easier to grab one of these things than before. Stock doesn't seem too crazy, but people don't seem to be clamoring for them either anymore. If they hadn't re-released this, I would have never gotten one because f*ck scalpers.

Also put a lot of trade credit to use as well, and took advantage of Gamestop's Buy 2 Get 1 Free promotion on used games and grabbed a bunch of games. I'm glad I hang onto boxes when trading to Gamestop, because they sure come handy when you're looking for old games and they come in such sh*t boxes.

Last edited by Turo602; 07-04-2018 at 11:18 PM.
Turo602 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2018, 03:07 AM   #10082
Shark_Blade
Emperor

Is that a Crash amiibo?
Shark_Blade is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2018, 03:17 AM   #10083
Turo602
The King of Kings

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shark_Blade View Post
Is that a Crash amiibo?
Nah. They're Amiibo-like figurines from Sony that are exclusive to Gamestop. They have no NFC function, they're just collectible. There's more characters like Kratos and Sack Boy, and they're only 10 dollars.
Old 07-03-2018, 03:34 AM   #10084
Shark_Blade
Emperor

Still looks awesome, I plan to get one too!

Cheers for the info.
Old 07-03-2018, 07:29 AM   #10085
Storm Eagle
Saved by

Quote:
Originally Posted by Turo602 View Post
Walked into Target as soon as they opened last Friday and managed to snag an NES Classic without any hassle or waiting in line. So glad it's been a lot easier to grab one of these things than before. Stock doesn't seem too crazy, but people don't seem to be clamoring for them either anymore.
Tell that to Best Buy, who has been sold out of them since Saturday. They first sold out there in the middle of the day on Friday, but later on that same day, you could place pickup holds at certain stores. Now they're sold out again.

I caught GameStop's listing when you could order one from them at least at midnight on the night before the re-release, and I ordered one with a friend in mind since I figured he most likely wouldn't be able to get one at his local store. Then I checked Best Buy and they were taking orders too. So I ordered from them since I could get points from purchasing from them. That one arrived yesterday at this UPS Store I had them send it to, and I already claimed it and shipped it out to him, and he should be getting it today. There's a lady at my job who tried to get one for her father when they came out in 2016, and they were wicked scarce back then. So at work on Friday, I told her that I ordered one, and she can check with her dad to see if he might still want one. She said she'd ask him when she saw him during the weekend, but yesterday she told me she forgot to.

When I saw that I could do a pickup hold at a Best Buy, I did it that Friday with another friend in mind. They didn't confirm that it was ready by the time the store closed. So I just went and got one from Target later that night in case Best Buy wouldn't come through for me. The Target had one left, but they had eleven on their floor when I went there yesterday for something. Best Buy would notify me on Saturday morning that the pickup is ready, but I decided to see if they had any more that I could buy, so that way I could pay for it with cash. They did, and I bought it with cash, and then cancelled the hold. So I was able to get four of them.

I still have yet to see if the co-worker's dad will still want one, and the other friend I checked with told me that she'll have to think about if she still wants it since she had already spent money on a lot of things. Repairs on her car being one of them. I just wasn't sure how things would be this time with it getting reissued, although there does seem to be some improvement. Like you said, not as many people seem to be clamoring for them anymore, and that's what the aforementioned co-worker said when I told her that this Target in her area actually has some in stock, according to the site anyway. GameStop's site sold out of them by Friday morning, but as I type this, they're offering them on their site again. I went to a different Target on Saturday and they had twelve on the floor, and the Wal-Mart across the street had four.

I was never interested in getting an NES Classic at first since I already own the majority of the games on it in one or more capacities and didn't feel as though I was missing out on the others. Now I think I might want one because it's like a time capsule of Nintendo's 8-bit days. I didn't own an NES until late 1989, and I can see what I missed out on all of those years before. So I may just keep one of the units I bought. However, I recently learned that the second level was removed from Donkey Kong, and I'm worried about what might have been done to the other games on it. The same goes for the SNES Classic.
Storm Eagle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2018, 07:31 PM   #10086
sdp
-

I really wanted one but the time has passed, I think I'd rather just build a retro pi box for less money and more games. I'm also still bitter the Virtual Console is dead and I had basically all those titles on VC anyway which are now non-transferable to my Switch.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Storm Eagle View Post
I didn't own an NES until late 1989, and I can see what I missed out on all of those years before. So I may just keep one of the units I bought. However, I recently learned that the second level was removed from Donkey Kong, and I'm worried about what might have been done to the other games on it. The same goes for the SNES Classic.
NES Donkey Kong didn't include the second level for whatever reason but all other arcade ports aren't missing anything, they aren't 100% pixel perfect ports but at the time they were easily the best ports to date of DKjr, DK3, Mario Bros, Pac-Man etc.

1989 was still in the prime of the NES' life. Did you know it's super simple to hack and add games? You can triple the library and even add SNES games on it if you want. Hell, you can add the Donkey Kong: Original Edition which is an official Nintendo rom hack released for the Virtual Console on the Wii & 3DS that includes the second level that was missing.
sdp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2018, 01:39 PM   #10087
AquaParade
Banned

Does anyone have a clue as to whether the Mega Max X Legacy collections will be sold individually on the Playstation store? They are only appearing as a bundle and the game unlocks tonight.
AquaParade is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2018, 05:32 PM   #10088
Cure
Y'all need Jesus

You guys, Octopath is so good. It's so addicting.
Old 07-24-2018, 02:28 PM   #10089
Ninjinister
無問題

Quote:
Originally Posted by sdp View Post
NES Donkey Kong didn't include the second level for whatever reason but all other arcade ports aren't missing anything, they aren't 100% pixel perfect ports but at the time they were easily the best ports to date of DKjr, DK3, Mario Bros, Pac-Man etc.

1989 was still in the prime of the NES' life. Did you know it's super simple to hack and add games? You can triple the library and even add SNES games on it if you want. Hell, you can add the Donkey Kong: Original Edition which is an official Nintendo rom hack released for the Virtual Console on the Wii & 3DS that includes the second level that was missing.
Semi-related, they do have the arcade version of DK on Switch now. I never thought it'd happen.
Old 07-30-2018, 08:11 AM   #10090
AquaParade
Banned

Question for PlayStation experts:

So ya know how games typically release at midnight or 9pm the day before their official launch date?
Does the same apply to movies? Infinity War has a digital release date of tomorrow. Will I be able to watch it at 9 tonight? I’m in California.

Thanks for any help
AquaParade is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2018, 02:58 AM   #10091
shredder orokusaki
Mad Scientist

Playing Yakuza 0 at max settings 2560x1440 with 8X SSAA at 60 fps. Very good for my GTX 970 which is 3 years and 11 months old. That shows what monter graphics card is! I am beating evryone! Playing on hard of course and no one can hit me! If you like me and my foot ninjas this game is for you. It released 4 days ago on pc! In the game you play as a Yakuza and fight other yakuza but also civilians . It takes place in Japan. What i like more is that Sega didnt transalte it to that poor and stupid langugage known as English that we are forced to talk here but left it to the original much superior Japanese language. It only has english subtitles.

Here a little gameplay that i uploaded.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=l__2zXPg_i0

You can buy from here
https://store.steampowered.com/agecheck/app/638970/
Old 08-10-2018, 06:00 PM   #10092
Shark_Blade
Emperor

Currently playing Tomb Raider Legend Resident Evil Revelations.

Old 08-21-2018, 07:58 PM   #10093
TurtleTitan97
Space Cowboy

Played Shenmue for the first time on PC. It's alright so far.

TurtleTitan97 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2018, 04:12 PM   #10094
Shark_Blade
Emperor

Played Shenmue on PS4 a bit. It’s kinda boring... weird how people were hyped about this in the past.
Old 08-27-2018, 08:33 AM   #10095
shredder orokusaki
Mad Scientist

Quote:
Originally Posted by TurtleTitan97 View Post
Played Shenmue for the first time on PC. It's alright so far.
How long it took you to finish it?
I just bought Strange Brigate from steam. It releases tomorow. It is next rebelion game(sniper elire developers) so it will be great! It is also action game like them and in this we will fight monsters like mummies and zombies!
Old 09-06-2018, 08:30 PM   #10096
PApagreg
Mad Scientist

If anyone wants to play Shenmue just play a Yakuza game.

Also just got Spiderman at the midnight release and here is the face I made when I got it.
Old 09-06-2018, 09:01 PM   #10097
TigerClaw
Mutant Tiger

Quote:
Originally Posted by PApagreg View Post
If anyone wants to play Shenmue just play a Yakuza game.

Also just got Spiderman at the midnight release and here is the face I made when I got it.
https://media.giphy.com/media/YV4cSd...9OBF/giphy.gif
I just pre-ordered the digital deluxe version. I'm not gonna play it til sometime tomorrow. That's gotta download first.
Old 09-07-2018, 01:30 PM   #10098
Cure
Y'all need Jesus

Spider-Man! Swinging around is so fun. Apparently this game has a fast travel but like...why?
Cure is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2018, 09:17 PM   #10099
Prowler
Emperor

Been playing Dragon Quest VIII on the 3DS lately. I normally don't play JRPGs, but a guy I know is a big fan of the series so I decided to give it a shot. it's been entertaining enough so far but I'm only about 7-8 hours into the game so far. I probably still have a long way to go.
Prowler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2018, 03:51 AM   #10100
shredder orokusaki
Mad Scientist

I started playing Shadow ofthe tomb raider. From what isee many people dont like it because it has less action and more exploration. If it is true htn i will also not like it because i want action! I want to klill and kill!!!! Rise of the tomb raider and Tomb raider had much more action and very little exploration and that why they were perfect for me! I remeber then some people complaining about it having more action and less exploration. Now that they made it less action people again complain. Iam still on the begining of the game but iam curious to see if it is realy is like they saying. As for peromance at max settings 1440p the benchmark says 46 fps max and 27 average but real game perfomancei s hgiher because it dont lag or stutter. GTX 970 still a beast after so long. I have seen people with similar cpu and ram like mine(ryzen 1700 and 16 gb 3200mhz) getting more than 60 fps maxed 4k and 1440p so it is clearly graphics card who brings down the perfomanvce but since it is another case where the games run better than the benchmark it is ok with me.

Tags
awesome, cybercubed the diaper, cybercubed the homophobe, peanut, video games