The Technodrome Forums

Go Back   The Technodrome Forums > TMNT Universes > General TMNT Discussion

Notices

Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-20-2017, 10:52 PM   #41
Coola Yagami
Emperor
 
Coola Yagami's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2004
Posts: 7,298
It was due to the toys not selling, which is why I hate toy driven shows. No matter how awesome the show might be, if the toys don't sell, pull the plug. Had the TMNT toys bombed, the Nick show wouldn't have lasted past season 2.

He-Man did indeed have some sort of plans for Hordak returning in the third season. But again, the toys. And the last ones were getting really lazy and were mostly repaints and variants.
__________________
http://markandpaigerodriguez.blogspot.com/ Our blog on random stuff from TMNT to Batman comics to whatever else hits our mind. Also a member of the Heroes in a Halfact Podcast series.
our video game review Youtube channel.
http://www.youtube.com/user/VideoGameMasters09
v=ufYzGoquORs[/url]
Coola Yagami is offline  
Old 05-25-2017, 09:33 AM   #42
pferreira
Stone Warrior
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Posts: 981
Quote:
Originally Posted by sdp View Post
He-Man is gay.
How do you know and if so why should that matter?

Quote:
Originally Posted by neatoman View Post
Hate? It's a show meant for 5 year olds and my comments don't go beyond questioning quality or making jabs, you're one who keeps taking offense at it. You're being melodramatic over nothing.
You haven't made one fair criticism of the show. You're quick to attack others for making posts when you don't contribute anything of use apart from a pointless thread of why David Wise copied Superman. When you say that the FW series is for five year olds not only do you disrespect five year olds but any fan on this forum that grew up watching the show and is still a fan of it. I also don't take harassment by three members of this forum as being 'melodramatic'.

Quote:
Originally Posted by neatoman View Post
you get mad when someone makes fun of something you watched when you were still learning how to read. You realise how sad and pathetic that is, right?
You know what's sad and pathetic? Not allowing people to have a different opinion to yourself. Sure when you grow up maybe you'll learn but while on this board you can't not expect people to take offence with things you say especially when you attack others. THAT is pathetic. Of course what's also pathetic is hogging the Ask The Editor page and sucking up to Bobby Curnow then accusing me for liking a show you don't like.
pferreira is offline  
Old 05-25-2017, 10:02 AM   #43
neatoman
Foot Elite
 
Join Date: Jul 2014
Location: Stockholm
Posts: 3,997
Quote:
Originally Posted by pferreira View Post
You haven't made one fair criticism of the show.
It's full of animation errors, plotholes, continuity errors and blatant commercialism. How is that not fair to say? It's true.

Quote:
Originally Posted by pferreira View Post
When you say that the FW series is for five year olds not only do you disrespect five year olds but any fan on this forum that grew up watching the show and is still a fan of it.
This is hilarious. Stating who the target audience was is an insult towards the target audience and those being nostalgic for it from when they were the target audience? Seriously?

Quote:
Originally Posted by pferreira View Post
I also don't take harassment by three members of this forum as being 'melodramatic'.
You're not being harrassed, you just can't tell the difference between jokes and insults.

Quote:
Originally Posted by pferreira View Post
You know what's sad and pathetic? Not allowing people to have a different opinion to yourself. Sure when you grow up maybe you'll learn but while on this board you can't not expect people to take offence with things you say especially when you attack others.
Again, you are not being attacked, you just have a thin skin and you go for bottom of the barrel retorts.

Quote:
Originally Posted by pferreira View Post
Of course what's also pathetic is hogging the Ask The Editor page and sucking up to Bobby Curnow then accusing me for liking a show you don't like.
... What? How am I hogging it up or sucking up to him? I'm just asking questions about recent issues and pointing out if I liked something, that's what that thread is for and what everyone else uses it for.
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by JTH View Post
Turtles is basically the red-headed stepchild of Nick.
Hahahaha!
neatoman is offline  
Old 05-25-2017, 10:25 AM   #44
pferreira
Stone Warrior
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Posts: 981
Quote:
Originally Posted by neatoman View Post
It's full of animation errors, plotholes, continuity errors and blatant commercialism. How is that not fair to say? It's true.
But you could say the same thing about the your precious IDW series?

Quote:
Originally Posted by neatoman View Post
This is hilarious. Stating who the target audience was is an insult towards the target audience and those being nostalgic for it from when they were the target audience? Seriously?
Yeah and many people here feel you've stepped out of line. All I've seen is rudeness from you towards other users here talking about something they like, week in week out.

Quote:
Originally Posted by neatoman View Post
Again, you are not being attacked, you just have a thin skin and you go for bottom of the barrel retorts.
Maybe they do things differently in Sweden but in other parts of the world that is called harassment.

Quote:
Originally Posted by neatoman View Post
How am I hogging it up or sucking up to him? I'm just asking questions about recent issues and pointing out if I liked something, that's what that thread is for and what everyone else uses it for.
Oh right so it's ok for you to go on the IDW forum and gush about the comic but people who are fans of the FW series aren't allowed to do the same thing on the General Forum because you don't like the show? Talk about being a hypocrite.
pferreira is offline  
Old 05-25-2017, 10:38 AM   #45
neatoman
Foot Elite
 
Join Date: Jul 2014
Location: Stockholm
Posts: 3,997
Quote:
Originally Posted by pferreira View Post
But you could say the same thing about the your precious IDW series?
Have you read it? Please point out the plotholes and continuity errors to me.

Quote:
Originally Posted by pferreira View Post
Yeah and many people here feel you've stepped out of line. All I've seen is rudeness from you towards other users here talking about something they like, week in week out.
Good day, Axe Handle. Now would you mind actually answering the question, how is it an insult to point out who the target audience were?

Quote:
Originally Posted by pferreira View Post
Maybe they do things differently in Sweden but in other parts of the world that is called harassment.
The source of the conflict is usually you, you get mad at a joke or take criticism of a cartoon as a personal insult. It's not harrassment.

Quote:
Originally Posted by pferreira View Post
Oh right so it's ok for you to go on the IDW forum and gush about the comic but people who are fans of the FW series aren't allowed to do the same thing on the General Forum because you don't like the show? Talk about being a hypocrite.
They are allowed to, you just can't stand criticism of it for some petty reason. Stop taking an old cartoon so seriously, it's not worth getting mad over.
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by JTH View Post
Turtles is basically the red-headed stepchild of Nick.
Hahahaha!
neatoman is offline  
Old 05-25-2017, 02:36 PM   #46
pferreira
Stone Warrior
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Posts: 981
Quote:
Originally Posted by neatoman View Post
Have you read it? Please point out the plotholes and continuity errors to me.
No I haven' t read it. I'll leave it to someone else to point out all the plotholes because I'm sure there are. I know it's your precious comic but sorry to say this but it isn't any better than any other iteration of the TMNT franchise. Live with it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by neatoman View Post
Good day, Axe Handle. Now would you mind actually answering the question, how is it an insult to point out who the target audience were?
Probably because anyone who isn't a moron would know the show wasn't meant to be seen by five year olds. Instead you diss anyone who still likes the show. Well done, you're going to continue to make friends here as you have already.

Quote:
Originally Posted by neatoman View Post
The source of the conflict is usually you, you get mad at a joke or take criticism of a cartoon as a personal insult. It's not harrassment.
Don't you DARE try to turn this on me. You're the one causing trouble, you're the one trolling. Nobody wants you to know you, nobody cares about trolls so just go away will you?

Quote:
Originally Posted by neatoman View Post
They are allowed to, you just can't stand criticism of it for some petty reason. Stop taking an old cartoon so seriously, it's not worth getting mad over.
People have every right to want me to report you. I'll stop getting mad when you stop acting like a total troll.
pferreira is offline  
Old 05-25-2017, 03:32 PM   #47
neatoman
Foot Elite
 
Join Date: Jul 2014
Location: Stockholm
Posts: 3,997
Quote:
Originally Posted by pferreira View Post
No I haven' t read it. I'll leave it to someone else to point out all the plotholes because I'm sure there are. I know it's your precious comic but sorry to say this but it isn't any better than any other iteration of the TMNT franchise. Live with it.
Uh-huh, so what you're saying is that if I watch a show and end up not liking it, even pointing out why I don't like it, I should just accept that a comic I really liked isn't better than it. Even though you literally have nothing to criticise about the comic, because you haven't bothered to check it out and you even refuse to dig up someone else's criticisms of it.

You do realise how insane that sounds, right?
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by JTH View Post
Turtles is basically the red-headed stepchild of Nick.
Hahahaha!
neatoman is offline  
Old 05-25-2017, 03:41 PM   #48
Netkeeper
tactical blackquill
 
Netkeeper's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2014
Location: Texas
Posts: 3,672
I love how he thinks his personal opinion dictates objective quality

Also neatoman doesn't attack me and I like the show, what now huh? checkmate atheists
__________________
Netkeeper is offline  
Old 05-25-2017, 03:45 PM   #49
GoldMutant
Rest. In. Peace.
 
GoldMutant's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2015
Location: New England
Posts: 1,518
..... No comment on the two/three way.
__________________________

It's definitely the toylines and possibly other media that keeps He-Man down though. That really sucks as I liked the 2000 cartoon and the original is still a classic.
__________________
Quote:
"It's only natural for living creatures to fight to protect their own lives. But what makes us human is that we fight for others. But who do you fight for? How hard must you fight...? That's the true measure of what human life is worth. Even when the battle's over, and the bonds that connect us are severed... We always return... Time and time again." -Phoenix Wright
GoldMutant is offline  
Old 05-25-2017, 04:30 PM   #50
ProphetofGanja
Mad Scientist
 
ProphetofGanja's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2013
Location: Dub Side of the Moon
Posts: 1,388
Quote:
Originally Posted by pferreira View Post
No I haven' t read it. I'll leave it to someone else to point out all the plotholes because I'm sure there are. I know it's your precious comic but sorry to say this but it isn't any better than any other iteration of the TMNT franchise. Live with it.
I mean, I think we could come up with a set of objective criteria to compare the two and I know that IDW would come out on top. I mean, the OT was fine back in the day but I could never go back and watch it now and enjoy it in the same way, because I'm an adult and my sensibilities and understanding of the world have developed since then

Quote:
Originally Posted by pferreira View Post
Probably because anyone who isn't a moron would know the show wasn't meant to be seen by five year olds. Instead you diss anyone who still likes the show. Well done, you're going to continue to make friends here as you have already.
The show was most definitely geared towards young children. There is a very slight amount of wiggle room in what we define as "young children"
__________________
"Wait... what?"
ProphetofGanja is offline  
Old 05-25-2017, 05:57 PM   #51
pferreira
Stone Warrior
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Posts: 981
Quote:
Originally Posted by neatoman View Post
Uh-huh, so what you're saying is that if I watch a show and end up not liking it, even pointing out why I don't like it, I should just accept that a comic I really liked isn't better than it. Even though you literally have nothing to criticise about the comic, because you haven't bothered to check it out and you even refuse to dig up someone else's criticisms of it.

You do realise how insane that sounds, right?
Nope, you sound insane. I don't give a monkeys whether you like the Fred Wolf cartoon, you have no right to troll other posts where people want to talk about something you don't like 'because as we all know the Fred Wolf series is crap right?" I mean this forum you're posting on was built on that show you hate so much.

First: get a reality check

Second: start being nicer towards each other. Don't criticise what other people like as inferior because technically speaking you love a show where the lead characters are reincarnated samurai!



Quote:
Originally Posted by Netkeeper View Post
I love how he thinks his personal opinion dictates objective quality
I completely agree. Neatoman is a complete troll.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Netkeeper View Post
Also neatoman doesn't attack me and I like the show, what now huh? checkmate atheists
You should friend him, you can start trolling together eh because that's just what this board needs right?

Quote:
Originally Posted by ProphetofGanja View Post
The show was most definitely geared towards young children. There is a very slight amount of wiggle room in what we define as "young children"
Five year olds yes. Or was that supposed to be older? Oh who cares it's a neatoman observation and those are crap.
pferreira is offline  
Old 05-25-2017, 06:51 PM   #52
Netkeeper
tactical blackquill
 
Netkeeper's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2014
Location: Texas
Posts: 3,672
Quote:
Originally Posted by pferreira View Post
I completely agree. Neatoman is a complete troll.
I was talking about you. Or are you trying to say I got the wrong pronoun

Quote:
Originally Posted by pferreira View Post
You should friend him, you can start trolling together eh because that's just what this board needs right?
If he attacked people that liked the show, as you claim, he wouldn't friend me
__________________
Netkeeper is offline  
Closed Thread

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -6. The time now is 10:42 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2017, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.