The Technodrome Forums

Go Back   The Technodrome Forums > TMNT Universes > TMNT Movie Discussion > Platinum Dunes TMNT Movie Discussion

Notices

Old 03-24-2017, 08:21 PM   #41
sdp
-

It's been done before in short clips but I don't have them. Just editing out the goofy sound effects already tonally changes scenes completely and makes it better, anyone have the youtube clips of that? There was also a fan project going on about it but I think it's not going places quickly.
sdp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2017, 08:41 PM   #42
MikeandRaph87
Jedi Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by sdp View Post
It's been done before in short clips but I don't have them. Just editing out the goofy sound effects already tonally changes scenes completely and makes it better, anyone have the youtube clips of that? There was also a fan project going on about it but I think it's not going places quickly.

I hope I did not come off as rude in my previous post. It is easy to do on the Internet. I just have a highly negative view of the show. It has to be a monument mal task as some of it has to remain for it be anything cohesive.
Old 03-26-2017, 06:14 AM   #43
ZariusTwo
Overlord

Quote:
Originally Posted by sdp
You either hate the movie or you like it for what it is, this isn't a situation like The Next Mutation where editing could actually make the movie better IMHO.
I like the movie for what it is, but that shouldn't deter anyone from wanting to delve into a little creative experimentation and seeing what the film is like by applying any lingering critiques a fan may have to the finished product. Even the good Star Wars movies have been re-edited by fans like Adywan's "Revisited" (which is even more of a Special Edition than the official Special Edition was)

Quote:
Somewhat off topic,one thing I would like reedited,is Batman Forever. Cut out some of the neon, add more of the psychological study where Val Kilmer and Chase are talking and he says 'I killed them'. Also, digitally makeover Jim Caray in the final act. Then you got yourself a pretty good film.
Batman Forever has a few fanedits like the "Red Book Edition" and the "Virtual Workprint" (that one is fairly easy to find with a google search), they tend to include most of the deleted scenes (though not without much of a polish) and restore the darker, psychological elements you mention. I don't think there's been a real effort to really give it a good rendering/digital makeover though, maybe one day
ZariusTwo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2017, 06:27 AM   #44
ZariusTwo
Overlord

I've been busy with other editing projects, but I should be resuming work on this within the week.

In the meantime, I've learned someone else, a reddit user called WhoJANKINS, has been editing the film and talks about what he's done here:

Quote:
I was limited to the source material, so I couldn’t remove everything I wanted, or make DRASTIC changes. For instance, Since the I don’t have the soundtrack and voices in their own separate files from the actual footage, I was forced to leave some scenes in the film, that I would have otherwise removed. Also, some scenes (like Mikey in the Halloween Parade) had to be kept due to continuity issues.

I removed about 23 minutes of footage. Including cheesy lines, unfunny jokes, unnecessary basketball player cameos, mutant dick jokes, sexy Megan Fox scenes, and more.. And I only added about 3 minutes of extra footage not scene in the original film (Judith Hoag Cameo).

Here are a couple of the major changes..

Casey Jones - Taking out his introduction/storyline in the first act gives him a more mysterious entrance when he rescues April. I wish I could have taken him out of the chase scene completely but was impossible due to limitations with the sound. But removing his early scenes, actually move the movie along better, as well as clear up some annoying plot holes, like WHY would a bartender be more scared of Casey Jones than the Shredder!? But now, with removing a couple scenes, the bartender never had a GPS on the phones.

Mutagen DNA story line - By removing a few lines, the mutagen no longer works by activating a dormant gene from their animal ancestry. Leaving the mutagen a mystery. Or you can assume it works like it has in past iterations.

There are also dozens of little cuts and re-edits that I feel make the movie just a little bit more watchable. Most of the changes were made for the first two acts.. The third act is a lot of just action, and I thought that is what this movie did well at.
https://www.reddit.com/r/TMNT/commen...dows_fan_edit/
Old 04-08-2017, 06:40 PM   #45
robb0226
Random Punk

I like the scenes you have so far. I have a feeling that the end run time will be short, but as long as it has a good outcome the length doesn't matter.
Look forward to seeing the finished product.

Have you ever seen a turtle get down? Slammin' and jammin' to the new swing sound.
robb0226 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2017, 10:19 PM   #46
BlueBandana
Foot Soldier

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZariusTwo View Post
I've been busy with other editing projects, but I should be resuming work on this within the week.

In the meantime, I've learned someone else, a reddit user called WhoJANKINS, has been editing the film and talks about what he's done here:

https://www.reddit.com/r/TMNT/commen...dows_fan_edit/
Did WhoJANKINS ever share a link to download his fan edit? I'd be interested in seeing it.
BlueBandana is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2017, 04:41 AM   #47
ZariusTwo
Overlord

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlueBandana View Post
Did WhoJANKINS ever share a link to download his fan edit? I'd be interested in seeing it.
I've since been in further contact with him, I've requested he give me a link to his edit. WhoJankins told me he was a former member of the 'Drome.
Old 06-17-2017, 10:20 AM   #48
ZariusTwo
Overlord

Just a quick update,I had intended to get this out on the date of the movie's one-year anniversary, but I've been having rendering quality issues with this one and other edits I've made, so I'm looking to switch programmes and build it up from scratch again.
Old 06-17-2017, 10:47 AM   #49
ProphetofGanja
Dub Professor

What video-editing program had you been using?
ProphetofGanja is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2017, 02:51 AM   #50
ZariusTwo
Overlord

Quote:
Originally Posted by ProphetofGanja View Post
What video-editing program had you been using?
Sony Vegas, I have a hard time working it.