The Technodrome Forums

Go Back   The Technodrome Forums > TMNT Universes > Nick TMNT Cartoon Discussion

Notices

Old Today, 02:51 PM   #741
FearlessLeader
Mad Scientist

I'm just going to wait and see how it turns out. I feel like every time before a new show starts we have this reaction. I actually think we might have had some of this same conversations before the 2012 version premiered and everyone was speculating.

I'll check it out. If I like it I'll watch it, if I don't I won't. Freaking out about what-ifs for the next year won't help anything (even though I know that action is pretty much the foundation of discourse within fandom )

Artwork by Jim Lawson
FearlessLeader is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Today, 02:54 PM   #742
CyberCubed
Overlord

Well considering this will be our next TMNT cartoon for at least 5 years (unless it bombs completely), I'd hope it's decent.

Come to think of it that's probably the plan Nick has with TMNT cartoons going forward. Give every series 5 years, have it end, then do a reboot with a different creative team. I think each cartoon might have a 5 year run from now on, and then immediately get replaced with a new show after.
CyberCubed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Today, 02:58 PM   #743
biganimefan
Foot Soldier

Honestly, I'd be perfectly fine if Nick does something like that. Although I do hope at some point in the next decade or so they'll let at least one series be made and put on something like Netflix to appease the Mirage purists. I actually would love to see that too.
biganimefan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Today, 03:05 PM   #744
Original TMNT Cartoon Fan
Emperor

Quote:
Originally Posted by CyberCubed View Post
Well considering this will be our next TMNT cartoon for at least 5 years (unless it bombs completely), I'd hope it's decent.

Come to think of it that's probably the plan Nick has with TMNT cartoons going forward. Give every series 5 years, have it end, then do a reboot with a different creative team. I think each cartoon might have a 5 year run from now on, and then immediately get replaced with a new show after.
I'm happy if we get two seasons. I'm afraid it will be cancelled if the toys don't sell well, especially since they probably will not be accompanied by any films.

http://www.fanfiction.net/u/968367/O...NT-Cartoon-Fan

(stories under reconstruction, will last some time because of computer problems. Hopefully, some will reappear as soon as possible)
Original TMNT Cartoon Fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Today, 03:08 PM   #745
Coola Yagami
Emperor

Four teenage martial artists that were bitten by radioactive turtles.... and um.... their master sensei was caught in a gamma explosion while holding his pet rat....
v=ufYzGoquORs[/url]
Coola Yagami is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Today, 08:12 PM   #746
CyberCubed
Overlord

I wonder how many aspects of the Nick cartoon will rub off on the 2018 show since it just recently ended and is done by the same company:

For example:

- Will the Turtles still be drawn with individual looks, heights and styles?

- Will April and Casey still be teenagers or be adults again?

- Will Splinter be Hamato Yoshi?

- Will Karai continue to be Shredder's adoptive daughter?

- Will any Nick created characters like Tiger Claw, Fishface, etc. return in the new show with new takes or origins?

We already know from the summary the Turtles will face, "a ton of new and old mutants" so it's probably going to be just as mutant heavy as the Nick cartoon is. Besides that I expect the usual Fred Wolf pandering and I think it's 100% likely we'll see Krang and Bebop/Rocksteady again no doubt.
CyberCubed is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
2018, rise of the tmnt